Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think CD will sound like? What do you want it to sound like?  (Read 15544 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2004, 11:33:05 PM »

I think we have made this harder on ourselves by assuming that in 2001/2002 that gnr were close. Apparently, they never were. touring was an excuse to leave the study and road test themselves; even though it ended quite badly, they weren't trying to set the world on fire.  Hopefully now we have come to the end of the wait and this band, which i pray is still in tact in the form it presented itself at the end of 2002, can tour and conquer the rock world again. Or at least completely expose the overindulgent world of pop, hip/hop for what it has degenerated into.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2004, 04:33:48 AM »

I want a Use Your Illusion 3, maybe a bit more focused (no covers and no My World). I don't mean that it should SOUND like UIY but varied in the same way.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
shaun
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2004, 05:28:52 AM »

Diffcult one this. While AFD is a classic, if GN'R were to try and recreate that kind of album again i don't think it would work too well. GN'R have moved on, and for all the down sides to the UYI albums, the up sides were amazing. So what with the big epic stuff like The Blues and Madagascar, that is the direction i want the whole album to head in  ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2004, 08:19:24 AM »

It will be good regardless of what style its in, and i'm happy with that ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
iMac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2004, 09:59:01 AM »

I'd like to see some real epic songs (both rockers and ballads). I loved "oh my god" but i think the media will have a field day if a vast majority of the songs are like this, no matter how good they are. They'll just damn axl for why it took so long for an album comprised mainly of 3-4 min rockers to come out, and of course compare them to those on appetite and UYI which they can never beat as their the songs that introduced us to gnr.
So i'd love to them be epic and musically destroy everything that currently exists.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2004, 10:07:33 AM »

It doesn't matter to me what is on it. I like everything else I've ever heard him sing on (including My World, I didn't like it in 1991 but now I think it was a really innovative song and sometimes actually find myself singing it, when I haven't even heard it in a while). I think though it will be mostly slower songs or epic type songs, all you hoping for a reincarnation of AFD are gonna be dissapointed I think, It will probably be slower pace than even the UYI albums, remember that Axl isn't that angry young guy anymore. peace

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2004, 04:38:27 PM »

We all know how cool LIES was , and I think one can appreciate Axl's vocals a lot more when he is doing an acoustic song...
A friend of mine did an acoustic version of Chinese Democracy (the song) and it turned out to be pretty cool... smoking

Do you think they will make acoustic songs for CHiDem ? or is it out of Axl's territory ? (Izzy was the folky mellow rock force in the band So Idunno)

+Would you like to hear a particular version of an old or new song ?? (or unplugged- whatever)?

peace peace
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 04:40:27 PM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2004, 05:05:48 PM »

I would love to hear some acoustic songs on Chin Dem

EEEERRRR Little boy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2004, 05:27:55 PM »

Acoustic is too much of a niche nowadays. It's saved for bonus tracks or online exclusives, stuff like that. Personally, I'm not a fan of acoustics. Every once in a while, it's okay for a change of pace, but they're too weak, IMO, to convey much power or emotion...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2004, 05:55:45 PM »

We all know how cool LIES was , and I think one can appreciate Axl's vocals a lot more when he is doing an acoustic song...
A friend of mine did an acoustic version of Chinese Democracy (the song) and it turned out to be pretty cool... smoking

Do you think they will make acoustic songs for CHiDem ? or is it out of Axl's territory ? (Izzy was the folky mellow rock force in the band So Idunno)

+Would you like to hear a particular version of an old or new song ?? (or unplugged- whatever)?

peace peace

No, there wont be

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2004, 06:39:58 PM »

I would hope that the album has some acoustic stuff, if it's going to be as varied as Use Your Illusion.  But somehow, I can't see it happening.  When you've got 7 or 8 people in a band, it makes it a bit hard to do just a quiet acoustic thang.  But then again, this is basically Axl's solo project, and I read somewhere that he's taught himself how to play guitar.  So maybe we'll see an acoustic solo Axl track??
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2004, 07:23:16 PM »

peace peace

No, there wont be

how you can be so sure about it?

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2004, 11:27:11 PM »

I'd love to see some acoustic song on CD.

Is a fact that Zakk Wilde said that Trere Was A Time starts with an acoustic guitar, like Dead Horse, or it's just a rumour?

peace peace

No, there wont be

He can't.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2004, 12:07:06 AM »

I could see acoustic passages integrated into the songs, but I doubt there will be any tracks in the Lies vein...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2004, 01:44:48 AM »

I guarantee there will be.  Axl loves playing his guitar along with singing slower paced songs that his voice can keep up with.  I know he'll throw something in the mix he did "himself".
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2004, 05:17:00 AM »

Well, didnt axl Write Dead Horse.? it has an acoustic intro..

I like acoustic songs, I personally prefer you're crazy done acoustically and You Ain't The First is pretty cool.

Im looking fwd to at least one acoustic song

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2004, 02:18:20 PM »

Is a fact that Zakk Wilde said that Trere Was A Time starts with an acoustic guitar, like Dead Horse, or it's just a rumour?

peace peace

No, there wont be

He can't.

do you wanna tell me why not? Is he not able to do that?

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2004, 03:08:59 PM »

Of course it will.

It will run the gamut from acoustic to electric to orchestrated, from pop to electronic to industrial to classic to modern to house to trance to hip hop to blues to jazz to folk to goth to punk to post punk to new wave to surf to rockabilly and finally, to country.

A literal melting pot of all musical genres, something for everyone if you will.

It'll have it all, man.? Grin

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2004, 03:34:11 PM »

Acoustic is too much of a niche nowadays. It's saved for bonus tracks or online exclusives, stuff like that. Personally, I'm not a fan of acoustics. Every once in a while, it's okay for a change of pace, but they're too weak, IMO, to convey much power or emotion...

Thats a bullshit remark if I ever heard one. There is no emotion in "Patience"? OK buddy. how about "One in a Million"? That is a gnr tune with tonnes of power and lots of emotions poured into it. Is probably the most controversial tune recorded by them.

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2004, 04:02:12 PM »

peace peace

No, there wont be

He can't.

do you wanna tell me why not? Is he not able to do that?

I meant Nytunz can't be sure, not that Axl can't do that (if you meant it, anyway)...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: