Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name  (Read 17852 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« on: December 14, 2004, 02:31:02 PM »

Everyday 2 or 3 different(not the same 2 or 3 people) 15 year old (15 is a rough estimate) girls wearing "hot topic" GNR shirt come into my work shopping. They usually end up coming through my line, so ill start a conversation about Brownstone, nightrain or its so easy and they all give me a weird look like im crazy, then i say, well you are wearing a GNR Tshirt and those are GNR songs. Then I realize they only have the greatest hits (I figured it all along, but i really like making them look stupid). We truly live in a sad era where potential gnr fans will buy the greatest hits instead of appetite since they get all the hits off of appetite by buying the greatest hits.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 02:43:56 PM »

IMO, any fan is a good fan. It cannot be helped if someone is an asshole, but that has nothing to do with the music they listen to. If someone listens to a great band without knowing a lot about it, I'd consider it a step in the right direction and nothing else.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:46:28 PM »

I thought it was people who riot at GN'R shows that give GN'R fans a bad name.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 03:00:45 PM »

Worse still are those trendy fucks who wear old skool rock tees as fashion shirts, with their design mohawks and trendy mullets. Motherfuckers. rant
GN'R
Motley
Skid Row
MotorHead
Poison have all been tainted by these "cool" types
at my store we now do a test to see if they are worthy of the tees...name five or more songs by the band and the t-shirt is yours.
Now that's Chinese Democracy ! ok

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 03:08:18 PM »

Then I realize they only have the greatest hits (I figured it all along, but i really like making them look stupid)

The only one who looks stupid is the cashier hitting on the 15 year old girl by using 80's band references.   j/k

If anything the exposure of teenagers wearing GnR clothes only helps the cause. I know I'd rather see a relativly attractive high school girl in the mall (I can hear the police sirens getting closer as I type) in a GnR shirt then a guy who looks like he made the final call back for this summers live action Beavis and Butthead movie. plus don't shun the greatest hits buying crowd.... they are going to be the largest group of Chinese Democracy buyers.
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 03:27:13 PM »

Worse still are those trendy fucks who wear old skool rock tees as fashion shirts, with their design mohawks and trendy mullets. Motherfuckers. rant
GN'R
Motley
Skid Row
MotorHead
Poison have all been tainted by these "cool" types
at my store we now do a test to see if they are worthy of the tees...name five or more songs by the band and the t-shirt is yours.
Now that's Chinese Democracy ! ok

Im 16 and wear GNR shirts and I love GNR more than anything, What I hate is all the people that I see wearing them now becouse people will look at me and think im one of them.  Angry         I try not to get stuff from hottopic anymore but if its GNR I will buy it for my collection from anywhere.

StoneTempleRoses

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 03:29:17 PM »

gh covers the comercial stuff and may make people dig deeper...

Yes, a lot of young people gets into gnr, it's pretty cool beer
i'm 22, is that young to be gnr-fan?

Maybe most gnr fans are beetween 12-25 now headscratch
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 03:38:56 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 03:34:41 PM »

Then I realize they only have the greatest hits (I figured it all along, but i really like making them look stupid)

The only one who looks stupid is the cashier hitting on the 15 year old girl by using 80's band references.? ?j/k

If anything the exposure of teenagers wearing GnR clothes only helps the cause. I know I'd rather see a relativly attractive high school girl in the mall (I can hear the police sirens getting closer as I type) in a GnR shirt then a guy who looks like he made the final call back for this summers live action Beavis and Butthead movie. plus don't shun the greatest hits buying crowd.... they are going to be the largest group of Chinese Democracy buyers.

I completly agree with your statements, and I also do think it really doesnt matter how much a person knowing about a band translates to ownership of a t-shirt. If anything it can only lead to more expusure and momentum in sales figures and publicity for when CD is released. Your final sense I believe is a good prediction as it might be hard to believe but in reality the number of hardcore GnR fans who have worshipped the band since its inception in either form are highly limited, if CD is marketed properlly it will enormously appeal to the new genertation of teenagers,etc.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pryor Murphy
Rocker

Fuck It!

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 03:36:30 PM »

I think it's a good thing that GN'R will have some new fans. It only make GN'R more famous to the teenagers. peace
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 04:33:16 PM »

Well, I didn't truly become a big Guns fan until Greatest Hits came out, but after that I got appetite, UYI, GN'R Lies, Spaghetti, etc.  I wish Axl would realize what good came out of the Greatest Hits album.  NOW is the time to capitalize on that success...release CD, damnit!  Grin

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »

i see your point , it can be that they just wear the shirt because is in hot topic and is in fashion right now , if tomorrow is not in fashion they wouldnt care about the shirt , but well its not the best but its not the worst , everyone when they started to like something they dont know a lot of it , i just knew like years ago about Axl , and i heard the same song and i didnt knew about other songs .? i think that hot topic was cool when the store  started but know they just sell things that look cool , im from mexico and we dont have hot topic here , one year i went to las Vegas and i saw the store it was new and they have a lot of cool stuff , then 2 years after that i went to Miami and the store was very different, it was like "the pop store for the rocker people" or something like that , they were selling Mana shirts , mana is a Rock -Pop mexican band very pop and comercial in my opinion , but they have it in there like its a cult band , the thing its that they just put shirts to pretend to be cool .
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 05:01:34 PM by neko » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 05:00:58 PM »

I have a friend who is 15 and a GNR fan!! She rocks!! GNR can use all the fans they can get. Just because they are young doesn't mean they don't know good music, when they hear it!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 05:03:59 PM »

yes, agree, very good taste ok

those who have the youth has the future too Wink
(yes i'm a motley fan)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 05:06:20 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 06:06:46 PM »

I always felt it was the guy who was about 16-18 when the UYI came out and actually thought biker shorts and catchers gear were in some form or (lack of) fashion cool...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dust N Rose
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 06:59:57 PM »

i see your point , it can be that they just wear the shirt because is in hot topic and is in fashion right now , if tomorrow is not in fashion they wouldnt care about the shirt , but well its not the best but its not the worst , everyone when they started to like something they dont know a lot of it , i just knew like years ago about Axl , and i heard the same song and i didnt knew about other songs .? i think that hot topic was cool when the store? started but know they just sell things that look cool , im from mexico and we dont have hot topic here , one year i went to las Vegas and i saw the store it was new and they have a lot of cool stuff , then 2 years after that i went to Miami and the store was very different, it was like "the pop store for the rocker people" or something like that , they were selling Mana shirts , mana is a Rock -Pop mexican band very pop and comercial in my opinion , but they have it in there like its a cult band , the thing its that they just put shirts to pretend to be cool .

You're right man. It's not that bad after all. I don't mind if someone wears some kind of shirt with GN'R on, it would be better to put that only if they really liked the band, but it's ok... we can't force anyone to listen to specific artists, it's unfair, we might ignore some great artists too. Besides I think everybody would be pleased if GN'R would be high trend just like the early 90s, it would be a happy feeling for me to open the radio every morning and listen GN'R instead of Evanescense, don't you feel the same  Wink
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 07:04:08 PM »

were they at least hot?  I love hot chics in GNR shirt.   

Ritz Reeves III
Dust N Rose
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 07:14:34 PM »

were they at least hot?? I love hot chics in GNR shirt.? ?

ok lol, you're right man

Bad luck we don't see them often, the girl I'm getting closer this time likes linkin park more than Guns N' Roses, damnit  Tongue
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 07:48:13 PM »

I thought it was people who riot at GN'R shows that give GN'R fans a bad name.

/jarmo

Oh how smart! And how rock n' roll! You want fans waiting for their band to be patient...well...why not understand the fans in the first place? Paying money for tickets, drinkin + having a good time and then wait for hours and hours?

To me rock n' roll is about what Guns did AND what the fans did! Otherwise there'd be no myth and no hype at all. You seem to paint the wall with just one color....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 08:16:51 PM »

Oh how smart!

Thank you.

And how rock n' roll! You want fans waiting for their band to be patient...well...why not understand the fans in the first place? Paying money for tickets, drinkin + having a good time and then wait for hours and hours?

To me rock n' roll is about what Guns did AND what the fans did! Otherwise there'd be no myth and no hype at all. You seem to paint the wall with just one color....

You paid money to see a show, not to wreck an arena and get innocent people hurt.

It's as "rock n' roll" as going to a football game and getting beaten up because you support the "wrong" team.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 08:18:25 PM »

Well, I didn't truly become a big Guns fan until Greatest Hits came out, but after that I got appetite, UYI, GN'R Lies, Spaghetti, etc.? I wish Axl would realize what good came out of the Greatest Hits album.? NOW is the time to capitalize on that success...release CD, damnit!? Grin
ok
well then there folks... there ya go!
hehe

many MANY people buy greatest hits or best of compilations first and then buy the remaining catalogue when its a band that they don't know much about other than thier radio songs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: