Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:48:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name  (Read 17840 times)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2004, 01:36:25 AM »

Everyday 2 or 3 different(not the same 2 or 3 people) 15 year old (15 is a rough estimate) girls wearing "hot topic" GNR shirt come into my work shopping. They usually end up coming through my line, so ill start a conversation about Brownstone, nightrain or its so easy and they all give me a weird look like im crazy, then i say, well you are wearing a GNR Tshirt and those are GNR songs. Then I realize they only have the greatest hits (I figured it all along, but i really like making them look stupid). We truly live in a sad era where potential gnr fans will buy the greatest hits instead of appetite since they get all the hits off of appetite by buying the greatest hits.

There's really nothing wrong with GNR catalogue going commercial at this point to attract a new fan base.
Besides, I owe it to Celebrity Deathmatch for playing "KOHD" which got me into GNR when I was 16. GNR's been my favorite band ever since and has changed my life.
Im sure many fans who are new to the GNR game thru the Greatest Hits will get around to the other hits when it gets its round. Its possible that Interscope could decide to release a compilation of GNR's less known hits so that those fans who got into the Greatest Hits will have another compilation to keep their appetites going.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004, 02:29:37 AM »

Where does it end then?

I can go on and say that 1/2 the people here aren't true fans 'cause they weren't there back in the day, like I was. Fuckin' posers! Getting into GnR after they broke up, what the fuck do you know?

See what I mean?

Just mind your own fuckin' business and the world will be a better place. And if you have to look down on a 15 your old KID to make yourself feel bettter about something you are a fuckin' idiot-Period.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2004, 03:58:31 AM »

well im just a kid myself

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2004, 12:59:33 PM »

Where does it end then?

I can go on and say that 1/2 the people here aren't true fans 'cause they weren't there back in the day, like I was. Fuckin' posers! Getting into GnR after they broke up, what the fuck do you know?

See what I mean?

Just mind your own fuckin' business and the world will be a better place. And if you have to look down on a 15 your old KID to make yourself feel bettter about something you are a fuckin' idiot-Period.

you need to calm down a lil bit but i do agree with you..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
twistedrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2004, 02:23:09 PM »

I think its dumb to wear a Tshirt of GNR if u dont hear them!
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2004, 07:52:27 PM »

This worked well with 2Pac, after his death they released his Greatest Hits album with one new unreleased song
Actually it was four unreleased songs: Changes, God Bless The Dead, Troublesome '96 and Unconditional Love.

*Kicks self for knowing that.

Smiley

Hey man you're right  Smiley Still find it funny 2Pac wrote Unconditional Love for MC Hammer
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2004, 08:59:37 PM »

I got a question does anyone know where to pic up like vintage Gn'R shirts instead of the CD ones as i already have one of those.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2004, 10:51:50 PM »

How in the world is name exposure a bad thing?  I think it's pretty damn cool that kids are into good music...or, if not the music, the aura of Axl's gang. Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2004, 11:04:53 PM »

How in the world is name exposure a bad thing?

agree, especially if they like the songs, guess gh did hook more people into it

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

I hate when people start acting like young kids give older bands bad names, like you were the only ones allowed to listen to gnr.. I guess when I was a kid getting all into led zepplin and wearing the shirts I was giving them a bad name as well?

Wether it's cool to be retro, or some britney chic like sgnr or whatever reason as long as they like the music it's cool

Anyways sometimes becoming a fan you tend to buy a greatest hits and if you like it you will probably research the gnr list of material and begin to buy the other albums..

It bothers me when fans on message boards try to tell who is a fan or who isn't by how they bought things and because of their age..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2004, 01:54:54 AM »

Where does it end then?

See what I mean?

you need to calm down a lil bit but i do agree with you..

I wasn't that worked up, just tired and cranky.
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2004, 02:16:54 AM »

if they dont know songs like nightrain its so east etc  then they should be shot.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2004, 11:56:07 AM »

if they dont know songs like nightrain its so east etc? then they should be shot.

haha, it's obligatory hihi

StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2004, 12:15:16 PM »

I got a question does anyone know where to pic up like vintage Gn'R shirts instead of the CD ones as i already have one of those.
I dont know where to buy vintage like 80s 90s stuff but you can buy shirts of the old band at infinity1.com
StoneTempleRoses

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2004, 10:37:01 AM »

. plus don't shun the greatest hits buying crowd.... they are going to be the largest group of Chinese Democracy buyers.

i agree with that. im 14 yrs old and guns n roses have made a huge impact on what i love and hate. personally i think that individual albums are better than the greatest hits because they have more songs and variety. Outta get me is a classic song and so DOUBLE Takin jive and they aint featured on the great hits album so therefore, greatest hits arent always the best buy. i think AFD is the best album eva.   

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2004, 12:03:01 PM »

I get all my GnR shirts custom made from a local T-shirt gallery in Ontario where I live. Depending on where you live, just look up some T-shirt stores and bring in the GnR pics on a Floppy that you want and they shouldnt have a problem making the shirt or sweatshirt for you.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2004, 12:21:19 PM »

yeh definately. i agree totally with whoever sed that i 15 yr olds werent even born when AFD came out and so on. i'm 14 now and i just bought UYI 1 yesterday and AFD during the summer holidays this year.it took me ages 2 find wot the albums where called but now i'm a mad fan. ppl think i'm a freak in my yr at skool 4 it but i dont giv a damn. i also turned me m8 in2 a mad GN'R fan. 

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Dizzie
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2004, 06:01:43 PM »

sadly  there aren't only 15 year old kids that do this kinda crap...moreover, i've seen 15 year olds that know phhhlenty of Gn'R songs...it's just the fact that some peope don't actually listen to the music...like it's so easy to get a "greatest hits" album. and like you're all setteld and everythin...c'mon, let's be serious...almost everyone knoes songs like november Rain or Sweet Child O'Mine...fair enough, these are great songs...but you gotta dig deeper into the music...i personally know a lot of peopel that say that Gn'R is to "slow" or "ballady" for'em, after they've heard the famous "don't cry", "november rain" of "knocking on heaven's door"...sure, these are hell great songs, but try Nightrain or Rocket Qeen for a change....as for girls...hell, this is sick...i know some pathetic groupies that are just into guns cause they have "live songs" or just cause they ahppen to like one of the mebers...it's sad, i should say, after meeting this sort of people, you have sokme trouble taking a real fan seriously or accepting the music in itsself...

sure, let'em enjoy the comercial crap...but dare they not sday they truly know Guns N'Roses... (any shithead can buy a T-shirt, what the hell...)

but when i was 15 i knew all the Guns n'Roses albums by heart... all hail to me...and all the real fans out there  ok
x axls rose x
Opening Act

Now and then, when I see his face...

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2004, 07:29:06 PM »

were they at least hot?? I love hot chics in GNR shirt.? ?

Grin I wear GnR shirts and I'm a chick!!   Cheesy
lol

This post kinda offends me...you make it sound like all 15 year old girls that wear gnr shirts and shit are posers and only have the greatest hits. I bought Appetite around the time GH came out lol
Not all people are like that, and besides, the more fans the better

I'm Miss World

Somebody
          Kill
             Me...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2004, 08:49:10 PM »

were they at least hot?? I love hot chics in GNR shirt.? ?

Grin I wear GnR shirts and I'm a chick!!? ?Cheesy
lol

kewl beer

even if people just know their commercial stuff, or are 12 or 5, wear it and show the world peace

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: