Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 02:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)  (Read 51213 times)
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2004, 03:28:45 PM »

I sure hope that tommy isn't just kidding when he said in that recent interview that he just had his two cents on the final mixes of the chinese democracy songs. If those are the final mixes then the album could definatley be a posibility at last, right?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2004, 10:38:04 PM »

The bravewords.com Stinson interview states the following:

"If all goes according to plan (and there's no assurance that it will), the eon-awaited Chinese Democracy will be out this fall and GN'R will be touring 'for the next year and a half or so.'"

Maybe the targeted release date is November after all. ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2004, 06:22:36 AM »

All grown up and rocking
By Jim Sullivan, Globe Staff  |  September 14, 2004

Tommy Stinson began playing bass with the Replacements at age 13, which means that Stinson could be the youngest person inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. To which he says: "I don't give a [expletive] about being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That's one step closer to getting in the box." This is not to say he's dissing his old band -- "I've got nothing but love for the little legacy we left behind," he says. But what Stinson, who recently released his solo debut CD, "Village Gorilla Head," wants to do is rock in the present tense. He's on tour with backing from Seattle rockers Alien Crime Syndicate, and they stop at T.T. the Bear's tonight. "I'm never gonna try and reinvent the wheel," he says of the gritty, Stones-like pop-rock music he makes. "I like to make records the same way I listen to records." Aside from his solo tour, there's Guns N' Roses, the mysterious rock beast of which he's a part. "It still exists," he says. "There's a record coming -- sooner rather than later -- and six or seven of the songs are earth-shattering. We'll be touring the world the beginning of the new year." As to tonight's gig, expect two sets, one acoustic and one electric, some solos, and tunes from Stinson's former band Bash & Pop, but nothing from the Replacements. "I didn't write those [expletive] songs," says Stinson, who's now 37. "Why would I play them now?" He does credit the Replacements for giving him direction at an early age: "It kept me from grand theft auto. That's the direction I was headed at the time, and I'd be in jail or dead by now, easily." The music starts at 9 with AM Stereo. Tickets are $12

10 Brookline St., Cambridge, 617-492-0082.

http://www.boston.com/ae/events/articles/2004/09/14/all_grown_up_and_rocking/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2004, 08:02:49 AM »

"earth shattering" Grin
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2004, 10:01:40 AM »

slowly, slowly he's beginning to give some info on the record

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2004, 10:13:22 AM »

We'll be touring the world the beginning of the new year.

Notice how he didn't say maybe, or show any doubt. This means if they aren't touring in the beginning of the year then....Tommy is a liar! I sure as hell hope not. But that is the most definite comment we've heard so far.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2004, 10:16:35 AM »

He is doing Axls job..... Lips Sealed hihi
crazycanadian
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2004, 10:27:08 AM »

Ya Tommy seems to be the new GNR promoter peace They have taken every thing in to there own hands beer
estranged.1098
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2004, 10:40:16 AM »

We'll be touring the world the beginning of the new year.

Notice how he didn't say maybe, or show any doubt. This means if they aren't touring in the beginning of the year then....Tommy is a liar! I sure as hell hope not. But that is the most definite comment we've heard so far.

Nope... it would just mean things went wrong in the world of Gn'R one more time.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2004, 10:42:56 AM »

thats because he is on the road touring, and it easy to get a interview of the guy Roll Eyes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2004, 10:52:20 AM »

whay does "earth-shattering" mean?  Huh

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2004, 11:09:28 AM »

whay does "earth-shattering" mean?? Huh

Something amazing..

So he says tour by the new year...When is there going to be word outside of forums for people to read this..??

I'm sure they're not doing 5000 seaters.. Smart money would be releasing a single very soon, each day the window closes for publicity..? I wish the others would finish their tours already and get their faces on mtv or something to push this..
I think the new guys have put so much pressure oin themselves to live up to.. It's better to be quiet and let the music do the talking, they're leaving themsleves open , getting anything less than perfect reviews might be a blow to axl..

The idea they feel/he so confident about the music is nice to know.. beer

Someone needs get a sooner then later translation in gnr terms hihi rofl
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 11:34:05 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2004, 11:40:59 AM »

whay does "earth-shattering" mean?  Huh

it's something like an earthquake!
so you'll have to wait for a major earthquake before you see CD

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2004, 01:56:37 PM »

Fine by me.  Axl doesn't need to do shit.  And all these recent interviews with Tommy indicate the CD is very very close.  It sounds like they have recently picked the set list and are ready to move forward, start promoting.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2004, 02:06:34 PM »

Fine by me.? Axl doesn't need to do shit.? And all these recent interviews with Tommy indicate the CD is very very close.? It sounds like they have recently picked the set list and are ready to move forward, start promoting.

I'd much rather axl say whatever is going on..Everyone will listen when he talks, shame the guys in the group don't have the actual dates so they could use it during their tours..  Cry

I won't feel right until axl says anything, dizzy said almost ages ago, nothing has changed..  I also wonder why tommy said 7 songs were earth shattering?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2004, 03:38:50 PM »

Fuck You Tommy Stinson!!!!!!

Im a patient man but these last few interviews are turning me into a rabid impatient fanatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earthshattering? there are only a few songs that are earth shattering and to have 6 or 7? that means at least 6 or 7 monster singles in my definition of the word, plus who knows how many other just great songs.

buckle your seatbelts my fellow GNR fuckers cause the bank is up ahead and our payoff is gonna be huge!

see what tommy is doin to me? he is turnin me into a fanboy! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2004, 03:42:31 PM »

earthshattering? there are only a few songs that are earth shattering and to have 6 or 7? that means at least 6 or 7 monster singles in my definition of the word, plus who knows how many other just great songs.

Earthshattering doesn't exactly mean single. In many cases Earthshattering is to complicated or to long to be conidered a radio single. But great news none the less.
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2004, 04:21:35 PM »

I am getting pretty sick of Tommy telling everyone how great the record is. I know he is very excited about it and that's great, but everytime I read an interview it seems like the album is getting better and better, only no one has heard it. I really hope he is right, and hopefully I'll (we'll) be able to hear it...But I will never believe what even Tommy says about the release date, or even Axl for that matter...Only when I have that CD in my hands will I believe it's actually out.
RichardNixon
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2004, 04:24:46 PM »

http://www.boston.com/ae/events/articles/2004/09/14/all_grown_up_and_rocking

All grown up and rocking
By Jim Sullivan, Globe Staff? |? September 14, 2004

Tommy Stinson began playing bass with the Replacements at age 13, which means that Stinson could be the youngest person inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. To which he says: "I don't give a [expletive] about being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That's one step closer to getting in the box." This is not to say he's dissing his old band -- "I've got nothing but love for the little legacy we left behind," he says. But what Stinson, who recently released his solo debut CD, "Village Gorilla Head," wants to do is rock in the present tense. He's on tour with backing from Seattle rockers Alien Crime Syndicate, and they stop at T.T. the Bear's tonight. "I'm never gonna try and reinvent the wheel," he says of the gritty, Stones-like pop-rock music he makes. "I like to make records the same way I listen to records." Aside from his solo tour, there's Guns N' Roses, the mysterious rock beast of which he's a part. "It still exists," he says. "There's a record coming -- sooner rather than later -- and six or seven of the songs are earth-shattering. We'll be touring the world the beginning of the new year." As to tonight's gig, expect two sets, one acoustic and one electric, some solos, and tunes from Stinson's former band Bash & Pop, but nothing from the Replacements. "I didn't write those [expletive] songs," says Stinson, who's now 37. "Why would I play them now?" He does credit the Replacements for giving him direction at an early age: "It kept me from grand theft auto. That's the direction I was headed at the time, and I'd be in jail or dead by now, easily." The music starts at 9 with AM Stereo. Tickets are $12.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 04:26:20 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2004, 04:34:04 PM »

I am getting pretty sick of Tommy telling everyone how great the record is. I know he is very excited about it and that's great, but everytime I read an interview it seems like the album is getting better and better, only no one has heard it. I really hope he is right, and hopefully I'll (we'll) be able to hear it...But I will never believe what even Tommy says about the release date, or even Axl for that matter...Only when I have that CD in my hands will I believe it's actually out.

Please post your comments about Tommy's interviews/ articles in this thread.

- Topics merged -

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: