Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)  (Read 51254 times)
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2004, 02:38:58 AM »

That is really exciting.
More focused than UYI??!!!? ok
God, it better bloody well come out soom!!!
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2004, 03:09:40 AM »

This definitely is one the best signs that CD is near.? I'm glad to hear that CD has finally been mixed.? ? ?beer

After hearing Madagascar and The Blues, I do not have any reservations about there being "long" and "epic" songs on CD.? I truly enjoy listening to those two songs each and every time.? Although I love AFD-style songs, I think it would be great to hear a diverse GNR record - epic songs and all.? I'm looking forward to it!?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2004, 03:16:06 AM »

I read the 9/10/04 article that was posted all the way through a FEW times.? Very good article, probably the best any GN'R memeber has ever given of the new band.? I like hearing in depth details but no sign of any release date in sight.? That's the only dis-encouraging part.? I'm still sticking with 3/31/05.? Sounds about right for CD to start.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 05:26:23 PM by grog mug » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2004, 11:32:53 AM »

Whatever happened to guys just rocking out and kicking ass?? Embarrassed

Please wait for the album to come out before you criticize it.? ok

I didn't knock it, I was talking about the epic songs mentioned, and the times I've read about violins n chellos... I bought afd when it came out, it was my favorite era..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2004, 11:48:41 AM »

I'm still sticking with 3/31/04.
You're little late then, maybe you should get your delorean and back to the present.  hihi
I wish Tommy had said something about a single or a video... If the album is so near to be released, I guess it's time to think about those things, huh?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2004, 11:51:49 AM »

Gnr was great during the afd era

I agree, they were great...but it was 17 years ago. People change, things evolve. GN'R evolved too (a lot!) and I'm glad. I wouldn't want to hear "Appetite For Destruction II".

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2004, 12:48:28 PM »

Whatever happened to guys just rocking out and kicking ass??
Because it gets old after a while. Who wants to see a bunch of 40 yr old guys continuously "rocking out" throughout their whole career. Talking about what they did ages ago about girls, drugs,etc.  Yea bands do it. BUt that ended with GNR after AFD.

Why the hell does "rocking out" have to mean AFD/ACDC/etc type music. WHy cant a band still be rocking out to different types of styles and songs? I just never get this "rock out" stuff. Its great initially for a band to break in with a bang and  attitude. But it can only  so far before it becomes stale and redundant.

This article is great news. It gave descent info on the content of the album. Just because he said epic doesnt mean we will gt a shitload of NR, Coma typesongs. {ALthough I hope we get 1 or 2 of those types}...Look at Maddy. That song has an epic feel to it. But its not "epic" in terms of length. I htink he means more of the lyrics,vibe, content of the album have an epic feel to it as an album as a whole. There will definately be all out rockers on the album. It gonna be a fukin melting pot.....

Its been a long ride but I'll tell u what......Theres no doubt in my mind that this band will deliver the fukin goods......The lyrics alone are going to be mind blowing......
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 12:52:04 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2004, 02:26:22 PM »

I'm still sticking with 3/31/04.
You're little late then, maybe you should get your delorean and back to the present.? hihi
I wish Tommy had said something about a single or a video... If the album is so near to be released, I guess it's time to think about those things, huh?

thanks voodoo!!!!!!!!!!! that was fuckin hysterical bro! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

i agree with youngunner, watchin axl perform some of AFD is interesting cause u can tell he is not that guy anymore, so i think the new stuff will rock and kick fuckin ass but will be a little more mature

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2004, 03:44:08 PM »

Look at Maddy. That song has an epic feel to it. But its not "epic" in terms of length. I htink he means more of the lyrics,vibe, content of the album have an epic feel to it as an album as a whole.

I'd love it even (more) if they were epics of gigantic proportions of over 50mins,
which consists of dramatic breaks and dazzling varieties of elements which are equivalent for 18 songs of 3 mins.
Yay, Mad as a hatter, so what!!!
Sales wise? Just look at Led Zeppelin.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2004, 05:41:55 PM »

I love the notion of songs filled with various movements and tempo changes.....I believe CD will  have a real cinematic feel to it....A CD that is truly WORTH every penny of a $20 purchase is certainly a rare thing to behold these days....I enjoy painting with music as much as anything else, I think we're in for one hell of an emotionally fulfilling ride
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2004, 11:15:26 PM »

so pretty much dizzy and tommy have stated that CD is mixed and done right?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2004, 11:54:57 PM »

maybe not entirely but at least it's almost there. A year from now we will all have heard CD. Think of it. Shocked

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2004, 01:20:36 AM »

Braveworld has a Tommy article in which he talks about Chinese Democracy and Axl. According to the article he recently listened to the final mixes of the new album:

---

Stinson also says that he listened to the final mixes recently and "added his two cents," noting that the songs were mostly quite long and epic, but "mind-blowing and fucking huge."

It sounds fucking great but when is it gonna come out? Are they gonna settle on a date and stop pushing the release date back so many times? It's been over 10 years in the making and i know i ain't gonna be disappointed. GIMME YOUR THOUGHTS ON CHI DEM!!!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
Kampsch
Opening Act

Live your own life.

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2004, 06:41:15 AM »

I don't know, I think it will be a diverse record
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2004, 07:34:44 AM »

epics? yes!
I hope it will be hard too, like heavy...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2004, 07:44:38 AM »

so pretty much dizzy and tommy have stated that CD is mixed and done right?

I think Dizzy mentioned listening to a few tracks and Tommy didn't specify the number of tracks he listened to.

Slash says Axl has finished two tracks....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2004, 08:00:39 AM »

Where does all the information about the album having 18 tracks come from? Is this information reliable. I was really hoping for a double album, Axl must have so many songs, its been so long. Wonder how Tommy heard these final mixes, he has been on tour for a while now hasnt he? Maybe Axl is letting copies of mixes out to the other band members!

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2004, 08:13:40 AM »

Where does all the information about the album having 18 tracks come from?

Axl in 2002.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2004, 09:06:17 AM »

gnrsucks.com has a better write up about what's going on.

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2004, 09:12:40 AM »

You're little late, but thanks anyway. There's already a topic about that here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15217.40? ok

ps: you should be more clear in the title. You don't want panic here, don't you?  hihi
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 09:19:24 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: