Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The word 'FREAK' used for this band!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The word 'FREAK' used for this band!!  (Read 7448 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« on: December 12, 2004, 08:06:15 PM »

One thing that pisses me off the most is when some of you guys use the word 'freak' for this new band n' im real curious as to why you would use that word. OK, Bucketheads out so that leaves us with the other stand out which is Robin Finck, simply 'cause of the hair style n' his clothing right, dont you guys think your being a little harsh??

Im glad we have someone like Robin Finck in the band, people like him have 'the balls' n' origenality to do somethin' crazy like his hair style, mainly 'cause of that is why some of you call this band a freak band, am i right. Or is it the only thing you can judge him on.

Just tell us why this 'freak' is a 'freak' n' why he has to be labell'd like that.
Or...tell us why you think he's great or perfect for this band.

Me...his guitar style is perfect for this band all the way, he rocks on stage n' seems like a genually nice guy, i dont dress the way he does but i sure as hell dig it ok
I love all the new guys but Robin just tops em', he fuckin' rocks!!! beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 08:24:59 PM »

I really like Robins guitar playing, but for a band that I always thought looked as cool as they sounded, Robin just looks fucking weird!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »

I really like Robins guitar playing, but for a band that I always thought looked as cool as they sounded, Robin just looks fucking weird!

But why doed he look weird? Personally I think he looks cool. His style is perfect for the band and he has a rock image. Just look at this pic from the 02 tour. Does he not look damn cool?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:30:44 PM by chineseblues » Logged
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 08:33:38 PM »

Dont get me wrong dudes, i really understand why some dont like the appearence, but for some reason i just see Robin as total Gunners, just seein' him do his thing on stage just proves it. yes

Edit - Man, that picture is unreal ok ok
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:36:43 PM by No6rt6ni6lC » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 08:33:53 PM »

I also thought Robin looked fine, and I like him just fine. It was just Buckethead that threw people off; everyone can assent to that.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 08:52:17 PM »

i think both bucket and robin are great.. people dismissed buckethead just because of the way he looks and some others dont care about him anymore because he's not in gnr anymore but you know what? he's still fucking joe satriani on speed..

and as for robin.. come on.. he's a kickass guitarist as well.. listening to the pittsburgh show on mp3, sometimes its hard for me to tell bucket from robin.. that's fucking talent..

so in a sense they ARE freaks.. cuz no normal people are as talented as they are.. and no normal person would stick by something inactive like gnr the way robin's doing..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 08:56:07 PM »

Hello,
 ?
 ? Maybe I can explain. ?Personally, I could care less what the players' looks are. ?In that photo though, he does look like that guy from the tv show 3rd Rock from the Sun.

? Also, I could care less what new Guns looks like. ?Axl could assemble some of the players from the Cantina on the planet Tattooine (Star Wars Episode 4) and I'd be happy. ?Forget "Chinese" Democracy, we'd have Galactic Democracy! ?Hell, they could tie it into the May 2005 release of Episode 3. ?That would be sweet.

AXL, please release it!!

Thanks,
Axl4Prez Smiley

?
 ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
estranged.1098
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 09:10:40 PM »

But why doed he look weird? Personally I think he looks cool. His style is perfect for the band and he has a rock image. Just look at this pic from the 02 tour. Does he not look damn cool?

That is a great pic. Do you know which show it's from?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 09:34:18 PM »

I dont find Robin nor any other band member "weird" or rightfully entitled a "freak". Robin is an amazing guitarist and will undeniably prove even more so then he already has that he is an essential asset to this band. I can understand completely how some can call Buckethead a freak, his image personally did nothing for me but image is nothing and talent is everything and he is one talented musician.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 10:15:38 PM »

just wanted, as usual, take any opportunity i can to show some "Robin Love"
 love Robin  love

robin is beautiful
as an artist and performer yes of course
but more than that
he just has a beautiful aura...
and he has a gorgeous face and stature also  Grin

the man has expressed himself in a lot of different hair and dress styles...
and through them all i think his spirit just shines through
sometimes just peeking out shyly from somewhere behind his eyes
and sometimes just beaming through that great smile

if Robin is a freak by any definition... then freakiness rocks  ok
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 11:52:09 PM »

I dunno, the goth look to me doesn't really go with GN'R, they were always more of a classic rock look.

As for whether he looks cool in that picture, a skinny pale white dude with a shaved head except for a bit at the back and strange looking sideburns isn't exactly what I call cool.

I still think Robin's a great guitarist though.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 12:22:36 AM »

As for whether he looks cool in that picture, a skinny pale white dude with a shaved head except for a bit at the back and strange looking sideburns isn't exactly what I call cool.

how els would you describe the others hihi

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 02:19:26 AM »

That is a great pic. Do you know which show it's from?

It's from the Osaka japan show.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 06:05:12 AM »

Hmmm. One of the main things that always appealed to me about GNR was the fact that I saw Axl as a "freak". I was mostly into punk stuff before GNR, but that genre's musical close-mindedness eventually wore thin. On the other hand, GNR had Axl's psycho attitude (leading a fairly traditional bluesey, pop-metal type band), *and* a lot of musical diversity. The moral is that various personalities and various musical styles make for a more interesting band.

But what do I know. I'm an obessive, hermit-like, red-headed nerd from a strict family and a small Indiana town. What other band could possibly call my favorite?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 07:51:46 AM »

The word like Freak or Weird used for an artist is a praise.

you know sometimes words have two meanings.

Yay, freakiness rocks  ok

Rock is freakness.

wicked!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 08:00:02 AM »

that picture is great!

robin rocks  ok

Chinese Democracy!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 08:02:58 AM »

freak... i dunno, maybe he would be laughed at in real life wearing that white toxido and stuff, if he hadn't been a performer and musician and most of the others wouldn't?

He reminds of brandon lee in the crow, and look pretty dedicated in what he do, Smiley

He's very kewl in osaka and vma, among others ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 11:34:18 AM »

I notice the word freak came into play around the vmas, robin finc looked like a some goth ,or a robert palmer chic,buckethead (do you need an explanation) and axl looked very different then we all remember.. People just didn't say oh axl got plastic surgery for the hell of it, it had to be a reason, his face looked rounded n smooth..

I could really care less, but that's why the band has been called freak a few times..
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 12:37:23 PM »

being a freak, or having a weird style is not a bad thing in music.
but you have to do it completly
you see, with Marilyn Manson it works fine because he goes all the way, style / ambiance / freakness is part of the show, and he says it, it is a SHOW. the package is thought as much as the content.

but for these new GNR, it is ridiculous because they don't fight in the same area, they are no shock rockers, no pop singers, just a rock band, they should stick with the music.

and about Robin Finck ... come on... saying his hairstyle is sooo cooooooollll..... come on ... its a freaking hairstyle, nothin much. just get over it. he is not a freak. and being a freak has nothin cool. its not because you have weird clothes and hair that you gonna be a rebel and all (quite the opposite....it's often hints of weakness ...)

robin finck and buckethead were ridiculous because they just don't blend, they look like two idiots that some crazy scientist put there.
robin could kick ass if he had his own band (or nin) to go along with all his creativity and weirdness (cf. website). but here, alone, in guns n roses, it doesnt work .....

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 02:01:21 PM »

but for these new GNR, it is ridiculous because they don't fight in the same area, they are no shock rockers, no pop singers, just a rock band, they should stick with the music.

robin finck and buckethead were ridiculous because they just don't blend, they look like two idiots that some crazy scientist put there.
robin could kick ass if he had his own band (or nin) to go along with all his creativity and weirdness (cf. website). but here, alone, in guns n roses, it doesnt work .....
headscratch Hmmm....I don't think I fully understood what you're trying to say...but You mean they don?t blend with your conventional views of GNR perhaps ? Well, See very early GNR pics and Say it again.
And ahem,You're saying, in short, You don't like new GNR, yes?
 headscratch Then, what are you waiting for?

its a freaking hairstyle, nothin much. just get over it. he is not a freak. and being a freak has nothin cool. its not because you have weird clothes and hair that you gonna be a rebel and all (quite the opposite....it's often hints of weakness ...)
Agreed. yes
Robin is cool. It's not because of his weird clothing or hairstyle.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: