Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers  (Read 58559 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2006, 09:34:01 PM »

I mentioned this in another thread but I'll ask in this thread too so anyway, is it just me or would Johnny Depp be great for a Freddie Mercury biopic? I don't know, after watching his movies I think he kind of looks like him and all the different roles he played and how much of a good actor he is, I think he could pull it off. And plus, Depp is into music himself like Rock n' Roll and stuff.

yeah.. come to think of it they kinda do have the same look going on with the ugly hair in charlie and the choclate factory!

but can depp sing?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »

Meh, I'd take Judas over Queen anyday. Just me.

I don't understand why you have to diss on Walk for having a different opinion anyways.

Anyways, thats just my opinion.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »

Meh, I'd take Judas over Queen anyday. Just me.

I don't understand why you have to diss on Walk for having a different opinion anyways.

Anyways, thats just my opinion.

? ?-jack

We are going to diss you too  rant
hahaha kidding  hihi
well actualy Im not saying that he is wrong, cause is an opinions and opinions are never wrong, but that he can listen to Jazz album which I think is great, I don't see the compares with Judas Priest, totally different bands.

About Depp being Mercury, could make sense he looks like Freddie but he needs to get his mouth more bigger so he can look like him.  Smiley

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2006, 02:46:42 AM »

Both Judas Priest and Queen had great singers, and they were both great 70's proggish bands before devolving into mass arena-rock. Proggy Priest is the 3 "S" albums, and then VERY quickly (as in just months after Stained Class) sold out with Killing Machine, while Queen had the proggy elements on the first 2 albums, and slowly turned into a mass-appeal band, which definitely happened with News of the World, but could be heard happening earlier.

I think Priest has more mystique because the band changed its image and sound so quickly, while Queen slowly turned away from their proggish roots.

Of course, a lot of the "watered down" post 70's Priest albums are excellent material, especially Defenders of the Faith and Painkiller. Also, many of the lesser songs sound much better live, most notably Desert Plains. They simply don't match up to the 3 "S" albums, though. Likewise, Queen have some good songs post Queen II, but just not as many per album as before.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2006, 03:36:46 AM »

Both Judas Priest and Queen had great singers, and they were both great 70's proggish bands before devolving into mass arena-rock. Proggy Priest is the 3 "S" albums, and then VERY quickly (as in just months after Stained Class) sold out with Killing Machine, while Queen had the proggy elements on the first 2 albums, and slowly turned into a mass-appeal band, which definitely happened with News of the World, but could be heard happening earlier.

I think Priest has more mystique because the band changed its image and sound so quickly, while Queen slowly turned away from their proggish roots.

Of course, a lot of the "watered down" post 70's Priest albums are excellent material, especially Defenders of the Faith and Painkiller. Also, many of the lesser songs sound much better live, most notably Desert Plains. They simply don't match up to the 3 "S" albums, though. Likewise, Queen have some good songs post Queen II, but just not as many per album as before.

your comparing queen, a rock/cross experimental/operatic band with a british new wave heavy metal band......

bit of a awkward comparrisson dont you think dude?

queen are ok, sheer heart attacks good (album), btw if your looking for the operatic thing you mentioned in antoher post, check out the album "a night at the opera", i think the title gives it away lol.

priests songs so way better live, heavier.

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2006, 03:53:42 AM »

Priest was part of the NWOBHM, but they were NOT an NWOBHM band. Judas Priest goes back to the late 60's. They predate NWOBHM by over a decade. And yes, all Judas Priest songs are better live.

A Night at the Opera is only an album title. The most "rock opera" (and best) of Queen albums is easily Queen II.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2006, 04:10:42 AM »

Priest was part of the NWOBHM, but they were NOT an NWOBHM band. Judas Priest goes back to the late 60's. They predate NWOBHM by over a decade. And yes, all Judas Priest songs are better live.

A Night at the Opera is only an album title. The most "rock opera" (and best) of Queen albums is easily Queen II.

i listened to queen II and found it dull due to it being under produced.

albums after it i find are more interesting.

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2006, 06:43:23 AM »

Give it another listen. It's Queen's best.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »

i listened to queen II and found it dull due to it being under produced.

albums after it i find are more interesting.

Queen II is a great masterpiece, actually yesterday I was listening to it, it does not have the poppy elements of the later albums but it's more jazz, opera, rock orientated and I think is a must for every queen lover. as walk said give it another try Wink

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

Launch Radio Netwokrs reports: After successful tours of Europe, Japan, and North America, it looks like QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS have decided to continue their working relationship with some new material. A message on QUEEN guitarist Brian May's web site reads, "We will be heading into the studio in October... There was an intent there for a while, but we have all been busy picking up our lives in different ways... but now it really looks as if we are on... We will take it gently at first, the priority being to feel good, and put ourselves in the mood to create." More information is forthcoming, and it should be noted that a source close to Rodgers didn't deny May's story.

May also said the October sessions would be held "at a secret location," and, while that location hasn't been announced, it's worth noting that Rodgers and his band, which includes former HEART guitarist Howard Leese, have booked a U.K. tour for October.

There are no plans for May and QUEEN drummer Roger Taylor to join Rodgers onstage. May said, "It will be good to see the Paul Rodgers we all grew up with, doing his own material, from FREE to BAD COMPANY and THE FIRM, plus, I'm sure, a good helping of the pure blues material which is such a main artery of Paul's music."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »

O only hope they dont go under the name of Queen

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:23 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The union of Paul Rodgers and QUEEN members Brian May and Roger Taylor is leading to new material. There have been hints about them going into the studio this fall, and May wrote on his BrianMay.com web site, "Roger and Paul Rodgers and I have been in the studio the last few days working on NEW NEW NEW material ... quite an occasion really. Apart from our excursions with Dave Stewart for Nelson Mandela a couple of years back (most of which never got heard) this is our first QUEEN new recording session for about 15 years. It may turn into an album ... it may lead elsewhere, but right now we are HAVING FUN! And ..... it sounds pretty amazing to my ears ... very different from anything Paul or Queen have ever done. And pretty epic!!" May didn't give any indication as to when this new material would be made public, or if there will be another QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS tour anytime soon.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2006, 08:57:38 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6151050.stm

Queen's first Greatest Hits album has topped a rundown of the UK's Top 100 best sellers, compiled by the Official Charts company for cable channel VH1.
The album, first released in 1981, has sold 5,407,587 copies - 600,000 more than its nearest rival, the Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Pop star Robbie Williams has the most albums in the chart with six.

But the Rolling Stones, Sting, the Sex Pistols and Bob Dylan are among those without a single entry to their names.

Mancunian rockers Oasis, singer Michael Jackson and Canadian star Celine Dion each have three entries in the chart, which includes compilations and original soundtracks.

Jason Donovan - currently appearing in ITV1's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! - has the country's 100th best seller with his 1989 debut, 10 Good Reasons.

Queen are the only band in the chart to sell more than five million albums.

Michael Jackson's Thriller, meanwhile - the biggest selling album of all time according to the Guinness Book of Records - ranks as the UK's eighth most popular release.

Relative newcomers James Blunt and David Gray appear at 19 and 20 respectively, while Dido's first and second albums chart at 15 and 22.

Madonna is the highest ranked solo female, however, with her Immaculate Collection just making the Top 10 in tenth place.

Positions have been determined by basing sales on data ranging from current sales figures to handwritten till receipts from the 1950s.

Blur bass player Alex James will host a rundown of the chart on VH1 on Saturday.

5 million is the top?

Thats it? Dont people over here buy albums - there are 62 million of us!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2006, 01:23:04 PM »

Doesnt surprise me lots of people now Queen more for their singles than for any album, which I think is a big mistake.
I think that number has decrease or raise its number thanks to P2Ps programs

No man can be my equal
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »

Well, not really, when you consider that albums released in the last couple of years have outsold records that came out twenty plus years ago.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2006, 03:14:35 PM »

Another useless list.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2006, 09:09:07 AM »

Another useless list.

Why is it useless Huh

Its fact - official publication of the music industry over here

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2006, 10:39:56 AM »

Well, not really, when you consider that albums released in the last couple of years have outsold records that came out twenty plus years ago.
Its true but kinda tricky for instance when Maiden release Brave New World it was the best selling record for Maiden carreer, yet it wasnt like 7th son or Number of the beast, cause I think it was only for Bruce's return but not for its quality  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: If all goes well, QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS will grace us with new music on tour next summer. The group has been in the studio this year, and QUEEN guitarist Brian May told Britain's Sky News, "The tracks seems to be coming out very well, so we'll have to think about whether this is an entire album, or whether it's just a few tracks, and there's a possibility we'll go out on tour next summer as well. We're thinking about that." May didn't say when tourdates might be announced, nor did he say when they might release the new material.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The members of QUEEN are really happy with the new material they recently recorded with Paul Rodgers. Guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor were interviewed on the CBC TV show "The Hour", which airs weeknights across Canada, and host George Stroumboulopoulos asked them how work was progressing on a new album. May said, "We went in the studio... to see what happens, 'cause we've already tested it pretty good on stage, and that works great... And we went in almost unprepared... and came up with some tracks, which I think are really great. They're very different, they're very unlike anything that we've done, or anything that Paul's done." Taylor added that the sessions "went spectacularly well."

May also said, "It's gonna be good, 'cause next time we go out (on tour), we won't just be nostalgia, we will be 'This is what we are.'"

Neither May nor Taylor said when a new album might be released, or when a tour might begin.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: