Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers  (Read 53741 times)
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2005, 12:16:08 PM »

Queenzone.com has loads of downloads for free. Also the DVD and album are out in September.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
SLCPUNK
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2005, 12:35:53 PM »

Queenzone.com has loads of downloads for free. Also the DVD and album are out in September.

Cool thanks.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »

It's always good heard news about Queen, I can't wait till september, but are they gonna play in LA or NY so I can plan a trip there?  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2005, 09:04:45 AM »

QUEEN will be the featured guests on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" airing Wednesday, October 12. The live show begins at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET, and fans are encouraged to call in with questions during the program at (800) 344-ROCK (7625). To find a station near you, check out www.rocklineradio.com.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2005, 02:49:24 PM »

It's always good heard news about Queen, I can't wait till september, but are they gonna play in LA or NY so I can plan a trip there?? Cheesy

They play the Hollywood Bowl and The Meadowlands, New Jersey in October I believe.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2005, 07:30:25 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The new album, "Return of the Champions", from QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS was recorded May 9 in Sheffield, England. In addition to the packed house, there was a special guest in attendance that night ? Jer Bulsara, who is the late Freddie Mercury's mother. QUEEN guitarist Brian May told Launch that Bulsara gave her approval to the RODGERS-QUEEN combo at the show. "Freddie's mum came down to the show we did in Sheffield, in the north of England, and she loved it," May said. "She was like, 'Yeah, yeah, you make us really proud.' (laughs) That was wonderful."

A "Return of the Champions" DVD will be released this fall.

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS hit Aruba for a show on October 8, then do their only U.S. shows this year on October 16 in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and October 22 in Los Angeles. The group will be back for a real North American tour next year.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2005, 07:48:48 PM »

Aruba Set List

Reaching Out
Tie Your Mother Down
Fat Bottom Girls
Another One Bites The Dust
Bad Company
Say Its Not True
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Feel Like Making Love
Drum Solo
I?m In Love With My Car
Guitar Solo
Last Horizon
Days Of Our Lives
Radio Ga Ga
Can?t Get Enough
Rock And Roll Fantasy
I Want It All
Bohemian Rhapsody
Show Must Go On
All Right Now
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

The Queen + Paul Rodgers 'Return Of The Champions' DVD will now be released on Monday October 31st.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2005, 03:31:22 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: North American fans have been waiting all year to see QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS, and their patience will be rewarded on Sunday (October 16). That's when the group hits the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, for their first-ever show on this side of the Atlantic. Rodgers and QUEEN did a very successful European tour earlier this year, which was captured on the recent live album "Return of the Champions".

Even with all that's happened over the past year, there's still a bit of confusion about the role Rodgers is playing in the band. It probably wasn't helped a few weeks ago when the New York Times published a photo of the group with the caption "Paul Rodgers has replaced Freddie Mercury in QUEEN." Rodgers told Launch that no one could ever replace Mercury, who died in 1991, and that it's wrong to describe his situation that way. "I think it's more accurate to say that QUEEN and I are joining forces," he said. "It's come together on a musical level, because we just clicked when we played at the U.K. Music Hall Of Fame together as a unit."

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS will play the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles next Saturday (October 22) before moving on to dates in Japan. The group is planning an extensive North American tour for next year.

In addition to the live album, a "Return of the Champions" DVD is also on the way.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2005, 09:47:43 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sunday night (October 16), QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS played their first-ever U.S. show. A packed Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, saw Rodgers and QUEEN pull from both their catalogues during a show that lasted over two hours, including QUEEN standards "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We Will Rock You"/"We Are The Champions", and "Fat Bottomed Girls", along with Rodgers classics like BAD COMPANY's "Feel Like Makin' Love" and "Rock And Roll Fantasy" and FREE's "All Right Now". The band's only other U.S. show for this year is on Saturday (October 22) at The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, after which they play a series of dates in Japan, though there are rumors of a proper North American tour for next year.

Backstage after the concert, Rodgers told Launch that the show went great. "Well, it went remarkably well, actually," he said. "When we finished rehearsing, we sort of went, 'OK, we like it ? let's go and see if the people like it,' you know? So each area that we've gone into, we've gone into full-on, but wondering how we're gonna go down here, you know? And it's been just remarkable."

The show drew a cross-section of famous folks, including actor Tim Curry and rockers Billy Squier, ex-RAINBOW frontman Joe Lynn Turner, VANILLA FUDGE drummer Carmine Appice, TWISTED SISTER guitarist Eddie Ojeda, and DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott, who's an old friend of the QUEEN guys. Elliott exclusively gave Launch this review of the concert: "I loved it. This is the second time I've seen this tour ? I saw them in Dublin, just before we started the baseball stadium tour this summer, and I thought it was phenomenal. And tonight, seeing 'em in front of this many people is just a beautiful thing. I'm so glad they're still doing it."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2005, 09:31:41 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) joined QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS on stage at the Hollywood Bowl Saturday night (Oct. 22) for a rendition of the BAD COMPANY classic "Can't Get Enough".

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS have six dates scheduled in Japan in late October/early November, including a two-night stint (Oct. 26-27) at the 25,000-capacity Saitama Arena in Tokyo. The group are planning an extensive North American tour for next year.

QUEEN did a very successful European tour earlier this year, which was captured on the recent live album "Return of the Champions".

In addition to the live album, a "Return of the Champions" DVD is also on the way.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »

Hollywood Bowl Set List

Reaching Out
Tie Your Mother Down
Fat Bottom Girls
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Bad Company
Say Its Not True
'39
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Feel Like Making Love
Drum Solo
I?m In Love With My Car
Guitar Solo
Last Horizon
These Are The Days Of Our Lives
Radio Ga Ga
Can?t Get Enough (Featuring Slash)
Rock And Roll Fantasy
I Want It All
Bohemian Rhapsody
---
The Show Must Go On
All Right Now
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2005, 10:17:54 AM »

Rodgers Isn't Trying To Be Mercury

Queen drummer Roger Taylor has defended the inclusion of former Free vocalist Paul Rodgers in the band's line up. The group are currently touring in support of new CD 'Return Of The Champions', and Taylor says that Rodgers' vocals have added something to the Queen sound without taking anything away from late frontman Freddie Mercury.

He told VH1: "I think that Paul's vocals have added to our sound. In a way, they've given us more. We did actually come from the blues, although might not sound like that all the time...He's added that blues edge to this big world of sound that Brian and I kick up with our other guys. He's Paul Rodgers, he's not trying to be Freddie Mercury, and I wish people would just understand that we're not doing this to cash in on anything. We're not going out there with somebody pretending to be Freddie Mercury. You know what's the point of that? Paul is great to come back with. He's one of our all-time favourites. Certainly one of Freddie's favourite singers ever. And we used to listen to him before we ever made a record."

Paul Rodgers said, on his role with the band: ''I love to take a song and grip it from somewhere way down here and deliver it back to people. Queen actually have a lot of songs that I can relate to on that level. Strangely enough, 'I Want To Break Free' is one of those. Because to me, I feel most of us have something that we want to break free from. A relationship, a job. The place you live, whatever it might be. And so it has meaning on lots of levels. And there's another song that I really am particularly fond of that we do live called 'The Show Must Go On.' That's something that Queen themselves only experienced in the studio. And, so we have the opportunity, it's like virgin territory when we go out and play that live onstage.''

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2005, 10:19:17 AM »

Saitama Super Arena-26/10/05

Reaching Out
Tie Your Mother Down
Fat Bottomed Girls
Bad Company
Say Its Not True
Love Of My Life
Teo Torriate
Hammer To Fall
Feel Like Making Love
Drum Solo
I?m In Love With My Car
Guitar Solo
Last Horizon
Radio Ga Ga
Can?t Get Enough
Wishing Well
I Want It All
Bohemian Rhapsody
---
I Was Born To Love You
The Show Must Go On
All Right Now
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2005, 09:47:13 PM »

According to Ireland Online, QUEEN's flamboyant performance at Live Aid 20 years ago has been crowned the world's greatest rock gig.

The set came top of a poll voted for by a panel of over 60 artists, music journalists, broadcasters and music industry executives.

JIMI HENDRIX at Woodstock, the ultimate '60s event in August 18, 1969, came second.

THE SEX PISTOLS at Manchester Lesser Free Trade Hall on June 4 ,1976 came third.

BOB DYLAN at Manchester Free Trade Hall in May 17, 1966 came fourth followed by DAVID BOWIE at the Hammersmith Apollo on July 3, 1973.

BOB MARLEY gets sixth place with his One Love Peace Concert on April 22, 1978 in Kingston, Jamaica.

The QUEEN gig was described by judges as a "show-stealing performance" which took place in front of 1.5 billion television viewers worldwide.

The countdown is broadcast in a one-hour TV special, "The World's Greatest Gigs", at 11:05 p.m. tomorrow on the U.K.'s Channel 4.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2005, 04:03:59 PM »

Some of rock's greatest anthems are to be heard performed live again across America after more than 20 years, as rock legends QUEEN, now joined forces with Paul Rodgers, singer and songwriter of BAD COMPANY/FREE fame, announce they are to play a 23-date tour of the USA and Canada this coming spring.

The tour announcement comes only a matter of weeks after QUEEN and Rodgers ignited sold out box office and strong media attention with two showcase performances at Meadowlands, NJ, and the Hollywood Bowl on a stop-off along the way to their recent sold out Japanese tour.

Away from the North America concert circuit for more than two decades ? an enforced retirement brought on by the tragic loss of lead singer Freddie Mercury ? QUEEN with Rodgers will launch into their coast-to-coast tour Friday March 3 in Miami, Fl at the American Airlines Arena.

Spending six weeks on U.S. soil, the band will closely re-route it's triumphant '82 North American tour, bringing it back to the QUEEN heartlands: Washington, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, Portland, among other US cities, plus Canadian stops in Toronto and Vancouver, where the tour winds up on April 13, 2006.

Tickets for these much-anticipated shows go on sale earliest December 3 with on sales across the country at different dates up until December 17.

Tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster with a Special Presale starting November 30th at www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com, www.queenonline.com, or www.paulrodgers.com.

For the spring 2006 tour dates Brian May (guitar & vocals), Roger Taylor (drums & vocals) and Paul Rodgers (vocals, guitar & piano) are joined by Danny Miranda (ex-BLUE ?YSTER CULT) on bass, Jamie Moses (former BRIAN MAY band member) on second guitar, and Spike Edney (longtime QUEEN sideman) on keyboards. (QUEEN bassist John Deacon has retired from touring.)

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS North American tour 2006:

Mar. 03 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
Mar. 05 - Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Coliseum
Mar. 07 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinett Center
Mar. 09 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center
Mar. 10 - Worcester, MA @ DCU Center
Mar. 12 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
Mar. 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Spectrum
Mar. 16 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
Mar. 17 - Buffalo, NY @ HSBC Arena
Mar. 20 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
Mar. 21 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Mar. 23 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
Mar. 24 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace at Auburn Hills
Mar. 26 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
Mar. 27 - Milwaukee, WI @ Bradley Center
Mar. 31 - Glendale, AZ @ Glendale Arena
Apr. 01 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
Apr. 03 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
Apr. 05 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
Apr. 07 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden
Apr. 10 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
Apr. 11 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
Apr. 13 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2005, 09:50:58 AM »

Billboard.com is reporting that QUEEN guitarist Brian May took to his official web site earlier in the week to address some fan concerns about the price of tickets for the upcoming QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS shows, which top out at around $200.

"Well, I sympathize, guys, but I know our tickets are nowhere near as expensive as the STONES, or ELTON, or whatever (they COULD be!)," he wrote. "People are under no obligation to buy these things! We've made a decision to work indoors rather than outdoors, so that the fans get a better show. Most bands elect to go out and do the 'sheds' in the summer to make money. This is about doing the maximum show that is possible, in arenas, which are conducive to a show of the magnitude of ours. Of course the capacities are less this way, so ticket prices will be higher. But, sound-wise, view-wise and show-wise, I'll personally guarantee it will be worth it!"

The QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS six-week North American arena tour kicks off March 3 in Miami and runs through April 13 in Vancouver

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »

Miami Set List...Includes New Song!

Reaching Out
Tie Your Mother Down
Dragon Attack (1st Time Played as Q+PR)
Fat Bottomed Girls
Take Love (New Song!)
Say It's Not True
'39
Love Of My Life
Hammer To Fall
Feel Like Makin' Love
Drum Solo
I'm In Love With My Car
Guitar Solo
Last Horizon
Bad Company
Radio Ga Ga
Can't Get Enough
The Show Must Go On
Bohemian Rhapsody
-----
We Will Rock You
All Right Now
We Are The Champions

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Wow! tay played Dragon Attack!! thats great!  I'm gonna see them on April 03!  love

If the world would end today... Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:15 PM »

Wow! tay played Dragon Attack!! thats great!  I'm gonna see them on April 03!  love
I hate you!!  rant
Enjoy the show  Grin   ok

No man can be my equal
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »

Any word on these guys touring Australia anytime soon perhaps?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: