Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The death of Dimebag Darrell
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The death of Dimebag Darrell  (Read 80305 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2004, 03:53:46 PM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has confirmed that former PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo did NOT attend the the funeral of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott ? apparently because he was told that he was "not welcome" at any of the events honoring the late musician who was slain last week at a nightclub in Columbus, Ohio. Anselmo's former PANTERA/DOWN bandmate Rex Brown (bass) DID attend, as did a number of other high-profile musicians, such as Zakk Wylde, Eddie Van Halen, Jerry Cantrell, Mike Inez, Jim Root, Corey Taylor, Paul Gray, and Dino Cazares.Cantrell, Inez and DAMAGEPLAN singer Patrick Lachman reportedly performed acoustic versions of two ALICE IN CHAINS songs ("Brother" and "Got Me Wrong") at the funeral, while Eddie Van Halen gave a speech that included an impromptu playback of a phone message he had received from Abbott at some point before his death.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2004, 04:00:55 PM »

Anselmo and Abbott spent 15 years touring the world together in PANTERA.

PANTERA didn't achieve widespread success until Anselmo, a New Orleans native, joined about 1989. PANTERA sold more than 10 million albums, collected two Grammy nominations and inspired legions of aspiring hard rock bands. But by 2002, Anselmo, Darrell Abbott and his brother Vinnie Paul Abbott, the band's drummer, had become estranged as Anselmo devoted more time to other projects.

In 2003, they confirmed that PANTERA had disbanded, as the two camps exchanged accusations in the hard rock press. Anselmo was at home on the north shore last week when Abbott was killed. As Ozzy Osbourne, Paul Stanley of KISS, Brian May of QUEEN and other rock icons memorialized Abbott, a devastated Anselmo made no public comment until Tuesday.

Anselmo's statement says that "the heavy metal media destroyed PANTERA." He laments that he "never got a chance to say goodbye (to Abbott) in the right way and it kills me, and I'm so sorry."

Anselmo traveled to Dallas for Abbott's funeral. But he ended up not attending "to respect the (Abbott) family's wishes, and they do not want me there. I believe I belong there, but I understand completely."

"I wish his family the least grief they could ever have, and I know it's impossible. Just bless his family, bless his friends. I love him like a brother loves a brother. . . . I'm so sorry to his family and everyone else who was senselessly killed in Columbus, Ohio."

His statement hints at an uncertain professional future.

"This has changed the entire world, and this is the last you'll be seeing of me for a long time."

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2004, 04:29:27 PM »

Even thought Anselmo could be an idiot sometimes I don't know exactly what to think about him not being allowed at the memorial.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2004, 04:33:26 PM »

Can somebody explain me what the fuck hapened between Anselmo and Dimebag??What did they say to each other??

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2004, 04:48:36 PM »

Can somebody explain me what the fuck hapened between Anselmo and Dimebag??What did they say to each other??

They've been bashing each other in the media ever since Pantera broke up

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2004, 05:05:49 PM »

Yeah, that?s what I?ve read and I belive you, but an somebody transcribe some interview or a like that contains one bashing the other??

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2004, 06:40:45 PM »

They've been bashing each other in the media ever since Pantera broke up

Not entirely true, Phil has repeatedly said how highly he regarded Dimebag and i think a few comments have been exaggerated.

It's absurd for him to have been barred from the funeral - its also absurd for him to now go and disappear for ages.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2004, 07:13:25 PM »

It wasn't so much he was barred from the funneral..The Abott family just asked him if he could not show up..They had enough pressure and things to deal with already,with out Phil showing up..Im sure things were better this way..Im sure nothing would have happened but it dosent hurt to be safe..I mean Vinnie was already upset he didnt need the emotions of seeing Phil there and knowing whether to hug him or question him about his comments towards Darell..So it was better this way..Phil said he didnt mind

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2004, 07:46:42 PM »

Former BROKEN HOPE and current LUPARA guitarist Jeremy Wagner has issued the following statement in memory of late DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott:

"I first met Dimebag at Ozzfest 1997 at Alpine Valley Music Theater (East Troy, Wisconsin). I had stumbled into Phil Anselmo's backstage trailer with Kenny Hickey from TYPE O NEGATIVE and soon found myself among members of PANTERA, MARILYN MANSON, MACHINE HEAD, and others. I headed toward the restroom to piss, but found that the bathroom in the trailer was not exactly 'safe' as Dimebag Darrell had fed about 100 feet of water hose through a window and had a lawn-sprinkler going on full-blast in the bathroom, thus turning it into a waterpark. Dimebag stood next to the bathroom door, grinning and daring me to go in. I declined, and turned to find another restroom. But before I could leave, Dimebag grabbed me and said something like, 'You busy? No? Good, gimme a hand.'

"Dimebag slapped a stack of red plastic-cups in my hands and instructed me to line them up in a row on a deli table. Once I had about a dozen cups lined up, Dimebag took out a bottle of Crown Royal and proceeded to pour it back and forth over the cups until the bottle was empty. Dimebag handed me a cup, we toasted, and after sucking down the Crown, Dime distributed his 'Dimebag Cocktails' to all the guests in the trailer.

"I have the moment caught in an attached photograph from my old camera. From left to right is: Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE), Logan Mader (ex-MACHINE HEAD), myself (barely visible behind Dimebag's hair), and of course Dimebag Darrell. *Note the red cups in Johnny and Logan's hands ? cocktails compliments of Dimebag ? as well as the door to the 'raining' bathroom behind.

"I had always heard that Dimebag created 'Happy Hour' everywhere he went. It's true. I've seen PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN many times since that memorable and drunken day at Ozzfest, but I'll never forget that Ozzfest when I met a true legend/guitar-god: Dimebag Darrell. Those of us who ever saw him play or anyone who met him are truly blessed. Dimebag Darrell was the Ronnie Van Zant of the modern, metal generation. My friends, bandmates, and myself extend our deepest sympathies to Vinnie, the Abbott family, and to all the other people hurt and killed in this unthinkable, and absolutely senseless act. Rest in peace, Dimebag Darrell. We ALL love you, miss you and we will NEVER forget you!!"

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2004, 12:38:07 PM »

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- As a slain guitarist's fans gathered in Texas to honor their favorite performer, a mother mourned in private in Ohio, knowing that her son is responsible for four deaths, NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth reported.

Thousands of people turned out for a memorial Tuesday for "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who was shot and killed Dec. 8 along with three other people at his band Damageplan's concert at Alrosa Villa in Columbus. Nathan Gale committed the murders, and was killed himself by a policeman during the incident.

Meanwhile, funeral plans and the burial site of Gale, 25, of Marysville, are shrouded in secrecy.

Gale's mother, Mary Clark, spoke exclusively Wednesday with NBC 4 about her son and the incident that unfolded last week.

The one thing Clark repeated over and over was her apology to the victims and the families left behind, Hollingsworth reported.

Clark said Gale lives in her memory as a beloved son.

"We were pretty close," Clark said.

Clark confirmed to NBC 4 that her son suffered from a mental illness. She said he was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic last year when he was sent home from the Marine Corps on an early medical discharge.

"And I still didn't understand the whole thing, but he came home with his medications, and I don't know if he took them or not," Clark said.

Gale hardly talked with his mother about the diagnosis after that, Hollingsworth reported.

"I don't know if he was afraid to, or ... ashamed to, or ... didn't believe it himself," Clark said.

Clark said her son's fixation on the band Pantera peaked about eight years ago when he was in high school.

"He had it in his head that those were his lyrics," Clark said of Pantera's music. "And nobody was going to change his mind."

Clark said she told her son it was nonsense. She said he had not brought up the band to her in the years since.

Clark said that while Gale was fixated on Pantera in high school, Clark thought that problem stemmed from some drug issues, which she believed her son had since worked through.

"It seemed like he ... he put it out of his mind," Clark said. "It seemed like, OK, everything was better."

It was only with last week's shooting that Clark realized everything was not better, Hollingsworth reported.

"Maybe I wasn't looking for it," Clark said. "Maybe I wasn't in tune, you know? I should have been looking for signs, and I didn't."

But to Officer James Niggemeyer, who she says had no choice but to shoot and kill her son, she said thanks.

"I commend that man for saving the lives of others," Clark said.

Perhaps the greatest weight on Clark's heart and mind is what she knows about the handgun her son used in the shooting, Hollingsworth reported.

"When he came home for Christmas the year he was in the service, I was so proud of that man for cleaning up his life the way he did," Clark said. "And I bought him that gun. I'll never, never be able to live that part down."

Clark said Gale's mental health diagnosis came after the gun purchase.

Clark believed giving her son the gun was OK because he was a Marine and because he wanted to have a nice sidearm. She said she did not think he ever carried it.

Clark said she never saw any dangerous side to her son that might have made her try to get the gun back.

Clark has spent the past week searching for answers about why her son would kill, Hollingsworth reported.

"I have such remorse for those families, and I am so sorry that they are losing their loved ones," Clark said. "Their sons, brothers, fathers."

The only beginnings of answers Clark said she can offer come from notebooks she found in her son's apartment this week.

In one, Gale wrote that two things got him to where he is. One was that he "could not see [his] own thoughts".

"And the other is, 'Growing up not knowing my own thoughts,' " Clark said. "This is what I think paranoid schizophrenia really is."

Clark said she continues to struggle with what happened, and wonders what more she could have done.

"You don't know until you're there," she said. "Until somebody's sitting here, with their son, doing something so horrific. They'll never know."

Feel sorry for this guys mum.  Firstly she was the one who bought him the murder weapon, even if it was before he was diagnosed with this illness she probably thinks she should of kept a closer eye on him, she is going to have to live with feeling responsible for all these deaths.  I am not surprised either that the funeral is taking place in an undisclosed location, cos you just know if it was public knowledge, the grave would be wrecked and maybe even the actual funeral and at the end of the day the only person that will upset will be the guys mother and other family who don't deserve this crap just cos her son was a tad crazy....ain't her fault.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2004, 04:31:29 PM »

Thoughts and tributes to DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott continue to come in from a stunned musical community following his tragic death last week at a Columbus nightclub. JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton, in New York to promote the band's upcoming new album, shared his thoughts on last week's murder of Abbott:

"We were, like everybody else, stunned," Glenn told Launch Radio Networks. "I still can't believe it. I mean, he was a great friend, we'd gone back a long way, every time we did Texas we used to hook up with him and go and have a beer with him. He was a great guy and a great guitar player, you know, and he'll be sadly missed. It's just tragic, it's awful, and I'm still in shock by it."

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2004, 04:56:23 PM »

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3420
The Story of 2 Roadies at the incident
Here is their story of those terrible few minutes that have changed their lives forever and taken a close friend from them in the same instant. As Jon emotionally told me, "It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life."

Both Jon and Tubbs said that the afternoon could not have gone any better. The band and their crew were extremely professional and friendly. Jon remembers Jeff "Mayhem" Thompson (the head of the band's security) making sure the local crew all had plenty of water and Dimebag Darrell Abbott even made small talk with some of them during the sound check. "They were all incredible," said Jon. During the day however, a strange man made a nuisance of himself, and was finally told to leave the area by "Mayhem." Hangers-on and Want-ta-bees are common in the music business, and no one figured this guy was really dangerous. This of course turned out to be Nathan Gale, who as we know now ended up shooting six people, and killing four of them later that day. Other than that apparently minor incident, the set-up for the show went remarkably smooth. Tubbs now also remembers that just prior to the show Gale's van was parked behind the band's tour bus, and they announced over the PA several times for the owner to have it moved or it would be towed...which the Gale reportedly did shortly before Damageplan took the stage.

As the gig was about to start, Jon was on the stage with his roommate and close friend Erin "Stoney" Halk. On the opposite side of the stage stood Jeffrey 'Mayhem' Thompson performing his security duties by scanning the audience for any potential threats to the band. About that time (just a few minutes prior to the band entering the stage) Jon was thirsty, and decided to walk to the bar and get a bottle of water. He told "Stoney" that "the stage is yours" meaning that the responsibility for the security on that side of the stage (stage right) was now his. Stoney motioned a "thumbs up" to verify that he understood. Jon worked his way through the crowd and was near the bar when he heard the first shots. POP, POP, POP... He looked up and saw the horrific sight of Dimebag falling to the ground and the mass confusion unfolding on the stage. His most vivid memory of that moment strangely, is the ear-splitting feedback caused by Dimebag falling on his own guitar. During the next few panic filled minutes he grabbed and pushed people towards the closest door. In a blur of time he eventually ended up making his way towards the stage, grabbing Vinnie Paul Abbott (drummer for Damageplan and the brother of the now slain guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell) and ushered him to safety.

Tubbs was stage left and watched the entire surreal event unfold just a few feet in front of him. He says he was probably the last person to talk to Dimebag, having said something to him as he entered the stage. As the monitor guy for this gig, his mixing console was only about 5 or 6 feet away from the lead guitarist. According to Tubbs, the shooter (Nathan Gale) entered the stage from the stage right area (not from the audience as previously reported) As Gale determinedly ran towards Dimebag, the stage right roadie "Stoney" ran after him. "Mayhem" saw Gale and converged on him from stage left. Neither one got to center stage fast enough. Gale fired at least five bullets at point blank range into the doomed artist's body. The final bullet was a fatal head shot fired as he went down. "He was dead before he hit the stage," says Tubbs. "The way the attack happened, nothing could have saved him... nothing," He also remembers the feedback (a droning hum at about 600 Hz, notes the trained ear of the audio tech.)

The next few minutes were confused, but this is what else Tubbs remembers.

As Dimebag hit the floor, the shooter now turned his attention to Tubbs (still only about five feet away). Gale raised the gun and aimed it at Tubbs who was now literally looking down the barrel of the gun. However, before he could shoot Tubbs, the two Roadies ("Stoney" and "Mayhem") tackled Gale from opposite sides. Neither one had a weapon, and both were putting their own lives at risk to try to stop the shooter from killing anyone else. Erin "Stoney" Halk was an ex-Marine and Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson was a massive 6'1'' man and a very scary looking dude, so I'm sure they both thought they had a better than even chance to disarm the gunman. They were wrong. We now know that Nathan Gale was also a trained ex-Marine and he dropped his first empty clip and slapped another one in the semi-automatic 9 mm pistol in the blink of an eye. He killed both of these heroes within seconds of his first victim. Gale had at least five clips of bullets and he reloaded at least once, but probably twice, says Tubbs. As "Stoney" and "Mayhem" died making the ultimate sacrifice, two more roadies and several members of the audience also rose to the occasion and stormed the stage. Chris Paluska (the Damageplan Tour Manager) took a shot to the stomach, and is still in serious condition in a local hospital (according to the most recent report). John "Kat" Brooks (the band's drum roadie) also took a hit (but thankfully has now been released from the hospital). According to Tubbs, both were definitely trying to subdue Gale. About the same time several members of the audience climbed the crowd barrier protecting the stage, and some tried to help "Dimebag" with CPR while others made their own attempts to subdue the shooter. (MORE HEROES). Tubbs believes that Nathen Bray (the only "civilian" casualty) was actually killed because he was one of those fans that climbed the stage. Tubbs does not believe that any shots were directed at the fleeing audience at any time (again contrary to published media reports). While all these failed attempts of these unarmed heroes attacking an armed gunman were happening, both Tubbs and Jon noticed several police officers quietly entering the club. Most of them took defensive positions, apparently waiting for more back up. Directly disputing published police reports they both claim that the officer that eventually killed Gale was NOT the first officer on the scene. He appeared however to be the first officer that decided to do something about the situation. Seeing that Gale had a hostage and that he was temporarily distracted by the waves of roadies and fans trying to disarm him, the officer shot the perpetrator from behind with a shotgun blast killing him instantly. With that shot, the hostage was released, and the carnage finally ended. The entire incident lasted only a few minutes.

There are reports that there may be some home video of the event. Tubbs seriously doubts that. Any camcorder would have been "smuggled" into the venue since cameras were forbidden per the terms of the band's contract. Any available video images would probably come from low quality camera cell phones and would probably only be still photos. None have surfaced as of this writing, but the police may have any existing images impounded as evidence.

As you can see there is more to this story than has generally been reported. According to Jon and Tubbs there were AT LEAST SIX and possibly more TRUE HEROES that night at the Alrosa Villa club. Certainly the police officers risked their lives and deserve our thanks and accolades. Officer James D. Niggemeyer probably saved many lives by taking the intuitive and ending the bloodshed and should be duly honored for his heroics. So too should we honor Erin "Stoney" Halk (who Tubbs emotionally credits with saving his own life), Jeffrey "Mayhem" Thompson, Nathen Bray, Chris Paluska, and John "Kat" Brooks. Heroes all. Four Roadies and a Fan that disregarded their own safety to protect others. The surviving band members and the 250+ members of the audience may in fact owe their very lives to these heroes. I know Tubbs believes he does.

Tubbs and Jon are both having a hard time dealing with the memories of that night, and they both want to remain out of the public eye. I hope that everyone respects their wishes. They both felt however that a corrected version of this event was important and should be told so that the dead and wounded can be properly honored as heroes... hence this article.

They wanted me to tell everyone that both of them, as well as the entire Alrosa crew, the local Columbus stagehands, the Alrosa club owner and employees, and the family of Erin Halk all deeply appreciate the prayers, the condolences, and the outpouring of love that has been expressed this week in response to this senseless act. They would like everyone to continue to pray for the survivors, the victims, and the victim's families (including the family of Nathan Gale).

Finally I asked Jon and Tubbs if they would stay in the entertainment business after this traumatic experience.

Without hesitation they both said... "Hell yes!"

This shows how many other heroes were involved in the incident and how much worse it could of been, it also questions the speed of the police officers, the article makes it sound like they definately took their time and were in no rush, those 2 roadies though and the fan were extremely brave in putting their lives on the line and it is a tragedy that they died also, but as it says but for the intervension of those people distracting the killer the opportunity for the police officer to shoot him when he did may not have come about.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2004, 05:15:54 PM »

Yeah, that?s what I?ve read and I belive you, but an somebody transcribe some interview or a like that contains one bashing the other??

Baby Slash//

Anselmo: Metal Hammer Xmas 2004

"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.

"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a fuckin' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapor ? his chin would, at least, if I fuckin' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.

But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing? Really, I just let him prattle on. I grew very tired of it very quickly, and whenever it came up, like it has come up today, I just chose to wish them the best of luck. And in all honesty I really wish that they would be men, which is very hard for them, figuring that they were living in their mother's house until they're 30 years old. In comparison, I was on the street by choice at the age of 15, living anywhere I could ? but living, and successfully living, through my will."

On what it was that caused his friendship with Dimebag Darrell to turn sour:

"I think that there's a lot inside of Darrell? from what I've seen of Dimebag in the past, he had some great tragedy in his family, and of course that's Vinnie's family as well. I don't think that they were ever given or ever allowed time to really heal from that. The anger and the hatred and the drunken nights of just screaming in my face, with me sitting there taking it and holding both of my hands just to not hit the guy? I grew weary of that. I was sick of being his whipping post, y'know, and I just politely, or unpolitely, excused myself.

"I think I proved clearly to everybody what I was in PANTERA! And what I was was a unique, unbelievably magnetic frontman that had not been around since the days of Robert Plant and Ozzy Osbourne. I am one in a million. . . I have staying power! I have a devoted following that would do anything for me! Anything that I say. And there's not many people that can say that, that are in my position.

"As far as their product that they put out [referring to DAMAGEPLAN ? Ed.], our product that they put out, it was obvious that I was very much involved with arranging the songs, I was very much involved with the integrity of the songs. . . The integrity and the moulding of the songs, the creating, the putting together of the song. Y'know, it was my job to do the sequencing for the record, it was my job to lyrically stun the audience. And I think they failed on every account. And the world speaks for it."

"When you see a group of guys that are not hungry any more? Honestly, between me and the world now, in my heart of hearts I believe it hurt them more not to receive the money that they were going to get ? that we were all going to get ? for putting out that record, than me leaving the band. They always feared me. They always were different than me. They always had their circle of friends and I had my circle of friends. Their jealousy level was incredible! Y'know, anyone that was close to me outside the band would be treated like fucking serfs or servants by the Abbott brothers. And y'know, that never? that never? never worked very well for me."

On Dimebag's implication in interviews that Anselmo has returned to heroin:

"What a stupid man. What a shallow, stupid man. How would he know what I do? And by the way, I've been fucking bone-sober for three and a half years now. Anybody who has seen me on stage, anybody who has seen the shape of my body and the size of my arms, and the fucking burning desire in my eyes, knows that I am fuckin'? I drink four beers and I have a buzz now. Gimme a break. I couldn't even say that in my twenties."

On the possibility of a PANTERA reunion:

"It would take a lot of soul-searching. It would take a lot of negotiation. And we'll see. In the end, it's what's most important to the fans.

"That's the last time I'm ever ? you can put this in your article ? this is the last time I am ever talking about PANTERA."

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 05:19:13 PM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2004, 11:37:59 AM »

Thank you very much.This has helped me to kind of understand what was going on.Now, what a way to talk shit about someone!!wether he was laying or not, that was pretty strong.Oh , and about the "there hasnt been someone like me since Ozzy or Rober Plant", he has a REALLY BIG
self-estime.

Now about hte article posted by Stoned.I think this was what I really needed.All the things about Dimebag ?death seemed so surreal, but with this article now I seem to have a pretty clear imge of what hapened.AND IT?S FUCKING SAD.No one there deserved to die, neither the roadis nor the fan nor Dimebag......

Baby Slash//

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2004, 11:33:37 AM »

Nathans Gale mother has gone on record of saying that she gave him the gun he shot Dimebag with as a gift coming back from the marines.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2004, 11:47:40 AM »

Nathans Gale mother has gone on record of saying that she gave him the gun he shot Dimebag with as a gift coming back from the marines.

Nice gift for someone who got kicked out of the marines before completing his service because he was a paranoid schitzophrenic...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2004, 12:30:38 PM »

It's absurd for him to have been barred from the funeral - its also absurd for him to now go and disappear for ages.

Why is it absurd to disappear?  I thought all the best frontmen did that!  And I'm sure the family of DD had good reason to not invite him to the funeral, believe it or not there may be personal issues that didn't get ito the media.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2004, 09:13:47 PM »

Rumors are continuing to run rampant that Nathan Gale might have tried to assault "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott once before prior to the shooting incident at a Columbus, Ohio nightclub that claimed the lives of the guitarist and four others.

On Dec. 11 ? three days after Dimebag's death ? BLABBERMOUTH.NET ran the following report from a web site visitor:

"The information I have concerning the incident in the Columbus nightclub was that a friend of mine went to see DAMAGEPLAN in Cincinnati over the summer. He said there was a large man there that jumped on stage right after Dimebag came out, and the man tried to assault him. But he was stopped by security.

"After I heard what happened Wednesday night, I wondered if this was the same man in Columbus, because he was also described as a large man.

"My friend is now on active duty so I was not able to ask him about it. I did call the Columbus Police [Department] and they told me a couple people had called them already and told them what had happened in Cincinnati.

"[This information] may not be much, but maybe if security had been better, this guy might not have been able to get on stage two times in a row, if in fact this was the same man both times, and all this might have been prevented."

Seemingly corroborating the above story is the following message we received earlier today from another BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor:

"I attended the HATEBREED show on December 20th at Bogarts in Cincinnati. I originally was going to see this show at the Alrosa Villa on the 21st, but it was canceled for obvious reasons. Well as I was going in, there were two security guards patting people down, and the one that was NOT patting me down said something that caught my attention. He was talking with another employee about the shooting and I CLEARLY heard him say that it was, in fact, Nathan Gale that had tried to get on the stage right after DAMAGEPLAN had got on at Bogart's during the Headbangers Ball Tour with HATEBREED and DAMAGEPLAN. He remembered for sure that it was Gale because he was one of the guards present when Gale tried to get onstage. So, yes the rumor that was previously reported on [BLABBERMOUTH.NET] is, in fact, true.

"On another note, HATEBREED performed 'Last Breath' and dedicated it to Dimebag, and Jamey [Jasta, HATEBREED frontman] was almost in tears the whole song."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2004, 08:33:32 AM »

On February 23, 2005, DISTURBED will be putting on a benefit concert for the Dimebag Darrell Memorial Fund. The venue of choice is the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, IL. Details regarding guest performances, ticket pricing and on-sale dates will be available shortly.

For more information regarding the Dimebag Darrell Memorial Fund, visit www.damageplan.com.

DISTURBED are continuing to write material for their third album, tentatively due next year. The upcoming CD will mark the group's first release with new bassist John Moyer (ex-THE UNION UNDERGROUND), who joined the band in April following the band's split with Steve "Fuzz" Kmak due to "personality conflicts." Songtitles expected to appear on the new album include "Hell" and "Monster".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2004, 08:47:23 PM »

This is a video posted online by Philip Anelsmo talking about Dimebag's Death...If not you can find it over at Blabbermouth  2004-12-28_anselmo_hi

« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 08:50:32 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: