Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The death of Dimebag Darrell
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The death of Dimebag Darrell  (Read 80151 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2004, 06:25:25 PM »

no
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2004, 06:29:30 PM »

This is Nathan Gale the murderer.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2004, 07:15:27 PM »

To Dimes.

Man thanks for the best metal tunes over the last 20 years you are the king of thrash metal guitar and you will be greatley missed.

We Love you Dimes. ROCK IN PEACE

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2004, 07:25:48 PM »

I am in complete shock. Yesterday I was overjoyed because VR announced their Oz tour dates, and today I hear about this.

I am deeply saddened by this news.

RIP Dime, thanks for all the great music, you'll be sorely missed. Sad

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2004, 07:27:38 PM »

I just read a few minutes ago that it was a joke, I'll try to find the original source.

Edit: I found this on a Dutch website, don't know if it's true.

Ok, ok, the joke went a little too far. We did all this just to see who our true fans were, and I think we can now say we have some pretty loyal fans, and some pretty scummy people on this earth. Dime Bag isn't dead, no-one got hurt. It was a publicity stunt (which worked fairly well I must add) Please no harsh feelings against the band, or against the fans. Dime bag is going to be on MTV's breaking news at 7:00 this morning letting everyone in on the incident. Please don't panic, but please, keep spreading the rumors and gossip, we need this thing to get so completely huge that everyone out there will hear the name "Damage Plan"

-Eric Moxey
VP of Promotions Elektra/Atlantic

This is absolutely retarted..This guy has absolutely NO respect..This is just distasteful

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2004, 07:44:52 PM »

I guess there?s nothing new or original I can say...This is extremely weird, I?m about to cry, I?m not the biggest Pantera fan but they have been on my mind and ears since what? 95 I guess....man, just this week for some reason I thought of Dimebag. The shooter was an insane motherfucker. Anyway, Dimebag rest in peace.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Metallica Man
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2004, 07:50:14 PM »

I hope no one minds that I have created a post to mourn the loss of a man like Dimebag Darrell. The uselessness of this tragedy is so mind boggling, he will be remembered forever... RIP
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2004, 08:42:37 PM »

Dimebag was an awesome guitarist man!! This really fucking shitty news to wake up to. I saw Pantera 2 times (Detroit for the 101 proof tour, and in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada for the Reinventing the Steel tour) I have never seen a better guitarist.

I mourn his death.? Cry

RIP Dime

You will be sorely missed.

"You left me Incomplete, all alone, but the memory still remains."
Cemetery Gates, "Pantera" from the album "Cowboys from Hell"

I also was at the Hamilton gig.....I went to that and Damageplan twice this year in Toronto....The last Toronto gig was a week ago Wednesday.
It is a very sad thing when someone can get into a concert with a gun.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2004, 08:46:11 PM »

QUIET RIOT's Frankie Banali: "This is so wrong. Darrel was one of the nicest people in music and a great guitarist. He was always great to me each time we saw each other, as was Vinnie. Such a waste and so disturbing. My thoughts and prayers are with Darrel and my sincerest sympathy to Darrel's family, loved ones and all of his fans and the fans of PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN. No one deserves a violent death, and certainly not Darrel. God bless him."

Ozzy Osbourne: "I'm absolutely beside myself with grief. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would do this.

Atlantic Records has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:

"We are shocked and saddened by last night's horrible and senseless shootings. This is a tragic day for the music community, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, and the surviving members of DAMAGEPLAN and their crew. Dimebag Darrell was an exceptional musician and an extraordinary person. Along with his brother and bandmate, Vinnie Paul, he was a member of the Elektra/Atlantic family for the past 14 years, and he will be deeply missed. The bravery displayed by DAMAGEPLAN, their crew, their fans, and the local police will never be forgotten."

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:

"This is unbelievable. To sit here and talk about Darrell in the past tense seems so wrong, so unfair, so unjust, I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to Vinnie, to their families, to the other band members, and to the families and friends of the other people that were killed or injured, in this fucking senseless act of selfishness and stupidity.

"In 1985 I was fortunate enough to meet both Darrell and his brother in Dallas on tour. The first thing me and my friend did as soon as that tour was over, was to head straight back to Dallas and hang out with Darrell and Vinnie for a long time, cuz they were the coolest mutherfuckers that we had met after criss-crossing the states for three months. That was the beginning of a friendship that was anchored in love, respect, fun, outrageousness, music, booze, sweat, late nights, early mornings, hangovers, headaches, pounding eardrums, sore bodies... the list goes on.

"There's a tendency in these fucked up moments to use the word 'I' a lot and focus on one's own feelings of pity and shock... so instead let it just be known that thru these eyes Darrell was incredibly warm, open, fun, nutty, forthcoming, talented, embracing, unpretentious, accommodating and he always had a very attractive innocence about him that obviously made him never threatening and always welcoming.

"Darrell and his brother were the cornerstone of musical adventures that were always groundbreaking, pushing boundaries, challenging to themselves and to their fans, respected by their peers and always true musicians' musicians, and today the rock world is worse off because of this untimely and senseless waste.

"Much love and respect and thanks for letting me be a small part of your life and I know you are already having fun and throwing it down with Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi, Cliff B., and the rest of the musicians and troublemakers that you are hanging with so prematurely."

The gunman who fatally shot four people ? including DAMAGEPLAN (and former PANTERA) guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott ? at Columbus, Ohio's Alrosa Villa nightclub Wednesday night alarmed the club's workers before the gig, according to RollingStone.com. "He was hanging around trying to get in," manager Rick Cantella said. "We told him . . . that he had to pay to get in like anyone else. One of my loaders told him to leave . . . He was hanging around trying to talk to the members of the band, and he was shooed away." Just before the show, Nathan Gale, 25, jumped an eight-foot fence to get inside, and headed straight for the stage. "There were guys chasing him as soon as he got in," explained Cantella, "not because [they saw] he had a gun, but because he jumped this fence and didn't pay."

During the gunfire, a local nurse in the audience, twenty-eight-year-old Mindy Reece, stepped in to aid Abbott. "The one thing that stands out in my mind was I could see Vinnie [Paul] stand up from behind the drums and look down...He had this look on his face like, 'Oh my fucking God.'" said Reece, a PANTERA fan since the age of thirteen. With the help of another audience member, she performed CPR on Abbott for several minutes until the paramedics arrived. "I kept saying, 'Dimebag, come on, come on please, stay with me,'" she recalls. "It was bad . . . There was blood on the floor."

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2004, 09:07:33 PM »

i dont know how true this is but i heard that just before gale started unloading into dime he said "Your the reason PanterA broke up"

Im still in shock about this and i think I will be for quite a while. PanterA played a big part in my life and Dime was the dude that i admired the most. Even though he was the guitarist he was still the frontman of the best metal band of all time.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2004, 09:15:57 PM »

Its apparent that Just before Nathan Gale began unloading into Dimebag He shouted at him "Your the reason PanterA broke up"

If this is true do you think that this will cause more shit between Vince Paul and Phil Anselmno?

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2004, 09:21:45 PM »

Sad news to hear about the tragic death of Dimebagg. He was one of my favourite guitarists. GNr and VR fans please say nice things about the man here if you like.. RIP dime, youll be missed Sad

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2004, 09:27:58 PM »

I dought it..If this is true its just sad that people can die over Pantera breaking up..This guy is a fucking idiot and jsut crushed any chance they ever had of getting back together..

LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:

"Last night was the 9/11 for metal to me and the metal community. Not only did PANTERA inspire me to have the courage to express myself they were also one of my main motivations to form LIMP BIZKIT. I am sad beyond comprehension. I mourn for the loved ones of dimebag and the others murdered. a living legend has been taken from us. life has permanantly changed for me as of last night. I believe everything happens for a reason and in no way do I understand the reason for this. I will be forever in his debt. RIP Dimebag."

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2004, 09:31:17 PM »

Dimes was an absolute legend and he will never be be forgoton.

But He is now up in hevan forming a super group with Bon, Jimi, John B, Cliff and the rest of the Rock N' Roll warriors that the music world has lost over the years.

We love you man ROCK IN PEACE

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
MCT
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2004, 10:05:22 PM »

What can I fucking say? Sad, just sad..................... no

...requiescat in pace...
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2004, 10:19:34 PM »

Cry

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Gordi
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2004, 10:33:25 PM »

A sad day, a fucking sad day. RIP  Cry
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2004, 10:38:20 PM »

R.I.P.    Sad

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2004, 10:40:31 PM »

I can't believe that actually happened.  It just doesn't seem real.  My heart goes out to his family and friends.  Can't imagine what they're going through.
  Vulger Display of Poweris one of my all time favorite albums.  It got me through some rough times in high school.  Dimebag was just flat out awesome.  He will be forever missed.

RIP Darrell. Cry

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2004, 12:15:14 AM »

I just can't believe this is happening this is the biggest death in metal since Randy Rhodes. Awesome player what can I say he got me into metal just like GNR got me into rock my heart goes to damageplan Vinnie in particular and all of the family and friends. Pantera fans and damageplan fans my prayers go out to all of you mysrlf included.

RIP Dimebag
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: