Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The death of Dimebag Darrell
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The death of Dimebag Darrell  (Read 76405 times)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2004, 12:24:58 AM »

Its apparent that Just before Nathan Gale began unloading into Dimebag He shouted at him "Your the reason PanterA broke up"

If this is true do you think that this will cause more shit between Vince Paul and Phil Anselmno?

I heard that on Stern this morning. Some guy called in claming to have been there watching the show. I think the dude was legit because he seemed to know a lot even before all the news was in.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2004, 12:40:25 AM »

I just ask ......Why??

Hours have passed by, but im still in shock, i refuse to admit it.....I grew up listening to Pantera, they were part of my life. Cry

If the world would end today... Wink
davo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2004, 05:28:49 AM »

this is fucking sad  no  I am a huge pantera fan !!   how can this fucking happen !!   only in fucking america !!   He was one of the great guitarists of our time, better than slash.  Well atleast he went out in a bang.   Get it??     sorry that isnt supposed to be funny  no
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2004, 06:59:22 AM »

why this thread is in this section?

edit. okay..moved to the right section..like I care but still..  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:41:08 AM by John Daniels » Logged
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2004, 07:59:31 AM »

I?ve been listening to Pantera since I woke up today..can?t believe it still, whenever I remember he?s dead I just feel bad, how can you kill someone that way? I guess as a musician you don?t really expect something like this to happen.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

If theres anything positive about this is that at least Dimebag i would think died happy..This reminds me of dale earnhardt's death..He was doing what he loved at the time of his death (Racing)..So i would at least hope Dimebag died happy..Up there on stage playing his guitar like only he can..With his brother behind him....We Love you man..Take care up there with Randy,Keith and all the other greats love

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2004, 09:35:12 AM »

SUPERJOINT RITUAL bassist Hank Williams III has posted the following message regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:
"It just ain't fuckin right... Alcohol should have killed Dime, not a fuckin piece of shit worthless fuck with a gun trying to recreate the John Lennon's killing... This happened on the same day, if you didnt know... Dime will never die EVER!!! His style of guitar playing took metal to a whole new chapter in metal history.
"For those of us that were lucky enough to be around Dime as a person... or see him jam in no matter what band it was, you know he liked to have a good time... In his honor, crank up his fuckin music and get motherfuckin wasted on whiskey!!!!!!!
"And no matter what was said with all the shit talking between SUPERJOINT RITUAL and DAMAGEPLAN, that's all it was, nothing but talk!! If we had ever been in the same room together as both bands, it would have been cool? Kinda like seeing 'ole family....
"I'm sure there will be plenty of new rumors surfacing.....And fingers pointing at people to blame... But Philip [Anselmo, ex-PANTERA] and the rest of SUPERJOINT RITUAL are in a state of shock and blown away by this tragedy! We do not take this shit lightly... What this kid did is so fucked up its not even conceivable. May you burn in the hottest corners of hell, you pistol-packin' pussyfuck..."R.I.P Dimebag. You rocked harder than you will ever know!!!!"

ROB ZOMBIE has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"I don't know exactly what to write concerning the death of Darrell. This is beyond shocking and horrible. I still can't believe it is true. I got the call from my manager Andy Gould, who, along with Walter O'Brien, used to manage PANTERA and WHITE ZOMBIE. "During the early ninties WHITE ZOMBIE and PANTERA were constant touring partners and I had the pleasure of watching Darrell perform with PANTERA easily over a hundred times. For those of you who never saw him, he was without a doubt the most dynamic guitartist on the face of the planet. He was truly one of a kind. A legend. "Off stage, he was a cool, down-to-earth guy with the most bizarre sense of humor ever, half the time I didn't even understand what the hell he was saying. He spoke a language all his own ? Dimespeak. "The last time I saw Darrell was with his brother Vinnie standing in the crowd rocking out at a METALLICA show. I never got a chance to see his new band, but I'm sure he was as amazing as always. "No one can replace a giant talent like Darrell, he will be missed. "My heart goes out to Phil, Rex and especially Vinnie."

KORN frontman Jonathan Davis has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"Darrell and PANTERA were one of the main reasons I joined a metal band. This is a tragic loss for the music community and to all who knew him. KORN is truly shaken and we want to send our deepest condolences to the families of the deceased."

Ozzy Osbourne has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"Dimebag was a dear friend of mine. I'm absolutely beside myself with grief. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would do this. PANTERA toured with me many, many times. I'll always remember the signed guitar that he gave me at my 50th birthday party. My heart goes out to Dime's family, his fans and the other innocent victims who were killed in this senseless tragedy. It's just terribly, terribly sad."

DISTURBED have issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"It is with the utmost despair that we extend our condolences to the family and many friends of one of the greatest guitar players to ever walk the face of this earth, Dimebag Darrell Abbott. Not only was he an inspiration to anyone who ever picked up a guitar, but he was one of the most genuine, big-hearted individuals you would ever have the pleasure of meeting. Dime loved to have a good time, and was never satisfied until everyone else around him was having one too. We are all still in an utter state of shock, refusing to believe that he is truly gone. Instead of focusing on the incredibly ugly demise of his death, let us remember the joy and strength he brought to all of us while he was alive. "To Rita, Vinnie Paul, and all of those who loved him so much, we extend our most heartfelt condolences. We'll have a double black tooth in your honor brother. You will never be forgotten."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2004, 09:43:21 AM »

I Dont know what to do man..I think its finally sinking in..I was fine last night but ima t school now and i feel like fuckin crying..I met Dimebag at a metallica concert and he was the nicest fucking guy ever..He was so down to earth and just real man..like no one id ever seen before...So when i get home im gonna fuckin blast his tunes in honour man...and to all of those people on ebay tryin to make a quick buck..Get a life..Anyways heres some more news

Brian Kozicki, who was doing lighting for DAMAGEPLAN's show, told WTOL-TV he dove under his console and called 911 after the alleged gunman, Nathan Gale, started shooting. "I just told them where I was. There was a gunman firing shots and somebody had been shot and there were more shots being fired as I was talking to them on the phone," Kozicki said. "If the cop wouldn't have gotten there when he did that guy definitely had more ammo," Kozicki told WTOL-TV. "I think he definitely would have killed more people." In the end, Kozicki lost a friend of his Erin Halk who also worked at the club. "It's crazy. He was a great guy, great guy. It's a horrible, horrible thing," said Kozicki. Add to that, Kozicki told WTOL-TV Dimebag's brother Vinnie Paul Abbott was on stage when Dimebag was shot. When it was over, Kozicki had his arm around Vinnie Paul who was in tears. "I let him borrow my cell phone so he could call his dad and tell him what happened," said Kozicki. "I didn't know what to say to him. I just told him to pray."

While most people at Columbus' Alrosa Villa nightclub watched in stunned horror Wednesday night as Nathan Gale fired his weapon onstage, and then at the crowd, a Central Ohio man sprang to action, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.
Travis Burnett, who is an amateur fighter, said he ran up on the stage in hopes of forcing the gunman to shoot himself."I didn't see anybody dead," Burnett said. "I wasn't concentrated on them. I was concentrated on (Gale).Burnett said he tried to get the gun away from Gale."He had the gun aimed at my chest when I walked around," Burnett said. "I asked him, 'What are you doing?' He said, 'Get out of here,' and I said, 'No.' I moved up to him and then he shot my arm and I took off."The bullet grazed Burnett's arm."I didn't feel it," Burnett said. "I just know there was a hole in my shirt."Burnett ran back behind the bar. There, he saw Niggemeyer come into the nightclub with a shotgun. He didn't see the officer shoot the gunman, but he did hear the blast, Burton reported."I have a friend that's a police officer and he said that cop did a really courageous thing," Burnett said.Police said that Gale was holding a hostage. Burnett said that Gale and a security guard were wrestling and Gale had a "good hold" on the man, appearing that there was a hostage situation. Burnett said it was hard to tell, saying there was chaos inside the club. R

« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:48:16 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2004, 10:02:40 AM »

DROWNING POOL have cancelled the remainder of their tour Thursday out of respect and grief for the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.The band, who grappled with tragedy just two years ago when their lead singer died of a heart condition while on tour, issued a statement Thursday about the shootings.
"No one knows why some people do the heinous things they do," it said. "What we do know is that once again, we leave tour to bury friends, brothers and family.
"Dimebag Darrell was the epitome of rock and roll. He wasn't just a player that all guitarists aspired to be, but the genuine article and a true friend. Darrell inspired our lives and how we carried ourselves not just as musicians out on the road but also as friends in everyday life."

Dean Guitars founder Dean B. Zelinsky has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"As I sit here awake at 2:34 am, feeling numb beyond belief to the news that our good friend Darrell Abbott is no longer with us, I would like to share my thoughts as they come to mind. "I met Darrell when he was only a kid, not old enough to get into the clubs for which he would later grace the stages throughout his impressive career. This kid was great at 16 years old and destined to become the idol we now know as Dimebag Darrell.
"Darrell became the true persona of a rock star. He personified and exemplified the rock life ?he lived it 24/7. It is the Dimebag Darrells that make this industry we all are so emotionally attached to 'bigger than life.' He truly knew his role...after all; he was also rock's biggest fan. He grew up with the dream and had what it takes to put it all together.
"Anyone who ever met Dimebag Darrell will tell you, they were touched for life. He treated his fans like royalty, as he knew what it was like to be a kid at a concert and seeing your idol onstage?he wanted to give it all back. When Darrell was off stage, he was always aware of whom he was and the effect he had on his fans. People who knew him will tell you that behind the persona of Dimebag Darrell was a guy who was kind, loyal, sentimental, full of emotion, full of life, charismatic and extremely talented. Darrell was an artist not only with a guitar but also with a pen. When I would meet with him, he would show up with a file folder full of drawings of his guitar designs. "Just a few weeks ago I was with Darrell at a show in Milwaukee. Backstage after the show, two kids were waiting at the stage door and would not leave without seeing Darrell. When he got wind of this he insisted they be brought back to meet him. These kids were so in awe to meet their idol, then Darrell rocked their world when he put them on the VIP list for the Chicago show the very next day. "Darrell was one of rock's greatest guitarists. He took metal to whole new level and showed young rockers how the instrument was to be played. He made young kids all over the world want to pick up a guitar and play like Dime! He potentially inspired more kids to play guitar than any artist in recent history. "On a personal note, words cannot express the loss I am feeling. Of all the stars I have met in the past 28 years, nobody touched me like Darrell. He was the artist who would bring me on stage and introduce me as the world's greatest guitar maker. He was a fan of mine as I was a fan of him. No single artist has done more for the popularity of Dean Guitars than Dimebag Darrell. "These past months working with Darrell on new guitar designs, talking to him just about every day have been the most invigorating times in my 28-year career. Seeing Dime onstage with a Dean in his hands again brought back feelings I thought were gone forever. Just yesterday I was on the phone with him discussing the photo shoot we had set up for the show in Michigan on Friday to introduce his new Razorback design. He started talking about how he couldn't wait to get home in a few days to work on the new DAMAGEPLAN CD. He said this new CD was going to be heavier than ever and blow people's minds. "I cannot help but think about Rita. She and Darrell had been together since they were in 3rd grade. I have worked very closely with her these past months as she handles all of Dime's affairs. She is truly the woman behind the man and Dimebag would have told you, he wouldn't have been Dimebag without Rita. She is one very special person and I cannot fathom the pain she must be feeling. Our deepest sympathy goes out to his brother Vinnie and the rest of his family. Our hearts go out as well to the other victims of this horrible tragedy. "Darrell was a living legend. He lived every day of his life to the fullest. I will always remember his smile onstage. He loved what he did and it showed. No matter how big the crowd, he could always find you and fling a guitar pick your way. We at Dean have lost a great artist but more importantly, a true friend. The world has lost a great human being."

Bahad
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2004, 11:16:16 AM »

Damn what a fuckin physco.... I was at Sebastian Bach concert in my town. I was so happy to see a true rockstar closely. Went home and saw Darrell was shot in the head. He's such a great guitarist. R.I.P Darrell.  Embarrassed
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2004, 11:22:50 AM »

Fuckign Hell!!!Thsi just aint right, he didnt  deseved to die that way, killed by a fucking gay with pistol in his hand, son of a bitch.....
 no rant

R.I.P

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2004, 11:43:35 AM »

Lars Ulrich's comments on Metallica.com

RIP DARRELL
12/9/2004   

This is unbelievable. To sit here and talk about Darrell in the past tense seems so wrong, so unfair, so unjust, I don't even know what to say. My heart goes out to Vinnie, to their families, to the other band members, and to the families and friends of the other people that were killed or injured, in this fucking senseless act of selfishness and stupidity.

In 1985 I was fortunate enough to meet both Darrell and his brother in Dallas on tour. The first thing me and my friend did as soon as that tour was over, was to head straight back to Dallas and hang out with Darrell and Vinnie for a long time, cuz they were the coolest muther fuckers that we had met after criss-crossing the states for three months. That was the beginning of a friendship that was anchored in love, respect, fun, outrageousness, music, booze, sweat, late nights, early mornings, hangovers, headaches, pounding eardrums, sore bodies... the list goes on.

There's a tendency in these fucked up moments to use the word "I" a lot and focus on one's own feelings of pity and shock... so instead let it just be known that thru these eyes Darrell was incredibly warm, open, fun, nutty, forthcoming, talented, embracing, unpretentious, accommodating and he always had a very attractive innocence about him that obviously made him never threatening and always welcoming.

Darrell and his brother were the cornerstone of musical adventures that were always groundbreaking, pushing boundaries, challenging to themselves and to their fans, respected by their peers and always true musicians' musicians, and today the rock world is worse off because of this untimely and senseless waste.

Much love and respect and thanks for letting me be a small part of your life and I know you are already having fun and throwing it down with Bon Scott, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Jimi, Cliff B., and the rest of the musicians and troublemakers that you are hanging with so prematurely.

Lars
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 11:53:33 AM by Metallifuck » Logged

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2004, 04:28:21 PM »

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine will be hosting the MTV2 "Headbanger's Ball" tribute to DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell on Saturday, December 11 beginning at 10:00 p.m."For those of you who do, please pray for me that I would do Darrell justice," Mustaine said. "For those of you who don't, please just send positive thoughts so this will be a truly fabulous, honoring, and respectful reflection back on a very good man, and guitar virtuoso."

John Futty, Evan Goodenow and Aaron Beck of The Columbus Dispatch have issued the following report:Shortly before DAMAGEPLAN took the stage at the Alrosa Villa, a man approached the band's bus behind the North Side nightclub.He wanted to know if lead guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, were onboard.Aaron Barns, the heavy-metal group's sound man, told him the brothers had already gone in the club."The next time I see him, he's walking behind the bass player and singer right over to Dime," Barns said yesterday.As the band played its opening song Wednesday night, the man rushed across the stage and grabbed Darrell Abbott, firing several shots into his head from a Beretta 9 mm semiautomatic handgun.The gunman, identified yesterday as Nathan Gale, killed three other people and wounded two before Columbus Police Officer James D. Niggemeyer entered the rear of the club shortly after 10:20 p.m.Carrying a Remington 870, a 12-gauge shotgun, the officer circled a stack of amplifiers and saw Gale, who was at the back of the stage holding a gun to a man's head.
From 20 feet away, Niggemeyer killed Gale with a single shotgun blast.His decision to enter the club without waiting for fellow police officers to arrive saved lives, many said."All of the officers have been trained since the Columbine incident that, if there's shooting going on, to go in and put the pressure on the shooter," Niggemeyer's supervisor, Sgt. Jeff Leesbug, said last night.In addition to the band's guitarist, those whom Gale killed were Nathan Bray, a 23-year-old fan from Grove City; Erin A. Halk, a 29-year-old Northwest Side man who worked security at the club; and Jeff "Mayhem" Thompson, a 40-year-old crew member from Waxahachie, Texas.Wounded in the shooting were Chris Paluska, the band's tour manager, and John Brooks, a drum technician. Both were in Riverside Methodist Hospital last night, where Paluska was in serious condition and Brooks was in good condition.Many in the crowd of more than 400 heavymetal enthusiasts thought Gale was a crew member, a part of the act or an exuberant fan."He didn't pull out the gun until he got to Dimebag," said Brian Kozicki, the club's lighting director, who watched from the sound booth.People who had known the 25-year-old Gale in his hometown of Marysville described him yesterday as an unstable man who once asserted that the Abbott brothers' former band, PANTERA, had stolen his song lyrics.Some witnesses said Gale fired at Vinnie Paul Abbott but missed and then fired at those who attempted to subdue him. "He probably wouldn't have shot anyone else if other people hadn't tried to stop him," Barns said.Mitch Carpenter, an Alrosa security guard working in the parking lot, said he encountered Gale before the concert and asked him to "park his car and buy a ticket or leave." Gale parked behind the building near the band's bus and was asked to move his car, which he did.The next time Carpenter saw Gale, he was in the club."He had hopped the fence at the patio," Carpenter said. "He was walking really fast toward the stage and I followed him."I thought he was going to get up there and stage dive or something during the first song. I figured he was just a guy who didn't have any money to buy a ticket so he got in the way he did."I've been going over it in my mind, but when he came in I didn't want to tackle him. He was a big guy."Alrosa owner Rick Cautela was tending bar when he heard the shots during the band's opening song, "New Found Power". He thought they were firecrackers."I heard the music stop and heard more pops. I figured the band had stopped and was going to start again when they grabbed whoever had the firecrackers," he said of security workers. "I just kept waiting on customers."But then audience members ran toward the exits.The panic and confusion can be heard in 10 calls made to 911 operators, beginning at 10:18 p.m., seconds after the first shots were fired."I'm at the Alrosa Villa and there's a shooting. Someone is shooting the band on the stage," said a female caller."They're still shooting. The person is still loose with the gun."Kozicki said he took cover in the sound booth and dialed 911 as soon as Darrell Abbott slumped to the floor. He remained on the line with an operator for five minutes, offering details about the chaos and the gunman's actions.A little more than three minutes after his call to 911 began, he told the operator that police had killed the gunman.Kozicki, a student at Bowling Green State University, called the officer's action "100 percent in the right."If he hadn't done it, more people probably would have been killed," he said yesterday.Niggemeyer had just begun his shift at the 18 th precinct, at Karl and Morse roads ? about 2 miles from Alrosa ? when the report of a shooting came in. When he arrived at the club about two minutes later, security workers pointed him to the back door.At least five other officers came through another door of the club seconds after Niggemeyer fired. Ultimately, about 60 detectives were at the club, many working overtime. They interviewed about 250 witnesses, putting them on three buses provided by COTA.This is the first time the 31-year-old Niggemeyer, who joined the force in 1999, has shot a suspect. He has a clean record, with many compliments from citizens, said Sgt. Brent Mull, a police spokesman. The division would not release his personnel file yesterday.Band members spent Wednesday night on their bus then went back to Texas, where they're base"Vinnie crashed in Dime's bunk and was crying," Barns said.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 04:45:03 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2004, 05:25:20 PM »

LIMP BIZKIT guitarist Wes Borland has posted the following message on the group's official web site:"We were playing a show in Texas a few years ago and I saw this sweaty, super long-haired, big-bearded, Dimebag Darrell-looking guy come over the barricade right in front of me. 'Holy crap,' I thought, "That IS Dimebag Darrell!!!' I had only met him once before, but I had grown up on PANTERA and was a little star-struck by his presence. He was smiling and looking up at me and jamming out to whatever song we were playing at the moment. The security in the barricade were getting ready to shoo him out from in front of the stage with everyone else, but I stopped them from ushering him out and I stopped playing guitar and I shook his hand. He hung out right in front of me for about four more songs. I couldn't believe it. He was a hero to so many of us. I'm glad I got to have that moment with him. I'll never forget it."

Members of MOT?RHEAD have issued brief separate statements regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:Lemmy: "To Vinnie & all concerned: Man, I am so fuckin sorry. You know I loved Dimebag and I'm about as sorry as you can get. Glad you're OK though. If there's anything you need help with, you got my number somewhere, OK."Thinking of you."Phil Campbell: "I'm so sorry, we'll dedicate the set to Dimebag tonight."Mikkey Dee: "My deepest sympathy to everyone affected by this tragedy."

Former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"I knew Darrell from months of touring together. He was a great guitar player, actually much better than was probably necessary to play the kind of music he was playing. Although his image was a wild partying maniac, his playing always was full of class and finesse. As a fellow guitar player, KISS fanatic and basic rock dude just tryin' to make music, I'm sad and shocked by this."Why is it so easy for any lunatic to get his hands on a gun??"RIP, Dime, you will be missed..."

STAIND guitarist Mike Mushok has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"I can't believe the news I got last night. Jon called me telling me that Dimebag was shot at a club while they were performing. I couldn't believe it then and I still can't. On behalf of myself and the band I'd like to send our deepest sympathy to Dime's family. What a loss."I was lucky enough to be able to hang with Dime on a few occasions and he was a man that loved life and lived it to the fullest. He was an incredible guitar player / musician / human being ? a legend who will live on in the awesome music that he made."Pour yourself a shot of crown, add a splash of coke and raise your glass in Dime's memory. You'll be missed."

BLACK SABBATH legend Tony Iommi, plus KISS principals Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons have issued separate statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:Tony Iommi: "I was absolutely shocked by the news. Dimebag was such a really nice genuine bloke and a great player. He was always very respectful towards me and it was lovely to have him on tour with us. He will be sadly missed."

Paul Stanley: "I'm stunned. The taking of Dimebag Darrell's life in this horrific murder is a senseless tragedy for his fans and unfathomable loss for his family. I send my deepest condolences to Vinnie and the rest of his family. My thoughts are also with the families of all the other victims of this heinous act."

Gene Simmons: "Sad to report 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott, formerly of PANTERA, has been killed in a club incident. Our best wishes to his family and friends."

« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 05:52:12 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2004, 06:12:04 PM »

BBC News is reporting that the U.K. edition of Metal Hammer magazine printed an interview two weeks before former PANTERA guitarist Darrell Abbott was shot and killed, saying he should be "severely beaten."Metal Hammer published the interview with singer Phil Anselmo, who featured in PANTERA with Abbott. BLABBERMOUTH.NET made several excerpts from the interview available online on December 1.Abbott was one of five people killed in Ohio as his band DAMAGEPLAN performed.A spokesman for publisher Future said it was "really sorry" to hear of the deaths, adding: "We extend our sympathies to the families involved."Anselmo, who is now lead singer for SUPERJOINT RITUAL, was interviewed in the Christmas edition of the magazine, talking about the acrimonious break-up of PANTERA.No motive has yet been established for the killings, although Columbus police have said witnesses had described hearing alleged gunman Nathan Gale accuse Abbott of being behind the split of PANTERA."[Abbott] deserves to be beaten severely," Anselmo told the magazine, which is not published in the U.S.The magazine's cover features Anselmo brandishing two knives at the camera.

The Associated Press is reporting that the man who shot guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott once told a friend that Abbott's former band, PANTERA, stole his lyrics.
Jeramie Brey said gunman Nathan Gale (Photo#1, Photo#2, Photo#3) once showed up at a friend's house saying he wanted to share songs he had written. The pages of lyrics were copied from PANTERA, but Gale claimed he had written them, Brey said.
"He was off his rocker," Brey told The Columbus Dispatch. "He said they were his songs, that PANTERA stole them from him and that he was going to sue them."
He later told Brey that he planned to sue PANTERA for stealing his identity. Brey and friend Dave Johnson said Gale's behavior frightened them and they distanced themselves from him several years ago. But other friends said they never considered Gale capable of violence.
On Wednesday night, the 25-year-old former Marine charged the stage at a show by Abbott's new band, DAMAGEPLAN, and gunned down four people including Abbott before a policeman fatally shot him.Police said Friday they still didn't know Gale's motive, and they may never find out. Some witnesses said Gale yelled accusations that the revered guitarist broke up PANTERA, but police had not verified those reports.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 06:17:55 PM by Malcolm » Logged

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2004, 06:13:43 PM »

It's really great to see so many other artists commenting on this situation.Maybe seeing so many other's comments will give the clubs a clue,and get them metal detectors.
Thanks for posting Malcom smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2004, 06:24:37 PM »

I belive this post deserves to be on its own:

DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul issued the following statement:

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, Dime will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Dime gave it all every day to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"

Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

ive been going around to various message boards on the net since last night just trying to find more info. i must say there are so many people who are grieving right now, its really unbeleivible. since this is the 1st time ive been to HTGTH in a couple of days i just want to extend my apologies and prayers to everyone. Dimebag was not just a great guitar player, but a truely great person. i will sorely miss him

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2004, 07:43:23 PM »

Ted Nugent spoke to the Flint, Michigan newspaper The Flint Journal about the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell."It was horrible. Darrell was a big fan of mine. He expressed that every time we ever saw each other," said the Nuge, who fondly recalled that PANTERA performed his "Journey to the Center of the Mind" and "Cat Scratch Fever" the last time they played Detroit."It's tragic on two dynamic levels," Nugent, an outspoken advocate of sensible gun ownership, added. "Once again, innocence is destroyed, and it's Americans destroying other Americans. This conduct runs wild in this country ... It's not the Taliban doing it. It's Americans."

Former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro has posted the following message on his web site:"I never met Darrell, but I will always remain dazzled by his playing."I cannot believe how sad the whole shooting incident is."Music is important. You know it means the world to me. But in the same breath, it is just music. So many bands break up, do new stuff, move on, sometimes get back together for a while and then keep moving, reunite, I mean, it just happens. Marriages end in divorce sometimes, boyfriends and girlfriends separate, business partners go separate ways."I was going to try to list all the bands I could think of that have parted over the years, but come on, that would take forever. As soon as I typed, THE BEATLES, I thought, 'Maybe I don't even have to go any further.'"Darrell was just playing music."I have read that his death was due to the opinions of a disgruntled PANTERA fan. If there is any truth to that, it is just so sickening and pathetic and full of selfish hate on the part of the shooter. So full of self-importance and grandeur. As a music fan, it makes me sad. As a fellow artist it makes me sad. I mean, who did this guy think he was rocking out to when he listened to PANTERA? Was he really just a part-time supporter of Darrell? Could he find the distinction? What a fucked up world it must be to live in where one thinks that everything revolves around him and is about him and for or against him."So, Darrell got shot cause he wanted to make music. Because he was happy creating and playing. I am utterly saddened and disgusted. A devastating day for music and for those of us who consider ourselves fans, myself included, because, clearly, on some level, this guy thought we all had this in common. We consider ourselves fans of music."And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation ? some fact of my life---unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake...""Music, our song, our community is our voice. It is by the people for the people, of the people. It is progression, forward movement. The hate is backwards decay into death. We owe it to ourselves to be the representatives of who we really are. The healers. We owe it to the world, because clearly, the world needs to be shown sometimes."

Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell told the Dallas Morning News that DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell was a one-of-a-kind character ? a hard-partying Yosemite Sam who had a tender, more nurturing side.
"He was a deep soul," Cantrell said. "He was always there with a smile ... which is why this doesn't make any sense at all. Why would anyone have a beef with him?"
Cantrell recalled the time Dimebag borrowed his Yukon truck and returned it full of graffiti and adhesive stickers. "That's the kind of guy he was. ... He loved to pull pranks on you. ... He always had a joe and a smile."

Zakk Wylde:"He was beyond beautiful. When he'd walk in the room, he'd light it up. Fuck the guitar playing ? he's right up there with Eddie and Randy and Hendrix. All he wanted to do was make everyone happy. He was the ray of sunshine. Dime will never die ever ? he's in my veins. He's sitting at God's tavern, having a cold one with Randy Rhoads and Hendrix. Dime was an original."

Former COAL CHAMBER/current PI?ATA guitarist Miguel "Meegs" Rascon, has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:I would just like to take this moment to expess my sorrow to all the people that passed away [Wednesday] night."I know Dime was a great influence to a lot of people, including myself. He will be missed deeply."I can personally say I had some of the best times touring with PANTERA. Music is something that should be shared with all. We never stop to realize how powerful it can be.

"Dime, thanks for all the fun times we had! This drink's for you!"R.I.P."

« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:53:13 PM by Malcolm » Logged

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2004, 11:52:30 PM »

this is absolute bullshit, i am beside myself, so i am sorry if this post pisses anyone off.   I just fucking get pissed off when shit like this happens, what give this son of a bitch the right to take another person's life that many people value so much? i don't care how fucked up your life is, that is your problem.  I am glad the cop got their when he did so that nobody else got hurt, but i hope to god that their is a heaven and hell so that this motherfucker can face the consequences of his actions. i just hope to hell that he doesn't just get to slay 5 people that numerous people care about just to get shot. I hope this guy goes to hell so he can face the pain that he has caused in so many people's hearts by killing 5 innocent people. i don't care how fucked up your life is, taking it out on other people is simply inexuseable. I no this post makes no sense but i am just beside myself with emotions that i don't really no how to express them.  All i can ask is Why???!?!?! It also makes this board's constant obsession with slash and axl seem so trivial.  They are both still alive and we should be happy.  Being pissed off and shit about axl not releasing cd or anyone breaking up the band is pointless!!!! It is their life and we should respect them for living it the way they decided. It's non of our fucking business why they broke up.  Sometimes people just do what they wanna do.

Before i go i just want to extend my sympathay for every fan,family member and friend of dimebag and the people that lost their lives. I pray they will all be in a better place.

What Goes around comes around!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: