Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!  (Read 19013 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2004, 04:30:22 PM »

axl's lost it now, huh? Roll Eyes

NOT

You can't judge it too much before hearing it

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »

He should suck it up and call Izzy and ask him to be a part of the songwriting. Not to join the band, or tour, or anything else. Kind of like what he did with VR. Hang out in the studio and help. That won't happen though because I am sure Izzy was also seen as not wanting to progress the band and God forbid Axl were to actually reach out for help if he needed it to someone who as known him forever and helped him reach the status he is at now. I just don't understand it. If he is really bringing in other from the outside to help with the songwriting(and we don't know, it is still somewhat a rumor) why not call someone who has helped him pen some of GNR's greatest songs and knows what it takes?  crying
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2004, 05:05:45 PM »

I agree with you 100%, I don't think Izzy would join either band so why not let him in?
Too much pride me thinks Naupis.
Plastic Surgery and radio hit makers, its all gone a bit 'Madonna' isn't it??
 Cry
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2004, 07:45:10 PM »

Four pages of posts for something that's totally non-news.  Oy vey, it gets sadder everyday.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »

i'm amazed that people believe anything on here... first who gives a fuck about desmond child.... 2nd... anyone that still believes CD will not come out and that there are no vocals or no good songs on it are morons and have their heads up their asses
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

Child isn't just a writer, he sings, too.
lars hetfield
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 09:32:31 PM »

this friday? hopefully dont be like dizzy who said yeah sept. than feb. and never said of what year. the way things look now im banking that we are more likely to see axl back with slash, duff etc. in 3 years before we see chinese democracy released. who knows?
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2004, 09:48:35 PM »

Something tells me this rumor is bullshit...honestly ?Wink

However...let's play devil's advocate for a moment and pretend that this rumor is gospel. What if Chinese Democracy was, in fact, done months ago as many of us assume (short of mastering, that is) and when the record company got it's first listen, they liked some/most of the material, BUT didn't hear a radio friendly SINGLE. Realizing how much time and money spent on this project already, the record company panics and ask that Axl & Co. go back and write (or rewrite) a handful of tracks to be more radio friendly to salvage the record sales.

I only mention it because it was Child who was brought in to do just that on Aerosmith's Permanent Vacation. However, where his cheesy influence spews all over songs like "Angel," I read somewhere that he got credit for helping to write "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" after only contributing the first line of the first verse ("...cruised into a bar on the shore."). I guess if the rumor is true it may not be as bad as we imagine...

...or it could be a complete nightmare. Either way, release the fuckin' album already!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2004, 10:23:12 PM »

Anyone ever stop to think Axl was helping DC on DCs project and not the other way around?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2004, 10:40:20 PM »

Anyone ever stop to think Axl was helping DC on DCs project and not the other way around?

Do you not read threads before posting in them?  Your own doppelganger made the same query...

Do we know if they were actually writing songs or if Axl was maybe working on soemthing that guy was doing for his own project....
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2004, 10:46:36 PM »

Do you not read threads before posting in them?? Your own doppelganger made the same query...

Do we know if they were actually writing songs or if Axl was maybe working on soemthing that guy was doing for his own project....

No I didnt want to read through 4 pages of nonsense.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2004, 10:51:17 PM »

Your own doppelganger made the same query...
hihi

When has the rumor board been accurate or right? I made this statement about them the other day..before all of this....its a site where peopel go on these investigations. The guy says ...o im in the works with so and so...Im gonna get the details soon.no1 talk to him otherwise he might not talk...

Im not saying this storoy isnt true. But who knows what the context of all of this falls in. I say fuk the rumorboard. They have never come thru and never will. They are a bunch of peopel who make the situation worse. If you go by them they should have taled with everyone in the gnr camp, including pizza boys, and flys on the wall. If they havnt cracked anything significant or credible by now they never will.....but whatever...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2004, 11:03:22 PM »

The rumor board just makes up rumors. Its funny, they claimed the album would be out in Nov, that passed and then it was Feb, its too late now for a Feb release they think, so now they are claiming its april.  They said over six weeks ago we would get a release date or some huge news yet it has not happened.

visionary432
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2004, 01:06:10 AM »

So you expect the rumorboard to know more about the album than the band members themselves? Dizzy said the album was originally supposed to come out in November, then said it's looking like February. Halfway through December now, February does not seem possible. Dizzy has certainly been proven to be incorrect on numerous occasions. Why criticize the rumorboard when the band members are just as wrong? Is it not possible the album WAS supposed to come out at certain times but it got POSTPONED. Maybe we should be blaming Axl for not releasing the album and not people who try their best to get any new information because GNR tells us nothing? Anyway, it's not like the rumorboard created the articles posted in the links.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2004, 07:10:19 AM »

The rumor board just makes up rumors. Its funny, they claimed the album would be out in Nov, that passed and then it was Feb, its too late now for a Feb release they think, so now they are claiming its april.? They said over six weeks ago we would get a release date or some huge news yet it has not happened.

I'm not into rumor boars,but lets be honest did most people here hoping for november get it from the ruomor board, or did they see btm and here when it was slated for..?

Second did the rumor board tell people february or was it dizzy saying the album was pushed back and that it might happen infebruary??

FInally I can click the links because of pc problems, what do they say?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2004, 10:33:54 AM »

Only Axl and Doug Goldstein know whats happening with Chinese Democracy and the hitmaster Desmond Child   Wink

I hope the studio sessions werent inspired by the music of "She Bangs"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2004, 10:48:03 AM »

It kinda sucks if Axl had to bring in another songwriter but it's not the end of the world.? Sure Desmond Child has wrote some crappy stuff (Ricky Martin, Michael Bolton, Boyzone) but he has also dome some successful rock stuff too. Slippery When Wet was an awesome album, he did some stuff for Aerosmith (a inspiration for G'n'R), Alice Cooper (who did the garden w/ G'n'R) and Kiss too. Whatever he may help Axl with I'm sure it'll be to Axl's liking.? And I'm sure Chinese Democracy won't have Michael Bolton or Ricky Martin material on it (Yikes, scary though huh?? nervous )

Besides, Guns tunes have always appealed to the masses so what is so bad about getting a song writer who has like 40 top ten hits to help write some stuff.? It's not like G'n'R is an underground metal band who haven't sold out.? Geez, they "sold out" along time ago (since "selling out" tends to be the amount of radio play and record sales you get). Hell people on this board say "if CD doesn't sell 1,000,000,000,000,000 copies on the first day then it will be a failure" then turn around and say "I don't want the tunes to be popular". Fuck, if the tunes aren't catchy and popular then it won't sell, duh!!

Whatever happens I'm sure the new G'n'R music will rock.? Everything else Axl has done rules, and I don't see any reason for the new stuff not to either.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 10:56:05 AM by Neemo » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2004, 11:04:41 AM »

The rumor board just makes up rumors. Its funny, they claimed the album would be out in Nov, that passed and then it was Feb, its too late now for a Feb release they think, so now they are claiming its april.? They said over six weeks ago we would get a release date or some huge news yet it has not happened.

Although I agree that board is bullshit, in fairness Axl said we might hear something "in a few months" (that was March) and none of the other guys in the band seem to have a clue either.

Im still holding out hope that well see the album in 2003.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2004, 11:23:39 AM »

something to think about.....
{just a possibility}...got this from a poster who wrote a good post imo.....

As someone who's written songs both for myself and with bands I've been in, I imagine Desmond Child's contributions to be more structual or subtle than you guys are imagining. He's co-written stuff with Aerosmith, and it still sounds like Aerosmith...same with Kiss, same with Ricky Martin.

It's obvious the guy knows how to create a song with a hook, whether it's in a hard rock or cheesy pop style...my guess is that when bands like Kiss or Bon Jovi co-write with Child, his job is more to take the ideas the band has and simply clean them up a bit...take a song from the band that has some cool ideas or parts and work with the band to shape the song into a more, say, "accessible" form. I really doubt Desmond Child has written entire sections of music for these bands, I think it's more of a collaboration with him offering minor chord changes or ideas on how to make the song stronger rather than him writing the songs.

I say this just because I look at the songs Child has written with Kiss, Bon Jovi, or Aerosmith, and they aren't any different stylistically than anything else the band wrote without him. Take Slippery When Wet...if you weren't looking at the liner notes, you'd never notice any stylistic difference between "Livin' On A Prayer" which was written with Child, and "Wild In The Streets," which was just written by JBJ and Richie Sambora.

If he contributes anything to a Gn'R record, I guarantee it won't sound any different than the rest of the album...the only difference I think would be that it would be a little tighter, catchier, and straightforward, since anything he's hired to work on is going to be something they want to release as a single. I wouldn't worry too much about this one, guys. Smiley

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2004, 11:44:42 AM »

WHy is axl involved with so many people outside of the band ,why do they need outside writers..? He has had 7-8 people in the band, why go outside, it's a gnr record..?
I just had to ask..

Don't they just put lyrics to what music they write?

I also don't think if the dude writes something it will sound like anything but gnr, then again I don't know what ttype of sound new gnr is going for..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: