Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!  (Read 18979 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2004, 12:54:13 PM »

Desmond Child has also worked with Aerosmith, and that's approximately when they started going downhill. I sure hope the rumour isn't true.

Oh hell, I hope we don't end up with a bunch of soppy ballads in cheesy hollywood films.

DOn't you think you're sjumping the gun a bit, since the 80's aerosmith has come on stronger then their glory days.. get a grip in the early 90's had some excellent songs, their past release was very blues based with honkin on bobo..Either way you look at it they have been a huge hit for years..

Again I have no clue what these people are even doing there..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2004, 01:09:19 PM »

Desmond Child has also worked with Aerosmith, and that's approximately when they started going downhill. I sure hope the rumour isn't true.

Oh hell, I hope we don't end up with a bunch of soppy ballads in cheesy hollywood films.

DOn't you think you're sjumping the gun a bit, since the 80's aerosmith has come on stronger then their glory days.. get a grip in the early 90's had some excellent songs, their past release was very blues based with honkin on bobo..Either way you look at it they have been a huge hit for years..

Again I have no clue what these people are even doing there..

OK, OK, I haven't even seen the rumour board but there's not much else to go on - so I guess we have to debate around the speculation.

I haven't heard the blues album, but I think that Aerosmith were at their best up to PUMP. Yes, they may have been successful after this point, I just didn't get as excited by the output. I miss old Aerosmith.

The thought of too many songwriters just gives me a sour taste in the mouth - its what I hate most about chart bands and the pop idol phenonema.

Here today...ready to rock
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2004, 01:32:30 PM »

I mean listen to the title of the site "rumourboard"!  It's just not credible.  Does the guy really work in the music business, and has he ever gotten anything right?  Maybe he Axl moved along with the recording process and the administrator is just going to sum up what Axl said he was going to do.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2004, 01:45:14 PM »

It's not really a rumor, He cites 2 bands with links to their sites who independently verified Axl was working with the guy in the recording studio room next door to where those bands were working. I doubt it was some conspiracy among those bands to just make that up. But I may be wrong.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2004, 02:30:26 PM »

I really hope that Desmond Child isn't involved with Nu-GN'R. He wrote some good things in the 80s, but nothing since then... On the other hand Axl collaborated with a lot of musicians, band members and prolific songwriters, and there was a rumour that he contacted Lionel Ritchie for some help in songwriting and vocals melody writing, maybe even in writing the lyrics. Who knows?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jgfnsr
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 02:32:05 PM »

Whatever Axl did after the announcement, I just hope it wasn't to erase all of Bucket's guitar parts (like he did the first time with Robin) and plan to have yet another guitarist re-record them.

Even If Buckethead is no longer in the band, his contributions could still be used obviously.

Even if the word still isn't "soon," hopefully it's closer to sooner than later. ?confused
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004, 02:33:09 PM »

Was there not a story leaked here previously that this Desmond Child guy was asked to review the quality of CD and he said he heard 3 good songs and no more?
If this is true its fucking sad, Guns N Roses started with 5 cool bastards that would have kicked a guy like Child in the balls if he tried to tinker with their formula. Now we have a scared, aging recluse, all alone with a project that seems to be so mixed up inside his heart and soul, so overly thought out and worked upon that nobody knows hows to wrestle it from him and help him move on.
JESUS!!!!!!
Intercourse.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 02:37:43 PM »

Was there not a story leaked here previously that this Desmond Child guy was asked to review the quality of CD and he said he heard 3 good songs and no more?

No, that was another guy, but I don't remember his name...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2004, 02:48:21 PM »

I'm so confused here.  Was the rumor about Desmond Child the announcement?  And what is the link to the rumorboard?

Help Me confused

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jgfnsr
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2004, 03:09:01 PM »

If this is true its fucking sad, Guns N Roses started with 5 cool bastards that would have kicked a guy like Child in the balls if he tried to tinker with their formula. Now we have a scared, aging recluse, all alone with a project that seems to be so mixed up inside his heart and soul, so overly thought out and worked upon that nobody knows hows to wrestle it from him and help him move on.
JESUS!!!!!!
Intercourse.

Uhh....let's see here.

Ahhhh yes!? I have it here right in front of me.?

What you are talking about has been filed as GN'R Rumor# 5364-22.

Don't worry, we looked into it and it turned out to be bogus.? ok
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2004, 03:35:55 PM »

And by the way, what everyone on here has suggested will be announced on Friday is incorrect

Giggler do you know what the announcement will be?Huh
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2004, 03:44:49 PM »

Giggler do you know what the announcement will be?Huh

The Desmond Child thingy is the announcement. He just made it earlier than planned.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

This isn't really news at all, even if it's true (we all know Axl has collaborated with a lot of producers, musicians, and I assume some outside song writers). Desmond Child actually made a name for himself writing with KISS along time ago, I believe. A lot of bands use outside song writers, and it usually spawns a more commercialized sound, it's not necessarily bad.
Still, it's interesting that since Tommy is obviously is a good songwriter, why Axl hasn't leaned on him more for more ideas, if that's true.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2004, 04:02:33 PM »

Maybe someone could help me out, unless axl is doing duets and colaborating with other musicians that will play on the actual album/s, then why would he bring in outside writers to a band he already has.??

Lionel ritchie as I saw mentioned before is like a neil diamond, he writes great songs and they usually do very well, just I wouldn't want others writing songs for gnr..
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

This guy wrote Livin' La Vida Loca for Ricky Martin.  Embarrassed
This saga just gets worse and worse......
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:47 PM »

Do we know if they were actually writing songs or if Axl was maybe working on soemthing that guy was doing for his own project....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 04:08:06 PM »

Well at least we're getting some news on the album. ?Sure it is not what we want(release date) but it is news. ?As to wether it is good or bad news. ?I wanna hear the songs first. ?But it is strange he didn't ask Tommy for help on writing songs. ?Could it be that Tommy was unavailable due to his solo stuff?Huh Huh
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 04:16:59 PM »

If you read up on Childs, many fans of Aerosmith, Kiss and Bon Jovi HATE him for getting those acts to abandon any 'hard edges' they grew up with in favor of a more pop focused formula.
Like or hate Contraband, you didn't have this fuckology going on when it was being made (if this rumor is true).
Why didn't Axl ask Izzy, his old buddy and muse?
Axl wants to be radios new poster boy?Huh WTF?Huh
No good will come of this I promise you......if its true that is.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »

This isn't really news at all, even if it's true (we all know Axl has collaborated with a lot of producers, musicians, and I assume some outside song writers). Desmond Child actually made a name for himself writing with KISS along time ago, I believe. A lot of bands use outside song writers, and it usually spawns a more commercialized sound, it's not necessarily bad.
Still, it's interesting that since Tommy is obviously is a good songwriter, why Axl hasn't leaned on him more for more ideas, if that's true.

Tommy is a very good songwriter.  I agree with that completely.  But, we really don't know how much he has contributed to GN'R songwriting yet.  Those solo songs would not have worked for GN'R, or at least that's what Axl and Tommy decided.

Ali
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 04:22:38 PM »

Here's the statement for those who can't or didn't see it...Ok, I back down, here it is. Please strongly note that I am still following this up so in no way contact the individuals concerned

Axl Rose in the weeks after releasing the Buckethead statement was seen working with Desmond Child (co-writer of many Bon Jovi songs (livin on a prayer) etc..) and Curt Cuomo (Kiss writer) in Curt's studio.

Confirmation on this can be seen through a couple of Jazan Wild articles who was recording in the studio next door at the same time;

http://kissnews.web-log.nl/index.log?ID=1335644

While recording in Curt Cuomo?s studio, other musicians working there included Axl Rose/Guns N? Roses and Desmond Child.

http://www.rockunited.com/jazanwild.htm

RockUnited: What the heck is Des Child & Guns'N'Roses doing in the studio next to yours??? And you're always welcome to share your experience about being at Gene $immon$ A**hole release party.

JW: I'm not liberty to talk much about that (Des Child & G'N'R), but that's why I love Los Angeles.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: