Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Axl Did After The Spring Buckethead Statement, Information!!  (Read 19074 times)
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 11:08:23 AM »

Regardless of what anybody else here thinks of the Rumourboard: I like it and check it often to see if anything is happening in the GNR world....

@gigger
The rumour that Paul Decarli is/was editing CD was started here at the HTGTH. beer

Back on topic:

Hell for all we know it's just to say that bucket is back in GNR and that because of that they are able to take that extra step forward to release CD soon.... Grin
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:24:52 PM by elmaestro » Logged

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 11:12:25 AM »

I think people are starting to get desperate, in fact it has now been over 2 years since Philly occurred and we have still heard nothing. For everyone who said something about a February or March release, we are getting to the point logistically that won't be able to happen as it's almost Mid-December. I think people would really like to at least hear something right now, and if rumorboard claims they've got info, people will grasp for it. This has been one of the longest dry spells in a while in the GNR world, it seems like its been forever since we've even had a good rumor that even hints at activity.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004, 11:27:07 AM »

He just posted the info, with the articles to back it up....

It's actually kinda interesting.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 11:30:16 AM »

who is desomd child?? These two guys are outside song writers, or do they  play?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004, 11:39:30 AM »

Des Child helped Bon Jovi write Living on a Prayer it says, maybe Axl is looking to try and get some radio friendsly stuff together?
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2004, 11:43:31 AM »

And by the way, what everyone on here has suggested will be announced on Friday is incorrect.

So you know what this "announcement" is then??? If you say what people have guessed is incorrect... then you must know exaclty what the fuck is going to be announced. Why not say it then?

Really, I love rumors and shit... especially since GnR hasn't said anything in a long while. But what people can't stand is when you (or whoever) play these childish games and say I have an announcement... wait till blah blah blah... That's bullshit. Unless you are Axl your gonna catch hell for that shit...

my2cents.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2004, 11:50:28 AM »

Des Child helped Bon Jovi write Living on a Prayer it says, maybe Axl is looking to try and get some radio friendsly stuff together?

I wonder why he would bring guys outside of the band to write music being they have some many people that are there already.. WHo knows why they were there, my pc is fucked up, the links don't work when I click on them... If it's not much could you paste the info on them in the thread.. beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2004, 11:53:20 AM »

True, Mateoson.

It's actually kinda interesting.
Cheesy It is. You can see the results of game in two days.
Sorta fun. well as long as you don't get too serious about rumours (or horoscopes).

Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 12:00:45 PM »

Well it looks like I spoke too sooon. Here's another guess on my part.... this happened a long ass time ago. All of this is probably irrelevant. The whole bumblefoot thing happened since then...

Why doesn't axl utilize the bandmembers he as for completing the album.... I but his psychic recommended it! lol  peace

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »

I have the impression Axl wants his new version of GN'R have as much Hits as the old band. Unfortunately, I have also the impression he doesn't succed in trying to do that becuse he seems afraid by the future reactions. It seems like a no-end process. The guy could take 10 years more and record 100 songs more again, but if even one song is ever released as a single it just means anything. I have the impression that Axl wrotes songs, many many songs, but he is afraid to show them to the general public.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 12:04:13 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 12:09:50 PM »

Maybe, after the Illusions having masterpieces like "Estranged", he wants to take things to the next level on Chinese Democracy with songs like "Living on a Prayer".  Shocked
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 12:11:25 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has the supposed information that was going to be released on Friday already been posted at the rumour board?

Here today...ready to rock
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2004, 12:14:08 PM »

Unfortunately he can spend the next 100 years writing this album and he won't come up with another Jungle or SCOM, and unfortunately those are the standards the public will hold him to. The fact we don't have an album yet is evidence of the fact he doesn't think it's "there" yet. The problem is you can't manufacture songs like those, they just kind of happen. It has to be frustrating sitting there writing songs knowing that no matter how good they are, the general reaction will be, "well it's good, but its not Jungle or SCOM good." We will be hearing those for the rest of our lives on every rock format, that is a tall order to stand up to.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2004, 12:16:55 PM »

I really hope the rumor about working with the bon jovi guy is false. ?That would be the worst news ever, is that why cd is taking so long? ?Because axl cannot write a decent tune by himself and he needs outside guys who write catchy pop tunes? ?Please say it hasn't come to that.

What Goes around comes around!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2004, 12:24:13 PM »

[quoteI really hope the rumor about working with the bon jovi guy is false.  That would be the worst news ever, is that why cd is taking so long?  Because axl cannot write a decent tune by himself and he needs outside guys who write catchy pop tunes?  Please say it hasn't come to that.]

I think that sounds awfully plausible. We have heard from some of the band members that their parts have been done for years now, and they are basically just waiting on Axl to write lyrics and finish the songs. If the music is and has been done, maybe that means Axl really is struggling to get the lyrics done for all of the songs. The fact he has been spotted with a song writer might actually shed some insight as to why we still haven't heard or seen anything from this project. In the past he always had Izzy's help in trying to write songs, this is really his first attempt at doing everything on his own.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2004, 12:46:39 PM »

Desmond Child has also worked with Aerosmith, and that's approximately when they started going downhill. I sure hope the rumour isn't true.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2004, 12:49:15 PM »

Maybe thats WHY Buckethead left....he didn't like working the thought of working with a commercial song writer? You have to admit, one minute they're fucking around, probably coming up with all sorts of crazy cool shit, the next some guy is bought in to write radio friendly songs. Buckethead thinks thats it I've had enough and then Axl says in the press release how this will give us the opportunity to move forward with the recording process?

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2004, 12:51:07 PM »

Desmond Child has also worked with Aerosmith, and that's approximately when they started going downhill. I sure hope the rumour isn't true.

Oh hell, I hope we don't end up with a bunch of soppy ballads in cheesy hollywood films.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2004, 12:51:13 PM »

ANyways he could higher hanson's writers and make great music because in the end he has to approve everything..

I just want to know why the new group needs anyone else besides theemselves writing the material..? Seems like a million hands have touched this album ?Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2004, 12:53:10 PM »

I sure second Pandora n Scabbie. Hmmm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has the supposed information that was going to be released on Friday already been posted at the rumour board?

I didn't know It has been already friday. I feel hell silly. ?Angry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: