Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 07:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash saying some people think Axl using the Guns N' Roses name is "sacrilage"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash saying some people think Axl using the Guns N' Roses name is "sacrilage"  (Read 4037 times)
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: December 07, 2004, 08:52:41 PM »

Okay, we all (well most of us) saw Behind The Music where Slash says somethign to the effect of "yeah, some people say Axl doing that [using the name Guns N' Roses to refer to the new band and perform songs under that name] is sacrilage".

I just saw Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave Kushner performing Paradise City on the Jimmy Kimmel show with Cypress Hill.

Cypress Fucking Hill!?!

I knew that this performance had happened, but hadn't seen it before, it's available at www.slashonline.com in the Downloads section.

Slash wants to talk about sacrilage?! That was the single worst performance of PC I've ever seen, I had to watch a performance by Guns N' Roses (New band) just to get it out of my mind!

Sorry, just something I had to get off my chest...  Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:08:29 PM »

I Never thought it was anything special, I doubt it was meant to be something amazing.. I thought it was cool to see the crowd into it and just to see the guys play..

funny you had to watch new gnr instead of old hihi
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:13:18 PM »

Slash never said that he thought it was sacrilage, but that "some people" think it is sacrilege.  And performing PC with Cypress Hill is no different than Axl performing all the old Gn'r hits with a guy from N' Sync (Fortus). 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 09:15:46 PM »

a guy from N' Sync (Fortus
last time i checked fortus wasnt dancing on a string in those videos

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 09:57:42 PM »

C'mon... Fortus was a musician, he wasn't part of N'Sync and we all know it...

And these pathetic pop singers got some great musicians playing with them in the studio... well, they're paid for it. It's a job.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 10:02:51 PM »

I am not the biggest supporter of the new gnr but knocking fortus for being a session musician is kind of lame. Even Jimmy Page was a session musician at one time. Doesn't mean selling out or anything, holy hell.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 10:19:18 PM »

That Kimmel show happened months and months ago...early 2003 if I remember correctly (march something). I like Cypress Hill so I didn't mind but I understand how people could get offended by it.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 12:11:03 AM »

Okay, we all (well most of us) saw Behind The Music where Slash says somethign to the effect of "yeah, some people say Axl doing that [using the name Guns N' Roses to refer to the new band and perform songs under that name] is sacrilage".

I just saw Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave Kushner performing Paradise City on the Jimmy Kimmel show with Cypress Hill.

Cypress Fucking Hill!?!

I knew that this performance had happened, but hadn't seen it before, it's available at www.slashonline.com in the Downloads section.

Slash wants to talk about sacrilage?! That was the single worst performance of PC I've ever seen, I had to watch a performance by Guns N' Roses (New band) just to get it out of my mind!

Sorry, just something I had to get off my chest...? Wink

I could care less, but it's not as though Slash, Duff, Matt, Dave & Cypress Hill were calling themselves Guns N' Roses when they performed PC.

Anyway, I thought their version rocked! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 04:49:35 AM »

What does sacrilage means, that axl went commercial?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 07:11:14 AM »

They may not have been calling themselves Guns N' Roses at the moment they were raping the classic known as Paradise City, but it was still Slash and Duff, and the credibility of those two names took a hefty punch. That "performance" was the saddest thing I've ever seen, it made the guys look utterly pathetic.

Norway, sacrilege is blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »

Slash never said that he thought it was sacrilage, but that "some people" think it is sacrilege.? And performing PC with Cypress Hill is no different than Axl performing all the old Gn'r hits with a guy from N' Sync (Fortus).?

I know, that's what I said in my post.

Thing is, Fortus is a session musician, he played in the style of N'Sync's songs, he then played in the style of Guns N' Roses for the new band. The guys in Cypress Hill didn't even get the lyrics right for half of that song.

That Kimmel show happened months and months ago...early 2003 if I remember correctly (march something). I like Cypress Hill so I didn't mind but I understand how people could get offended by it.

It doesn't matter when it was to me, the fact is they still actually did it. I like a few Cypress Hill tracks myself, but to me they just butchered that song. At least Axl found replacement musicians that can perform to the same calibre of Slash and Co.

They may not have been calling themselves Guns N' Roses at the moment they were raping the classic known as Paradise City, but it was still Slash and Duff, and the credibility of those two names took a hefty punch. That "performance" was the saddest thing I've ever seen, it made the guys look utterly pathetic.

Norway, sacrilege is blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character.

I couldn't agree more, dude.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 04:00:06 PM »

Slash never said that he thought it was sacrilage, but that "some people" think it is sacrilege.? And performing PC with Cypress Hill is no different than Axl performing all the old Gn'r hits with a guy from N' Sync (Fortus).?

Yeah, and The Rolling Stones played live with Justin Timberlake. What's your point?

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: