Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:23:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?  (Read 9159 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 09:26:15 AM »

I love Motley Crue...my second fave band after GNR. They're doing Allstate Arena in Chicago. Somebody find out what numbers GNR sold there and compare to the Crue. Might be interesting.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 10:01:45 AM »

Ok well as we all know Motley is gearing up for a new tour..then a supposed new album after the greatest hits which would mean a follow up tour then proabaly a farewell...And as has been rumoured GNR are shooting for a febuary release..which would mean these guys would proabaly have the chances to play festivals and be at awards shows together...Anyone think there is any chance of the Axl VS Vince saga to continue or do you think its been buried?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2004, 10:45:35 AM »

Ok well as we all know Motley is gearing up for a new tour..then a supposed new album after the greatest hits which would mean a follow up tour then proabaly a farewell...And as has been rumoured GNR are shooting for a febuary release..which would mean these guys would proabaly have the chances to play festivals and be at awards shows together...Anyone think there is any chance of the Axl VS Vince saga to continue or do you think its been buried?

That thing is so dead and buried.. That's how I feel, those guys were big during that time, it's time to move on.. Plus axl was defedning izzy at the time..

I like how tommy lee was asked why theyd di this or how it came together, he said they were asked by a few promoters and the fans were really asking for this and they got together and now they are doing it.. I'm sure money was a big issue as well, but nice to hear the fans were apart of the reason..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »

Personally I don't think Motley Crue will influence Axl or the success or failure of his new band. I'm quite up for seeing MC live (and the Dirt if its ever released as a film), but I'm not really taking their re-union seriously.

What is apparent, is that next year seems like a real 80's rock/heavy metal revival - Iron Maiden, Judas Priest & Motley Crue all touring with the original members. If the press picks up on this and Axl just happens to release the album, maybe he'll be closely associated with these bands....which maybe a good or bad thing.

Here today...ready to rock
RiotinPhilly
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004, 01:30:52 PM »

People DO want to hear new music from GnR, specifically Axl.

If by "people" you mean the members of this board. ?I don't think anyone else really cares about Axl or what he is up to. ?I would almost be just as satisfied to hear a new Poison album; at least they know how to treat their fans and show up on time (despite C.C. being a total junkie).
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2004, 03:24:47 PM »

I hate hearing the word 80's band, don't you?

Just because gnr, motley crue etc kicked ass also in this period, they're that Roll Eyes

It's cool that motley just go out there and do it, i liked their first gig this year,

it's funny, larry have no idea what he's talking about, right click ok
http://files.foundrymusic.com/WMV/12062004_larryking_motleycrue.zip

If Rockers makes it good, it could secure gnr more commercial success and interest,
so in a weird way yes, in affecting the badly, no
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 04:44:59 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
RichardNixon
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2004, 05:41:25 PM »

The new Motley Crue tour is going to bomb. They'll be lucky if they pull in 5000 fans at most shows. Their new best of will bomb to. A Crue reunion is about as exciting as a Quarter Flash reunion.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2004, 05:58:43 PM »

The new Motley Crue tour is going to bomb. They'll be lucky if they pull in 5000 fans at most shows. Their new best of will bomb to. A Crue reunion is about as exciting as a Quarter Flash reunion.

So negative, hate to burst that bubble you live in but as many people that don't want to see an original motley crue lineup reunite there are also that feel the same about a gnr reunion without gnr aka new gnr.. SO at leas understand everything we might think is stupid other appreciate same goes for what we like..

PS I think the crue rocks and would love to see them jam again..
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »

I dont see how crue affects Gn'r

They just thought Id know better. Better.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2004, 07:49:54 AM »

maybe the fued with Neil n' Rose will be reserected, overall, i see it as two great bands back in buisness ok

how are two great bands back in buisness??? Gnr havent done shit since 02.... its weeks away from being 2005.....

GnR and Axl are far from being back in buisness.....

Metallica Man
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2004, 08:23:33 PM »

I agree that the Crue reunion will in no way effect GnR's success,but I do think its good to see these bands back on tour. There was good music in the 80's and they are actually still around and able to rock...
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2004, 10:29:53 PM »

Among 80s hard rock bands, Motley were always closest to GnR in music, intensity, and image. I can still listen to Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil and get (almost) as excited as I do listening to Appetite.

Motley came before Guns and in some ways set the stage for them, and Motley are the only band that could be mentioned in the same breath as far as energy and impact. They are not Poison, Warrant, Trixter, Whitesnake, et al. The only 80s hard rock band you might put up at that level is Def Leppard.

(Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen, etc are 70s bands and not in this discussion.)

So with that said, I do think a successful Motley Crue tour and successful album sales might be a useful vanguard for GNR. As an example, look how many pop-punk jobs Green Day have created. There is always a domino effect in these things. Sometimes the band that follows is a pale immitation, sometimes it is the proverbial "other shoe" dropping and takes the captive audience created by the other guy and blows everyone away. Music people love the comfy feeling knowing that people are into a certain style of music or are nostalgic for a certain genre. When the Beatles succeeded with 1, Elvis followed with his hits compilation. Another example of trend following.

Conversely, a cool reaction to Motley might cause very slight problems for the money people who would otherwise be dump money into promotion and support for Axl and his band.

Overall, I think Interscope has a plan for CD and will follow it more or less regardless of other bands actions, but they may be somewhat calmed to know that there is a market interest for GNR's closest kin.

I've seen enough.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 10:43:47 PM »

I can still listen to Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil and get (almost) as excited as I do listening to Appetite.

They are not Poison, Warrant, Trixter, Whitesnake, et al. The only 80s hard rock band you might put up at that level is Def Leppard.

(

Me2 love these album, if rockers like these makes themselfes poular and welcomed-

-things looks good for a name as gunsnroses, then it depends most on the music

edit: if rocks gets a little more mainstream...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 10:47:03 PM by norway » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 10:51:57 PM »

The success of Motley Crue has no impact on GN'R whatsoever.

Nor will it inspire a reunion. Any chance of that was buried when Axl took the stage with his new band and made it official. It will never happen.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2004, 08:42:01 AM »

I love motley, but I don't think it's comparable to GnR. Motley is reforming the original lineup,
and interest is already very high. They are playing 10,000 - 17,,000 seat arenas, and should do pretty well. I'm not sure how high ticket prices will be.
Motley released 5 Cds in the 80s, and since have released three studio CDS and various boxed sets and greatest hits compilations. I don't think a ton of people are really that interested in hearing new music from Motley Crue. They just want to see the original band back together. People DO want to hear new music from GnR, specifically Axl.
Motley has released a ton of music, and only some of it really stood the test of time. GnR
hasn't released nearly enough, and most of it HAS stood the test of time.
Despire Axl's psychosis, GnR remain much more viable to release new music in 2005
than Motley.
GnR played them same huge arenas on the 2002 tour.  I doubt Crue could fill 10,000 seat much the larger ones they are shooting for.  Rock isnt that hot right now and unless crue gets some mid size band to open their arenas are gonna be 50% full at best.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2004, 08:46:29 AM »

If motley crue makes it hotter...

then gnr could win at this, so it's a win-win situation? beer

but i doubt gnr needs any of it, hah ok
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 08:48:32 AM by norway » Logged

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2004, 09:11:32 AM »

"If motley crue makes it hotter..."

I don't see that happening. Although I do really like the Crue, There are not many big rockers who can fill 15-17,000 seat arenas by themselfs. Kiss is out with Poison, Metallica recruited Godsmack, ect.  You need two good rock acts to fill that many seats.  I am sure cruee could easily get 5,000 people a city but if they think they can fill arenas by themselfs they need to wake up from their 1986 dream. I just seen a Scorpion/Telsa concert in a 10,000 seat arena and there was maybe 2500 people there, right now it just seems Hip Hop and Country are ontop and you need to be on their level to play the big arenas.  I don't think Crue will affect GnR at all. For one thing Crue is touring on their greatest hits saying almost goodbye where as GnR is trying to start over.  THeir greatest hits wont recruite that many new fans where it is gonna change rock as we know it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2004, 09:26:28 AM »

sellin out huge arenas and being hot, being comercially succsesful don't need to correspond, even though tthey often do-
 gnr were really hot before they could sell-out arenas every night

but gnr have already company-backup, and music is very potent so that means more than what's in at the time yes

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2004, 09:36:15 AM »

Motley Crue ?
I've Never heard of them.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2004, 07:24:59 PM »

TO stay on TOPIC. If the crue can have success with this tour. It should be easy for AXL to out do them condsidering Vince Neil now sings like the biggest wanker ive ever heard.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: