Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?  (Read 9157 times)
bucketman
Headliner

« on: December 07, 2004, 02:02:48 PM »

It will be interesting to see how Motley Crue's new Anthology collection and upcoming tour will be. I know that they are planning a plethora of dates in the Europe which will most likely be successful, but here stateside could be a different story. I haven't checked on the venues yet, but it will be interesting to see if they choose to do 2 to 3 thousand intimate settings, or go the stadium route. If they do in fact go the stadium route ( a big mistake in my mind), I would love to see how it compared to the 2002 gnr tour. But one thing that really perplexes me is how the overall public will respond to the tour, and new music (even though I think only a couple of songs are new on the cd). I have heard the new song, and I think it's great by Motley Crue standards, and just so-so by musical standards. The reason I differentiate is because I think they suck, and I hated their music in the 80's, and I hate their music still, so by that judgement I hate the new song less. But this isn't about the Crue. I just want to see if their new arrival and tour early next year impacts the release of CD in February, and the overall response to both. For instance, if it's a shitty show, and Vince Neil appears like he has in recent appearances as a fat, has-been, hopefully people won't jump to conclusion that GNR will be the same. What do you guys think?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 02:16:24 PM »

Im not sure because its more of a comeback.reunion thing is it not? I dont know much about the situation but from what I know its more of them reuniting,etc. So in that regard it wouldnt be a good gauge.

GNR is an old name but new product with new people. They arent going to be pushing the past. SO Im not sure it its a good comparison. But lets see how the Crue do...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 03:47:40 PM »

The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?    No.

@#$%Funker
bucketman
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 03:57:17 PM »

The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?? ? No.

@#$%Funker

Do you have a reason for this opinion or is it complete unmerited?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:08:32 PM »

People actually are excited about the Crue reunion, its getting alot of main stream press coverage. That is mostly due to the fact it is the original line-up re-uniting though, as they had recently been at each others throats and a re-union was not looking very likely. We will see how they do(I do think attendance will be outstanding at the tour which will go a long way in determining their future endeavors.)

Their situation is like comparing apples to oranges in reference to GNR. Gnr is a old brand new, with a new recipe. The Crue is also an old brand, but is operating as the original line-up....so they will do well strictly on the novelty of seeing the group back together who started it all.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 04:29:51 PM »

Though Motley is widely associated with GNR, I'm not sure if their reformation is any kind of barometer to measure New GNR. ?

The general public knows who's in the Crue while they're either under the impression GNR is still together in it's original form, broken up or have no idea who the guys in the band are..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 04:44:20 PM »

nothing can impact GN'R. they're not doing anything. so the world could turn to chaos and still it wouldn't make a difference.

Chinese Democracy!
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 04:46:28 PM »

I love motley, but I don't think it's comparable to GnR. Motley is reforming the original lineup,
and interest is already very high. They are playing 10,000 - 17,,000 seat arenas, and should do pretty well. I'm not sure how high ticket prices will be.
Motley released 5 Cds in the 80s, and since have released three studio CDS and various boxed sets and greatest hits compilations. I don't think a ton of people are really that interested in hearing new music from Motley Crue. They just want to see the original band back together. People DO want to hear new music from GnR, specifically Axl.
Motley has released a ton of music, and only some of it really stood the test of time. GnR
hasn't released nearly enough, and most of it HAS stood the test of time.
Despire Axl's psychosis, GnR remain much more viable to release new music in 2005
than Motley.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 06:58:51 PM »

they doing spectrum schools out in norway, brides where there,

I don't think it will affect gnr too much, you know, judaspriest releases a reunion album in feb and alslo touring 05
Looks like a intresting year Cheesy

hopefully gnr will get out and kick ass so we get a lots of rockers outhere in 05 peace

I like motley crue...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 07:04:06 PM »

It will be interesting to see how Motley Crue's new Anthology collection and upcoming tour will be. I know that they are planning a plethora of dates in the Europe which will most likely be successful, but here stateside could be a different story. I haven't checked on the venues yet, but it will be interesting to see if they choose to do 2 to 3 thousand intimate settings, or go the stadium route. If they do in fact go the stadium route ( a big mistake in my mind), I would love to see how it compared to the 2002 gnr tour. But one thing that really perplexes me is how the overall public will respond to the tour, and new music (even though I think only a couple of songs are new on the cd). I have heard the new song, and I think it's great by Motley Crue standards, and just so-so by musical standards. The reason I differentiate is because I think they suck, and I hated their music in the 80's, and I hate their music still, so by that judgement I hate the new song less. But this isn't about the Crue. I just want to see if their new arrival and tour early next year impacts the release of CD in February, and the overall response to both. For instance, if it's a shitty show, and Vince Neil appears like he has in recent appearances as a fat, has-been, hopefully people won't jump to conclusion that GNR will be the same. What do you guys think?

maybe the fued with Neil n' Rose will be reserected, overall, i see it as two great bands back in buisness ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 07:27:26 PM »

Everytime something happens it either opens a door or closes one for chinese d, I think the crue has nothing to do with anything that might happen to new gnr..

It sems like whenever a big artist or someone from the past is doing something some way we try and fit gnr into the mix..

The things that will effect new gnr is the way they approach this, the videos, single, promotion etc, all the other bands could fall offf the face of the earth, everyting is in axl's hands..

I love the crue, but they hold a label when it comes tot ehir music,when one thinks sthe crue they think 80's hair band..
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 09:32:17 PM »

I'll agree and say the two are completely different situtations...people will be going to the Crue show to hear the hits...let's face it, the last time the original line-up reunited, "Generation Swine" wasn't exactly a barn-burning success. People have been waiting for Axl's NEW material for awhile, and most schooled metal/hard rock fans know it ain't the old GnR line-up who'll be putting it out. The only parallel I can maybe see to GnR thing is the Crue's tour imploding like GnR's 2002 tour... because the Motley guys really still don't like each other or b/c they get stupid and assault security, like they did on their last reunion swing.

If Axl gets it together, it'll be an interesting year in rock though. And there aint been too many of those in a long while.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 10:48:37 PM »

I was thinking about something similar to this before I saw it on the board. But my thought was more along the lines of "The Darkness, Silvertide, and now a Motley Crue reunion all getting mainstream attention in the year 2004? Frickin' Motley Crue? Where ARE you, Axl?".
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 11:28:53 PM »

The only possible way I think this could effect the Nu Gn'R is if the Motley Crue reunion is so utterly successful that somewhere down the line Axl has thoughts of reuniting the old band together.

Neither of those scenarios would ever happen, a Motley Crue reunion being successful and Axl thinking.  hihi Just kiddin'

No I think there is very little or no impact at all
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 12:19:45 AM »

Posted by: Furious Styles?
The only possible way I think this could effect the Nu Gn'R is if the Motley Crue reunion is so utterly successful that somewhere down the line Axl has thoughts of reuniting the old band together.

I totally agree with you and, fingers crossed, if Motley's reunioun tour is successful maybe just maybe Axl and the other four originals may follow suit and do their own reunion tour.? And I know I am dreaming but hey dreams are free and it would be fantastic if it happened!

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Spartikcus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 12:55:34 AM »

Seeing as how the Motley Crue reunion tour was highly unlikely until now,
maybe this can show a chance for the original GNR lineup getting back together?
I would give it about around 5 - 7 more years. Undecided
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 01:16:35 AM »

i just hope they don't sell out MSG because I plan on buying tickets the day of the show
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 07:52:18 AM »

Seeing as how the Motley Crue reunion tour was highly unlikely until now,
maybe this can show a chance for the original GNR lineup getting back together?
I would give it about around 5 - 7 more years. Undecided

To be honest I hope both new bands (new gnr ,vr) have a long successfull life and hopefully one day the old guys play together for one last time..

Axl has so much invested in this new group, and so do the members that have been doing a circle jerk waiting for their material to be heard, so for that reason I hope it doesn't happen until each person gets what they want out of the band..
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 08:14:36 AM »

The success of Motley Crue could impact Guns N' Roses?? ? No.

@#$%Funker

Do you have a reason for this opinion or is it complete unmerited?

The way I see it, new GNR and Motley Crue are in no way linked whatsoever.

Even if the motley crue reunion suddenly starts a huge demand for 80's rock bands, that's just not what GNR is anymore.

I can tell you one thing for certain, Axl don't give a shit about what motley crue are doin.

@#$%Funker
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 08:22:20 AM »

agreed...it actually put me off when I heard they were doing the reunion thing...I mean, been there, done that...it's just for money...granted they're entertaining, but geez, it just seems like a confirmation of the sad state rock n roll...but hey, if they can get some money from folks who wanna relive their high school years...why not
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: