Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 05:22:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Philly Riot 2nd Anniversery Today
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Philly Riot 2nd Anniversery Today  (Read 2605 times)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« on: December 07, 2004, 12:16:46 PM »

Tonight is the anniversery of the infamous GNR no-show in Philadelphia, marking the second riot of the North American leg of the tour.  Two years later, there is still no official explanation, except for the announcement that evening, that a band member was ill.  Everyone says that an official announcement from the GNR camp is not possible due to legal reasons.  Now that two years have past, hopefully the legal issues are resolved soon, so we can put an end to this unfortunate mystery. 

If this is a Dead Horse, move it there.  Just wanted to point out it has been 2 years now.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 12:22:24 PM »

Yes I was recovering from my msg hangover..

So what has been the official reason it was a no show, basketbal, fur coat, contract problems, flu, etc.

I wanted to say lets say clearchannel n axl/gnr were trying to switch teh deal because of teh riot n lost money, why would the two opening acts be on stage if cc pulled the plug prior to the show??
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:27:32 PM »

Tonight is the anniversery of the infamous GNR no-show in Philadelphia, marking the second riot of the North American leg of the tour.? Two years later, there is still no official explanation, except for the announcement that evening, that a band member was ill.? Everyone says that an official announcement from the GNR camp is not possible due to legal reasons.? Now that two years have past, hopefully the legal issues are resolved soon, so we can put an end to this unfortunate mystery.?

If this is a Dead Horse, move it there.? Just wanted to point out it has been 2 years now.

Such a shame.  Sad

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 01:57:57 PM »

Wow I forgot all about that...good news (if you're a glass is half full kind of person) Buckethead has gone to Philadelphia 4 times since then...someone loves us and he doesn't have to say a word 'cause his actions say it all...Thank you  Mr. Buckethead Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 02:36:19 PM »

Tommy's playing there on Wednesday and he played there in September too, so I guess he loves you as well.....

He's actually in GN'R, so I guess GN'R loves Philly.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 03:14:37 PM »

From the archives!? ?Grin

http://www.gunsnroses.us/history/fu2002.htm

Grin? o'yea.. this is why the internets is sorta kinda fun....

yes I took the pictures myself ...? DUUUUUCKKK!!!!!!!
-BP
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:16:35 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 10:50:19 PM »

Man, it's hard to believe it's been two years already.  I remember that night well. I was on the floor, about 5 rows from the stage. Mind you, I bought those tickets THAT NIGHT from the window. I had one ticket, but I wound up going with my boyfriend at the time (now my husband) and walked up to the window to buy tickets. When they told me they had floor seats, I was so excited. I remember watching CKY or whoever was on stage. And then waiting. And waiting. And, hmm.....it's going on 11. Stuff started flying from the upper tiers, and then behind us, and then the chairs. At some point some d*ck came onstage and said something, which I didn't hear. Like a moron I believed it would still happen. I refused to move. Eventually, I got the hint, and wanted out fast. In retrospect I wish I stayed behind and rioted with everyone else. I know I was so flustered when I got outside that I lapped the building three times trying to find my car. *sigh* I am sooooo glad I saw them at MSG.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: