Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nick Nolan auditioned for GN'R a few years ago?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nick Nolan auditioned for GN'R a few years ago?  (Read 9950 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 11:25:03 AM »

For some weird reason I still think that wasn't the deciding factor. According to several people, Buckethead can play. Wink

Well, if Axl did indeed give Nolans picture to his psychic, and she advised against him for whatever reason, then Bucketheads playing wouldnt have anything to do with it because its highly unlikely Axl wouldve accepted Nolan against his psychics wishes anyway.  Not to mention its probable that this ocurred before Buckethead even came into the picture.

So because Axl is into this goofy bullshit, its at least possible that Nolan is telling the truth.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 11:28:51 AM »

Even assuming Axl's psychic (if she exists) made that decision, that Nolan guy probably wouldn't know about it. He would have been given another reason for sure. So that story's a load of bull to me. Just like the RS article.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 11:32:17 AM »

Do people really think they choose Buckethead over this guy because Axl's psychic told him to?

And if you do believe that, why?

/jarmo

Does anything suprise you in regards to axl rose, I mean be honest he is the most bizarre person in rock, he comes back, he vanishes, he has all these albums never releases them, his members are sworn to secrets involving the work, missed shows no explanation two years later..Anyone else doing this to any other group of people we would all be laughing at them....

Like him or not the guy is extremly bizarre.. I heard he helped seal the deal with a leatherface doll with bh..

WHo else goes from being the biggest rocker to being the most reclusive, it's deifnetly marlon brando type of ways ,or barbra streisand..

I had heard the story you posted, but who knows if it's true, but again NOTHING suprises me with axl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »

I hope teh outcome of when cd comes out isn't being done with a mgic 8 ball,,SHOULD I RELEASE CD THIS MONTH, check back later, NO.. hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 11:42:53 AM »

Not sure if Nolan's story is actually the real deal or not, only Axl (and maybe Yoda) know that for sure.

That said, even the most loyal Axl follower must accept it could have possibly gone down that way
given Axl's penchant for less than stable behavior and decision making.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 11:46:02 AM »

Most bizarre person in rock? He didn't change his name to a symbol yet did he? Wink

Everybody seems to see him as this big asshole who only cares about himself and lets a psychic decide who joins the band. It's possible he does, it's also possible he asks Tommy for advice....

Which one fits the image of the weirdo better? "Axl asks psychic for advice" or "Axl asks bandmate to help recruit guitarist"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 11:49:32 AM »

I don't understand why people are like... "and why do you believe these stories..." yadda yadda...

I mean when you hear a bizarre story about someone you can be like... "that person who said it is full of shit, whatever." But, when you hear a bunch of stories from all types of different people who have nothing to gain by saying them, you have to step back and look at it from the outside. Just set aside the fact that axl is your hero... Why the fuck would this geek say this shit... and "supposedly" axl has mentioned showing pics to his psychic before. He has no reason to lie.   

It's a shame someone with this much talent lets dumb shit like this get in his way. Everyone has their compulsive shit... but I think Axl takes things too far....

Here's your answer as to why the album hasn't came out yet IMO:

Axl is a fucking nut case. He is extremely obsessive compulsive. People know he is an amazing musician/songwriter so nobody wants to step in and say "what the fuck are you doing?"  If you say something like that you get booted. Axl's mood is like a pitbull. Everyone in the band is on pins and needles just hoping Axl will get past this shit and release some great shit. Why do you think people keep dropping out... it's because the have waited and waited.

I had hoped that the seclusion would bring him back to reallity... but clearly he has sunken deeper into his fantasy axl world. Shit, his real name isn't even axl... I really do feel sorryfor him for all the shit that he has been through.  He needs help man... it's hard to deal with shit on your own.

I hope I'm wrong Axl, but people love you.... You need to accept that and get on with your life. Let the demons go bro..... Easier said than done I guess...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 12:01:59 PM »

Most bizarre person in rock? He didn't change his name to a symbol yet did he? Wink

Everybody seems to see him as this big asshole who only cares about himself and lets a psychic decide who joins the band. It's possible he does, it's also possible he asks Tommy for advice....

Which one fits the image of the weirdo better? "Axl asks psychic for advice" or "Axl asks bandmate to help recruit guitarist"?

/jarmo

I know he's no mj, or prince but he just does some weird things regarding his music..Of course there are worse, but if he would change his name to a symbol but release some music n tour then I would be very happy.. peace
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2004, 12:06:08 PM »

I know he's no mj, or prince but he just does some weird things regarding his music..Of course there are worse, but if he would change his name to a symbol but release some music n tour then I would be very happy.. peace

Exactly...

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2004, 12:39:45 PM »

There's nothing wrong with seeking advice from someone.  What's the difference between seeking advice from say, a pastor or other religious leader vs. seeking advice from another spiritual counselor (ie:  psychic)?

I don't believe that Axl bases his entire decision on the advice he seeks from a spiritual counselor... and I am sure that this is not the only reason why Nick Nolan wasn't asked to join Guns N' Roses.  This opinion is based upon several factors, including the fact that those that have worked with Axl (ie:  Zack Wylde) have stated that Axl is a smart guy.  I don't think a smart guy would base his entire decision only upon the advice from one person.

MJ is a freak because he seems to have unnatural relationships with young boys.  Don't pin Axl in the same category with an accused/alleged pedophile.

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2004, 01:33:40 PM »

axl said at rir3 that he takes a photo of every people who will be close to him, and gives it to his psychic, and she tells him how the person is by looking its eyes  peace [insert X-Files theme here]

ok, so if the showed the psychic a photo of buckethead, i'd really like to know if it was taken with or without the mask.  Grin

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Prince changing his name to a symbol was radical, but not that crazy.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2004, 01:46:28 PM »

axl said at rir3 that he takes a photo of every people who will be close to him, and gives it to his psychic, and she tells him how the person is by looking its eyes? peace [insert X-Files theme here]

ok, so if the showed the psychic a photo of buckethead, i'd really like to know if it was taken with or without the mask.? Grin

And what kind of psychic could Yoda or whatshername be, if they chose the betrayer Buckethead. ?hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2004, 01:55:29 PM »

Everybody seems to see him as this big asshole who only cares about himself and lets a psychic decide who joins the band

As Axl said in Pitt..."I'll read something, then call someone and they'll say 'I didn't know that' and then add, 'oh yeah, I did hear about that."

or....for those that want to believe this story...

How important is Yoda to Axl? One associate says Yoda's influence, while important, is tempered by the force of Axl's personality; "He wasn't turning his life over to somebody with a candle and a crystal. I say that with every confidence. It's just not consistent with who he is. He makes his own decisions."

but think as you may....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2004, 02:01:27 PM »

Boring!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2004, 02:49:10 PM »

How important is Yoda to Axl? One associate says Yoda's influence, while important, is tempered by the force of Axl's personality; "He wasn't turning his life over to somebody with a candle and a crystal. I say that with every confidence. It's just not consistent with who he is. He makes his own decisions."

Look your argument as to why he isn't crazy is just as much bullshit as someone who says he is. There is evidence of both. Who the fuck is this "associate" anyway? Axl is a great artist...  99% (yes I made that number up) of the best artists in our history have been a little "different" than the norm. It's why we love him. Stop being in denial. Yes he is a bit looney... but that isn't always a bad thing. It just sucks that his music has to suffer because of it.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2004, 03:03:28 PM »

Anyway, they say that decision-makers in many big organizations check with fortune-tellers n stuff for reference when they are at a loss which to choose after conducting all the possible examinations and considerations.
Haven?t you ever seen or read the horoscope columns in the paper? Like Tied-Up said, There's nothing wrong with it.

But, ?Try and imagine that,
Axl called and told him "Sorry, mate. I like you but my mum said I can?t play with you. She doesn?t like your face." or the management called and told him?

This is freakish. hihi
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2004, 03:14:15 PM »

Anyway, they say that decision-makers in many big organizations check with fortune-tellers n stuff for reference when they are at a loss which to choose after conducting all the possible examinations and considerations.
Haven?t you ever seen or read the horoscope columns in the paper? Like Tied-Up said, There's nothing wrong with it.

Axl can do anything, some of you would still say, it's normal. The ones who belive in horoscopes where you read that you should be careful not to have a car accident that day, these people are just fuckin' insane. You can believe just some politicians are extraterrestials, but in that case you are crazy as hell. When company leaders consult with gurus it's because they are so deep in the shit and so wasted that they can't do anything. Whn you get an e-mail saying that if you send it to 10 persons, you'll have big luck, if not, you'll be miserable and won't have fortune in love - if you forward this message, you are crazy. Consulting with your guru means you are totally out of your tiny little mind, mate.

And I feel sorry for those who can't see a difference between asking a priest's advice or calling up Mrs. Lucky Luckily or Yoda.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2004, 03:24:38 PM »

Do you really think this Nick Nolan guy would put in this self-promotion article something like "yeah, he was auditioned for GN'R a few years ago but he wasn't good enough for the band"HuhHuh??  Roll Eyes
Some of you needs to bash Axl everytime someone else put some kind of joke.  rant
Blame Axl - he's nuts - and blame Canada.  peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2004, 04:01:14 PM »

Axl can do anything, some of you would still say, it's normal. The ones who belive in horoscopes where you read that you should be careful not to have a car accident that day, these people are just fuckin' insane. You can believe just some politicians are extraterrestials, but in that case you are crazy as hell. When company leaders consult with gurus it's because they are so deep in the shit and so wasted that they can't do anything. Whn you get an e-mail saying that if you send it to 10 persons, you'll have big luck, if not, you'll be miserable and won't have fortune in love - if you forward this message, you are crazy. Consulting with your guru means you are totally out of your tiny little mind, mate.

And I feel sorry for those who can't see a difference between asking a priest's advice or calling up Mrs. Lucky Luckily or Yoda.
Are you talking about yourself? Obviously you haven't read the post you quoted.

Anyway so you're saying Zep members were totally out of their tiny little minds, mate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: