Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  :idea: female gunner?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: :idea: female gunner?  (Read 16699 times)
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2004, 05:54:13 AM »

People, although the idea would be seductive, don't be fooled.

Have you never worked in an environment with all males and all of a sudden, 1 unique woman comes in to work ?

Well, first of all, someone is bound to shag her ( have sex with her), secondly, women being women, friendships between men will turn sour because of her " opinion" on everyone, thirdly, the two having sex ( her and whoever) could not turn up for rehearsals and shit, having better things to do ( if you see what i mean) and fourthly, men do not have periods. Women do. 1 week a month, every month, having to carefully watch out how one talks to her ? Nice work atmosphere if you ask me !

Never EVER bring 1 woman in an all male environment.

That was very honest. I guess you're right.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2004, 08:28:31 AM »

My point, they don't appreciate it but many will learn to live with it, especially if the music is good.

Add a woman, and they won't - it'll be a far greater departure from what GNR used to be, than just changing members.

There's a huge difference between those scenarios.

@#$%Funker

What are you talking about?

GNR isn't the same anymore.? You're telling me there are levels of GNR not being the same?

That's exactly what I am telling you. You think if you changed one member instead of all of them, that it would be the same?

If all the original band was there except Duff, you think people would think the same as they do now? Come on....

All in all:
Change band members = one level of change
Add a woman = another level of change

It may be down to people being sexist, or not liking the image for other reasons, but many fans will just not have a woman in the band although they will still listen to the current line up.

After all, people in this thread have said they don't want a woman in the band, but they are still here waiting for the new band to release an album.

@#$%Funker
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2004, 09:47:24 AM »

It has nothing to do with PC, man.? It has everything to do with drawing attention, however.? Besides Buckethead, I don't see any other male guitar player on Earth who could draw attention (both negative or positive).? Jeniffer Batten would stand out just like Slash and Buckethead.

again, why is it so laughable?

Because many rock bands can be considered the incarnation of masochism. It would be like having a guy fronting a feminist fraction or a black guy fronting KKK.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »

It has nothing to do with PC, man.? It has everything to do with drawing attention, however.? Besides Buckethead, I don't see any other male guitar player on Earth who could draw attention (both negative or positive).? Jeniffer Batten would stand out just like Slash and Buckethead.

again, why is it so laughable?

Because many rock bands can be considered the incarnation of masochism. It would be like having a guy fronting a feminist fraction or a black guy fronting KKK.

I see what you're saying, but this GNR isn't the same GNR from the past.

T.T.
?.?.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2004, 10:12:23 AM »

My point, they don't appreciate it but many will learn to live with it, especially if the music is good.

Add a woman, and they won't - it'll be a far greater departure from what GNR used to be, than just changing members.

There's a huge difference between those scenarios.

@#$%Funker

What are you talking about?

GNR isn't the same anymore.? You're telling me there are levels of GNR not being the same?

It may be down to people being sexist, or not liking the image for other reasons, but many fans will just not have a woman in the band although they will still listen to the current line up.

After all, people in this thread have said they don't want a woman in the band, but they are still here waiting for the new band to release an album.

@#$%Funker

That brings up another question...

Would people listen to Guns N' Roses if they had a female guitar player? or would they suddenly boycott GNR?

T.T.
?.?.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2004, 11:03:13 AM »

Actually, Many people in this thread have said they'd welcome or don't mind a woman player as far as she's damn good at it and relates with the band.
And also I find that fans who accept the new band tend not to buck the idea of a female guitarist.
(It's a damn good  topic.? Wink)

Yes, the image of GNR has changed but I feel the spirit of the band remains the same. Or rather, it might be more definite now. ?
To my thought it?s about the freedom. It challenges the restraints from negative creeds And overcome.

The fans who were only after the image they got from old GNR ?have already left. Still some keep whining here n there. They never try to get below the surface with it. like Timmy said, They will never accept any level of alteration to the image from that of '93 or '96, as if they've stopped growing since those points. So why should one give a fuck?

Anyhow,?no worries. There're billions of other fishes on earth waiting for kickass music.?
They will listen to Guns N' Roses if they like the music.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 11:47:44 AM »

If this fantasy girl could play, I'd be all for it. I wouldn't care if she's attractive. I wouldn't care if she stuck out from everyone else. I wouldn't care if she changed the image of the band a little (always a good thing), and I'm disappointed that so many other people on here *would* care... Bah. Kurt Cobain was right about GNR fans...
jgfnsr
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2004, 12:36:16 PM »

If this fantasy girl could play, I'd be all for it. I wouldn't care if she's attractive. I wouldn't care if she stuck out from everyone else. I wouldn't care if she changed the image of the band a little (always a good thing), and I'm disappointed that so many other people on here *would* care... Bah. Kurt Cobain was right about GNR fans...

Kurt was a spineless, pathetic excuse for a man that got bossed around by Courtney.

Granted Axl was a little too far on the other end of the scale...

A few chairs thrown here and there is one thing.  But the cat-box?  C'mon Axl, that's just weeeiiird.  nervous

« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 03:05:13 PM by TheDude » Logged
jgfnsr
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2004, 12:54:14 PM »

I'm no feminist, but you all are fucking misogynists. Listen to L7, especially their album for Bricks Are Heavy . . . then come back and tell me it's "gay."

By the way, they covered Used to Love [Him].

Huh?

Mi...so...gyn...ist?

Is that a bad thing?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 02:48:33 PM by TheDude » Logged
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2004, 04:36:42 PM »

Just because you haven't heard of her, doesn't mean she doesn't exist.  I've mentioned Jennifer Batten numerous times. 

NOW CHECK HER THE FUCK OUT!   ok

T.T.
?.?.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2004, 10:07:54 AM »

Links?

Lots of girl-musicans outhere ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2004, 06:01:55 AM »

Hmmm, don't really see it happning, but would n't mind. As long as she's good enough...

My vote goes to Lisa Marx of Kittie. Don't want to break up Kittie as they are baddass! But she's is way hot and a real good player.

[/http://www.kittie.net/gallery.php?action=viewImage&id=107

She is the blonde one on the right...

ok

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
kiss-from-a-rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2004, 11:45:51 AM »

For my grandmother's sake, get Slash back!  Cry

If not, I'd see someone like Gail Ann Dorsey (ex NIN, act. in Bowie's band);
a talented beautiful black lady version solo guitar player ( dunno if she exists anyway....)
 ok

Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2004, 05:07:18 PM »

A female guitarist in Guns N' Roses?!?

BAH!? rant

Women's role in rock n' roll :

1) Fans
2) Groupies
3) Sometimes they make good singers (but that job is obviously already taken in GN'R)? ok

I can't believe reading crap like this!  Women's "role" in rock???  I'll tell you my role---to kick ur ideas to the trash (where you'd be rummiging thru the garbage!)
I can't belive such stone-age bullsh*t I'm reading here!
what a load of crap!
what's the big diffenernce if there was a woman in the band? for all you know buckethead may have been female!  (ha!)
give me a break--it's just that women are less likely to be accepted into the rock world.  Sure we have Janis Joplin, Courtney Love, Melissa A.D.M (who loves gnr by the way), Blondie, Joan Jett,....but not enough women lean towards the rock an' roll lifestyle such as taking drugs, partying it up in the garage while practicing with thier band, and being a drop out!  They're busy workin hard and earning $$!
GNR represent a "f*ck you" attitude...and a women can stand behind that belief just as a man can.
As for this whole, "the chick should look hot"---I agree, but then the rest of the current band members better get on that treadmill, lift those weights, and look hot along with her!
....it shouldn't matter what gender, colour, size, shape, etc. the new band member is---GNR was a mish-mash of ecclectic ppl brought together from all different backgrounds (Axl-white trash--sorry, but it's true---still love him), Duff (punk rocker with catholic upbringing), Slash (multi-cultural/artsy family) and thats what made them work!  So adding estrogen to mix may add another interesting influence!

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2004, 09:28:48 AM »

fully comitted to her instrument and performance,

she could kick serious ass ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2004, 02:26:12 PM »

Having seen Ash support The Darkness at Wembley last night, I came to the conclusion that Charlotte Hatherley is a better singer and guitar player than Ash frontman Tim Hamilton. Shocked

And having heard her debut album 'Grey Will Fade' she is an awesome songwriter in her own right, with an album almost as trong as Tommy's 'Village Gorilla Head'. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
ChristineP
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2004, 02:46:36 PM »

People, although the idea would be seductive, don't be fooled.

Have you never worked in an environment with all males and all of a sudden, 1 unique woman comes in to work ?

Well, first of all, someone is bound to shag her ( have sex with her), secondly, women being women, friendships between men will turn sour because of her " opinion" on everyone, thirdly, the two having sex ( her and whoever) could not turn up for rehearsals and shit, having better things to do ( if you see what i mean) and fourthly, men do not have periods. Women do. 1 week a month, every month, having to carefully watch out how one talks to her ? Nice work atmosphere if you ask me !

Never EVER bring 1 woman in an all male environment.

That was very honest. I guess you're right.

Oh whatever!!!,  I was part of my Ex-husbands band throughout recording process and every other steps.  I was the only girl around...We had fun and the band thought I was great...Period or not...This is the most arrogant and immature thing I have heard this year!  Look at how many women work in a professional environment surrounded by men...  Grow up!
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2004, 06:43:21 PM »

yeah, and we're also acting like someone who would have to be "in step" with this current line-up, let along gn'r in general, would be that fucking difficult!
jgfnsr
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2004, 07:57:55 PM »

A female guitarist in Guns N' Roses?!?

BAH!? rant

Women's role in rock n' roll :

1) Fans
2) Groupies
3) Sometimes they make good singers (but that job is obviously already taken in GN'R)? ok

I can't believe reading crap like this!? Women's "role" in rock?Huh I'll tell you my role---to kick ur ideas to the trash (where you'd be rummiging thru the garbage!)
I can't belive such stone-age bullsh*t I'm reading here!
what a load of crap!

You want me.  That's it, isn't it?  Don't deny it, hon.? It's bigger than the both of us.? yes

what's the big diffenernce if there was a woman in the band?

Do I really have to answer that for you?? Maybe it wouldn't make too much of a difference in a wuss band like, say, the Goo Goo Dolls.? But not Guns N' Fucking Roses.? no

for all you know buckethead may have been female!? (ha!)

I don't know a lot of girls named Brian.?

And if Bucket were a female, at that height, she wouldn't be playing guitar but getting paid $25,000 a year as the WNBA's top player. (ha!)? hihi

GNR represent a "f*ck you" attitude...and a women can stand behind that belief just as a man can.

You're confused.? GN'R represented the "fuck you" attitude.? To gain any interest a woman artist usually must attract the "I want to fuck you" attitude.? ok

As for this whole, "the chick should look hot"---I agree, but then the rest of the current band members better get on that treadmill, lift those weights, and look hot along with her!

Axl: "Hey, babe, we're rehearsing in here!? Women's-Lib class is at the community college two miles down the road!"? rant

So adding estrogen to mix may add another interesting influence!

Good point.? And, hey, maybe GN'R can play clips of Terms of Endearment or Beaches at their next concert.? Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:20:14 PM by TheDude » Logged
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2004, 09:20:10 PM »

You want me.? That's it, isn't it?? Don't deny it, hon.? It's bigger than the both of us.? yes!

you saw right through me honey!

what's the big diffenernce if there was a woman in the band?

Do I really have to answer that for you?? Maybe it wouldn't make too much of a difference in a wuss band like, say, the Goo Goo Dolls.? But not Guns N' Fucking Roses.? no!

I thought you loved the goo goo dolls---that's what your boyfriend said anyways!

for all you know buckethead may have been female!? (ha!)

I don't know a lot of girls named Brian.?

I know a woman named Brian, "jo' moma!"

You're confused.? GN'R represented the "fuck you" attitude.? To gain any interest a woman artist usually must attract the "I want to fuck you" attitude.? ok!

too bad no woman has those thoughts regarding yourself!? hihi

Axl: "Hey, babe, we're rehearsing in here!? Women's-Lib class is at the community college two miles down the road!"? rant!

Community college?? Try again honey.

So adding estrogen to mix may add another interesting influence!

Good point.? And, hey, maybe GN'R can play clips of Terms of Endearment or Beaches at their next concert.? Cheesy

and what exactly is wrong with that anyways?? what were u expecting??? Huh  Plus I heard you cried through those movies.

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: