Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  :idea: female gunner?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: :idea: female gunner?  (Read 16708 times)
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2004, 03:10:32 AM »

Of course the most important part is that a musician can play. But, no, I wouldn?t want a female guitarplayer in Guns N?Roses. It's been about drinking, screwing girls, taking drugs, being paranoid. I like some female rockers, but not in this band.  Of course, it's up to Axl....If he wants it, well he gets it!

And in that case, I'm fine with it.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2004, 07:01:48 AM »

They're not that type of band anymore.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2004, 07:46:16 AM »

Maybe, but most fans are from that era, and when you tell them that some different guys are in the band, they can still deal with it.

You tell em there's a woman in the band, they'll think "what the fuck? this isn't guns n roses, We're all going to hell in a hand basket if guns n roses have a woman in the band"

It's not right, but it's what would happen.

@#$%Funker
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2004, 07:53:51 AM »

A female gunner? No way, what so ever.

I see many people consider this an interesting idea, but I believe that's more a product of todays political correctness. A guy may not admit it, but a female in a male rock band is just laughable. Sure it may seem a bit 'cool', but that's more due to the fact that it's new and kind of controversial.

Don't you see the irony of a woman blasting riffs to You Could Be Mine or Sweet Child O Mine?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 07:55:43 AM »

A female member? Wasn't Slash asked in a interview once if he'd let a female in his band? I think he said no... bcoz they'd stick together better if it were all guys... or something

Fuck 'Em All.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2004, 08:25:20 AM »

I really like the new band yes
- and they seem to break som barriers already in what a rockband traditionally should consist of

and many think it sucks that buckethead is gone and that a replacement would be weak in any case...
it's both talent and the image he brought Undecided

but what about a female guitar player, that really know how to work it Cheesy

I think it would be sooo cool to see that, and that would be better than a guy replacing buckethead
dunno why, just think soo

motley crue had samantha maloney on drums for a while and it was really cool & sounded right Cool

how would you react, if gnr showed up with a female guitarist or playin other instruments, additional vocals etc cool?

yes or  no

Get a woman in and once everyone's had her, maybe they can destoy that band too ?

Nothing to say
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2004, 08:48:45 AM »

How about a female version of Buckethead?
catwoman maybe?

back on topic
Not a girl just because it's a girl, but it would be really cool headbanger

I'd like to see that, badgirls rock ok
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 09:25:17 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2004, 09:45:15 AM »

What about that chick who plays with MJ on Dirty Diana.. She looks like a rock n roll type of person, and she has the skills and everything, and she has experienced some succes, and are used to playin in front of large crowds...?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2004, 09:49:41 AM »

A Perfect Circle have a female member!

I think that's a bit outdated information... Paz left ages ago.

But back to the topic, I wouldn't mind at all if Gn'R would pick a hot guitar playing chick to be their third guitarist... Smiley

Na.. She was back on the latest album, Emotive. And did some tracks!

But back to topic!

If the female guitarist was damn good! It would rock! Better then the Bucketman....!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2004, 10:27:21 AM »

A female gunner? No way, what so ever.

I see many people consider this an interesting idea, but I believe that's more a product of todays political correctness. A guy may not admit it, but a female in a male rock band is just laughable. Sure it may seem a bit 'cool', but that's more due to the fact that it's new and kind of controversial.

It has nothing to do with PC, man.? It has everything to do with drawing attention, however.? Besides Buckethead, I don't see any other male guitar player on Earth who could draw attention (both negative or positive).? Jeniffer Batten would stand out just like Slash and Buckethead.

again, why is it so laughable?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 10:30:36 AM by Timmy » Logged

T.T.
?.?.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 10:33:39 AM »

Maybe, but most fans are from that era, and when you tell them that some different guys are in the band, they can still deal with it.

Those fans don't appreciate what Axl has done with the Guns N' Roses name.  They've since followed Velvet Revolver and their musical journey.

T.T.
?.?.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2004, 11:13:56 AM »

My point, they don't appreciate it but many will learn to live with it, especially if the music is good.

Add a woman, and they won't - it'll be a far greater departure from what GNR used to be, than just changing members.

There's a huge difference between those scenarios.

@#$%Funker
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »

My point, they don't appreciate it but many will learn to live with it, especially if the music is good.

Add a woman, and they won't - it'll be a far greater departure from what GNR used to be, than just changing members.

There's a huge difference between those scenarios.

@#$%Funker

What are you talking about?

GNR isn't the same anymore.  You're telling me there are levels of GNR not being the same?

Those fans who don't appreciate what Axl had done with the name follow Velvet Revolver, not the new Guns N' Roses.  It's a whole new band with a whole new direction.  They will never accept that.

T.T.
?.?.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 07:45:33 PM »

Girls are really great putting out an image, thats for sure

But we haven't seen anyone in, slash, jimi hendrix, buckethead etc-level in skills and and soundgoodness
have we?

It would be so cool to have a girl in gnr addin to the presence,but i haven't seen or heard a guitarplayer that could fit yet Undecided

Other instruments have i seen... bow

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2004, 07:59:23 PM »

Is this what the GNR community has come to?  Debating whether there should be a girl gunner?  This is an all time low point in the post-original-band era.  When fans have nothing more to discuss than the hypothetical possibility that GNR could recruit a girl guitarist, then things have truly hit bottom in the nu-GNR world.

There has been a growing sense in this community that CD is not close to being released.  I sense it here and at mygnr.  More people every day are starting to realize that this thing is not any closer to seeing the light of day than it was 2 years ago when the tour failed.  Am I being paranoid, or are even the hard core optomists starting to see the reality of the situation? 

On topic, I would welcome a girl gunner if it meant we would have CD soon.  I would welcome a gay midget bongo player if it meant we could get CD soon.  This is starting to look hopeless at this point.  I hope that one of these days I'll come here and see some good news, but I have my doubts that will happen in 2004 or 2005.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2004, 08:32:13 PM »

When fans have nothing more to discuss than the hypothetical possibility that GNR could recruit a girl guitarist, then things have truly hit bottom in the nu-GNR world.

We're not discussing that, it's how you would welcome the fact Smiley

Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2004, 08:32:53 PM »

Is this what the GNR community has come to?? Debating whether there should be a girl gunner?? This is an all time low point in the post-original-band era.? When fans have nothing more to discuss than the hypothetical possibility that GNR could recruit a girl guitarist, then things have truly hit bottom in the nu-GNR world.

Talk about an exaggeration ?Roll Eyes

It's just an idea posted in a discussion forum. ?God forbid we discuss things in a discussion forum.

T.T.
?.?.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 02:00:44 AM »

People, although the idea would be seductive, don't be fooled.

Have you never worked in an environment with all males and all of a sudden, 1 unique woman comes in to work ?

Well, first of all, someone is bound to shag her ( have sex with her), secondly, women being women, friendships between men will turn sour because of her " opinion" on everyone, thirdly, the two having sex ( her and whoever) could not turn up for rehearsals and shit, having better things to do ( if you see what i mean) and fourthly, men do not have periods. Women do. 1 week a month, every month, having to carefully watch out how one talks to her ? Nice work atmosphere if you ask me !

Never EVER bring 1 woman in an all male environment.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 02:04:35 AM by jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 04:59:47 AM »

People, although the idea would be seductive, don't be fooled.

Have you never worked in an environment with all males and all of a sudden, 1 unique woman comes in to work ?

Well, first of all, someone is bound to shag her ( have sex with her), secondly, women being women, friendships between men will turn sour because of her " opinion" on everyone, thirdly, the two having sex ( her and whoever) could not turn up for rehearsals and shit, having better things to do ( if you see what i mean) and fourthly, men do not have periods. Women do. 1 week a month, every month, having to carefully watch out how one talks to her ? Nice work atmosphere if you ask me !

Never EVER bring 1 woman in an all male environment.

Thats an evil imagination...? ?

don't need to turn out that bad, their most mid 30's, and over, seen that and seems like profesionals

...many bands who have 1 girl only and are really good, check this: http://www.gaate.no/ny/video/folgjebetong/folgjestor.wmv
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 03:05:43 PM by norway » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 05:03:22 AM »

But we haven't seen anyone in, slash, jimi hendrix, buckethead etc-level in skills and and soundgoodness have we?

Not yet perhaps, but She will appear in the not-too-distant future future, in a young band like GNR of '87, which leads new musical movements n Makes a lil revolution in the common notions.   Cool

Get a woman in and once everyone's had her, maybe they can destoy that band too ?

Well, first of all, someone is bound to shag her ( have sex with her), secondly, women being women, friendships between men will turn sour because of her " opinion" on everyone, thirdly, the two having sex ( her and whoever) could not turn up for rehearsals and shit, having better things to do ( if you see what i mean) and fourthly, men do not have periods. Women do. 1 week a month, every month, having to carefully watch out how one talks to her ? Nice work atmosphere if you ask me

Miss, You mean you have....
But some girls are bigger than others, aren't they? Roll Eyes

I haven?t heard of even a girl virtuoso guitarist existing let alone doing her band mates all.
Any example?  well OK,

Donuts 1:  Don?t fuck the band mates.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: