Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A comment on Amy Lee's recent criticism of Slash and VR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A comment on Amy Lee's recent criticism of Slash and VR  (Read 1947 times)
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 03, 2004, 12:57:54 PM »

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, (and I'm sure many of you have)...the comment Amy Lee from Evanesense (sp?) had in regard to Slash and "his kind of music" has me so up in arms that I felt the need to register and post for my first time.

In her comment, she basically said music like that is boring and hasn't got any originality...and that a band full of "celebraties" doesn't necessarily make a good band...stop

Well...I don't know about you...but we all know why slash is famous and it isn't due to his acting career...atleast he can play a god damned insturment...

the very idea of Amy lee criticizing anything makes me angry...all be it I was intrigued by her first single but after that, I would have to say it's all the same old crap. One song sang slightly differently over and over again to make a 12 track CD.

Her videos disgust me even more...like she's some tormented sole...so deep and provacative that none of use will ever understand. Rolling around on the ground or on a piano or whatever screaming out in her overly-done, over-dubbed naisely voice like she feels the pain of several stabings in her womb. I for one just don't buy it...as I said, I was initialy intrigued but the regergitated second single and the CD my brother bought reaffirmed for me what music television is all about these days...Quantity, not quality...if you can make one song into twelve and sell one as a single, you've got a recipe for a successfully selling album, but nothing that will shock or impress anyone....

It's been done before Ashley, ask kurt Cobain, and his many spin offs...

So remember that next time you want to talk about being "boring" ...I haven't seen one original thing from MTV in a long time and the fact that you (Evanescense)  are featured on MTV regularly is hardly an source of credibility anymore.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:03:48 PM »

Who the heck is Amy Lee from Evanesense...is that some chick band?...never heard of 'em Huh Huh
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:23:55 PM »

a rockband, kinda Undecided

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 01:35:55 PM »

Check the VR section, it's being discussed there.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: