Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Once and for all, 3 albums or 1 album??? What do you think?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Once and for all, 3 albums or 1 album??? What do you think?  (Read 9297 times)
jgfnsr
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 03:18:11 PM »

Given the fact Axl and various lineups of the band have been working for a decade on this, it wouldn't surprise me if they had enough material for three albums.

But when it comes to the current situation of GN'R, quality is the operative term, not quantity.

Axl can have 70 or 700 songs, it doesn't matter.  They must put the absolute best of what the band has produced on Chinese Democracy[/i].  No saving anything for later because, if the record doesn't deliver, there likely won't be a "later."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 04:33:55 PM »

I think it would have been really great if axl first released an album right after he re entered the roick world with oh my god, it would have put a lot less pressure on him now..

If he does have three albums I think it would have been better to just release one see how it did and then continued to finish the others..

That lord of the rings type theory is silly, one false move on tour and it can all  be over,,

How many bands make albums and tour and things of that nature all in the same process.. Look at U-2, they tour, they keep the fans happy and make good music,that's not much to ask for..

I always wonder how axl was able to be so hungry, leave for LA as a teen and rock all the way through and become the biggest frontman just to stop performing and be a recluse..? Doesn't he miss touring, being a showman, and things of that nature? Why risk losing band mates do to a forever wait, there's no logic for any move he makes..

It'll really suck if geffen has to force this album out or another person leaves..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 04:47:51 PM »

You are not tired of these things? Fuckin' smellin' dead horse.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 04:55:14 PM »

I think theres at least 2 albums worth of material.....I think Axl is currently finishing them both up, so he can focus on tour, etc after CD is released.....His life is going to be turning upside down from the past decade once it is released and he prob. hasn't ?felt personally ready for the preasure that awaits him. ?I can guarantee that Axl hasn't spent a decade trying to come up with 1 album.....he's prepairing for a new GNR era and after the release of CD I bet we'll get another 2 or 3 albums out of him in the time that it took to get CD out.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 04:56:26 PM »

I definately believe the 3 album theory. It makes perfect sense. I think they have 2 solid albums that is ready for release and the 3rd probably needs to be completed.

Why this is such a big deal among gnr fans is beyond me. Actually its a good thing because we are going to get non stop gnr once it begins. There will be no more delays when the ball EVENTUALLY gets rolling. Thats the whole key and the frustration. People see it as a negative and say o how can there be 3 albums if they cant release one. Very simple. They have been working oin variosu kinds of material. And they want to perfect all the material. Not just 1 albums worth.

It doesnt mean the hold up for CD is because of the other albums. The hold up to CD is probbaly more to do with CD and other stuff...legalities, etc.

I always wonder how axl was able to be so hungry, leave for LA as a teen and rock all the way through and become the biggest frontman just to stop performing and be a recluse..? Doesn't he miss touring, being a showman, and things of that nature? Why risk losing band mates do to a forever wait, there's no logic for any move he makes..
Your more than likely answering your own questions dude. Its obivious being "out there" is not as important to Axl as it is to others. He could care less, and his actions have shown that.
It depends on how you look at things...heres how i look at things...

When it became apparent that the old lineup was thru, Axl had to rebuild the whole thing. This started in about 1999. Thats when the music began. The actual band began around 2001. Thro win the band working on the already existing material, and all the new material that arose it took time. Especially when the goal is to make the best album/music ?possible. ?

SOOO, being that its 2001, about 3 yrs since the old band has left, 2 yrs since the new era began, and 10 yrs of original gnr material ....theres a good chance Axl said I might as well take my time with this since a hsitload of time has ALREADY passed. Its now 2005. 6 yrs removed from new gnr era. In that era we presume that the band has atleast 2 probably 3 albums done. 3 DIFFERENT kinds of albums. But not just any album, albums they have worked thier asses off for. Throw in legalities, aborted tours, Buckets departure, and YES the Axl PERFECTIONISM/MASTERPIECE aspect thats where we are today.

The key top the whole thing is getting the whole thing going. Meaning the whole promotion/alnum/tour aspect. Once that happens thinsg will be how thye want it. GNR all the time.

The wait sux but if you look at it in this light its tolerable and reasonable. SO thats up to u....thats my take

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2004, 05:03:05 PM »

people talk about 3 albums, but all will depend on the "chinese democracy" album success:
- if CD is a successull album, they may relase a second album and then a third album
- if CD is a failure, forget about any other album release(s). GN'R will very likely be over. Axl is way too proud to come-back without beeing successfull. The guy is very ambitious and wants the new-GN'R to be the biggest band in the world when "chinese democracy" comes out. He would never accept to be the number 2. that's as simple as that.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2004, 05:50:02 PM »

but 13 mill has to go somewhere,

I think there's a lot thats been pro-recorded in 00-04 peace

first, i really wonder why people still talk about 13 million, this number is  at least 2 years old. i guess now it should be up at 14 or 15.

second, i stick with the 3 album theory, although there's probably more stuff (industrial style-thingy). but if CD doesn't do well, there'll may be nothing else we get. but i strongly believe that CD will be a success. music-wise axl knows what he's doing.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2004, 05:52:30 PM »

if it don't sell well...

try again,  yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2004, 06:27:11 PM »

The first one has to at least move enough units to justify promotional money, touring expenses, etc...that accompany future releases, period.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2004, 06:34:37 PM »

I just hope he knows what he's doing if he does the three album thing, .. 13 million for three albums at 5-6 years sounds a little better then 13 for 1 over 5-6..

It's nice to see what everyone is thinking though.. peace
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 07:37:14 PM »

first, i really wonder why people still talk about 13 million, this number is? at least 2 years old. i guess now it should be up at 14 or 15.

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy': $13 Million In Production Costs (And Counting)? - Mar. 15, 2004

not even a year? hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »

But we these "reporters" fail to realize is that they have been making various kinds of music for different albums. I think the money has been for the whole project not just the 1 album

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 10:28:36 PM »

I would be disappointed if there was only one album and nothing agian after that. I mean when I get annoyed about GnR's current dormancy it's not because I am just waiting for chinese democracy. I would like them to tour for a year or so, head into the studio and release more cool shit. Not that Axl or the rest of the band owes it to us or something like that but none the less I would hate another 14 year gap between albums.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 11:07:22 PM »

first, i really wonder why people still talk about 13 million, this number is? at least 2 years old. i guess now it should be up at 14 or 15.

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy': $13 Million In Production Costs (And Counting)? - Mar. 15, 2004

not even a year? hihi

More money now? They really has to belive in their product...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2004, 01:15:12 AM »

i think there were originally gonna be 3 albums, say 4 singles from each album etc etc

i think however after the 2002 debacle and now with all the pressure and criticisms axl has scrapped the 3 cd plan for now and will take the best songs from the 3 albums and release a 15-18 track cd with 12 songs that were intended to be singles all on one cd

the only way to shut up the naysayers is to have an on par with Appetite type record, if he has a record with 12 singles or as ive been sayin since day one on this board *the greatest hits we've yet to hear* i think he will be successful, then after he can use some of the leftovers from albums 2 and 3 and right some more songs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2004, 05:33:27 AM »

not even a year? hihi

hmm Sorry. What do you mean ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2004, 06:43:27 AM »

I would be disappointed if there was only one album and nothing agian after that. I mean when I get annoyed about GnR's current dormancy it's not because I am just waiting for chinese democracy. I would like them to tour for a year or so, head into the studio and release more cool shit. Not that Axl or the rest of the band owes it to us or something like that but none the less I would hate another 14 year gap between albums.

I will definetly say the wait is worth it if there is a follow up p[lan to whatever he releases anbd that the material is already done, .I would hate to hear and album came out then have some long delay again..

If he does something like during the illlusions setting a tour record and has all that material to back it up then it would alkl be worth it..

I just don't want a one n out ,sure as fans we just want the material, but we also want gnr to succeed.. Besides it's been ages since axl did a big tour and released alot of material, it would be nice to finish his career with gnr  by doing something great..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2004, 07:23:33 AM »

not even a year? hihi

hmm Sorry. What do you mean ?
I think he replied to the bold part.? ?"and counting" = "and increasing"

And you're fucking right. The number of $13 Million just came up this March concerning to the GH lawsuit. From "a nameless source" according to the reporter.  hihi

if it don't sell well...

try again,? yes
That's the spirit! U rule! ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2004, 10:03:46 AM »

DOes anyone think a tour is booked already?? I mean you have to do these things months in advance.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2004, 11:38:46 AM »

DOes anyone think a tour is booked already?? I mean you have to do these things months in advance.
sometimes even a year in advance if you want to play in a stadium for exemple. For exemple, Oasis annouced they will play some UK stadiums in october I think...for next summer (July)

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: