Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:46:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Once and for all, 3 albums or 1 album??? What do you think?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Once and for all, 3 albums or 1 album??? What do you think?  (Read 9291 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: December 03, 2004, 11:19:19 AM »

Once and for all just say what you are expecting, are you someone that believes axl has been at this for about 6 years because he is working on 3 albums which he will release one every year, or is he just never able to finish one album over 6 years..?

I believe it's one album, just they had tons of material (like riffs and beats) and just made one from all the stuff they had..
No one is right or wrong just give your opinion, or interpertation of axl's statements..

FInally would you be let down if all this wait was for one album?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:25:54 AM »

Dead horse

There is no other albums - its unlikely there is even one.

It's funny neither Dizzy or Tommy have heard of these ''other albums''

Quick! To the bandwagon!
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 11:29:46 AM »

I don't care if he has three or a hundred. All I want is one. If he never releases another one, fine by me. After all this time I would like to have at least one new cd.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 11:30:21 AM »

I have no doubt they have multiple albums worth of material, but that doesn't mean they will have 3 completed albums before they release just one. Besides, if the music for the 3rd album was written in 2001 and doesn't see the light of day until 2006,7 it will most likely sound dated anyway as you always get new ideas on the road...or change your course of action depending on how the fans respond. The main concern should have been getting your best 15 songs and releasing them instead of trying to plan for future releases that will most likely depend on the success of the first album anyway.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »

I just wanted some insight from the entire forum, I really wanted to know what everyone is expecting, what they tell friends, what they truly believe, ect..

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 11:33:25 AM »

I have no doubt they have multiple albums worth of material, but that doesn't mean they will have 3 completed albums before they release just one. Besides, if the music for the 3rd album was written in 2001 and doesn't see the light of day until 2006,7 it will most likely sound dated anyway as you always get new ideas on the road...or change your course of action depending on how the fans respond. The main concern should have been getting your best 15 songs and releasing them instead of trying to plan for future releases that will most likely depend on the success of the first album anyway.

How can gnr music sound dated??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 11:44:54 AM »

I don't think they have been working on 12 songs for years and never gotten them finished.

Think about it, "Oh My God" was released in 1999. Do you think that was the only song they had recorded at that point?

The album was almost done at that point so there must've been more.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 11:46:03 AM »

I think that they are focussed on one, but there is other material that Axl has designated for follow ups (I can't believe I'm actually talking about follow ups when they can't even get the first released).

Part of my reasoning is all of the orchestral tracks - I don't think he will put them all on one album.

Perhaps this is the music version of the Lord of the Rings Films, or maybe I've been smoking too much of the good stuff smoking

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 11:47:51 AM »

I think that they are focussed on one, but there is other material that Axl has designated for follow ups (I can't believe I'm actually talking about follow ups when they can't even get the first released).

Part of my reasoning is all of the orchestral tracks - I don't think he will put them all on one album.

Perhaps this is the music version of the Lord of the Rings Films, or maybe I've been smoking too much of the good stuff smoking

Here today...ready to rock
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »

I don't think they have been working on 12 songs for years and never gotten them finished.

Think about it, "Oh My God" was released in 1999. Do you think that was the only song they had recorded at that point?

/jarmo

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1429774/11091999/nullguns_n_roses.jhtml
I agree in 1999 when he did his interview with kurt loder he described the sound of cd when he was launching omg, the only possible thing I could think of is he scrapped it because omg wasn't taken so well.. I just remember it was knocked on my local radio station and within a few months it was gone like end of days..

The thing is he has only spoken of cd in most interviews even saying how close it was to coming out, then in 2002 it semed further then ever.. The vmas was aug 2002, the tour wouldn't have ended till 2003 then more recording after the tour, tour was cut short and it still never panned out.. You figure witht eht our being cut short it would have spd upo recording to an album which had to already be close to done being they did some touring (cd tour 2002).. Sure bh left but how much could have possibly been left..?

It just always seemed that cd was coming out since 99, and each year after cd was mentioned.,..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 11:56:22 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 11:54:43 AM »

I guess they have enough materials for more than a few albums (but some of which may not worth releasing).

FInally would you be let down if all this wait was for one album?

No. But I definitely prefer they release more n more.

Where did they say that? Huh
funny I haven?t heard of either Dizzy or Tommy talking about their no-''other albums''.
Actually Tommy's dropped a hint as to the second album.
 Cool
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 12:31:29 PM »

/jarmo

Good point.  I remember interviews from Brian May and Moby dating from 99 saying the album was done.  There has to be more.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 12:39:11 PM »

Whether axl has recorded 1 or 50 albums is irrelevant,(although I remember Moby said there was material to release at least 7 albums) 
What we get is the only thing that matters.

I believe we'll get one. Then the little girl will start crying out for WOLF..but that album will never see the light of day. maybe in 10 years we'll get an unreleased boxset like the newest Nirvana box. But of course that means axl will have to die. Or geffen will have to sue him or something.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 12:41:39 PM »

Dead horse

Dizzy and tommy have both mentioned the three albums, so you are wrong.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 12:44:15 PM »

Dead horse

They've also mentioned the album being released this side of the end of the universe, so I think we can establish that they don't have a clue what the fuck they're talking about.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 12:52:22 PM »

Dave, thanx for clearing it up. So this horse is not Dead in fact. ok

Can you tell me where they said that? I wanna read.

Ta!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 01:15:53 PM »

this what axl said in the omg-era

We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs

The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded

or listen to the london thing ok

or the press people who claims thousands of hours beer
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 01:26:12 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 02:00:05 PM »

All depends upon the reaction to the first offering...I'm sure there are THOUSANDS OF FRAGMENTS FOR HUNDREDS OF SONG IDEAS, but I doubt very much we're speaking about multiple albums worth of releasable material here....It's a really morbid thing to be wishing death upon someone though...I hope he's on death's door as we speak...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 02:14:10 PM »

but 13 mill has to go somewhere,

I think there's a lot thats been pro-recorded in 00-04 peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 02:19:59 PM »

Dead horse

They've also mentioned the album being released this side of the end of the universe, so I think we can establish that they don't have a clue what the fuck they're talking about.

Well, even Axl said, once, that the album was gonna be released "next summer". It don't means he don't know how many songs they have... don't make confusion between the release date and the number of songs.

Maybe Tommy and Dizzy are not the only ones that don't have a clue what the fuck you're talking about... ?confused
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 02:22:04 PM by Fuckin' Gunner » Logged

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: