Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE  (Read 18019 times)
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2004, 05:02:06 PM »

she needs to lose weight? shes hot , of course shes not the "model" type , but not all women need to be so slim , in other thing it doesnt really matter if shes fat or not , what matters is the music , her group is nothing great , i have the album and i like it really but its nothing amazing , now she is with out Ben Moody so i think his band has one more album and thats it . she sings with Slither just beacuse the singer is his boyfriend i think.

what really boders me its when they said her "but they have slash in the band" and she responds "great celebrites dont make great bands" or something , great celebrites?! Slash isnt just a great celebrity , is one of the greatest guitar players , she should have more respect , thats the thing i found stupid of her to say .

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2004, 05:06:07 PM »

I think this band has a lot of room for improvement with Scott's input.

I would almost argue completely the opposite. While I think Scott is great as the front man and I love Contraband.....Scott and the rest of the bands musical tastes are very different. When Slash and Duff make comments along the lines of "The material we wrote with Izzy was the best instrumental Guns N' Roses record to Date" and they don't end up using any of those songs because Scott isn't into that sound, I think it is keeping them from using their best material. They need to find a happy middle ground where everyone can be happy, but they progress a little more as a band. I loved Contraband, but do think as musicians they are all capable of more and I hope we hear that on the next album.

God what I wouldn't give to hear those songs that Slash,Izzy,Matt and Duff consider to be the best instrumental Guns Record to date. That group has put together a few decent tracks in their time I guess ?drool, so it is a bummer we will never get to hear any of them.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 05:27:09 PM »

I'm with Philly Riot I have no IDEA who this chick is or her band...think I'll have to go check out some snippets @ amazon... Huh just to get an idea of what she's about...I mean, judging by the comments of folks who have actually heard her musc, the music she creates isn't rock (?) So if you ain't contributing to the solution, shhhaddduppp!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2004, 06:31:05 PM »

I have nothing against amy lee, I actually think she has somewhat of a unique voice, or something a bit different.. It's just when someone says they have like one song that's cool, it just doesn't make sence.. If you bash give a little detail into your reasons,,
Vr is obviosuly not for everyone but I'm a fan and wehn someone trashes them I would like to know they are honestly not liking the music instead of sounding like someone who is pissed they are having less success this year..

I still don't get how someone bashes that does some bullshit boring song with seether..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2004, 06:38:56 PM »

evenescance (cant even spell ther name) every time they release a song i get annoyed.....badly  rant crying

html sucks
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2004, 09:20:13 PM »

Actually Stern and co. nailed it on the head when they referred to her as the typical person who thinks it's cool to hate everything (aka the fat mall goth chicks we have come to know and love).  Anyhow I do think Scott and co. should take a stab back at her at a live show or something......maybe even other bands too.  I'd love to see an Axl style rant on some jackass like Fred Durst or Amy.  Scott could take a lesson from Zakk Wylde who at the concert I went to did a nice little rant on how Durst was the biggest piece of shit humanly possible and even offered to kick his ass for the crowds enjoyment.  Or maybe Slash could do a mtv music awards Axl and tell the guy from Seether to shut his bitch up (like axl did to kurt).  That would make for fun tv again!  It's all about the drama....gotta have it.  I'm sure if Scott finds out about her comments he'd respond though.  He's usually prett good on returning the favor.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 12:03:25 AM »

The material we wrote with Izzy was the best instrumental Guns N' Roses record to Date"
I highly doubt they have material as good as the Illusions let alone AFD and decided not to use it. That would be the dumbest thing in the world to do.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 12:22:06 AM »

I agree to a point, but something tells me it was more Blues based type stuff that Slash and Izzy do well, and Scott's just not into that stuff. It seems like Izzy was motivated when they were working together originally, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if the 4 of them wrote some truly killer stuff. What are you suposed to do though when the lead singer doesn't like any of the music? Can't force him to sing it. I wish Scott's musical tastes were a little more classic, but I guess we can't have everything.

highly doubt they have material as good as the Illusions let alone AFD and decided not to use it. That would be the dumbest thing in the world to do.

Is it really that far fetched to think Slash/Duff/Izzy couldn't still get in the same room and pump out the same level of musicianship just because Axl isn't in the room? Lyrics and pianos/orchestras aside, those guys cumulatively know how to put a song together. I am not sure Slash/Duff alone can re-create the wheel alone, but I really believe Izzy was a huge force in the music GNR originally made, so he may have pushed Slash to come up with some killer classic rock riffs. Too bad we will never hear what the 3 of them were working on that all 3 have spoken so highly of.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 01:00:51 AM »

well axl said before slash quit he was creating the rawest most bluesy most awesome guitar riffs he had ever heard so its possible

VR shouldnt say anything cause if they bash evanescence they will be putting themselves in their league, VR are so above evanescence its best not even acknowledge them.

its like avril lavigne talkin shit about hillary duff, when she feuds with a hillary duff it almost seems like they are on the same level or the same type of person, so it makes her look bad to feud with hillary duff just like it would for a serious kick ass band like VR to say something about Evanescence, i mean who cares about Evanescence

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 03:21:04 AM »

It's pretty much the ultimate indication that you're "back on top" when some jealous second tier singer is taking pot shots at you. No need at all for VR to respond to this.

I happen to agree that Contraband has its limitations- but there's no denying that it has been a wildly successful debut for a bunch of guys that must critics gave-up for dead. Let's see Ms. Lee crank out a #1 album 12 years down the road.ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 07:58:02 AM »

I have listened to Evanescence album it that is what I call boring there is a couple of goodish some on there but the album sounds the same and it just plain boring so Amy Lee shouldn't be such a hypocrit

EEEERRRR Little boy
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2004, 10:00:57 AM »

Who or what the hell is Evanesense or whatever its called. She certainly can say whatever about VR but calling "celebrity" as a way to demean Slash thats just dumb, wake up cunt nobody cares about you!

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2004, 10:24:08 AM »

Slash eats her music for breakfast and shits out rock songs like "Slither".

Anyways, you guys arent all there. You aren't viewing the obvious here. She comments on a band. And saying that the music scene sucks. What the fuck does she thinks shes part of? Does she think her band is some new form of music? I've heard it done better and ten years earlier. Try a band called Medicine. Shes also needs to lay off of the rock talk. I heard her fucking song on Top 40 at work about a hundred times.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2004, 10:29:37 AM »

Actually Stern and co. nailed it on the head when they referred to her as the typical person who thinks it's cool to hate everything (aka the fat mall goth chicks we have come to know and love).  Anyhow I do think Scott and co. should take a stab back at her at a live show or something......maybe even other bands too.  I'd love to see an Axl style rant on some jackass like Fred Durst or Amy.  Scott could take a lesson from Zakk Wylde who at the concert I went to did a nice little rant on how Durst was the biggest piece of shit humanly possible and even offered to kick his ass for the crowds enjoyment.  Or maybe Slash could do a mtv music awards Axl and tell the guy from Seether to shut his bitch up (like axl did to kurt).  That would make for fun tv again!  It's all about the drama....gotta have it.  I'm sure if Scott finds out about her comments he'd respond though.  He's usually prett good on returning the favor.

Hate to say it, But VR needs to put her ass in check with a fuck you to Amy Lee, then pull a cover of Back Off Bitch during a medley at Big in '04.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2004, 01:39:45 PM »

Amy Lee: "Yeah, but great celebrities don't make a great band. I don't hate them, but the music just isn't that great."

Amy Lee: "Definitely. Theres been a lull in the rock industry and the labels are pouring all their money in to rap and hip-hop. "

Amy Lee: "Maybe, but it'll come back around. Every kind of music always has its day, and right now it's rap and hip-hop and that's great. But that's just not what I'm into and obviously it's not my band's scene. I'm just glad the new album hasn't come out this year."

Cheesy Well said Amy!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2004, 03:36:02 PM »

lets write lyrics for VR against amy lee.

*cough cough*

Amy lee is a church going mother, shes got rattle snake cross under her arms, shes a fat machine n drinkin pepsi, cause honey you can make me run! carry on people please.  rofl

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2004, 03:52:55 PM »

Nice to see that the VR fans are so much different from the GN'R fans who get upset over a negative remark or a bad review.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2004, 05:21:22 PM »

Nice to see that the VR fans are so much different from the GN'R fans who get upset over a negative remark or a bad review.? Grin

/jarmo

There's good reason for it......if she said something stupid like this against Axl or Eddie Van Halen or basically any other artist that paved an integral part in rock n roll I would have retored the same way. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2004, 05:46:48 PM »

Is it really that far fetched to think Slash/Duff/Izzy couldn't still get in the same room and pump out the same level of musicianship just because Axl isn't in the room? Lyrics and pianos/orchestras aside, those guys cumulatively know how to put a song together. I am not sure Slash/Duff alone can re-create the wheel alone, but I really believe Izzy was a huge force in the music GNR originally made, so he may have pushed Slash to come up with some killer classic rock riffs. Too bad we will never hear what the 3 of them were working on that all 3 have spoken so highly of.
No, not at all. I never said they arent capable of writing kille rmusic. Im sure they did. But I find it hard to believe that they would leave tracks that would be better than AFD or UYI and substitute or down grade to the songs they put on CB. I could be wrong but i highly doubt it. I dont care whos singing, if theres instrumentals that compare to WTTJ etc im pretty sure you owuld us eit...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2004, 06:24:24 PM »

Nice to see that the VR fans are so much different from the GN'R fans who get upset over a negative remark or a bad review.? Grin

/jarmo

true. but we're gnr fans..

Jarmo I think alot more people bash axl's character and what hasn't happened with the album, she just bashes the music..

I mean if soemone says axl looks retarded witht eh braides it's better then just saying that his album sucks.. I'll take the looks diss anyday over the music.. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: