Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE  (Read 18035 times)
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 08:35:35 PM »

she is so hard rock that she started doing cocaine to lose weight so she could look like every other girl in the entertainment industry.

Either way, her opinion doesn't hold much weight, but they should make a  subtle jab at her on the next album. Nothing vicious, just for fun.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 09:39:59 PM »

i agree 100 percent with her though about hip hop and rap

rap is so horrible now, does anyone remember when rap was actually dangerous? i bet 2pac and biggie are rollin over in their graves

even snoop has turned into the least gangsta rapper ever, he is like a fuckin parody now

so disheartening to see what these wanna bes have done to rap

Well, maybe 2Pac and Biggie being dead and rap being dangerous have a direct correlation.  Cry

I think the unfortunate part about rap in general, is how the white music industry took rap, after it had become successful off the blood, sweat and tears and hard work of people who cared about the art form and used it to their advantage. Is it anyone wonder why Eminem is considered the greatest rapper perhaps ever. I mean that is a total and utter insult to Rakim, Nas, Biggie, Kool G Rap...The list goes on.

I mean Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique, Fatal Hussein, Mos Def, there are rappers out there who are lyrically diverse, but the industry has black listed them for "Just Lose It" and "Baby Balla" and other travesties of rap.

So now, the image is more important. Talk gangster, but don't act gangster. That's why Pac and Biggie are dead. They blurred the lines of reality and fiction. Now you can't make street poetry like Nas, you have to have earned your stripes to speak about being gangster. And fans, mainly white because that is the majority of music purchasers, who live in suburban North America, want their favourite rapper to be dead or some horrible shit like that. Is it anyone wonder, 2Pac ends up dead, Death Row is undone, Suge Knight goes to jail and Jimmy Ivene makes 400 Million Dollars off the whole thing. Kind of sad and pathetic.

During the mid-90's, rap was the most truthful and important musical art form EVER. Moreso than rock n' roll becuase it was socially important, it was politically zealous, dangerously crude but there was a truth to it that was undeniable. Everyone can sit here and bitch about rap and call it garbage and "not real music" but the funny thing is, they turn around and praise a band who sang about dwarfs and goblins and Lord Of The Rings.

Regardless, It's a heated discussion that can cause tempers to flare for sure, but I agree with you D, music (rap) along with society has lost sight and perspective, blindly plotting to a destination that is uncertain, unclear and perhaps isn't even there.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 09:48:13 PM »

I honestly feel that Contraband is a good album...nothing unique or groundbreaking but a good album...I wouldn't say it is boring.  I think Amy went a little too far with her comment.  I have Evanescence's album, and...it isn't anything special either...

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 10:14:20 PM »

Well, I don't think her comment in itself is too out of line.  It's not like Contraband is the greatest album in the world - note that whenever it's mentioned in the "Best of 2004" thread in Bad Obsession, people always say, "I love it, even if it's not amazing."  It's better than most stuff out there, but it's not breaking wholly new ground or anything.  Still, I have to say that Amy Lee criticizing their music for those reasons is a little absurd, primarily because her band follows the typical modern rock formula, basically.  The black clothing, the faux-Linkin Park choruses, the vaguely angst-filled lyrics, and the similar music.  I'll be the first to say that I hate Evanescence, but even though I believe she's a total hypocrite in saying that their music is boring (her music is far more bland), she has the right to her opinion.

And she needs to lose like 20 pounds. I know that's irrelevant but it's what I think whenever I see her.

I don't know what you're smoking.  She's hot, dude, and she's pretty slim.

I have to laugh though whenever they ask her if she's going to do a solo career.  She's basically already got a solo career, because the "band" is essentially her.  It's kind of like The Cure, really, although it's different because I know she collaborated with that Ben Moody guy to write the songs and now that he's gone I wonder how she'll try and write songs for their next album.  Not that I really care...the band isn't one of my favourites.

Interesting post, Furious Styles, but it's not really to do with this topic.  You should put it in the Bad Obsession section.  ok
Spartikcus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 10:43:35 PM »

This is just unbelievable, if I want to be bored to sleep I will listen to this bitches vocals.
Id love to see Slash and crews response to this horrible little interview.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 11:29:59 PM »

dude she dont need to lose weight thats ridiculous.

besides bashing VR she is pretty much dead on with what she said, the rock scene does totally fuckin suck, i mean i cant argue with her there.

VR are fuckin awesome though, she was crazy about that.

Yeah i agree with everything u said furious style

eminem does have skills but he has no diversity and is it a coincidence that he came out the same time as boy bands and britney spears? to me eminem although he has skills is more like a boy band rapper than a serious hardcore rapper

dont get me started on Ja Rule, this guy is so fake, im more gangsta than he is.

i think DMX is a quality rapper so is Jay Z but really i cant think of anything thats came out worth anything here lately.

now its just commercialized and has turned to pop garbage. rap is fuckin pop garbage, how the hell did that happen?

look at Pharell is anyone less street than this guy? it drives me so fuckin crazy watchin him duet with Snoop and what has happened to snoop? man this guy use to be so real but now he will do anything for a buck.

Ludacris has a nice style but honestly i cant listen to more than a song or two at a time

all the bling bling booty rappers are so fuckin annoying

Nelly use to be ok but then had to go rap with Nsync *wtf*

50 cent is horrible Gunit is ridiculous

i hate posses

i just fuckin hate it

what happened to posses that were talented u know

i mean look at NWA and what they spawned, look at the Wu Tang Clan

i think it all started goin down hill with Master P and his band of rappers, it got too commercialized just like hair metal did, just like grunge did and i think the nameless rappers who u cant tell apart are killin the genre.

correct me if im wrong.

twista is ok but he's a poor mans busta rhymes and speakin of busta rhymes whats all this gay i love u shit he is rappin about now it drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting on a rap record use to be so powerful so meaningful, so dangerous and it was connected with Guns N Roses and rock just how dangerous and powerful it was

now its Shit and just so powder puffed and watered down, it really makes me sad.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 11:31:49 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tophdaddy22
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 11:38:39 PM »

this bitch is a joke and is jealous that vr has more talent then her crap band contraband is an amazing cd hands down
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2004, 12:01:23 AM »

Sure she's entitled to her opinion, but I think the main point here is how she made herself appear like a hypocritical ass.  And as someone had mentioned before she could have said that about any bands, but she chose VR because well.....they're pretty much the pinnacle of Rock right now.  So sure she can pull a Cobain and take a stab at the rock world and say it's "boring and overdone" blahblahblah, but for once it's damn nice to see a fucking real rock band doing all these TV appearances and playing award shows and doing arena tours.  Every late night appearance or VH1 special has been quite entertaining.  I think Evanescence has already lost a lot of it's luster, hence the solo project talk from her already.  I mean c'mon for anyone to say that band is doing anything exciting is crazy.  Contraband wasn't one of the greatest rock albums ever....BUT it was a great rock album.  Simply put it was a breath of fresh air.
But seriously that song "Broken" that she sings with that band Seether is utterly horrible...the lyrics to it sound like they were written by a 10 year old kid writing a poem for english class.  And yeah she could stand to drop a few pounds.....I'm not one to jump on the chunkers.  My point being, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one....and in this case that asshole is full of shit.  peace

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2004, 12:48:38 AM »

Amy Lee may be a lucky hack who jumps on the band wagon, makes millions of dollars and yet doesn't release any good music, but she does have a point. That said, Evanescence music is pretty damn boring too.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2004, 12:53:33 AM »

I just listened to 30 second clips of all Evanescence songs on Amazon, and i believe Amy Lee's career is on borrowed time. Her techno band is garbage. And she doesnt have a very appealing voice.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 12:55:09 AM by jabba2 » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 12:54:16 AM »

remember the days "aka  prior to this year" when awards shows consisted of performances by The Hive, limp bizkit, good charlotte and kid rock rofl
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 02:41:43 AM »

D, if she's going to dish Slash after she was already reminded that he was in the band, then I'd say that she deserves to lose a good 20-50 pounds.  I don't care who you are.  If you dish Slash then I'm going to dish her.  The weight is an obvious choice, followed by her voice, her band, her sense on the rock industry, her sense on the music industry, her sense on our musical heroes; and now that I look at it, her sense on the world in general. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 04:50:33 AM »

For those that want VR to respond to that, for christ sake I hope they'll never reach that level ... it would seem like a two year old kindergarden fight!  Roll Eyes
And while you don't agree with Amy Lee stop attacking her on her looks or her weight ! Badgirl already stated it, it's pure misogyny !  rant

The force ... the force ...
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 06:49:27 AM »

she a stupid bitch anyway there music sucks n will never be as tyalentd as anyone in VR

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 08:58:20 AM »

that amy person is just a  religous turd. Stupid goth freak of nature.

html sucks
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 09:19:48 AM »

Amy Who?  Never heard of her, and judging by the pic, I never will.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2004, 11:43:12 AM »

For those that want VR to respond to that, for christ sake I hope they'll never reach that level ... it would seem like a two year old kindergarden fight!? Roll Eyes
And while you don't agree with Amy Lee stop attacking her on her looks or her weight ! Badgirl already stated it, it's pure misogyny !? rant

There's nothing wrong with a response, I mean when  i was younger loving gnr axl use to rant about silly shit, but it was all good.. Part of selling records is hype.
I just don't know who she;'s fooling when she does some shitty music with seether..

I like her voice, I just think the celebrity comment was uncalled for, just because people are already famous and get credit doesn't mean tehy should just stop making music..

she sounded more on a  bitter side then someone who actually listened to the album.. Like one song is cool, I mean give a little detail if youare going to diss someone, maybe she missed her Big in 04 because of them hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2004, 12:25:28 PM »

VR should do a song about her called, "Stick a cross where we dont want to go"

html sucks
Sterlingdog
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2004, 02:13:37 PM »

she sounded more on a? bitter side then someone who actually listened to the album..

That just made me remember something.  I believe she's the same person who was trying to trash Howard Stern a few months ago.  I can't remember specifically what she said, but the discussion about it on the Stern show was that she was someone who thought it was cool to be angry all the time.  It probably makes her feel important to be anti-anything popular. 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2004, 02:16:10 PM »

First off, I like Slash and I think VR is a good band. ?However, Contraband isn't anything special. ?So I kinda have to agree with Amy. ?And I actually dig the fact that she wasn't afraid to knock a band like VR who has Weiland and Slash in it. ?I mean think about it, is she not supposed to knock them just because they have had a successfull past? ?I like her kind of attitude. ?She isn't afraid to speek up.

Back to the music, I really like Slither, I think it rocks, but nothing else really sticks out for me. ?I think this band has a lot of room for improvement with Scott's input. ?I say that because I think Slash and Duff are great players, but they stick to basic down and dirty rock (which isn't a bad thing, but it's not going to make your group stand out. ?A perfect example was Slash's Snakepit, it was good but nothing special). ?These guys (Slash, Duff) need that good frontman who can take them to a higher level and produce songs that really stick with people, and then this band will be remembered. ?I think Scott has a little bit of that in him. ? ? ? ? ? ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: