Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little VR/Slash mention by EVANESCENCE Singer AMY LEE  (Read 17990 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« on: December 02, 2004, 07:46:17 AM »

EVANESCENCE frontwoman Amy Lee recently spoke to Kerrang! magazine about her band's massive success and the possibility of a solo career at some point down the line. Several excerpts from the interview follow:

Kerrang!: Have you become cynical about your peers?

Amy Lee: "No way, but theres just so many new bands out there and I'm not motivated to see a single damn one, and a lot of the bands worth listening to are old and tired now. VELVET REVOLVER...I haven't seen them play live yet but that album really bores me! Maybe there's one song that's cool, but to me it's just not worth building a supergroup around."

Kerrang!: They've got Slash in it.

Amy Lee: "Yeah, but great celebrities don't make a great band. I don't hate them, but the music just isn't that great."

Kerrang!: Has the industry changed?

Amy Lee: "Definitely. Theres been a lull in the rock industry and the labels are pouring all their money in to rap and hip-hop. At the American VMA's [MTV Video Music Awards] we felt really disrespected and looked over and ignored. You invite us to an award show because youve nominated us and you don't even want to interview me because you're too busy with Beyonce and Usher? It's like, 'Why did i go to the trouble?' We were 20 rows in the back!"

Kerrang!: Is that just a sign of the times?

Amy Lee: "Maybe, but it'll come back around. Every kind of music always has its day, and right now it's rap and hip-hop and that's great. But that's just not what I'm into and obviously it's not my band's scene. I'm just glad the new album hasn't come out this year."

www.kerrang.com
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 07:54:17 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 07:56:39 AM »

Hahaha this chick is a moron........she bitches and complains about rap/hip-hop however in her first hit single "bring me to life" they have some jerkoff rapping in it.  And god let's not get into that new song she did with that band Seether "Broken".  It has quite possibly the stupidest lyrics ever possible.......I'm not just putting her down because she's talked shit about VR, but her voice is horrid, she sounds like Miss Piggy at times and Lacuna Coil owns this horrible band any day.  And my god don't even get me started on the band, which sucks utter dog shit. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 08:58:44 AM »

Shes certainly entitled to her opinion, but I really think that someone who makes the music that she makes should choose their targets (and music industry complaints) more carefully.  Especially when a band such as hers is often a similar target for many rock fans.
SADIS
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 09:01:19 AM »

What a cunt! She dares to say that she knows what good music is? I can't tell the difference between any of her songs. That bitch should shut the fuck up. She has the spotlight and look at what she does with it; nothing. And then go bitchin about being overlooked.... demand your attention or shut the fuck up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 10:49:15 AM »

Either way it's cool, I just sometimes wonder if the people saying these things have really sat down n listened to the music, or they just read articles that give them outside opinions>??

as I said if she doesn't like then that's fine.. Her song with seether is very POP like..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 10:55:18 AM »

WOW why would she say that?

honestly i dig a few of their songs but disrespecting them that way is just plain retarded.

i like when they ask her if she is ever gonna go solo, i mean can anyone name anyone else in that band? 

I think u should have some longetivity before u go shooting your mouth off about legends.

i agree 100 percent with her though about hip hop and rap

rap is so horrible now, does anyone remember when rap was actually dangerous? i bet 2pac and biggie are rollin over in their graves

even snoop has turned into the least gangsta rapper ever, he is like a fuckin parody now

so disheartening to see what these wanna bes have done to rap

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 11:04:47 AM »

WOW why would she say that?....

because she does see it as many others do: VR are way too overrated and Contraband is nothing special at all ??!

Re-Union time, baby!!
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 11:24:32 AM »

It doesn't suprise me that she said this. I was never a fan of her or the band. Same repeatitive crap. They lack substance to say the least. And like and like Bill123 said, how can ?she critisize rap when they infact used a monkey rapper on their first single and that's what got them in the public eye.

Furthermore, I thought she was against all of the publicity crap, isn't that what one of their stupid videos was about.

I will admit that she's right about "great celebrities" don't make great bands. ?Super talented musicans such as "Guitar God" Slash and charistmatic frontmen do. Something her nor any member of her garbage band lnpwnothing about.

Bottom line is that amy and her band are nothing more but a direct marketing ?ploy towards todays trendy music scence. ?

Later

Blair

?

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 01:36:16 PM »

I really don't like Amy Lee, but she does have a point.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 04:03:02 PM »

Yeah, like SHE knows anything. I don't think it's a good move to insult people who have been in the game longer than she has. Especially Slash.  Angry

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 06:25:34 PM »

Amy Lee: "but the music just isn't that great."

well well ... pot kettle stupid.

Cunt.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »

I really don't like Amy Lee, but she does have a point.

so what point is that ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 06:47:34 PM »

how can u argue with a "serious" artist who has their song on Kid bopz?

she let them use her song "my immortal" for that kiddie nickelodeon cd compilation, how ridiculous is that!

When I get famous and 13 year olds are tellin me how much i rule and rock i guess ill start talkin out of my ass also.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 06:57:22 PM »

WOW why would she say that?....

because she does see it as many others do: VR are way too overrated and Contraband is nothing special at all ??!

let me guess...you are a new gnr fan?

if you're a pearl jam fan instead or a fan of some other band, audioslave whatever than I'll take your post seriously

it's obvious she's just jealous that VR is on top now and not her shitty little band.  You don't just pick a band out of no where and bash them unless you're jealous of them.

I sense an Amy Lee bashing song appearing on the next VR album! thanks Amy! Grin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 07:06:42 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 07:06:54 PM »

EVANESCENCE has some pretty damn boring music too. Amy should be careful when she says another rock bands boring. Scott or Duff could both start taunting her band for those comments. Amy Lee's music is pretty easy to bash. You could call EVANESCENCE boring, shitty, dull, pointless, talentless...alot of things. See.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 07:09:13 PM »

you can take it even further than that and call them a cheap Linkin Park ripoff. God I hate LP but compared to her crap they are genius's because those songs are actually catchy and inovative!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

You know you're cool when someone says something sucks and the other person responds with "but (insert your name here) is in it lol. I thought that was pretty fucking funny. I don't mind her saying she doesn't like VR, it's her business really, but I think it's pretty hypocritical for her to say the rock scene is boring when it would be a drastic understatement to say her band sounds exactly like everything else out there now a days. I mean evanescence aren't exactly innovators. And she needs to lose like 20 pounds. I know that's irrelevant but it's what I think whenever I see her.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 07:18:54 PM »

Evanescence will be another nothing band everyone forgets in 3 years. If not sooner.

Is this Xena warrior princess? Get lost bitch.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 07:22:58 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 07:24:20 PM »

SEE! I told you she needed to lose 20 pounds! Look at the pic above.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 08:13:14 PM »

i'm surprised that of all the bands she had to choose from, she picked VR. i mean, i love Contraband but it was by no means revolutionary by rock and roll standards and while she is certainly entitled to her opinion, i think there are hundreds of more objectively bad bands out there right now.

no need to call her a cunt though. its mysoginistic and unnecessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: