Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NIN in 2005.. what will robin do?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN in 2005.. what will robin do?  (Read 11517 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: July 13, 2004, 04:43:26 PM »

Apparently Dave Grohl has become the drummer for NIN. And the band is currently at work recording a new album due for release later this year. That being said will Robin stay w/ G'n'R or go back to NIN?

Here is the article. (it doesn't mention Robin though)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040713/music_nm/music_grohl_dc_2

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 04:50:28 PM »

I think Robin was only ever a tour member anyway about 7 or 8 years ago. Trent Reznor plays most if not all the instruments on the NIN albums.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Yes but following an album bands usually tour and if its coming out later this year (CD is also supposed to come out later this year then G'n'R would tour as well) and Robin already left G'n'R a couple years ago to tour w/ NIN

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 05:09:44 PM »

From the article it sounds like Trent's going for more of a band thing (Grohl is replacing a drum machine for this album), so if Robin isn't invloved now, then he probably won't be involved later. Just a guess.

I bet Trent doesn't want him anyway, wrong or right. Probably thinks the association with Axl would taint his stuff.

Should be interesting to hear this NIN album. I love Grohl as a drummer... him with Reznor should be interesting.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if NIN record came out before CD! People refer to Reznor's delay between these albums as a long one (Fragile came out in 1999, same year as Oh My God)....

...Axl owns that competition though! He's managed to fill 13 years with no new material (save OMG, an incomplete track). That's gotta be some kind of record for a reigning pop/rock star.

I've seen enough.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »

I've always loved his drumming. It would be nice to hear him on the album, but I doubt Grohl will ever tour as a drummer. He did lay the tracks down for QOTSA, but didint tour. It will be nice to see NIN with Grohl

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 05:35:59 PM »

Don't think robin will be going back to NIN, trent said before that version of nine inch nails is over.. of course, things change.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 05:42:51 PM »

Wouldn't it be hilarious if NIN record came out before CD!

Not in the least. I totally expect it to come out before CD.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 06:01:18 PM »

i seriously hope dave grohl doesnt join NIN. dave grohl sucks arse. NIN dont. it would be nice if robin stuck with guns too.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 06:08:52 PM »

OMG, an incomplete track

Huh

How do you figure?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 06:15:03 PM »

I dont think its incomplete but they have changed it up at Rio.The intro is much better at rio...

Speaking of RIo...I just watched it the other night. I havnt seen it in aswhile. What a fukin show!. FOr any1 who doubts this bands chemisty or passion on stage, please do youself a favor and go wathc that tape. Axl and the whole band gave 1000% THey all jammed together and were laghing. What a fukin show. That is how I got into new gnr, now I know why. When I first saw that tape back in 2001 I was amazed. Everytme I watch it I gain more and more love and appreciation for this band....they fukin rock......

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 06:15:20 PM »

not sure if trent would ask him to tour or not, but in the past robin has said that no matter what, if trent called upon him, he would be there.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 06:15:47 PM »

The link doesn't work. Is Dave joining NIN or is he just recording the drums of the new album?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 06:26:15 PM »

The link doesn't work. Is Dave joining NIN or is he just recording the drums of the new album?

I heard he will be/or already drummed on 2 tracks. Since the link doesn't work, it's unclear if his role has been changed to the drummer for this whole album...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 06:27:56 PM »

Idoubt he's joinging NIN, afterall he still has his Foo Fighters band, and he has his other side project Thats hard rock 70's sounding band. (forgot the name) I couldnt see Grohl in it for any long haul. I think he just enjoys playing drums on albums.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 06:30:24 PM »

No, just doing some studio work..

On topic, I have to think if Trent asked Robin and Axl had no album release date or tour plans in sight, Robin would be off like a prom dress for a NIN tour.

He's done it before, he'd be crazy not to this time around if the situation presented itself.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 06:34:37 PM »

Slightly off topic but, Does anybody know if the respect and admiration Axl feels towards Trent is reciprocal?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 07:03:21 PM »

Slightly off topic but, Does anybody know if the respect and admiration Axl feels towards Trent is reciprocal?

I never heard of Reznor saying anything good or bad about Axl so one would guess he's indifferent.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 07:23:36 PM »

On topic, I have to think if Trent asked Robin and Axl had no album release date or tour plans in sight, Robin would be off like a prom dress for a NIN tour.

Have to say you're right...Robin's been patient, but if there's no plans out there and Tommy, Dizzy, and Brain are still doing their own things, he'd be crazy not to.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 07:40:20 PM »

OMG, an incomplete track

Huh

How do you figure?

I thought even Axl said it wasn't finished. That it was like a demo. My memory gets worser and worser, but I'm pretty sure I've seen words to that effect posted here more'n once.

I've seen enough.
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 08:44:38 PM »

The link works, you have to cut and paste the entire link into your browser.

I thought it was interesting that the Exies were mentioned here. I once met a guy Noelle Golden that helped produce and mix their first album. I met him on the plane and we talked about music for 8 hours, incidentally he gave me their CD before it was ever released.

Anyway, he told me all about the Axl recording sessions, how they went on all night, how he knew people who worked on it etc. Not much that we dont know already (as a point of reference, he said Axl had spent 11 million on the record at that point, what are we up to now,13?).

He also told me about the Velvet Revolver idea before it became widely known. Some of the ideas before Weiland were in the band were to have a female singer or KID ROCK as the lead singer doing old GNR tunes with Slash, Duff, Sorum etc. That would have been pretty cool.

Back to this thread- do we know of anybody ever looking at RUMBO RECORDING or whereever it is Axl is making this record? It was mentioned in the Rolling Stone article back in 00. Anybody live near there that sees Axl coming and going or anything? Obviously they arent going to have a webcam like NIN, but it would be good to hear something. We dont even know if Axl is working on the record!

Long first post I know, I have been lurking for a while. The Exies reference made me think about all of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: