Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR in EW article
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR in EW article  (Read 6589 times)
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« on: November 27, 2004, 11:30:52 AM »

The December, 3, 2004 edition of Entertainment Weekly features a big section entitled Buried Treasure which features "two dozen legendary lost projects by some of our favorite artists", and look who made the list...

GUNS N' ROSES
Is there hope for Chinese Democracy

It's been 11 years sine the last album by the original Guns N' Roses, and for almost that long we've heard rumors and promises of a new one by a reconstituted GN'R (with all new member, save Axl). So far theres a title - Chinese Democracy - but now actual product. Why the delay? The band - which includes ex-Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, and guitarist Buckethead - is under contractual obligation not to talk about the recording process, but one source (not a band member) tells us of  long days, weeks, months, and years spent in an L.A. studio waiting for Rose to show, which he actually did sometimes. (A former spokesperson says that Rose can't talk about the project until it's finished.) Back in 2003, a source close to the band hoped the CD would see the light of day "soon." - Tom Sinclair
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 11:35:45 AM »

well, Buckethead is out of GN'R so they need to proofread and edit their info before they send it to print.

Their infamous source or whatnot should pay attention to the facts
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 11:37:57 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 11:44:30 AM »

A spokeperson for buckethead said something similar after bucketheads departure,

"Rose not the one putting most effort in the production" i think the quote was something like that

could it be? Majestro axl Grin

Thanks for for the info ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 12:00:53 PM »

It's obvious they're not paying attention to what is going on by mentioning bh, they just know there's a album with a name that doesn't come out.. To think I went to see end of days around this time in 99.. Shocked
Death Cube K
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 12:36:38 PM »

I love these anonynomus sources..it brings so much truth to the issues at hand.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 12:43:47 PM »

Yea, but if the anonymous source said that Axl was working like a madman on that record and it was amazing, you'd be dancing in the streets.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 02:47:50 PM »

I know they haven't said much to begin with, but a new article is stating that they are both under contract NOT to say anything.? Maybe that's why the only word that comes out of Tommy's mouth is soon, or the landing pad is near.? Found this article for ya....

Guns N' Roses - Is there hope for Chinese Democracy?

Tom Sinclair
3 December 2004
Entertainment Weekly
Copyright ? 2004 Bell & Howell Information and Learning Company. All rights reserved.

IT'S BEEN 11 YEARS SINCE THE LAST album by the original Guns N' Roses, and for almost that long we've heard rumors and promises of a new one by a reconstituted GN'R (with all new members, save Axl). So far there's a title, Chinese Democracy, but no actual product. Why the delay? The band, which includes ex--Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson, and guitarist Buckethead, is under contractual obligation not to talk about the recording process, but one source (not a band member) tells of long days, weeks, months, and years spent in an L.A. studio waiting for Rose to show, which he actually sometimes did. (A former spokesperson says that Rose can't talk about the project until it's finished.) Back in 2003, a source close to the band hoped the CD would see the light of day "soon."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 02:52:35 PM by grog mug » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 02:58:02 PM »

thanks, Smiley

those ho write in the press should check the facts, buckethead is not in the band ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 04:11:28 PM »

hey thanks grog for the article, I agree with you Norway; damn media now a days never checks its facts; but that is interesting to read that Axl is also can not speak about the project ether until its finished; thats very weird; would that be a contractual thing with the record company, I always figured it was axl who didnt want anything said about it

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »

I thought it was one of the most interesting articles to date.  Even Axl can't speak about his own album?  Maybe Buckethead will actually come back after all seeing his name involved with GN'R again.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 04:58:42 PM »

"those ho write in the press should check the facts, buckethead is not in the band"

not only that, he doesn't talk! Herbie may talk but not buckethead...LOL hihi
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 05:27:39 PM »

I assumed that was a typo...that they meant to say that "stinson" can't talk about the
album. Why on earth wouldn't Axl be able to talk about his own CD? I can understand
why they may not be able to talk about the tour, but it's inconceivable to think that AXL
can't speak about it.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2004, 05:37:55 PM »

I doubt very much that there is an edict from Universal prohibiting Axl from speaking about the album...I've got a very good idea where the mandate is coming from...Just as the writer seemed to think that bucket was stil in the band, I believe he also was in error with the Axl comment...I'm thinking it should've said something along the lines of "Axl refuses to discuss the album prior to its release."l
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004, 07:27:52 PM »

and there it is again.......that word.......... SOON  Lips Sealed
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

and there it is again.......that word.......... SOON? Lips Sealed

Actually that is a back to the future soon.....we've gotten a few Soons this year also!!! 2004 WOOT WOOT.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 09:29:18 PM »

Either way it could be a bitter ex employee, or the obvious, no album, missing studio work

1+1=2

Theidea that the group members are under contract to be into secrets is lame, maybe tommy knows everything and has been lying..
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 10:08:59 PM »

hey thanks grog for the article, I agree with you Norway; damn media now a days never checks its facts;

silly people.. facts dont sell magazines.. sensational bullshit does.  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 10:41:55 PM »

Well it was EW that gave the new GnR a good review on their first return in LV. So I can't dislike them too much. As much shit changes with the gnr camp and as tight lipped as they are, it probably is tough to get the story straight.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

Sloppy on the facts, but at least GnR  gets a mention...
Any press is good press, right? Tongue

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 02:13:51 AM »

Haven't seen an article in a couple of months, so reading SOMETHING on GN'R is a good thing.  Maybe it's a good thing they don't talk about it.  When it comes out we'll just get an explosion of great music thrown at us.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: