Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Silk worms
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silk worms  (Read 12155 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2004, 09:05:54 PM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

I agree. I am exited about the fact GNR are going to be pushing the envelope much more thanthe old band was willing to do. If you are still dissapointed that GNR isn`t going to be like the old band, doing all the aerosmith meets AC/DC sound, listen to the old stuff or go get Contraband.

VR is good, but not groundbreaking.

And Silkworms is an awesome song. Its not pop friendly, maybe thats why a lot of people don`t like it. It isn`t Sweet Child O` Mine.

I like indutrial music, NIN is one of my favourite bands, but if I want to listen good industrial music, I'll take a NIN cd, if I want some good rock music, I'll pick up GN'R. There's no need for such a change, Silkworms is pure crap in the industrial style, too. SW is not bad, because it's not pop or mainstream (I like a lot of non-mainstream music), it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an SW style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

In your opinion it's crap, but there are alot of people who like this song.

1. The board has 4116 members right now. It includes a lot of inactive members, and a lot of people are registered on other GN'R boards, too. I don't think that the sum of internet using GN'R fans would top 30,000.

2. Even if every internet fans like this song, it's not enough for Nu-GN'R.

3. I shoewd the Nu-GN'R songs to some of my friends, some of them are GN'R fans, some of them like only a few songs, some of them didn't like the old band. All of them said that SW is the worst song they had ever heard. Some of the older fans liked Madagascar and found The Blues and CD to be mediocre, but listenable songs. They hated the other ones (Rhiad, OMG). Believe me, the world 'is not ready' to accept a Silkworms type album. Not only from Axl, from any musician, cause it's really that bad.
I showed the song

What I'm saying is just because YOU dont like the song it doesnt mean that it's crap. I love it, i think it's a really cool song.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2004, 10:17:48 PM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

I agree. I am exited about the fact GNR are going to be pushing the envelope much more thanthe old band was willing to do. If you are still dissapointed that GNR isn`t going to be like the old band, doing all the aerosmith meets AC/DC sound, listen to the old stuff or go get Contraband.

VR is good, but not groundbreaking.

And Silkworms is an awesome song. Its not pop friendly, maybe thats why a lot of people don`t like it. It isn`t Sweet Child O` Mine.

I like indutrial music, NIN is one of my favourite bands, but if I want to listen good industrial music, I'll take a NIN cd, if I want some good rock music, I'll pick up GN'R. There's no need for such a change, Silkworms is pure crap in the industrial style, too. SW is not bad, because it's not pop or mainstream (I like a lot of non-mainstream music), it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an SW style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

Remeber that you are comparing a live version to finished product.  If it comes out on Chinese Democracy and it sucks, I`ll agree with you.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2004, 03:57:47 AM »

These Silk Worms threads are so very similar to the My World threads

I like what MikeGuiliana said - "something for everyone"

what is the big deal if GN'R makes a song that you don't like...
for chrissakes - just tonight I read someone posted that they hate Estranged!  Shocked
LOL!

GN'R has always been diverse in their music.
November Rain was kicking around since the AFD days
and c'mon!  SCOM is on AFD... even though its so different from the rest of the tracks on AFD

the Illusions albums were also very diverse

And Axl has spoke about evolving and progressing the bands sound many times

Whether or not Silkworms is on CD... its an indication of things the band have worked on while working on the music for CD
It doesn't mean that any certain percentage per se is going to be like Silkworms... Just means that they have worked on a wide variety of sounds
This does not surprise me.
Axl said CD will be a melting pot. 
GN'R itself is a melting pot.

Why should they limit themselves to one certain sound?
They have the talent and creativity to do so much more than "yer straight rocker"!

anyway, I really like Silkworms very much.
I love some of the descriptions some of you posted.
My immediate impression of the song was that I was blown away...
The intro is just so out there...  spacey... kinda like its lifting you off the ground softly
then BAM they slam you right back down to the ground
The effects.. the gutiars... the vocals.. the lyrics...
Love... love... love... LOVE!

I hope we DO get a studio recording of this song.  ok

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2004, 04:35:07 AM »

The work of Chris Pittman and Dizzy Reed.  Undecided

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2004, 04:41:24 AM »

Silkworms it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an Silkworms style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

1) I totally agree with you...until the last sentence.
2) "Axl had to realize that Silkworms is pure crap, so he'll never release it": come on if he played it, if he decided to sing it in front of 200.000 people in Rio, it's because he wanted it. In my opinion it was like a test. Something like "ok let's play that song and that kind of music (indus) and let's see the reaction": and the general reaction was absolutely terrible, Axl has to understand that with this kind of music he goes to failure. I hope he understood that when "my world" appeared. But he didn't. He has continued to write and to loose time on unecessary undus style songs. I can't believe "chinese democracy" is going to be an indus record, if it was, it would be a nightmare. a real nightmare. This is my biggest fear: to buy "chinese democracy" and to discover 14 or 15 indus tracks....even one would be a desapointement. do you listen to me? even one. I don't want him to repeat the same mistake he did on UYI 2 with "my world". UYI2 would have been considered as one of the greatest record of all time unless "my world". But that song destroyed the reputation of this record. How to ruin an entire album with the last track...what a mistake.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 04:48:14 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 05:12:39 AM »

Silkworms it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an Silkworms style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

1) I totally agree with you...until the last sentence.
2) "Axl had to realize that Silkworms is pure crap, so he'll never release it": come on if he played it, if he decided to sing it in front of 200.000 people in Rio, it's because he wanted it. In my opinion it was like a test. Something like "ok let's play that song and that kind of music (indus) and let's see the reaction": and the general reaction was absolutely terrible, Axl has to understand that with this kind of music he goes to failure.

I agree and that's what I wanted to mean. I hope that HOB and RIR3 were tests for the new and 'diverse' material. He had to realize that the world isn't ready for that type of music except of about 30,000 hardcore Axl fans, but they'd buy anything he records, even if it's some kazoo music by his fart. (As some of you mentioned earlier that even Axl's last fart is more valuable than anything on Contraband.)

BTW I have no problems with My World. I consider it as a joke, although I know it wasn't. But you can tell a joke to the same people for only once, so let's forget about releasing SW.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 05:46:48 AM »

Get used to songs like silkworms, omg they sure be some of them on the disc

A lot of others than "hardcore" fans gets into silkworms, it's an amazing song

then it's the scream at the end, hope they put this out as a studiotrack ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2004, 06:34:56 AM »

i love this song! its great when u are pissed off!

what can i do ? with a bitch like u, u know that its true!  its awesome!

great lyrics and very raw! i love it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 01:46:23 PM »

first off, the music is brilliant in this song! some great synth and electronica. very atmospheric, kinda scary. ihope to hear a couple of tracks similiar to this on 'chinese democracy' however' i don't wish nor do i expect the whole album to be like this. Axl lyrics are ok, probably not the best song to play live without a studio version to back it up. but i very much doubt this song will be on the album cos as far as i know it wasn't played during the 2002 shows...so it may have been scrapped.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2004, 05:23:26 PM »

i hate the whole keyboard thing(above poster) i think he should get back to how he started get a excellent guitarist, and rock us for some more years.

html sucks
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2004, 05:26:02 PM »

i dont like the long stupid low volume special effect at the beginning but once the song starts going, it rocks.. i could scream those lyrics on top of my lungs anytime!

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2004, 05:35:36 PM »

Hope he sings it aggresive on the studio track

it really goes in an upward loop, as when you are pissed, ranting and your voice gets more and more intense and ripping rant

Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2004, 03:21:05 AM »

I think the people that hate this song need to experience it live.  Front row in Vegas will change your mind forever about Silk Worms.  It was one of the best songs performed that night.  I'll never forget how much the band loved performing it, and it sounds nothing like the Rio bootleg.
Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2004, 09:05:01 PM »

what can i do ? with a bitch like u, u know that its true!? its awesome!

has any one heard this new version of Silkworms?

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=611B25EF415247356FC825B14688050E

it sound like a new studio clip to me!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2004, 09:31:07 PM »

what can i do ? with a bitch like u, u know that its true!? its awesome!

has any one heard this new version of Silkworms?

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=611B25EF415247356FC825B14688050E

it sound like a new studio clip to me!

Sounds like a Rio Live Clip to me.   Roll Eyes

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2004, 09:47:26 PM »

The GNR community has not waited 11 years for Silk Worms quality songs. I think that says it all if that song makes CD.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2004, 09:48:54 PM »

Thats RIR3 for sure.  Just a little more synth through the first few seconds.
Wild Horses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2004, 02:04:42 AM »

I like Silkworms. 
It's different from the other new songs we have heard. 
I'm excited to see all the different directions that the music is evolving.

aRs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2004, 06:45:15 AM »

Hey guys, i up "Sillk worms - Live Rock In Rio 3, the mp3".

This is the link.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/gnrdownloads/Guns_N__Roses_-_Silkworms_.mp3

And my site, is:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/gnrdownloads/index.html

Enjoy! Wink

The best Guns N' Roses brazilian forum
www.gnrsuicide.cjb.net
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2004, 08:37:39 AM »

The GNR community has not waited 11 years for Silk Worms quality songs. I think that says it all if that song makes CD.
+1.
Since the first day I have said that indus kind of music would be a faillure for an Axl/GN'R come back, and I have never changed my mind and will never change it because I'm convinced that Indus Music is not what Guns n' Roses needs. Modernizing the sound, yes ok no problem, it is necessary because we are not in 1987 or 1991 anymore, Madagascar is the perfect exemple of what would be good, and silkworms the perfect exemple of what would be bad for "chinese democracy". There is a big difference between modernizing your sound, modernizing your music, and make indus music. Indus music is way to extreme. Now it's Axl's band, if Axl wants to make indus this is his right, but I hope he won't be surprised if nobody buy the record and iF it turns into a huge failure because it sounds indus. That's not good music quality. he can wait ,10,15 or 20 years, bad music will always be bad music. That's as simple as that. and Silkworms is bad music. It happens that's not a crime! you can be one of the most talented musician and sometimes make bad music. The most important is not to make it again. The most important is to avoid to make another ones. And Indus is not the good direction. I hope Geffen Record also told him that? and made him understand that.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 08:50:28 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: