Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Silk worms
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silk worms  (Read 12175 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 11:31:13 AM »

I don't hear floyd anywhere in there, and I invision firestarter everytime I hear the song.. SOund effects and noise is what I'm hearing with axl's voice trying to be a tad different..

To each his own though, this is why people will enjoy cd, something for everyone..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 11:48:32 AM »

It's the worst GN'R song ever, and one of the worst songs in the history of music.
same for "oh my god" or "my world". It is a question of musical style. Indus music doesn't work for GN'R. but hoppefully, there are other songs, more "normal" songs like the blues and madagascar.

I like "oh my god", but silkworms and rhiad.....maybe i just don't get them or maybe i haven't given them many options. i listened to them a long time ago but haven't heard them for a while.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 12:50:25 PM »

Back then, axl had to defend sweet child since metal bands wasn't supposed to do that shit

Do you think it's the same thing here with silkworms and some of the new songs?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 01:17:30 PM »

It's the worst GN'R song ever, and one of the worst songs in the history of music.
same for "oh my god" or "my world". It is a question of musical style. Indus music doesn't work for GN'R. but hoppefully, there are other songs, more "normal" songs like the blues and madagascar.
Or rather they don't work for you?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2004, 01:22:54 PM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

I agree. I am exited about the fact GNR are going to be pushing the envelope much more thanthe old band was willing to do. If you are still dissapointed that GNR isn`t going to be like the old band, doing all the aerosmith meets AC/DC sound, listen to the old stuff or go get Contraband.

VR is good, but not groundbreaking.

And Silkworms is an awesome song. Its not pop friendly, maybe thats why a lot of people don`t like it. It isn`t Sweet Child O` Mine.

I like indutrial music, NIN is one of my favourite bands, but if I want to listen good industrial music, I'll take a NIN cd, if I want some good rock music, I'll pick up GN'R. There's no need for such a change, Silkworms is pure crap in the industrial style, too. SW is not bad, because it's not pop or mainstream (I like a lot of non-mainstream music), it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an SW style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2004, 01:31:44 PM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

I agree. I am exited about the fact GNR are going to be pushing the envelope much more thanthe old band was willing to do. If you are still dissapointed that GNR isn`t going to be like the old band, doing all the aerosmith meets AC/DC sound, listen to the old stuff or go get Contraband.

And Silkworms is an awesome song. Its not pop friendly, maybe thats why a lot of people don`t like it. It isn`t Sweet Child O` Mine.

I like indutrial music, NIN is one of my favourite bands, but if I want to listen good industrial music, I'll take a NIN cd, if I want some good rock music, I'll pick up GN'R. There's no need for such a change, Silkworms is pure crap in the industrial style, too. SW is not bad, because it's not pop or mainstream (I like a lot of non-mainstream music), it's bad, because it's bad. I tried to listen the song for at least 20 times, but I just didn't like it. Some weeks ago I listened it again (HOB), and it was even worse than I remembered! If CD will contain that type of music, then it won't be an album for me, and I can predict that an SW style comeback will make Axl the biggest looser in the music history. But it won't happen, Axl had to realize that SW is pure crap, so he'll never release it.

In your opinion it's crap, but there are alot of people who like this song.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2004, 01:38:47 PM »

1. The board has 4116 members right now. It includes a lot of inactive members, and a lot of people are registered on other GN'R boards, too. I don't think that the sum of internet using GN'R fans would top 30,000.

2. Even if every internet fans like this song, it's not enough for Nu-GN'R.

3. I shoewd the Nu-GN'R songs to some of my friends, some of them are GN'R fans, some of them like only a few songs, some of them didn't like the old band. All of them said that SW is the worst song they had ever heard. Some of the older fans liked Madagascar and found The Blues and CD to be mediocre, but listenable songs. They hated the other ones (Rhiad, OMG). Believe me, the world 'is not ready' to accept a Silkworms type album. Not only from Axl, from any musician, cause it's really that bad.
I showed the song

Rollin' on the streets
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2004, 01:53:07 PM »

who said silk worms was going to be gnrs comeback song?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2004, 01:53:57 PM »

what I want you to know is that an indus album is going to be a huge failure.

3. I shoewd the Nu-GN'R songs to some of my friends, some of them are GN'R fans, some of them like only a few songs, some of them didn't like the old band. All of them said that SW is the worst song they had ever heard. Some of the older fans liked Madagascar and found The Blues and CD to be mediocre, but listenable songs. They hated the other ones (Rhiad, OMG). Believe me, the world 'is not ready' to accept a Silkworms type album. Not only from Axl, from any musician, cause it's really that bad.
I showed the song
+1000. thank you, a realistic guy on this board like me.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 01:59:36 PM »

If the wanna make an indus album and acheive that, then it will not be a failure ok

If they wanna be on top 40 for while, thats another discussion

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2004, 02:33:51 PM »

who said silk worms was going to be gnrs comeback song?

As I stated in my earlier post (maybe you read that) I hope that Axl realized Silkworms is bad and it won't be on the album.
But because chineseblues said that some people like it, I made a new post mentioning that releasing this type of music doesn't make any good for Axl & Co. Read carefully.

Rollin' on the streets
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 02:43:55 PM »

Silkworms is just one indus song. the problem is to know how many "silkworms" Axl and/or the band have done. how many unecessary songs like that do we have to "discover"? it's good to write 70 or 80 songs, but if 90% of them are indus crap, they are totally unecessary.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 02:50:11 PM »

for some people it seems Undecided

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 03:46:32 PM »

Axl in Argentina, 2001:

R&P: Is your new material more industrial? We hear that it is not very similar to that of your old band.

Axl: It is not industrial, the closest thing to that was perhaps Oh My God, but there are some songs that won't be on the album that were this way. There will be all kinds of styles, many influences as blues, mixed in the songs. But not so much inspiration of Aerosmith or AC/DC that was used on Appetite. Buckethead, his first influence and the reason why he grabbed a guitar for the first time was Angus Young of AC/DC. Several of the boys love to play AC/DC. It is only we will play other styles. When we tried writing songs in the old style of Guns N' Roses, they sounded too old, they didn't sound so alive. We could not make that. And I think that that also passed with the old Guns N' Roses. The songs composed by the boys for another album many years ago, everything sounded old. Then we tried to explore to maintain the band alive.

Source: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=38

You're all overreacting.  Tongue

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 03:53:07 PM »

Silkworms is just one indus song. the problem is to know how many "silkworms" Axl and/or the band have done. how many unecessary songs like that do we have to "discover"? it's good to write 70 or 80 songs, but if 90% of them are indus crap, they are totally unecessary.

Well? I hope u do know why the old GNR members left. They dident want to make indus. music! So.. If thats ur opinion, then i think ur gonne be let down by GNR new release!
And, because GNR are using ind. music, it dosent mean that they are going to me a new NIN or somthing like that! It means that they wanna make more power in theyr songs with industrial sound.. I dont know this, but i belive Silkworms, is a smal version of what kind of music GNR are going to make... Listen to Madagascar, and Chinese Democracy.. There are alot of ind. sound.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2004, 03:56:23 PM »

most of the new live tracks from GNR (chinese democ) are crap. Thoguh im still gonna get the album.

html sucks
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2004, 04:11:02 PM »

Terrible...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2004, 05:33:21 PM »

you could tell the song was in the works when the played it live but I dont think it will the album

EEEERRRR Little boy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 05:49:10 PM »

im listening to the greatest hits album right now and ive never heard that one before. And theres a song i havnt heard properly before called "patience" and its a slow song , which i hate, but its so emotional i like it. 

html sucks
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2004, 08:43:58 PM »

I didnt really like silkworms at all its pretty wierd. I think the song needs to be developped more Because i think it sounds more like a demo. But anything new from Gn'r is okay with me.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: