Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Silk worms
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silk worms  (Read 12202 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: November 25, 2004, 05:56:29 AM »

This is a great song, kinda scary, dangerous, nevroutic and potent and have all the twitches to it

but what is this song about?

death? is he singing pussy for the maggots or something else Huh

can't wait to hear this as a studio version peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 06:04:23 AM »

SOrry to say that is my least favorite song, even my world beats this one.. I hope we never ever hear the likes of that song again.. Made me think of prodigy the first time I heard it and that's all I have to say about that.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 06:06:26 AM »

Pussy full of maggots

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 06:08:57 AM »

SOrry to say that is my least favorite song, even my world beats this one.. I hope we never ever hear the likes of that song again.. Made me think of prodigy the first time I heard it and that's all I have to say about that.

I dont think the song was too bad in all fairness. I may be wrong but I reckon it may be very different by now it was a pretty early incarnation of it at Rio in 2001!

The prodigy are an absolutely fantastic group!

shaun
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 06:32:06 AM »

It's an ok song, not as good a raw GN'R song although Wink
it's on par with the average OMG song from End of Days if you aks me? Wink
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 06:36:57 AM by shaun » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 06:51:27 AM »

It's the worst GN'R song ever, and one of the worst songs in the history of music.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 07:04:05 AM »

although not my favorite song i like this song with its sudden changes from slow to fast the lyrics may not be great but the musical 'Mess' sounds great imo but i understand why people dont like it as it aint commercial.  Tongue
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 07:22:20 AM »

I dont think the song was too bad in all fairness. I may be wrong but I reckon it may be very different by now it was a pretty early incarnation of it at Rio in 2001!

This is how I feel, if I want to hear prodigy type songs I will listent o prodigy, but I expect different when I hear gnr.. Hope that makes secne.. I hate industrial music, it has a fake element to it..
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 07:55:27 AM »

This is how I feel, if I want to hear prodigy type songs I will listent o prodigy, but I expect different when I hear gnr.. Hope that makes secne.. I hate industrial music, it has a fake element to it..

Fair play Mike, I wasnt knocking your opinion! I didnt really explain myself properly in my earlier post. I personally wouldnt be keen on Silkworms being on CD, it certainly wouldnt how I invisage Guns music new or old. All I was saying is that its not the worst song in the world and I imagine that 3 years on from Rio the song may be more developed now, cos it seemed pretty unfinished to me in that concert! I know what you mean about some Industrial music sounding kinda fake! But I certainly wouldnt say that about the Prodigy though. 

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 08:01:03 AM »

This is how I feel, if I want to hear prodigy type songs I will listent o prodigy,

and with gnr you wan't appetite revisited? There's so much more availebale now that it was when oldgnr recorded their albums, silkworms is def. not for the mtv or the sellout biz, but it has this approach, it reminds a bit of the danger and mettality in double talking jive

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 08:12:46 AM »

It's the worst GN'R song ever, and one of the worst songs in the history of music.
same for "oh my god" or "my world". It is a question of musical style. Indus music doesn't work for GN'R. but hoppefully, there are other songs, more "normal" songs like the blues and madagascar.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 08:22:52 AM »

I think Silkworms is a great song, it could well be one of the surprises of (one of) the next record(s).

Tough I have to admit: it was not the 'Rio-version' that convinced me, I found the 'Vegas-version' mindblowing.

I like the 'doomy-kinda' intro to the song and the tempo changes halfway through the song. ?I think of it as a short, hard, agressiver rocker.

It's definately something different from the other GNR-tunes and it makes curious to what else they have in store for us. ok

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 08:25:56 AM »

The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based.

axl himself ok

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 10:04:28 AM »

Silkworm is a fantastic song! The new GNR prove that thay can make industrial METAL! Its a great song!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
notlikeMiKE
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 10:07:48 AM »

my worst fear is hearing more songs like silk worms...it's not gnr at all.

'In the end I stand alone, I would kill for company'

www.rocktopusmusic.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 10:15:30 AM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 10:33:21 AM »

Hardrock had some terrible albums in the 70's and 80's but it developed into a serious potent genre

most industrial or electronic rock i've heard has been terrible-

- but as with hardrock i think this genre is here to stay and develope, guns seems to have interest in this direction and i think they will do this genre more justice than previous bands

silkworms has a certain double talking jive direction i like, it's different but really cool an in all

varity rocks,

as axl said: it will be a diverse record peace

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 10:45:11 AM »

Silk Worms is an awesome song. I love Axls voice and punch. The vegas version kicks the rio versions ass. Big time. I can only imagine a studio recording of the song. All th eosunds and everything must sound really cool. You get to hear most of the effects in the intro on the vegas version but im sure it doesnt compare to a studio version. The song has a lot of cool punk elements to it as well. I love the intro and when the band jams towards the end. Cool song...lyrics arent meant to change the world but there cool sleazy lyrics.

When I was talkin to Bumblefoot a few weeks back he asked me to send him the new gnr songs and when he told me about silk worms he siad it had a Pink Floyd vibe to it....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 10:54:05 AM »

Well, we dont know much about what Guns N Roses is! If u think they will make the same type of music az the old GNR did back in the days, well, then ur waiting for nothing!

I agree. I am exited about the fact GNR are going to be pushing the envelope much more thanthe old band was willing to do. If you are still dissapointed that GNR isn`t going to be like the old band, doing all the aerosmith meets AC/DC sound, listen to the old stuff or go get Contraband.

VR is good, but not groundbreaking.

And Silkworms is an awesome song. Its not pop friendly, maybe thats why a lot of people don`t like it. It isn`t Sweet Child O` Mine.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 11:10:08 AM »

Judging from the comments here, undoubtedly this is the very Imposing piece.
The excellent spirit of Adventure with a sense of Abstract (I guess you?ve never seen this phrase in other thread Tongue)

I may prefer this song with stronger kinda primitive Bass beats. Also an additional touch of coherence in the structure may help listeners digestion. The lyrics could be about the song itself?whoops!? Lips Sealed

Overall, I like this song.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: