Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  (Inside) Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver Premiere on December 1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Inside) Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver Premiere on December 1  (Read 40580 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2004, 09:55:39 AM »

watched it again tonight,

it was so fuckin funny when duff and matt were arguin and matt talks how he is like the guy on american idol who can tell within the first note and duff tells him to go judge american idol then! hihi hihi hihi hihi

thats was great! Matt should go just American Idiol instead
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2004, 01:58:43 PM »

That WAS funny when Duff and Matt had that little argument.  Duff and Slash really came off as cool down to earth guys.  Kind of funny when Scott was late for the first rehersal.  You could tell Duff and Slash had experienced that before! 

Too many commercials in this show.  I wished I recorded it first so I could fast forward them.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2004, 02:29:37 PM »

Slash:............singers"  God I was rolling rofl

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2004, 01:24:40 AM »

He was definatly smoking cigarretes badgirl. ok
But one of the funniest moments had to be when they cut to the shot of that fat guy down the WTTJ Axl wail. rofl

That may have been You Could Be Mine Wink

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2004, 04:39:21 AM »

where can we find the inside 0ut video online??

Chinese Democracy!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2004, 09:57:49 AM »

www.easytree.org (DVD format, about 1.5GB)

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2004, 10:21:14 AM »

Yeah duff was smoking cigarettes. I just missed it and saw the cigar.. I'm not use to seeing him smoke cigs, usually he's not doing it during interviews and whateevr when slash n scott are always lighting up..

The fat dude doing the axl yell, I remember hearing or reading an old interview where the guys were like alot of people are sending stuff trying to sound just like axl and they usually just go next in regards..  I don't blame them, new band, try a new way..

I have watched it several times now and I have enjoyed it very much, I can't wait for their next album..
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2004, 10:40:13 AM »

The show is not bad but like someone said too many commercials (60 min. of "show" = 42min. of actual show + 18min. of commercials), but then again, the BTM was the same.

I thought it was kinda cool to see the behind the scenes stuff. I still can't get to like Weiland though...I just dislike the guy. Oh yeah, one VERY annoying thing was the fuckin censorship on the "curse" words. Since they say fuckin or shit every two other words, it's kinda hard to follow what they're saying: "We were like doing *beeep* and that *beeep* show *beeeep* came out and then we thought we were gonna have to *beeeep* *beeeep* to be able to *beeeep* the *beeeep* out of it." Extremely annoying.
I like the live snippets even though they were real short. My favorite part was in the studio. I still prefer the GN'R BTM thing though. But I don't think either of these shows are good enough.

badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2004, 01:43:25 PM »

I still can't get to like Weiland though...I just dislike the guy.

i agree. while i think he is an amazing talent and defintely the right guy for that band, he seems like a bit of a cock. whereas Slash and Duff seem like real people without pretentions who you would want to hang out with, Scott seems quite full of himself. i have read interviews with him, before and after VR, and he is massively self-involved, even for a rockstar.

i also kinda get the feeling he wants to be like Duff...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2004, 02:52:51 PM »

Duff called Matt "the most negative guy I've ever seen" while Axl called him an albatross.

According to Merriam Webster, albatross can mean:
2 a : something that causes persistent deep concern or anxiety b : something that greatly hinders accomplishment

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2004, 03:04:01 PM »

Yeah, nice to see Duff and Axl could agree on at least one thing... Wink

As for Scott, it's mostly the way he behaves that I don't like and also his moves on stage. I must say I was not impressed with his voice either. Too bad Cornell was already taken by Audioslave (what's up with them anyway?)...because THAT would have been badass.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »

Duff called Matt "the most negative guy I've ever seen" while Axl called him an albatross.

According to Merriam Webster, albatross can mean:
2 a : something that causes persistent deep concern or anxiety b : something that greatly hinders accomplishment

Yet Duffs still capable of working/remaining friends with Matt...

And lets not confuse a hyperbolic comment spat out in the heat of an argument with a calculated reflection made in an interview because theyre not exactly the same thing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2004, 03:54:39 PM »

Yet Duffs still capable of working/remaining friends with Matt...

And lets not confuse a hyperbolic comment spat out in the heat of an argument with a calculated reflection made in an interview because theyre not exactly the same thing.

Yeah, lets not forget that Axl is always wrong.

It's impossible that Matt might actually be a negative whining person. Duff even gives an example!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2004, 03:58:43 PM »

What I find funny about Sorum is how he acts as if hes this rock drumming god....hes a descent drummer but nothing special. Hes lucky he got the gnr gig and hes lucky hes remained friends with slash and duff...he should chill

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2004, 04:17:45 PM »

What I find funny about Sorum is how he acts as if hes this rock drumming god....hes a descent drummer but nothing special. Hes lucky he got the gnr gig and hes lucky hes remained friends with slash and duff...he should chill

I guess he has tons of luck, Isn't everyone lucky they got certain breaks in life..?
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2004, 04:30:27 PM »

i agree with this. i remember watching him on the "making the videos" and while the footage featuring him was limited, he seems quite different today.  Undecided
i can see how, potentially, he and Scott wouldn't get along.

just out of curiousity, but now that Scott is sober, why the need to be all separate from the rest of the band? when i was backstage at the meet n greet at Roseland, i was told that Scott never does these functions (although the rest of the band seemed more than gracious). so, if he's not shooting up somewhere, why does he isolate himself like that?

this is just opinion here and i have nothing to back it up, but i get the feeing that Scott studies the "tempermental and tortured front-man" archetype and just acts the role. i think that's why he was such an Axl fan: Axl was the real deal.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2004, 05:12:35 PM »

just out of curiousity, but now that Scott is sober, why the need to be all separate from the rest of the band? when i was backstage at the meet n greet at Roseland, i was told that Scott never does these functions (although the rest of the band seemed more than gracious). so, if he's not shooting up somewhere, why does he isolate himself like that?

An educated guess would say he doesn't want to put himself in any compromising positions with fans and the opportunities that may arise from them.

I don't think he's following any tortured front man archetype, I think he's just a guy who has had serious issues with addiction and the pyschological baggage that goes along with recovery.

Had no idea he was ever any Axl fan either, I knew he holds AFD in high regard but that's about it..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 05:16:14 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 05:44:44 PM »

Yeah, lets not forget that Axl is always wrong.

It's impossible that Matt might actually be a negative whining person. Duff even gives an example!

The fact is, they dont feel the same way towards Matt, for obvious reasons.? Im pointing that out, because you seem to think a hyperbolic comment during a fight is equivalent to Axls comments, and its just not.? Its not about Axl being wrong (but you always seem to misunderstand these things), because if Axl views Matt as an albatross, thats how he views him, theres no real right or wrong about it.? But because after all these years Duff remains friends and bandmates with him, he obviously doesnt feel the same as Axl does.?

Hes one of the best drummers around.? And how does he act like a "drumming god"?? To me, its acting like a guy who cares about what occurs in his band, and isnt shy about voicing his opinion.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 06:05:36 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2004, 06:38:41 PM »

I agree with booker.

WhenI watched the rise of vr I was wondering how they don't all flip out trying to find a singer for so long, it's tough to just sit there and be calm n happy when you feel things are taking forever.. Matt just happens to be vocal, but it doesn't take anything away from him, hell the other guys could have had bad days as well, we just saw that..
I fight with my friends all the time, even say some bad shit to them but within the day all is well and we move on..Shit I fight with my dad alot but I still love the guy more then anything..  Anything we debate for days is a distant memory to them.. Thye'd all get a laugh from this message board/thread.
It's cool that they have such an open relationship where they can say shut up dumb ass, vent, and move on and settle the problem. WHen you have to bight your tongue and tons of shit builds up that's when you need to worry.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2004, 06:51:19 PM »

The fact is, they dont feel the same way towards Matt, for obvious reasons.? Im pointing that out, because you seem to think a hyperbolic comment during a fight is equivalent to Axls comments, and its just not.?

Nice that you know exactly how everybody feels about Matt. 

It makes you think doesn't it? If he can be a whiny drummer around his friends, do you think he's less whiny when one of those friends have left the band? "It won't work without Slash", would you like to hear that when you're trying to put together a band?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: