Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nirvana went,Guns n roses comeback
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nirvana went,Guns n roses comeback  (Read 8098 times)
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 06:39:18 AM »

Yah GN'R have always been trendy here. I remember when i started wearign gunners shirts everyone would be like "oh i remember them they were cool as". Maybe Grunge wasn't as hyped in Oz than in the U.S and U.K.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 07:35:40 AM »

Yeah, I don't know where this "Nirvana went" stuff is coming from.? Their greatest hits "Nirvana" did really well, as did the single "You Got No Right".... plus they're releasing their Box set?...
well,nirvana greatests hits realised in 2002,or 2001 i didn't remember,but in last two years nirvana lost in his popularity,and GNR were more more popular.

You guys have to know paralel between GNR and Nirvana
Nirvana music-is very symple and very comercial(Cobain is very bad guitarist,and bad singer)
GNR music are very different and not comercial(Slash is great guitarist,Axl is the best frontman)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 08:04:07 AM »

Yeah, I don't know where this "Nirvana went" stuff is coming from.? Their greatest hits "Nirvana" did really well, as did the single "You Got No Right".... plus they're releasing their Box set?...
And you don't get it my point...
Ok everybody listened Nirvana since 1993-4,but why?
you had many and many shows abiut nirvana in these days,and nobody weren't talkin' about GNR!!!
But now,when some kid listening AFD and Nevermin she or he said"Nevermind is good,but AFD or UYI that's fuckin great,man"!!!
My point is "gnr were be blocked in these days"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 08:09:15 AM »

yes people got more and more fed up with the rock scene and all this alternative rockers or whatever to call the had their fifteen min until rap, hiphop and britney took the leader seat

now gnr is reloaded and rock is getting more and more mainstream again

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2004, 09:07:07 AM »

So iron is hot now.
The Tide turned in their favour. It lasts for a while till next wave breaks.

Somehow I have a feeling that they are up to something beyond the evanescent trend, unlike VR.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2004, 09:19:24 AM »

Somehow I have a feeling that they are up to something beyond the evanescent trend, unlike VR.

me2 can't wait to hear the second album axl talking about Shocked

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2004, 10:35:13 AM »

So iron is hot now.
The Tide turned in their favour. It lasts for a while till next wave breaks.

Couldnt agree with you more!! Good Shout

me2 can't wait to hear the second album axl talking about Shocked

Same here!!

Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2004, 10:36:27 AM »

Well I became a fan in '99/00 and when Live Era hit, I bought all the t-shirts, but when I went to school just north of Toronto, alot of people laughed at me and made fun of me. But low and behold, by the time I left high school, everyone was Slash this, Gn'R that, Sweet Child this, Welcome To The Jungle that.

So I believe it all works in peaks and valleys, trends so to speak. I liked them when it was not cool, and they were basically a joke. But I think the music outlasts any riot or trend or misconception about the band. When this supposed revival of garage rock or rock in general occurred, its nice but in the same sense anyone who would listen to a classic Gn'R record would know that this new revival pales in comparison to the original, innovative bands of past generations.

I just personally think Gn'R is finally being recognized as a band on par with Zepplin, Sabbath, and other great bands. I mean Nirvana gets way more recognition for its contributions than Gn'R ever did from the general media. Like everyone has said, they were literally forgotten during the mid to late 90's, what they had accomplished basically erased from time. But now all that recognition is finally being given to them. That's how I see it anyways. 
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2004, 11:37:10 AM »

this is story:
in the 1992 and 1993 mtv,vh1,all radio station talking about Nirvana but Guns n Roses had stadiums shows
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 08:51:18 AM »

what is this:
NIRVANA-album name "with the lights out"
SADIS
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 10:07:31 AM »

Nirvana is up there because of all the media supporting them.

GNR is up there without the support of the media.

You do the math.
mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2004, 11:17:21 AM »

Chinese democracy will be one of the best albums in the popular music history and one of the reasons that it was delayed so many times is the subject that we are talkin about - there must be the right time to release it so it can get attention that deserves.Good thing about it is that as time goes by it only can be better.I mean - think - Rose didn't deliever almost anything for almost 10 years - it will be prefect.It will be outrageously beautiful  hihi

Nisam znao da ima toliko fanova u Bgd-u - it's nice to know ok

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 02:23:14 AM »

Chinese democracy will be one of the best albums in the popular music history and one of the reasons that it was delayed so many times is the subject that we are talkin about - there must be the right time to release it so it can get attention that deserves.Good thing about it is that as time goes by it only can be better.I mean - think - Rose didn't deliever almost anything for almost 10 years - it will be prefect.It will be outrageously beautiful? hihi

Nisam znao da ima toliko fanova u Bgd-u - it's nice to know ok

hahahaha
yes chinese democracy will be something special

Ma ima ovde dosta fanova gnr,a odakle si ti
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 03:12:03 AM »

Like everyone has said, they were literally forgotten during the mid to late 90's, what they had accomplished basically erased from time. But now all that recognition is finally being given to them. That's how I see it anyways. 

That was beautifully said.  Thank god that horrid late 90's early 2000's era is over.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 03:18:17 AM »

I am almost glad that the cd they working on didn't come out in 96.  The hype wasn't there.  It would have been kind of a lost treasure.  Also, now they they never did release that cd, the hype for CD becomes that much more.  The last cd of original material they had was a huge success.  That CD in 96 would have sold modestly, and thus taken away some of the mystical qualities that have been given to Axl/CD.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 03:29:50 AM »

I am almost glad that the cd they working on didn't come out in 96.? The hype wasn't there.? It would have been kind of a lost treasure.? Also, now they they never did release that cd, the hype for CD becomes that much more.? The last cd of original material they had was a huge success.? That CD in 96 would have sold modestly, and thus taken away some of the mystical qualities that have been given to Axl/CD.
yes man,in 1996 everybody would talked shit about album.
in 2005 chinese democracy will be a revolution
Elrothiel
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004, 07:57:53 AM »

Hmm... I'm sensing loads of Nirvana hate on this thread... personally, I have nothing against Nirvana except for ONE thing, because although I am a Nirvana fan, I'm a Gn'R obsessive fan, and all the music that came after Nirvana lacked all the rockstarness of the music before, and that's how we ended up with emo shit like Good Charlotte and all the shitness of the late 90s.
But.... its even shittier that the fucking music tv channels were ONLY playing grunge. There are so many different kinds of music, that there should be a seperate music channel for each genre. Like, grunge and alternative on one channel, emo and pussy pop rock on another, goth metal on another, and then hard rock on another. The music tv world would be a better place, although people would watch way too much tv then and become couch potatoes...
Anyhoo, I can't wait to hear CD, and I guarantee, the MOMENT its out in the shops in England, I'm gunna be the first one in the store! Good thing it wasn't out in 96 because I was at a really shitty point of life as a 10 yr old with no access to good music (the only thing I could listen to at that point was the shitty music my parents listened to). I only managed to listen to rock music through watching Kerrang (when we finally got Digital about 5 yrs ago) and Scuzz. Aaaand that's how I got into Guns N' Roses.
Yea!
Oh shit... sorry, I went off on one. I just wanted to say that although there's plenty of reason to, don't hate Nirvana. They weren't bad, they just changed music for a bit, but the rock star style is COMING BACK!! Even though it will probably never be as good as it once was.... Cry ITS STILL COMING BACK!!
Oh bloody hell! Just ignore me, I'm being stupid. I'm tired, and I'm at college, and I've just finished a really annoying painting that I had to paint a STUPID paisley pattern on!! GAH! *runs away to get brain together and stop rambling*
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004, 08:15:24 AM »

i started to listen gnr when i was kid.
when i was teenager i liked nirvana(and many different things)
now in my 20's i like gnr and i i can see that gnr music more and more authenticialy and better than nirvana
SADIS
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2004, 08:29:24 AM »

I always hated Nirvana because everybody loved them, and hated GNR. I was into GNR since 88, I was only 8-9 years old but I played Paradise City and Used To Love Her all day long. And became even a bigger fan in the years to follow. And then I went to high-school where everybody was dissing Axl and praising Nirvana. I hated them for years, untill 3 years ago I gave them a shot and bought the Unplugged album. It sucked big time, I couldn;t tell the difference between all the songs, and the only thing I found good was the David Bowie cover of "The Man Who Sold The World".....

Yes I like SLTS and CAYA but they are just not as good as GNR and what I hate most is that they killed the human instinct of creating a goal and reaching it. They killed that fact that you could enjoy your succes. They stood against everything I like. And they started the ERA of music where singers like Thom Yorke are seen as cool. What the fuck is up with that?

Enjoy being a man, stop whining about being succesfull. I don't like Bon Jovi but he said it right when he said that all the whining singers should get the fuck off the stage if they don't like being succesfull. And leave the stage to people who love being on there.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2004, 08:51:55 AM »

I always hated Nirvana because everybody loved them, and hated GNR. I was into GNR since 88, I was only 8-9 years old but I played Paradise City and Used To Love Her all day long. And became even a bigger fan in the years to follow. And then I went to high-school where everybody was dissing Axl and praising Nirvana. I hated them for years, untill 3 years ago I gave them a shot and bought the Unplugged album. It sucked big time, I couldn;t tell the difference between all the songs, and the only thing I found good was the David Bowie cover of "The Man Who Sold The World".....

Yes I like SLTS and CAYA but they are just not as good as GNR and what I hate most is that they killed the human instinct of creating a goal and reaching it. They killed that fact that you could enjoy your succes. They stood against everything I like. And they started the ERA of music where singers like Thom Yorke are seen as cool. What the fuck is up with that?

Enjoy being a man, stop whining about being succesfull. I don't like Bon Jovi but he said it right when he said that all the whining singers should get the fuck off the stage if they don't like being succesfull. And leave the stage to people who love being on there.

Agree with you man,but i think that's all that facta about grunge"how they don't like succes", are ballshit.
Velver Revolver is the best excample for this,and how scott don't like succes!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: