Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr mention on least metal moments
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr mention on least metal moments  (Read 4445 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 14, 2004, 07:42:25 PM »

I like how they ripped into cheryl crow for covering a rock classic...Did anyone watch the show..?
Riki rathman said something good, saying if you're goingto cover something that's become a rock lassic or standard you better do it right/// Obviously she didn't...

I think she did a bad job, but I like seeing people cover gnr tunes, it shows some resepct towards the band..
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 07:54:28 PM »

It's easy to fuck up gnr songs for those who cover them
Maybe thats why gnr did a punk-cover album... you can't fuck up punksongs hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jgfnsr
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 08:10:29 PM »

Axl should have demanded an apology when she passed by at the VMA's.  hihi
Deborah Mel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:54:42 PM »

drool That Sherryl Crow version of SCOM is really really HORRIBLE! She ruined the song...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

i love her version......lol

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 01:32:05 AM »

Axl should have demanded an apology when she passed by at the VMA's.? hihi

I'm sure he didn't mind, after all she made him a lot of money by covering the song hihi

But it was a terrible cover
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 04:52:02 AM »

I'm sure he didn't mind, after all she made him a lot of money by covering the song hihi

But it was a terrible cover

Yea, but I think SCOM is very personal to Axl, like Slash said in the BTM and I would hope Axl would look deeper than money on the issue.

That's a hatrick for Doull
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 05:24:31 AM »

I think she did a bad job, but I like seeing people cover gnr tunes, it shows some resepct towards the band..

She did a terrible job, it was so sappy and lost all the passion of GN'R.

But when do people cover GNR songs?  I can hardly think of any other than those dodgy tribute albums that are around.  I suppose it would be asking too much for Limp Bizkit to cover Nightrain, they'd have to replace the guitar parts with some nonce scratching vinyl or something!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 10:10:18 AM »

She did a terrible job, it was so sappy and lost all the passion of GN'R.

But when do people cover GNR songs?? I can hardly think of any other than those dodgy tribute albums that are around.? I suppose it would be asking too much for Limp Bizkit to cover Nightrain, they'd have to replace the guitar parts with some nonce scratching vinyl or something!

Did you ever listen to the metal vs electronica afd covers..? It wasn't anything to write home about but it was an interesting twist..

I think it would be difficult for most people who are die hard gnr fans to except any gnr covers ,the people on the forum shold such a high standard..

I remember when vr first covered iot's so easy and everyone was saying it sucks and he doesn't sound like axl.. I try to listen to a cover and realize that it's not suppose to sound like who sang it first, everyone puts a different spin on covers.

axl doesn't sound like dylan on kohd, doesn't sound like sir paul on live n let die but the songs still rock..
axe
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »

But when do people cover GNR songs?? I can hardly think of any other than those dodgy tribute albums that are around.? I suppose it would be asking too much for Limp Bizkit to cover Nightrain, they'd have to replace the guitar parts with some nonce scratching vinyl or something!

I have about 90 GNR cover songs done by other people or bands - and those don't include all the tribute albums. Some of them are decent, most of them horrible. Some are just small live clips or sort of like Ron Thal's SCOM was, made just for fun. 35 of them are versions of Sweet Child, by the way...
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 04:02:45 PM »

That was her in the interview?Huh??  Jesus,I've been asking myself if that's her for the past two years.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 04:39:15 PM »

Sheryl Crows career has been flushed down the toilet since the mid 90's. She had no right to cover this song.

Sherl has a funny connection with STP, because "Days of the Week" was origanally written for her, but Scott decided to keep the song anyway, so STP released it. Poor Sheryl cant write any good songs. crying

The DOTW video is at launch.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 04:50:31 PM »

i saw the show.. it was pretty good.. they ripped on sheryl crow for covering scom, mariah carrey for covering def leppard's bringin on the heartbreak and celine dion for covering ac/dc's shook me all night long.. i think the world would be a much better place if pop-stars stuck to pop songs instead of trying to cover rock songs..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
kira
Opening Act

Blah!

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 04:57:14 PM »

I watched it she did a horrible job. Tongue
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 02:38:03 AM »

at least she didnt butcher the song as much as mariah carrey butchered bringin on the heartbreak.. and i wont even go into celine dion's shook me all night long.. that was just fucking scary..  crying

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
kira
Opening Act

Blah!

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 03:23:00 AM »

at least she didnt butcher the song as much as mariah carrey butchered bringin on the heartbreak.. and i wont even go into celine dion's shook me all night long.. that was just fucking scary..? crying

yeah thats true and omg i forgot about celine dion LOL now that was terrible. Tongue
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 09:32:01 AM »

you gotta admit celine was pretty funny.  i mean the air guitar??? what the hell was that??? rofl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 11:03:04 AM »

you gotta admit celine was pretty funny.? i mean the air guitar??? what the hell was that??? rofl
a frnch canadian doing ac/dc, that was hilarious.. WOnder what was going through her head when she agreed..?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004, 04:10:07 PM »

That was a pretty cool show.  The most metal moments was good for the part I saw of it.  Any word if GnR was mentioned in that one?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 06:46:02 PM »

That was a pretty cool show.? The most metal moments was good for the part I saw of it.? Any word if GnR was mentioned in that one?

gnr were mentioned alot during that show.. they were mentioned about when slash needed to hire a bodyguard to carry him home when he passed out from drinking, the riot, axl vs vince neil, etc..

and about the celine dion thing.. i thought it was hilarious when in the show they showed clips of her covering it to acdc and their facial expression just went "what the fuck?" rofl

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: