Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  MuzicMafia Thread (Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson & Cowboy Troy)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MuzicMafia Thread (Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson & Cowboy Troy)  (Read 3874 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: November 10, 2004, 09:08:03 PM »

Wow these guys have talent..Most of yas just know there one song Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy..but these two dudes have alot of talent..Big Kenny and John Rich, John writes all there songs and Gretchen Wilsons...There debut album'Horse Of A Different Colour is like AFD of Country music..these guys are jsut amazing..The first song on there album is Rollin (The Ballad Of Big & Rich)..really good tune it features Cowboy Troy..this guys awsome..they have a little midget in there band who is hilarious (Two Foot Fred)...Wild West Show is my fav song of the album,Six Foot Town is awsome to and Love Train is the theme song for Blue Collar TV..You guys jsut gotta check em out there amazing..there gonna be one of the biggest bands one day i gurantee it..there country but have a huge rock sound to them..two very talented people though..Check Em Out www.bigandrich.com
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 10:45:15 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 11:39:56 AM »

Like I said before..John Rich has soo much talent...Hes written so many big hits

JOHN RICH of BIG & RICH fame recently told GAC TV that since leaving LONESTAR several years ago, he?s written over 800 songs. That includes FAITH HILL?s leadoff single ?Mississippi Girl? from her upcoming new album ?Fireflies.? If that album hits as big as predicted, John will have three big reasons to smile since he had a hand in writing three of the tunes on Faith?s CD.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 11:40:56 AM »

The 4th CMA Music Festival has come to a close, but it definitely went out with a bang! BIG & RICH made a huge announcement to close the show. This fall, after they wrap up the Deuces Wild Tour with BROOKS & DUNN, they will head out on their own headlining tour with GRETCHEN WILSON and COWBOY TROY. The tour will be called ?The American Revolution Reunion Tour? and it will be sponsored by Chevy. Also it was announced that BIG & RICH will release their sophomore album on November 8 and the lead single is fittingly called, ?The 8th of November?. What a way to kick it off. Rednecks and Hick Hop and Freaks, oh my!

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 12:45:14 PM »

Malcolm, please try to control your obvious hard-on for Cowboy Troy.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:17:21 PM »

Malcolm, please try to control your obvious hard-on for Cowboy Troy.

Naw I was thinking more Gretchen Wilson

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 12:46:04 PM »

I don't know, or want to know, any of their music, but I'm from the same small Indiana town as "Two Foot Fred" (and John Mellencamp, actually). He also has a dwarf brother, and it's pretty trippy seeing them drive their motorized wheelchairs around town. They even own a local bar.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "Appetite for Destruction" of country has to be pre-1980. Maybe something by Johnny Cash or Hank Williams. *Shrug*
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 01:44:38 PM »

I don't know, or want to know, any of their music, but I'm from the same small Indiana town as "Two Foot Fred" (and John Mellencamp, actually). He also has a dwarf brother, and it's pretty trippy seeing them drive their motorized wheelchairs around town. They even own a local bar.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "Appetite for Destruction" of country has to be pre-1980. Maybe something by Johnny Cash or Hank Williams. *Shrug*

Im meaning the whole album kicks major ass..From starting to beginning

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 01:48:27 PM »

I missed the country AFD remark. ?Are you kidding? ?AFD was raw and nasty and full of graphic images from the streets. ?B&R are more like the Warrent of the country world. ?Disease is right, Cash wrote country's AFD some 30-40 years ago. ?It doesn't get any better or nastier than "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »

I missed the country AFD remark.  Are you kidding?  AFD was raw and nasty and full of graphic images from the streets.  B&R are more like the Warrent of the country world.  Disease is right, Cash wrote country's AFD some 30-40 years ago.  It doesn't get any better or nastier than "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die"

Ok im not talking about nastiest or whatever..Im talking about the whole album kicking ass and every song being a hitsingle..so lay off me man..This is my opinion..And ok im the first one to admit johnny Cash was the best because he is my faviourite..But all im saying is big & Rich are amazing and have alot of talent

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 03:15:53 PM »

BIG & RICH say it?s about time! The duo have been writing songs since 1998 and they say it is now time for them to reap the rewards of all of their hard work. Their first album proved a huge success and according to the guys their second album is just about done now. The project is due out in October and the lead song makes mention of the month that follows. John Rich says the first single is titled ?The Eighth of November? and that the album is their chance to ?really stand out? as a duo. Kind of hard to miss them now so we can only imagine what they?ll be like when they stand out!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 06:13:38 PM »

As country duo Big & Rich  continue to hit concert venues on their "Deuces Wild" tour with fellow performers Brooks & Dunn  and The Warren Brothers, the pair is set to release a new studio album on Nov. 15."Comin' to Your City," was produced by Big & Rich (John Rich and Big Kenny) and Paul Worley, chief creative officer for Warner's Nashville imprint, and also co-producer of Big & Rich's 2004 RIAA-certified double-platinum debut album, "Horse of a Different Color."

Like their first album, "Comin' to Your City" features a variety of guest performers. Kris Kristofferson lends his voice to the ballad "8th of November," described in a press release as "a true story about Vietnam vet Niles Harris and the fateful day on November 8, 1965, when the 173rd Airborne Brigade was ambushed by over 1,200 Vietcong during Operation Hump."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: