Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me vent..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me vent..  (Read 18878 times)
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2004, 09:57:31 PM »

Well, I'll say first-off that I'm no big fan of new Gn'R. Bash me all you want, I just don't particularly like the songs I've heard from them. What follows is, therefore, the perspective of someone who isn't buying Chinese Democracy if and when it comes out.

When I talk to people on other message boards about Gn'R, the fall into people who maybe have the greatest hits, or maybe have just heard November Rain or Sweet Child on MTV2. They usually just say "Yeah, Gn'R rock! Slash is a god!" and so on and so forth. Then there's the fans who have the albums, and say "Gn'R rocked! But they turned into a fucking pantomime, which was sad." Then there's fans who also have the albums but say "Gn'R rocked! But Axl Rose turned them into a pantomime, and that's sad." Then there's those who worship the ground Axl walks on, and just know Chinese Democracy is coming out whenever the rumours say it will at that point in time, and get all uppity when anyone slags Axl off, even as a joke. The number of people who actually want Chinese Democracy outside Gn'R communities seems in my opinion to be pretty low.

Gn'R's name has been dragged through the mud since '93, so much so that people laugh about them. That's why I dislike Axl using the Gn'R name. If it had ended in '93 (or at least when Slash left) people would have remembered the band for its music, which, as we all know, kicked ass. But instead people say "Yeah Guns n' Roses, they're still going, right? Axl Rose got off his arse yet? [chuckle]" When and if Chinese Democracy is released, it won't be judged by its content in the Gn'R communities. Those who support Axl will say it rocks, its the best album ever, and its a hundred million times better than old Gn'R. Those who don't support Axl or new Gn'R will say it sucks the massive one.

Velvet Revolver proves he could've had just as much success with 'Axl's Gunners' or whatever, that he didn't need the name to sell records.

Like I say, that's my opinion, and that of those I've talked to on message boards (though I don't pretend that its a general consensus throughout the music world, just my experience). By the way, why does the spell check on this board try to correct 'Axl' and 'Gn'R'? Grin

ummm... i just have one question and ill try and put it as nicely as i can... If you dont like Gn'R old or new then why the fuck are you here?

AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2004, 08:28:43 AM »

If you dont like Gn'R old or new then why the fuck are you here?
Read it again, Sam Roll Eyes

I said i'm no fan of new Gn'R.
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2004, 09:40:03 AM »

the question remains ....what are you doing here ? what do you gain by talking about a band you don't like ?

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2004, 11:02:54 AM »

the question remains ....what are you doing here ? what do you gain by talking about a band you don't like ?

I always thought it was a guns n roses forum ,not just a new gnr forum.. I love how people tell others who were gnr fans their whole life they shouldn't be somewhere because axl made a new band and decided to keep the name,,.. Roll Eyes
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2004, 11:45:48 AM »

I always thought it was a guns n roses forum ,not just a new gnr forum.. I love how people tell others who were gnr fans their whole life they shouldn't be somewhere because axl made a new band and decided to keep the name,,.. Roll Eyes

I just don't get it, I made this comparison before but... I was a Metallica fan, now I'm not... Do I even bother going to their message board ? no. There's nothing in it for me unless you're a twisted person that just likes to bash for the sake of ....bashing....and that is moronic. Are you a velvet revolver fan ? then go to the VR section, or better yet to the official messageboard. Are you an old GNR fan and hate the new ? face it, the old is DEAD .
But no, you're just full of hate and want to bash.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2004, 11:56:36 AM »

Yeah, but where do you that this is a "I hate the new band so I can come here to start shit" place?

I'm pretty sure that if you only love the old band, you'll feel more at home on a Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt or Gilby forum than here.

If you're only here to keep mentioning how much the new band sucks, you won't last long. That's a fact.

I find it very funny how certain "fans" whine when they get banned, that they only got banned for not kissing Axl's ass. If you hate Snakepit and VR, do you go to a Slash forum and tell everybody there that Slash has sucked since he left GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2004, 01:50:10 PM »

Yeah, but where do you that this is a "I hate the new band so I can come here to start shit" place?

I'm pretty sure that if you only love the old band, you'll feel more at home on a Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt or Gilby forum than here.

If you're only here to keep mentioning how much the new band sucks, you won't last long. That's a fact.

I find it very funny how certain "fans" whine when they get banned, that they only got banned for not kissing Axl's ass. If you hate Snakepit and VR, do you go to a Slash forum and tell everybody there that Slash has sucked since he left GN'R?

/jarmo

I would never be on a snakepit board if I didn't like them because they didn't have an established band for years n years with videos n albums then changed the entire sound and try to say it was snakepit again.. That's a poor example though ,snakepit had 2 albums and two lineups, it was a solo project..

All I said was you can't expect everyone to love new gnr based on the boots n wait, I'm sure things will be different when that album comes along, but everyone is entitled to their opinions,,

You say people bashing new gnr on a gnr forum, but people go into the vr section to do the exact same thing.. Or the people that hate on the old band members over stupid articles that don't even matter..

I don't understand why people can't just express their feelings, it's just a message board talking about different things..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2004, 02:29:27 PM »

Because, the idea of this board isn't "Bash the new band as much as you want".

If that's your idea of fun, then you're on the wrong board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »

Because, the idea of this board isn't "Bash the new band as much as you want".

If that's your idea of fun, then you're on the wrong board.

/jarmo

Who just bashes the new band?? I give my reasons and my biggest beef is the wait and lack of concrete info.. I just hate that live yourt life quote, instead of people saying axl isn't coming through or that he has gave numerous definite maybes over the years and it didn't pan out which sucks I get that quote thrown at me like it will change my feelings over the wait..

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »

I get that quote thrown at me like it will change my feelings over the wait

So that?s when you yielded up your soul to the Dark Force.

Come on, Mike. Lay a ghost! rant
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

Who just bashes the new band?? I give my reasons and my biggest beef is the wait and lack of concrete info..

Who told you to wait?

I'm waiting to win on the lottery. You don't see me being bitter and bitching about it to you, do you?

/jarmo

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2004, 04:31:11 PM »

Who just bashes the new band?? I give my reasons and my biggest beef is the wait and lack of concrete info..

Who told you to wait?

I'm waiting to win on the lottery. You don't see me being bitter and bitching about it to you, do you?

/jarmo
I
I think there's a little more evidence that a gnr album is suppose to happen compared to you possibly picking the correct winning numbers.. Then tell me what else is there to anticipate with new gnr then an album?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2004, 04:36:06 PM »

There's actually more going on in the GN'R world now, than there were in 1997.

There's supposed to be a new single from Tommy Stinson.

There's VR. While waiting for GN'R, you can enjoy those.  ok

It sucks that there's no new album from GN'R, but you can't just sit and dwell. It just doesn't help.

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2004, 05:37:30 PM »

/jarmo

I hope Axl brings in some other musicians who release solo albums, so we'll be happy to have them, although we maybe never hear CD.  Undecided Don't misunderstand me, I think Tommy made a good record, but... Axl is a musician and not some DJ Smith who shows us good musics he discovered but doesn't release an album...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2004, 08:00:15 PM »

There's VR. While waiting for GN'R, you can enjoy those.? ok

It sucks that there's no new album from GN'R, but you can't just sit and dwell. It just doesn't help.

/jarmo

I will enjoy vr as I have since I bought their first album ,I've wore out two albums already.. Cheesy Thank god the album comes with the covers hihi
I know you're running a board and don't want negative copmments, for that I aplogize, just understand we all deal with frustration differently, and it wasn't meant to annoy others nor knock anyone...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2004, 08:08:07 PM »

Negative comments aren't the problem, it's usually the person posting them, and the way in which they post them, that becomes the problem.

Don't make this out to be the "anti-anybody that dislike new gnr" board that it isn't

I've wore out two albums already.. Cheesy

How the...fuck did you do that?

No, seriously? How do you 'wear out' an album? Do you buy your albums from a bloke down the market?

Because, mate...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2004, 12:47:44 AM »

If you don't like GN'R's new songs your crazy.  Madagascar is one of the best songs Guns N' Roses have ever had.  Download every version you can get a hold of and listen closely to how great this song is and always will be.  Just wait until a studio version comes out you'll see just how truely great this song really is.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2004, 07:09:34 AM »

Well I should say the one in my stereo and car got worn out from touching it, just scratched and skipped.. I do listen to them eevry day, but they were damaged from handling them..
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2004, 12:58:38 PM »

Bugger, had a great reply, then the session timed out and I lost it. Gah, never mind.

I don't hate the new band. I'm not here to start shit. I haven't said once the new band sucks.

I don't like vanilla coke. Doesn't mean I hate vanilla coke, or think it sucks. Doesn't mean I start shit with people that like vanilla coke. I just prefer ordinary coke. I can still give an unbiased opinion on vanilla coke.

I think that Axl shouldn't have kept the name Gn'R because the name has been dragged through the mud. Its not his fault; the media haven't been very kind to him regarding the long wait for Chinese Democracy. If the name Gn'R had died, then it would've been remembered for the music and general badass rock 'n' roll-ness. Every time Rolling Stone or whoever take the piss out of Axl and his band, people think "Gn'R is nuts! They haven't released an album for ten years!" I hope you understand what I'm saying, that's the worst explanation in the history of everything.

If you don't like GN'R's new songs your crazy
Yeah, I'm crazy. I'm fuckin' crazy, hey hey. Ya know I'm crazy.

Sorry, I had to confused
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2004, 05:56:20 PM »

Well I should say the one in my stereo and car got worn out from touching it, just scratched and skipped.. I do listen to them eevry day, but they were damaged from handling them..

Dude, that's what the hole in the middle is for...In a way. Put a finger through that, and use your remaining digits to grip the side (the side, mind) of the CD.

You would save yourself a lot of money.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: