Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me vent..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me vent..  (Read 18877 times)
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2004, 08:23:18 PM »

"Can someone present one bit of evidence that there is still a Guns N Roses band alive and kicking in the world today? For the past 2 years the band has been seperated, the lead guitarist quit, they cancelled Rock in Rio, no news on the album...why are we still here discussing the new Guns N Roses? There is no band, this whole thing is joke. How anyone can continue to hope is beyond me. Yeah a 43 year-old Axl Rose is going to take over the world the way he did when he was 22 and scrapping to make ends meet? I don't think so...it's done. Axl Rose is never going to deliver people...face it."

a quote from a very wise man.

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2004, 08:26:14 PM »

it all comes down to whether you have a life or whether you don't.......... if you have a life like Jarmo, you won't mind if Chidem is released because...simply... ?you have a life ?Tongue

If you're like me, and Do not have a life, then ..you're in for big trouble... Now, I'll never bash axl or believe he has to prove something to the world or that he owes me something because I bought five of his albums ?more than a decade ago. So what do you do ? either stay and bash... or wait till sweet death comes along while struggling to stay positive.
I'll choose none. When december comes along... and there's no word from axl... I'll bid you all farewell.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2004, 08:43:07 PM »

40-year old kylie did a comeback, pink floyd were huge with gray hair,
NO we will not see hairspray axl again, but he WILL deliver ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2004, 09:19:43 PM »

Axl really should put out a statement regarding CD (good business practice), but it's not like the world is going to end because he won't.

Sexual intercourse exists for a reason. Plus it's good for passing time.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2004, 09:32:14 PM »

Sexual intercourse exists for a reason. Plus it's good for passing time.

Agree Tongue

AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2004, 09:20:34 AM »

Well, I'll say first-off that I'm no big fan of new Gn'R. Bash me all you want, I just don't particularly like the songs I've heard from them. What follows is, therefore, the perspective of someone who isn't buying Chinese Democracy if and when it comes out.

When I talk to people on other message boards about Gn'R, the fall into people who maybe have the greatest hits, or maybe have just heard November Rain or Sweet Child on MTV2. They usually just say "Yeah, Gn'R rock! Slash is a god!" and so on and so forth. Then there's the fans who have the albums, and say "Gn'R rocked! But they turned into a fucking pantomime, which was sad." Then there's fans who also have the albums but say "Gn'R rocked! But Axl Rose turned them into a pantomime, and that's sad." Then there's those who worship the ground Axl walks on, and just know Chinese Democracy is coming out whenever the rumours say it will at that point in time, and get all uppity when anyone slags Axl off, even as a joke. The number of people who actually want Chinese Democracy outside Gn'R communities seems in my opinion to be pretty low.

Gn'R's name has been dragged through the mud since '93, so much so that people laugh about them. That's why I dislike Axl using the Gn'R name. If it had ended in '93 (or at least when Slash left) people would have remembered the band for its music, which, as we all know, kicked ass. But instead people say "Yeah Guns n' Roses, they're still going, right? Axl Rose got off his arse yet? [chuckle]" When and if Chinese Democracy is released, it won't be judged by its content in the Gn'R communities. Those who support Axl will say it rocks, its the best album ever, and its a hundred million times better than old Gn'R. Those who don't support Axl or new Gn'R will say it sucks the massive one.

Velvet Revolver proves he could've had just as much success with 'Axl's Gunners' or whatever, that he didn't need the name to sell records.

Like I say, that's my opinion, and that of those I've talked to on message boards (though I don't pretend that its a general consensus throughout the music world, just my experience). By the way, why does the spell check on this board try to correct 'Axl' and 'Gn'R'? Grin
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 09:22:36 AM by AxemanOnFire » Logged
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2004, 10:37:09 AM »

Well, I'll say first-off that I'm no big fan of new Gn'R. Bash me all you want, I just don't particularly like the songs I've heard from them. What follows is, therefore, the perspective of someone who isn't buying Chinese Democracy if and when it comes out.

When I talk to people on other message boards about Gn'R, the fall into people who maybe have the greatest hits, or maybe have just heard November Rain or Sweet Child on MTV2. They usually just say "Yeah, Gn'R rock! Slash is a god!" and so on and so forth. Then there's the fans who have the albums, and say "Gn'R rocked! But they turned into a fucking pantomime, which was sad." Then there's fans who also have the albums but say "Gn'R rocked! But Axl Rose turned them into a pantomime, and that's sad." Then there's those who worship the ground Axl walks on, and just know Chinese Democracy is coming out whenever the rumours say it will at that point in time, and get all uppity when anyone slags Axl off, even as a joke. The number of people who actually want Chinese Democracy outside Gn'R communities seems in my opinion to be pretty low.

Gn'R's name has been dragged through the mud since '93, so much so that people laugh about them. That's why I dislike Axl using the Gn'R name. If it had ended in '93 (or at least when Slash left) people would have remembered the band for its music, which, as we all know, kicked ass. But instead people say "Yeah Guns n' Roses, they're still going, right? Axl Rose got off his arse yet? [chuckle]" When and if Chinese Democracy is released, it won't be judged by its content in the Gn'R communities. Those who support Axl will say it rocks, its the best album ever, and its a hundred million times better than old Gn'R. Those who don't support Axl or new Gn'R will say it sucks the massive one.

Velvet Revolver proves he could've had just as much success with 'Axl's Gunners' or whatever, that he didn't need the name to sell records.

Like I say, that's my opinion, and that of those I've talked to on message boards (though I don't pretend that its a general consensus throughout the music world, just my experience). By the way, why does the spell check on this board try to correct 'Axl' and 'Gn'R'? Grin

I think you're wrong and I'll tell you why.......

--I for once don't care about taking sides, because it's none of my business, it's axl and co's problem/dispute etc, not mine--

I'm a huge fan of the old GNR lineup... I have Duff, Slash and Izzy's solo records... I'm a huge STP and Scott Weiland fan...I was awaiting impatiently for Contraband like a nut....... it came out.... i thought it was ok, good ...but I was disappointed... I thought it could be better... a lot better.....
So.... if ChiDem has only 4 songs that I like -basically: theblues, chidem, maddy and rhiad..... I'll be very disappointed.... Just like it happened with contraband... If someone says it rocks only because Axl made it...that someone needs to adjust his brain. In the end, the music will do the talking...If a lot of naysayers like it....they will shutup.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 10:39:56 AM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2004, 01:16:18 PM »

If someone says it rocks only because Axl made it...that someone needs to adjust his brain.
That's very true, but the way I see it the new Gn'R old Gn'R argument has gone on for years between Gn'R fans. The hardcore new Gn'R fans will decide they love Chinese Democracy even if it turns out crap, and the hardcore new Gn'R sceptics will decide its crap even if it turns out to be a masterpiece, because neither side wants to back down and admit they were wrong after however many years of arguing. Basically, I reckon those who've been saying "Axl hasn't released an album for 11 years!" will say "Axl took 11 years to produce this crap?!", and those who've been saying "Axl is taking his time to produce a masterpiece!" will say "Axl took his time, but Chinese Democracy is the best album ever!".

--I for once don't care about taking sides, because it's none of my business, it's axl and co's problem/dispute etc, not mine--
The thing is, many hardcore Gn'R fans do take sides. That's what I'm talking about. The Gn'R fans that haven't taken sides will take Chinese Democracy [EDIT FOR TYPO-Chinses Democracy? Shocked] on its merits, like they took Contraband on its merits.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 01:40:21 PM by AxemanOnFire » Logged
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »

GNR will never DIE!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2004, 03:36:57 PM »

GNR will never DIE!!!!!!!!!

1993 called, it wants it's statement back.. The gnr as we know it died back then, now soemthing else has been reborn..
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2004, 04:37:27 PM »

Someone remembers gnr for the music coming into their ears, that sound got defined my axl imo, so he is the only irreplacebale member, soundwise

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2004, 05:22:25 PM »

Someone remembers gnr for the music coming into their ears, that sound got defined my axl imo, so he is the only irreplacebale member, soundwise

You are wrong. BTW Dead Horse.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2004, 06:19:24 PM »

i'm beatiing it Cheesy

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2004, 07:14:10 PM »

It would have been better if it just died in 1994 and we only had incredible memories of the group who did their last show in 93..

Now the memories (not mine just in general press, outside world) are of failed/aborted tour, two riots, trerrible hair, plastic surgery, fat, etc etc..

but then my memory of seeing them in madison square garden wouldnt exist.. and that memory was not one of a riot, terrible hair, plastic surgery, fat, etc.. it was one of amazement and intrigue.. believe it or not that show was the first time i ever heard gnr songs.. lets face it.. if it wasnt for the tour in 2002.. a big portion of us wouldnt be here..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2004, 07:35:09 PM »

it all comes down to whether you have a life or whether you don't.......... if you have a life like Jarmo, you won't mind if Chidem is released because...simply...  you have a life  Tongue

If you're like me, and Do not have a life, then ..you're in for big trouble... Now, I'll never bash axl or believe he has to prove something to the world or that he owes me something because I bought five of his albums  more than a decade ago. So what do you do ? either stay and bash... or wait till sweet death comes along while struggling to stay positive.
I'll choose none. When december comes along... and there's no word from axl... I'll bid you all farewell.

lol, there was guy on this board a while back (maybe he's still here...) called Chidem, and I couldn't work it out (although, given I never tried). And reading that I finally understand his name.
Man I'm dumb.
Well, I'm not, I'm cleverer than you. But still.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2004, 08:00:31 PM »

When december comes along... and there's no word from axl... I'll bid you all farewell.

So you won't kill yourself if there's a word from Axl?

You should still kill yourself if there's a word from him.

The only thing that should stop you from killing yourself is if the album is released before the clock strikes twelve on new year's eve. Now all you need is a word to remain with us??
What's the matter with you!

EDIT: Plus, what if Axl's word is something like "Bumblehead impeded our progress with his big mouth, but it's actually opened more doors for us than ever before, ... .... ... etc.
 , so don't hold your breath.

Blame Greenland,

Axl

^               ^                          ^

No reason to go on, if you ask me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 08:07:43 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2004, 08:03:20 PM »

It's not so bad with the wait even if one is intrested in updates from gnr Wink

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2004, 08:09:03 PM »

When december comes along... and there's no word from axl... I'll bid you all farewell.

So you won't kill yourself if there's a word from Axl?

You should still kill yourself if there's a word from him.

The only thing that should stop you from killing yourself is if the album is released before the clock strikes twelve on new year's eve. Now all you need is a word to remain with us??
What's the matter with you!

EDIT: Plus, what if Axl's word is something like "Bumblehead impeded our progress with his big mouth, but it's actually opened more doors for us than ever before, ... .... ... etc.
 , so don't hold your breath.

? ? ?Blame Greenland,
? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Axl

^? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?^? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^

No reason to go on, if you ask me.

well, they never gave an official release date, that's all I need.

Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2004, 08:51:23 PM »

I'm still waiting..........and I won't give up!! peace
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2004, 09:08:42 PM »

Dizzy's mom Cheesy hi hope to see dizzy soon in gnr

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: