Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let me vent..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let me vent..  (Read 18899 times)
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »

Gives me ample amount of time to get my site finished  Kiss

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

Guys,
The situation with Axl seems grave....
He's not making an album anymore, he's trying to make something that not one critic, fan or ex-member can criticise..a masterpiece, a work of art that  ALL agree on.  He really must care what people think because he's working so hard. This is an impossible situation to win in and that's why I think we see delay after delay, he comes to the board to take his swan dive and he just can't do it.
I wish Axl would look at U2, one of the biggest on the planet right now. Sure they have misfired musically before but so what, as Bono said "we can't come here and do the same thing over and over, it would not be fair on us or more importantly you guys" . POP was a bit of a FLOP (I loved it in the end..) but they took their criticism and look where they are now, about to release another No. 1 worldwide smash. Nobody is perfect. Slash and the boys are out with Contraband which isn't another AFD by any stretch but still they are out there and we love them for it.
I wish Axl would just exhale, relax and let it go...release CD and then come out fighting for it in arenas across the world.
I think he takes himself way too seriously (the therapy, the rambling narrative for OMG, the therapist for live shows etc). It's just music man, its not a cure for cancer.
Come on out AXl, many old and new  friends are waiting for ya!!!
Intercourse.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 06:44:20 PM »

look at U2....Nobody is perfect.
? Cheesy With or without CD, we can live with or without CD, can?t we.
But Imperfection is necessary. Nothing would improve further when everything was perfect.

Mysteron maybe gnr was just axl for you, but for me the guitar parts were just as big, just like mick n keith, prerry n tyler page plant, etc..
Mike if you do think so, why not try to see the current guys in the same light.
You?re not going to Tommy?s show in Dec, fine. It?s your loss.

Do you know what you are expecting from CD and GNR?
I mean you sound too desperate when it comes to GNR, for an otherwise laid back guy like you.
Why that?? Music is supposed to amuse you.
How will you spend the rest of your life after GNR new era has gone?
How will you ride out if only you don?t like CD despite of its enormous success(between us n general music fans)?
Where will you cling to then? The grief?
Relax. Worry is a waste of time. You?re already 89.? Tongue No time for worries.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 07:47:54 PM »

ppbebe, I'll be just fine, I am just reacting like some people might feel who visit these forums for a long period of time and just feel like it's taking forever..

I can live just fine without thr album, but it's just something I persoanlly want..I always wanted a follow up to the illusions .. I thought going out with TSI was lame .. As i mentioned before I was ok with gnr breaking up and moving on with their own seperate  stuff but when I saw this new band form and hearing that something was going on and oh my god came out I began to have hope and was interested in some music..

I guess I've never seen anything take so long and things done like this with the  solo projects and lack of news and all..  Tour started then two years later we'll still wondering and nothing concrete has surfaced.. I also thinkbecause I just like a solid album to enjoy that I can't see anything taking this long, everytime he releases an album (well for me) it doesn't have to be groundbreaking or earth shattering..  Everyone has an album that isn't going to top their best efforts and I don't expect that to happen each time..

I'd rather have a good album every 2 years then one great one every 5 or so.. There's no guarantees in music so just be a band and create and release what you've done and see how it goes, with music you can always release another album.. It's nice to have one album under their belt in a quicker fashion so they can see how people take it, how they can learn for the next one..

As for the tommy show, I'll be honest I don't have an ounce of interest in seeing him, maybe when the band becomes one and does it's thing I will see the guy in another light.. It's nothing personal towards the guy...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 08:15:29 PM »

Crazy how the cd gets an "thewall-effect" on people before it's released

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2004, 08:44:04 PM »

The answer to your question, for me, is quite simple.  Yes!

I will always be interested.  This gives me some purpose for living.  I know that may seem a bit crazy to a lot of you, but it's true.

T.T.
?.?.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2004, 08:54:06 PM »

? Hang in there Mike. ? The comparison of Michael Jordan on the Wizards is not how I look at it. ?To me, it's more like Axl has come back to a basketball team just as good as his old team. ?Now, he has not hit the court yet in regular season ball. ?He's done a few pre-season warm-up games where he started a little slow (the western leg of the N. American tour) and picked up steam with some nice 20-point/10 rebound/game numbers on the East coast swing. ?His game is solid as Maddy, CD, and The Blues have shown (these are obvious slam-dunks). ?Enter the Rodman of the team (Buckethead) whose immaturity and failure to focus on the team concept (although he showed off his talent on the pre-season court) has kept this team from taking the court for regular season ball. ?My opinion? ?This is a play-off team when Axl has his team together! ?I personally think they are going all the way. ?These guys are future champions!!! ?Just have a little patience Mike! ?Axl's on his game (just see LALD from Pittsburgh)...forget dunking from the foul-line, that scream is like dunking from the goddamned 3-point line!!!!!!

-Axl4Prez ? peace ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2004, 09:00:54 PM »

please no one ever put U2 in the same sentence as GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2004, 09:02:54 PM »

I hope GN'R's new album is as good as U2's "Achtung Baby".  ok

See? It's not that hard.

What you shouldn't do is to put GN'R in the same sentence as Poison.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2004, 10:47:44 PM »

well the hype is going to be near impossible to live up to so he should just throw caution to the wind and release it and then tour the hell out of it and be done with it. It is clear he is a perfectionist, but sometimes in art an artist must distance himself from his work to get a real perspective - the only way to do this is to release it so it is no longer owned soley by Axl but belongs to the fans and the interpretations they bring to it.
My main disappointment for both Axl and the music world is that we have been denied a great talent for what could possibly have been the creative peak of his career. He was too interesting and brilliant an artist to be holed up for the best part of 10 years and what is he now? 42,43? I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that he may have left it just a tad too late. Hope I'm wrong

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2004, 11:56:59 PM »

Listen don't anyone go bashing me or anything, I just feel this way at times.. It's tough being a gnr fans these days.. I wanted to see howm others feel and if some agree or whatever.. It's just some feelings I've had and don't want anyone to flip.. I still want cd and for the band to do well..

I know alot of us have looked forward to the new album since around 1999 when axl did his interview regarding cd and oh my god with kurt loder.. Also with the shows from 2001-02..

It's almost two years ago since gnr did anything (dec 5 msg) and everything has gone bad since and it seems to just drift further away.. I know we get some info from dizzy n tommy but none of it is really concrete, and the date was pushed back from nov, to what looks like february..

My question is will you still be as into it if nothing happens by february?

Also something I've given a little thought to, ...Wouldn't it have been better if gnr was just left dead after the group broke up??Nothing good has come out of this revival and it's an entirely different lineup and it has been switched again..
To me it's like michael jordan coming back with the wizards, he should have just enjoyed the best years and the great things he accomplished and ended this chapter in his life.. Not saying music, just gnr and it's name and anything to do with it..

New gnr has been a troubled tale so to speak, nothing good has come from it.. If in 1999 it was used and went with maybe my feeling would be different, but it's 5 years later..

It would have been better if it just died in 1994 and we only had incredible memories of the group who did their last show in 93..

Now the memories (not mine just in general press, outside world) are of failed/aborted tour, two riots, trerrible hair, plastic surgery, fat, etc etc..

Axl could do whatever in music, just should have let gnr stay dead, it's not gnr anymore ,anyways..

This is just one interpertation of how I feel at times so be calm..

same negative shit, same negative response from me mikegiuliana!!!
man we've all gone over this same shit over n' over, the same people are gonna give the same response, which means i am against your opinion that the GNR name should retire,WHY?? 'cause it just fuckin' should'nt, thats why ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2004, 11:59:49 PM »

I hope GN'R's new album is as good as U2's "Achtung Baby".  ok

See? It's not that hard.

What you shouldn't do is to put GN'R in the same sentence as Poison.  Tongue

/jarmo

i dont want to put GNR's name in the same sentence as any band, i am guilty of high expectations i guess, i want this album to be better than anything i have ever heard

so i dont want it to be like any other album ive ever heard.

however i will love it regardless!

retiring the name is a great question, i have arguments for and against it.  In some ways it could benefit axl by losing the name, but then again some casual fans may know the brand GNR but not know the members of GNR

i mean fuck there are bands i dont know the members of and i wouldnt know if they changed lineups.

The money from the deal and the upfront money is much greater with the name GNR as it would be if it were just Axl Rose. GNR is a brand and a famous brand more famous than axl rose.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 12:03:09 AM by WHITE TOAST » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2004, 12:32:28 AM »

I hear you Mike. This whole thing has been incredibly FRUSTRATING. I am beginning to feel it was even better in 94-98 when Axl and GNR were totally MIA. At least then with virtually no news from the GN'R camp we could rationally conclude that there was no point in even dreaming about a new Guns' album for the foreseeable future... so the whole thing was less painful because our hopes never went up. Unfortunately, since OMG in '99, the world of GN'R has been one constant tease... Let's face it- we've been dicked around with promises of "look for CD next year" for FIVE going on SIX years. It blows. As each month goes by- and as each nu-Gunner heads out on yet another solo tour- I am left with the depressing feeling that Axl is hopelessly drowning in his unrealistic expectations for an album that can never be everything to everybody. I mean as brilliant as they are... some people HATE the Mona Lisa... some people HATE the Eiffel Tower... some people HATE Star Wars. You just have to live with that as an artist- but Axl is giving every indication that he's become incapable of doing so. That's why it's so depressing- how can we look forward to a CD release date when we know Axl won't release it until it's PERFECT? He's trying to do something that fundamentally can't be done. That's why there's no CD. That's why there may never be CD.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2004, 12:44:04 AM »

I have been following GNR since 90ish. Right when I really got into them, I picked up a magazine. I was flipping through it, and stumbled across an article. That told me this fantastic band I had found was broken up. Mind you, before them I listened to what my mom listened to, which was Neil Diamond, Barbra Streisand, etc. In other words, adult contemporary. I had never heard of rock, or metal, or anything. Until I found Guns N Roses. And they broke up. So I waited, and waited. I read every magazine I could get my hands on, to see if there was anything. ANYTHING. Then I stared using the internet, doing the same thing. I come on here at least once a day, if not more. The VMA performance was like I had died and gone to heaven. I couldn't believe I had waited almost 10 years, and I was finally seeing Axl live on tv. When I heard they were touring, I was so happy I cried. The show at MSG was the best night in my life. And then it was all over. Again. Sometimes I do wish something would happen to put an end to all of the waiting. But, as I saw in another post,
being a fan is something u cant just switch off.
And it's so true. I couldn't switch it off if I wanted to. I have two plaques on my wall that remind me everyday of how big of a GNR fan I am. I have a tattoo on my shoulder that reminds me everyday how much I love Axl, and what finding him and GNR has done for me. I have a cat I named Axl. (Yes, I'm serious) Yes, I do have a preference for Axl. I feel I can relate to him in certain ways. I've read what he went through as a child. I know about his depression and whatnot. And that's what makes him human. He has the same problems and feelings as so many other peole in this world. Including myself. And that's what brings me here everyday. I don't just want the album. I want the person. I want Axl Rose to come out and say SOMETHING. I don't care what it is. I spent almost 10 years of my life waiting for something to happen. I will gladly spend 10 more.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2004, 02:49:29 AM »

I hear you Mike. This whole thing has been incredibly FRUSTRATING. I am beginning to feel it was even better in 94-98 when Axl and GNR were totally MIA. At least then with virtually no news from the GN'R camp we could rationally conclude that there was no point in even dreaming about a new Guns' album for the foreseeable future... so the whole thing was less painful because our hopes never went up. Unfortunately, since OMG in '99, the world of GN'R has been one constant tease... Let's face it- we've been dicked around with promises of "look for CD next year" for FIVE going on SIX years. It blows. As each month goes by- and as each nu-Gunner heads out on yet another solo tour- I am left with the depressing feeling that Axl is hopelessly drowning in his unrealistic expectations for an album that can never be everything to everybody. I mean as brilliant as they are... some people HATE the Mona Lisa... some people HATE the Eiffel Tower... some people HATE Star Wars. You just have to live with that as an artist- but Axl is giving every indication that he's become incapable of doing so. That's why it's so depressing- how can we look forward to a CD release date when we know Axl won't release it until it's PERFECT? He's trying to do something that fundamentally can't be done. That's why there's no CD. That's why there may never be CD.

Totally agree with you. However I feel that Axl doesn't know what he wants to do with this album. He isn't satisfied with the product, and keep working and working on it (hopefully he works on the album and not just plays GTA all day long), but he can't keep a distance from the record. He totally lives in the world of CD, lives in the world of 12 to I don't know 60 songs, works on this, works on that, but he doesn't feel it's perfect. I thought that it was a bad idea to fire every producer and Axl took over the producer job, because it's obvious that he can't control the things himself and can't see when it's great. Fuck, even Mozart would have become bored and insecure about his music if he had been working that long on that. Axl is not Mozart - he's one of the most talaented singers of all time. IMO if only Axl had been working on CD, playing every instrument, then we would have had this album in our hands for 2 or 3 years. And it's be great. Maybe I'm wrong and Axl lost his creativity, that's why the whole process takes such a long time.

Anyway, there are 3 possibilities:
1. Axl is really crazy and still working on CD and we won't hear it anytime soon (or ever).
2. Axl has lost his creativity or he feels that GN'R isn't working without Slash, Izzy and Duff.
3. Axl doesn't really work on CD, just plays computer games and watches NBA.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 05:03:04 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
fixintodie
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2004, 04:43:01 AM »

To be honest, I believed the November thing for a while. I'm extremely pissed that Axl won't communicate with his fans - for me thats the most disappointing thing about the whole ordeal, because its just inexcusable. If Axl said 'We've been delayed with all my court stuff/Bucket leaving/searching for a replacement/whatever and we're shooting for February/don't hold your breath.' Fine, I could rest happily with that. Y'know lots of people have given him shit for the GTA thing, and well, it probably took about an hour. Let's be honest. But hey, why not spend half an hour to tell your fans what's up.

I highly doubt it won't be delayed again, and I'm suspicious that when it finally drops, a tour will kick off, Axl will storm off after the 2nd show and never return.

Worst case scenario? GN'R always ends up living the worst case scenario. Sad Sad Sad
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2004, 04:49:09 AM »

My life doesn't change a bit if cd comes out or doesn't come out. Sure I'd love to hear the masterpiece every single day. Sure I'd love to catch a couple of shows of the world tour that should follow the release.

Just live your life until (and afterwards) it comes out. If it does, enjoy it, listen to it, go seem them. If it doesn't come out, listen to the older ones, keep on posting in this board in threads like this: chinese democracy expected 24 june 2009. Just for the fun of it!!!!. beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2004, 05:48:47 AM »

well the hype is going to be near impossible to live up to so he should just throw caution to the wind and release it and then tour the hell out of it and be done with it. It is clear he is a perfectionist, but sometimes in art an artist must distance himself from his work to get a real perspective - the only way to do this is to release it so it is no longer owned soley by Axl but belongs to the fans and the interpretations they bring to it.
My main disappointment for both Axl and the music world is that we have been denied a great talent for what could possibly have been the creative peak of his career. He was too interesting and brilliant an artist to be holed up for the best part of 10 years and what is he now? 42,43? I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that he may have left it just a tad too late. Hope I'm wrong

See you understand the idea of ten years mising, or wasted and he's in his fortys already. I know some guys rock in their later years but most don't miss their thirties(a good deal) in rock. I just don't want it to be to late where it seems more like a joke then a comeback..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2004, 10:45:33 AM »

However I feel that Axl doesn't know what he wants to do with this album. He isn't satisfied with the product, and keep working and working on it , but he can't keep a distance from the record. He totally lives in the world of CD, lives in the world of 12 to I don't know 60 songs, works on this, works on that, but he doesn't feel it's perfect.
Well according to Tommy,
Some of the stuff had been done a while ago and hadn't changed much; I didn't really bother with that.
So according to Tommy, who is actually in the band and has been there since it started, he is saying the older tunes HAVNT CHANGED MUCH...menaing your wrong when you say all Axl does is fiddle with all the songs.

hopefully he works on the album and not just plays GTA all day long)
Axl ain't just sitting up there fucking, sitting there watching fucking TV, waiting for the fucking sun to come up. It's like he's been working on this shit for a long time, we've all been working on it sporadically throughout. It's gotta be right.

I thought that it was a bad idea to fire every producer and Axl took over the producer job, because it's obvious that he can't control the things himself and can't see when it's great
Just because there have been several producers doesnt mean he has fired them all. Did you maybe stop and think that each producer was brought in to work on specific type songs? And when they were doen they werent needed?

Anyway, there are 3 possibilities:
1. Axl is really crazy and still working on CD and we won't hear it anytime soon (or ever).
2. Axl has lost his creativity or he feels that GN'R isn't working without Slash, Izzy and Duff.
3. Axl doesn't really work on CD, just plays computer games and watches NBA.
or.....Axl is really determined to deliver th ebest dam album possible. And along the journy there have been several obstacles, musically and behind the scenes the band has had to overcome. No doubt, Axl's perfectionism has played a big role in the "delays" but there are other things that play into it as well....

See you understand the idea of ten years mising, or wasted and he's in his fortys already. I know some guys rock in their later years but most don't miss their thirties(a good deal) in rock. I just don't want it to be to late where it seems more like a joke then a comeback..
If Axl doesnt care about that, why are you? Axl has mortgaged his celebrity and status for the chance to simply make the best music possible. If he was concerned about being in the spotlight, we would have a few new cds by now.
Its obivious that Axl wants to make th ebst album possible. He has given up many things and burned some bridges in doing so. If the album is a success he will be a success. If not well...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 10:47:55 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2004, 11:38:39 AM »

I just feel bad the guy missed some great years, is that a big deal, and for me I don't want him to come back to late because his shows were energetic and lots of running and when he's older I don't want to see some old dude doing the same things he once did.. I like having good memories about something I really loved, it's that simple..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: