Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More Duff on the songwriting thing..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Duff on the songwriting thing..  (Read 23877 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2004, 12:34:35 AM »

the only reason why duff isnt the biggest loser ever in gnr is because steven adler talks like a retard now.

Oh dear, people who post this kind of drivel really have no idea or respect for the GN'R legacy in my opinion

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2004, 01:02:12 PM »

oh dear?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2004, 01:07:16 PM »

the only reason why duff isnt the biggest loser ever in gnr is because steven adler talks like a retard now.

I think duff is cool, he's always been funny and no single person has probably betterd them selves since gnr then duff.. The man did a complete 180 and now looks great, plus he was in gnr the longest besides axl, so he can't be that bad..

You don't have to like his work, but at least he's gone out there and did stuff..
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2004, 03:51:43 PM »

look at what bumblefoot said, no mention of VR allowed to Axl...no sense of humor there, at least Duff  has one.
Jeez some of you need to loosen up, maybe after ten years the guys can actually laugh about the whole thing and see the funny side.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2004, 05:11:35 PM »

Geez, Intercourse !!
My Fellow fan, Don?t be a dupe.
You believe that? bumble? In my opinion, He is a full of shit.
How he knows that?? Read them.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16192.0
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=15980.100

It was in his first post, but anyway I'll take the idot comment back.? Sorry.
Oops, My bad. That?s decent, Dude.
To be Cheekier I?m going to destroy the trace of my lost bet.? Tongue
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2004, 03:04:23 AM »

what did bumblefoot say?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2004, 03:15:36 AM »

he said that he heard some gnr songs,and gnr still do one new album...
i think that this guy is leayer,because when he said that he was conection with gnr menagment,his board was full of gnr and rnr fans
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2004, 03:47:09 AM »

Good to see misquotes get cleared up from the man himself.

Plus - "'my world' is still one of my favorite songs!!!"
What a cool thing for Duff to say!

The Axl's ambition of doing "experimental" music meant the end of Guns N'Roses as a band. "My World" on UYI 2 is not only the last "song" on the record, it is also the "song" which meant the end of GN'R.

If Axl wanted to do experiments, he should have had a side band. Guns N'Roses wasn't the right place to do that kind of music...

"Songs" like "Oh my god", "Silkworms" or "My World" can't be considered as GN'R songs !

I'm happy to read Duff thinks otherwise and consider OMG? a great song !? yes
And I'm happy he made that statement too ! That's really being respectful of his fans !

And please get over the side band stuff ... it's really getting old and ridiculous !? Lips Sealed

Do you know what really is ridiculous ?

Taking 10 years to make an album is ridiculous.

And saying that "Oh my god" is a great song is ridiculous too.

Besides, the other songs which are not so bad (Madagascar, The Blues) are not Guns N'Roses songs either.
Just Axl Rose' songs !
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2004, 09:12:23 AM »

Taking 10 years to make an album is ridiculous.

And saying that "Oh my god" is a great song is ridiculous too.

Besides, the other songs which are not so bad (Madagascar, The Blues) are not Guns N'Roses songs either.
Just Axl Rose' songs !

Oh for fucks sake! I think Im a pretty chilled out person but boy are you annoying. I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion but either you are just winding us all up with these comments, or you really ent got a clue!! If you are really that enraged with Axl and that convinced that he is now a solo act why do you use this site? I love this message board because we get so many different threads that are varied and constructive, but you always seem to ruin them

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2004, 04:19:07 PM »

Yes, we do. Saying that Axl is dead n Guns N' Roses R.I.P. (1985-1996)

and yet talking bout Axl n GNR is more than ridiculous.

Angry Stick to your own guns. There?s no Axl for ya. There?s no GNR for ya.
He changes coz he?s alive and kicking. This is what's called METABOLISM.
If you haven?t changed since 1996, I'm afraid YOU're the DEAD.
Vindictive spirit, how long are you haunting the area. Poor soul, rest yourself already. 

what did bumblefoot say?
He said he wouldn't dear try to replace Slash before even asked.
And he?s heard only The Blues sent to him by a fan till now, claiming he had considered joining up GNR for bloody 2 months.

Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2004, 02:53:09 AM »

People are angry and frustrated, but it's not my fault if Axl is ruining his career.

Do you think Guns N'Roses roots have anything to do with NIN or "experimental" music ?
I don't think so and nobody does.

Even if they have to evolve (metabolism as you say), bands must respect their roots. Take a look at great bands like AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and so on... They evolved, but not in a radical way.

And remember that NIN isn't a band, it's only one guy called Trent Reznor who does mediocre music. This guy should not be an example for Axl !
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2004, 10:10:12 AM »

People are angry and frustrated, but it's not my fault if Axl is ruining his career.

Do you think Guns N'Roses roots have anything to do with NIN or "experimental" music ?

Even if they have to evolve (metabolism as you say), bands must respect their roots. Take a look at great bands like AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and so on... They evolved, but not in a radical way.

And remember that NIN isn't a band, it's only one guy called Trent Reznor who does mediocre music. This guy should not be an example for Axl !

First off, I wouldn't mention AC/DC, the Stones and Aerosmith as good examples of bands that have evolved, especially not AC/DC who've basically been making the same album over and over for 30 years now (although I do respect them).
And second, Trent Reznor does not make mediocre music ! Let it go already, and take your narrow-mindedness someplace else.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
darkmonth
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2004, 10:38:08 AM »

just coz someone changes the style they do, doesn't mean they evolved... Maddy and The Blues are some of the simplest GnR tunes out of the whole catalogue...

Has Axl evolved?  No.  He's just changed his style a bit.  Nothing evolution like about that...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2004, 10:47:11 AM »

First off, I wouldn't mention AC/DC, the Stones and Aerosmith as good examples of bands that have evolved, especially not AC/DC who've basically been making the same album over and over for 30 years now (although I do respect them).
And second, Trent Reznor does not make mediocre music ! Let it go already, and take your narrow-mindedness someplace else.

You can still have great music and not make big changes.. With ac/dc they decided to keep it hard rockers, they stayed with what their fans loved.. Think about how many songs they have in rotation on the radio, they kept it simple and aggressive.. Ac/dc would look odd to do thing gnr did ,someone like say metallica released killer albums one after another for like 5 albums. I think their curent music stinks..

Me personally I like afd the best, I also love the hard rockers on the illusions.. I am not crazy about november rain but it still has that gnr sound.. I think with songs like oh my god and silkworms they strayed from what their fan base likes.. I don't want more songs like maddy n the blues because they are boring songs..

Aerosmith hasn't evolved, jesus do you think evolving means changing the entire way you playl?? Aerosmith has hard rockers, blues type songs, ballads and everything else under the sun, but they would not be mistaken for some industrial band..

I'll use vr for an example .,they have hard rockers, fast pace muisc, and some ballads. I hope each time they release music like that..

I would have taken six afd type albums..
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2004, 10:53:19 AM »

It's not about what we like, it's about what the current members of Guns like music wise. Proirity number one is that they should feel happy with the songs they wrote. And if the fans like it....well, that's nice, and if they don't...so what...as long as they are happy with it. Get it?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2004, 11:00:45 AM »

It's not about what we like, it's about what the current members of Guns like music wise. Proirity number one is that they should feel happy with the songs they wrote. And if the fans like it....well, that's nice, and if they don't...so what...as long as they are happy with it. Get it?

Fine then change the name, because guns n roses is know for certain types of music.. get it??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2004, 11:51:24 AM »

Fine then change the name, because guns n roses is know for certain types of music.. get it??

Get over the name already. You're not gonna make any "friends" here if you keep repeating the "but it's not GN'R  crying " routine.

A band doesn't have to stay the same all the time. There's no rule book for rock bands which says "stick to your format".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2004, 12:20:06 PM »

because guns n roses is know for certain types of music.. get it??
Nope. Do AFD and UYI sound same to you?? Huh

Have you tried Poison or Darkness? Not exactly the same type but may be close enough for you?..If you don?t think so, I?d introduce you some new band of young and pretty AFD devotees. The point common to these bands is that I can?t stand their music. No offence to their fans. peace
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2004, 12:50:54 PM »

Nice that axl might use the new technics developed in music biz
He always used the recording technics availebale, overdubs and different voice recorders, and today with all the new digital equipment and analogue\digital hybrids it looks we're in for some solid product
But still i'm sure he stays faithfull to his roots...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2004, 01:19:55 PM »

Aerosmith hasn't evolved, jesus do you think evolving means changing the entire way you playl?? Aerosmith has hard rockers, blues type songs, ballads and everything else under the sun, but they would not be mistaken for some industrial band..

But they've been doing all those things since the very beginning, so there's hardly any evolution, except maybe they make more ballads nows....

Certainly not me (and I do like AFD).

The other day I mentioned Killing Joke in another thread. If you compare what they did 20 years ago to what they've been doing since the 90s, you would almost swear it's not the same band. And no style is better than the other, it's just different. They EVOLVED while maintaining their spirit. And it's still called Killing Joke.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 01:21:28 PM by Pandora » Logged

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: