Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More Duff on the songwriting thing..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Duff on the songwriting thing..  (Read 23978 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2004, 12:48:13 AM »

ya got it straight Duff...

now shut the fuck up about Axl n' GNR and concern your own band.........that's right ya cant confused

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2004, 01:33:44 AM »

Sounds to me like Duff is having a punt both ways here - on the one hand he wants to clarify the situation whilst also making light of the situation - I think Duff really respects Axl and the legacy they share - of all the old members he sounds the most conciliatory

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2004, 03:04:14 AM »

To me- Duff's statement reads as someone who realizes that his previous statement was not 100% factually accurate, but he's not backing down from the basic premise- that Axl gets a hugely disproportionate amount of credit for the success classic Guns enjoyed. (thus the "My World" dig).

I would not expect Axl Rose to be accepting this apology anytime soon. Roll Eyes

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2004, 03:54:18 AM »

Man, you people are unbelievable!!!!

Duff comes out and corrects all those false statements, says he's proud of the GN'R legacy and says he likes the song My World. How do you interperate that he is being nasty?Huh

GN'R fans are f**ked in the head. nervous

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2004, 04:38:49 AM »

" Au contraire, mon fr?re" Wink  Wink beer

The force ... the force ...
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2004, 07:39:08 AM »

I don't think he was being sarcastic.  As someones has already said, he loves the fuck you element of GN'R.  And My World is their biggest fuck you to date.  Just because it's percieved as the point that created their musical differences.  Doesn't mean it was, Don't forget they did spend another 3 years touring after that came out.  And I have read from Slash's opinion that the Guns and Metallica tour was the point where he really lost Axl in terms of seeing eye to eye on his behaviour and direction.

It's really embarresing when fans say he shouldn't comment on GN'R!?  He will always be known as Duff from GN'R. No matter how well recieved the new GN'R album is.   So we have the right to comment and bitch about them and  GN'R - when we have never been involved what so ever.  But he can't say anything about GN'R - even though it was his band and his life? He can say what the fuck he likes, if it upsets you then your the one with the problem.

And also if you can't understand the joke behind VR dressing up as new GN'R and are offended by it on Axl's behalf, then get a life.  We don't even know his opinion on VR or Scott, for all we know they could have met in the past, they seem like they have similar tastes.  If he has even heard about the Halloween night - i'm sure he would see the funny side of it.  Didn't he dress as Barney the dinosaur one year? lol   They guy has a good sense of humour.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2004, 09:54:14 AM »

Blabbermouth reports the story of duff retracting.

Link: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=29022

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2004, 10:16:29 AM »

now shut the fuck up about Axl n' GNR and concern your own band.........that's right ya cant confused
Re you six?? Geez the band gets ten million questions regarding axl n gnr all the time..Afterall they were a part of it, and since axl is missing and never says anything they all bother the members of vr..

People are so rude, you would think gnr was ONLY axl.. Guys that were in the band should be able to say whatever they want..
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2004, 10:31:55 AM »

'my world' is still one of my favorite songs!!!

hehehe gotta love Duff !
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2004, 01:23:53 PM »

So anyways...

I'm typing out this interview that Slash gave to Guitarist mag in Easter 1992 that's in this new "The Guitarist Book Of Heavy Metal" issue (I'll post the interview and pics - in the Nice Boys section - tonight after I finish typing it out) when I came across these Slash quotes referring to Axl's part in the songwriting process.? The second quote is the one I found most interesting.? The blah... blah... blah...'s below are mine NOT Slash's....I'm only quoting Slash's 'Axl references' here.

Question:? Do you have a writing formula?
Slash:? blah... blah... blah...
?So there?s that sort of innocent element in songwriting, and then some of the stuff is really stupid, like Sweet Child O? Mine, which was actually a joke.? I was going (sings the opening notes) and Izzy started playing chords and then Axl got into it and that?s where that song came from.? So there are so many different scenarios, but I don?t really take songwriting that seriously until we start doing vocals, and I usually put riffs together.? It?s real simple, real basic.?

Question:? What's most important to you in a song?
Slash:? blah... blah... blah...
?Axl works on his piano songs for ages.? He?ll play a part and sing along, and we don?t know where it?s going to go and six months later, I?ve got an arrangement!? All the guitar lines in the song Estranged were based on the piano.? It was like, Okay, keep playing that, it?s coming? and then there it is."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2004, 01:37:27 PM »

I don't think he was being sarcastic.? As someones has already said, he loves the fuck you element of GN'R.? And My World is their biggest fuck you to date.? Just because it's percieved as the point that created their musical differences.? Doesn't mean it was, Don't forget they did spend another 3 years touring after that came out.? And I have read from Slash's opinion that the Guns and Metallica tour was the point where he really lost Axl in terms of seeing eye to eye on his behaviour and direction.

It's really embarresing when fans say he shouldn't comment on GN'R!?? He will always be known as Duff from GN'R. No matter how well recieved the new GN'R album is.? ?So we have the right to comment and bitch about them and? GN'R - when we have never been involved what so ever.? But he can't say anything about GN'R - even though it was his band and his life? He can say what the fuck he likes, if it upsets you then your the one with the problem.

And also if you can't understand the joke behind VR dressing up as new GN'R and are offended by it on Axl's behalf, then get a life.? We don't even know his opinion on VR or Scott, for all we know they could have met in the past, they seem like they have similar tastes.? If he has even heard about the Halloween night - i'm sure he would see the funny side of it.? Didn't he dress as Barney the dinosaur one year? lol? ?They guy has a good sense of humour.

?

Your crazyif you can't see that this was a dig.? What if one of the new guys or Axl dressed up as Slash?? That would be a dig.? Plus your crazy if you think Axl thought that Scott dressing up as him was "funny".? Yeah, I'm sure that's the first thing Axl did was laugh and say "oh that Scott Weiland, what a character".?

Face the fact that these guys don't like eachother right now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 08:20:48 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2004, 01:59:05 PM »

Maybe Slash's motivation for dressing up as Buckethead was to poke fun at the fact that Gun's N' Roses went from having a guitar legend like himself at lead guitar to a guy wearing a Bucket on his head(even though Bucket is out of the band now). I would bet Slash would argue Bucket couldn't hold his jock, and it makes him sad to see what has happened to his former band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2004, 02:19:23 PM »

Re you six?? Geez the band gets ten million questions regarding axl n gnr all the time..Afterall they were a part of it, and since axl is missing and never says anything they all bother the members of vr..
Mike, that?s his joke about the situation you wrote. Typical. Misunderstandings everywhere.
People are so rude, you would think gnr was ONLY axl.. Guys that were in the band should be able to say whatever they want..
True, and it?s worse now. Some people are so rude, and they would think newgnr is ONLY Axl?
Guys that ARE in the Band can say whatever they want but can?t say what they don?t want?
It?s THEIR band of which Axl is the head.
When the arm is hurt, the head feels pain.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 02:25:38 PM by ppbebe » Logged
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2004, 03:25:16 PM »

Your an idiot if you can't see that this was a dig.? What if one of the new guys or Axl dressed up as Slash?? That would be a dig.? Plus your an idiot if you think Axl thought that Scott dressing up as him was "funny".? Yeah, I'm sure that's the first thing Axl did was laugh and say "oh that Scott Weiland, what a character".?

Yeh call people idots behind your comp why don't you - what a big man, that really adds to the conversation....

Anyway i think the word you're looking for is a bit of "sense".  I'm fucking 24 not 14 i know how to think and I can see things from different sides.  I make my judgements based on being a passionate fan since 1992. I have read the interviews and heard the stories over the years - bullshit and lies included.  You get a good sense of charactor after that length of time watching and listening to these guys.

It all depends on how you want to read things doesn't it?  You can't say for 100% you are right, just like i can't. So why get worked up about it?

Axl nor the VR guys need people sticking up for them, they are grown men in their fucking 40's - most of them.  Let them get on with it. 
But don't assume that just because you have no sense of humour, that others can't take what they see with a pinch of salt.  It was nothing to get worked up over- it was just a laugh. nu-GNR dressing as old GNR?  I'd have no problem at all.  Hand on heart. 

Axl has no reason to feel any grudge with Scott Weiland just because he is in a band with ex-GNR.  It means nothing.  He may be a fan of his work, they like similar music. So no one can assume there's a problem between the two. 

I am a big fan of all of them and i will buy the records and support them when they tour. So i would feel such a hypocrit slagging them off on here and then going to their shows.  Their opinions on each other have no influence on my view of their music. 

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2004, 06:04:51 PM »

Your an idiot if you can't see that this was a dig.? What if one of the new guys or Axl dressed up as Slash?? That would be a dig.? Plus your an idiot if you think Axl thought that Scott dressing up as him was "funny".? Yeah, I'm sure that's the first thing Axl did was laugh and say "oh that Scott Weiland, what a character".?

Yeh call people idots behind your comp why don't you - what a big man, that really adds to the conversation....

Anyway i think the word you're looking for is a bit of "sense".? I'm fucking 24 not 14 i know how to think and I can see things from different sides.? I make my judgements based on being a passionate fan since 1992. I have read the interviews and heard the stories over the years - bullshit and lies included.? You get a good sense of charactor after that length of time watching and listening to these guys.

It all depends on how you want to read things doesn't it?? You can't say for 100% you are right, just like i can't. So why get worked up about it?

Axl nor the VR guys need people sticking up for them, they are grown men in their fucking 40's - most of them.? Let them get on with it.?
But don't assume that just because you have no sense of humour, that others can't take what they see with a pinch of salt.? It was nothing to get worked up over- it was just a laugh. nu-GNR dressing as old GNR?? I'd have no problem at all.? Hand on heart.?

Axl has no reason to feel any grudge with Scott Weiland just because he is in a band with ex-GNR.? It means nothing.? He may be a fan of his work, they like similar music. So no one can assume there's a problem between the two.?

I am a big fan of all of them and i will buy the records and support them when they tour. So i would feel such a hypocrit slagging them off on here and then going to their shows.? Their opinions on each other have no influence on my view of their music.?

?

Who's a bigger man?  Me calling you an idiot?  Or you telling me to get a life?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2004, 06:33:23 PM »

Okay, fair enough, but not to the same extent as today.

And we didn't have every rant or comment loaded onto mp3 to analyse and break apart. Wink
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2004, 07:18:39 PM »

"So Fine" is the gayest shit song Guns ever did.   I could puke every time Duff says the sweat I sweat for you yeah you know where that comes from come on  guuuuitar
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2004, 07:31:53 PM »

I don't think he was being sarcastic.? As someones has already said, he loves the fuck you element of GN'R.? And My World is their biggest fuck you to date.? Just because it's percieved as the point that created their musical differences.? Doesn't mean it was, Don't forget they did spend another 3 years touring after that came out.? And I have read from Slash's opinion that the Guns and Metallica tour was the point where he really lost Axl in terms of seeing eye to eye on his behaviour and direction.

It's really embarresing when fans say he shouldn't comment on GN'R!?? He will always be known as Duff from GN'R. No matter how well recieved the new GN'R album is.? ?So we have the right to comment and bitch about them and? GN'R - when we have never been involved what so ever.? But he can't say anything about GN'R - even though it was his band and his life? He can say what the fuck he likes, if it upsets you then your the one with the problem.

And also if you can't understand the joke behind VR dressing up as new GN'R and are offended by it on Axl's behalf, then get a life.? We don't even know his opinion on VR or Scott, for all we know they could have met in the past, they seem like they have similar tastes.? If he has even heard about the Halloween night - i'm sure he would see the funny side of it.? Didn't he dress as Barney the dinosaur one year? lol? ?They guy has a good sense of humour.

?
Plus your an idiot if you think Axl thought that Scott dressing up as him was "funny".? Yeah, I'm sure that's the first thing Axl did was laugh and say "oh that Scott Weiland, what a character". 
Ok there's no need to call the guy an idiot but I do agree with what your saying, I too can't see Axl laughing at VR dressing up as the new G'N'R', yeah sure Axl has a sense of humour but that is clearly making a mockery out of his 'new lineup' and Axl is so proud of this new band and the work their doing, i'm sure he'd be offended but I guess like the other guy said none of us know for sure. I am 22 and have been a fan of GNR since '89 when I first got my hands on my brothers Appetite For Destruction cassette! But I am a huge fan of Stone Temple Pilots and VR also so i'm not trying to take any sides here. All these people are extremely talented musicians.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2004, 07:34:34 PM »

"So Fine" is the gayest shit song Guns ever did.? ?I could puke every time Duff says the sweat I sweat for you yeah you know where that comes from come on? guuuuitar

LMAO, what about when he says 'Now I see the stars alright, I wanna reach up and grab one for yoooou'. I love Guns but damn thats one cheesy lyric rite there!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2004, 08:31:11 PM »

the only reason why duff isnt the biggest loser ever in gnr is because steven adler talks like a retard now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: