Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:23:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More Duff on the songwriting thing..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Duff on the songwriting thing..  (Read 23962 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2004, 04:33:38 PM »

it's a funny board sometimes (axl teeth and stuff)
He should say "hello" yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2004, 04:49:17 PM »

By Duff:
Actually "My World" is one of my favorite songs

Yeah, sure hihi rofl
I dont think he  either was serious nor was sarcastic and he wanted to say, "yeah, Axl  music sucks!", I think he was trying to be funny thats it.
Why does everything a Gunner or ex-Gunner says must have a meaning.During 87-93 Duff and Slash said thousands of meaning less lines and nobody sat  to analize what tey were sayng.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2004, 05:30:18 PM »

We didn't have GN'R message boards in 87-93.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2004, 06:10:39 PM »

We didn't have GN'R message boards in 87-93.

"Au contriere mon friere" - Axl
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

How do you guys do this? Some of you seem to have copies of every post save in your computer filed in alpahabetical order or something like that. That post of yours Booker is 11 months old.... Shocked

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with this, it just amazes me.

On topic, Why Duff apologizes if he's gonna make a sarcastic remark about Axl's music writing skills?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2004, 06:53:32 PM »

When I first read it, I thought it was sarcasim as well. 

However, who gives a shit.  If it was sarcasim, it wouldn't be anything new.  The old members have been giving little digs ever since they left the band.  Just like dressing up as the New GNR for Holloween.  That's a dig if I have ever seen one, and if you guys don't believe so, your crazy.  And fact that Scott also dressed up (as Axl)  fuckin pisses me off.  Scott should be working as Axl's servant.  Atleast the old guys are somewhat allowed to dig Axl because atleast they worked with him.  Scott should have been booed off stage.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
darkdays_01
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2004, 06:57:43 PM »

I like Duff, he is a very smart and articulate cat, props to him. Like he said "You shouldn't believe everything you read" Very true indeed. yes
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2004, 07:09:34 PM »

When I first read it, I thought it was sarcasim as well.?

However, who gives a shit.? If it was sarcasim, it wouldn't be anything new.? The old members have been giving little digs ever since they left the band.? Just like dressing up as the New GNR for Holloween.? That's a dig if I have ever seen one, and if you guys don't believe so, your crazy.? And fact that Scott also dressed up (as Axl)? fuckin pisses me off.? Scott should be working as Axl's servant.? Atleast the old guys are somewhat allowed to dig Axl because atleast they worked with him.? Scott should have been booed off stage.? ?

Did that really happen??  I haven't heard anything about it.  Shocked
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

Let me get something straight :

Scott does not dress as axl or like axl.

Fashion is back to the styles most 80's and early 90's people used to wear.

Scott is fashionable, not axlable.

Axl did not create a " style", fashion designers did.

Cappiche ?

Nothing to say
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2004, 07:34:18 PM »

How do you guys do this? Some of you seem to have copies of every post save in your computer filed in alpahabetical order or something like that. That post of yours Booker is 11 months old.... Shocked

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with this, it just amazes me.

On topic, Why Duff apologizes if he's gonna make a sarcastic remark about Axl's music writing skills?

Search function at the top of the page...

Wish the answer was more exciting.  Undecided
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2004, 07:36:58 PM »

contraire booker, contraire  Grin Wink and it's fr?re. Kiss

Nothing to say
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2004, 07:53:25 PM »

Yep, he's so obviously bein sarcastic, i'm surprised so many people took him seriously! I was reading the first few threads thinking 'damn they don't all think he emans that do they?!' lol. If he wanted to give Axl some respect he would have said 'Madagascar', 'The Blues' or maybe 'November Rain' if it had to be a song from when he was in GNR. There is NO WAY I believe 'My World' is one of his fav songs!It's awful! I see it as an outro more than a song...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 08:01:41 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2004, 08:10:30 PM »

Cappiche ?

Hmmm, thats not nescessarily true. I think Scott does try to dress like some singers (Not Axl though), I've seen him looking very John Lennon and very Jim Morrison in the past. Either way Scott is a genius, I have been a huge fan of STP for nearly as long as i've been a fan of GNR so i'm not about to start slagging Scott off. He doesn't need to copy anyone.
Also I think Scott does like Axl, well Iknow for a fact he loves Appetite For Destruction cos he's said this before in interviews and he has no reason not to like him. I do think it's a bit stupid of VR to dress up like the new GNR, if they did that. I think the old members are going to be shocked when they hear Chinese Democrazy (If and when) because I know it's going to surpass their expectations, they (well Duff anyway) seem to think it's going to be on some crazy techno vibe or something (cos they only refer to OMG and My World) but they never mention 'The Blues' or 'Madagascar', which are undoubtedly great pieces of music and there will be more songs like that on CD, i'm sure. Even if there are a few OMG style songs (But PLEASE NO Silkworms!) inbetween i'm cool with that. I liked Oh My God, and people who i've played it too did also.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2004, 08:29:32 PM »

Cappiche ?

I'm not saying that Scott dresses like Axl.? I'm saying that he did in fact dress as Axl for Holloween as a joke.? And Slash dressed as Buckethead.? I'm not sure what the others dressed as.? To me, Scott has no right to do so without getting some shit.?

And your wrong.? Fashion is back in the 70's now.? Not quite back to the 80's yet and definately not in the 90's.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 08:32:03 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2004, 09:00:56 PM »

i give duff credit for retracting the quote

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2004, 09:05:28 PM »

Cappiche ?

I'm not saying that Scott dresses like Axl.  I'm saying that he did in fact dress as Axl for Holloween as a joke.  And Slash dressed as Buckethead.  I'm not sure what the others dressed as.  To me, Scott has no right to do so without getting some shit. 

And your wrong.  Fashion is back in the 70's now.  Not quite back to the 80's yet and definately not in the 90's.

Have you seen the belgium designers Huh?? plus, what i have seen on the catwalks are more 80's than 70's...anyway, let's not have a fashion argument, if you want ,'ill send you photos of next spring, k ? Wink

Nothing to say
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2004, 09:26:45 PM »

I like Duff, he is a very smart and articulate cat...

Quote from: duff
to all concerned
i will know officially retract a statement made in an interview for the voodoo-fest in new orleans a couple of weeks ago. to paraphrase, i was quoted as saying that axl wrote non of the music for guns n' roses

Yeah ... he's articulate alright.? hihi

On topic:? I don't think Duff was being sarcastic.
I wonder if this quote could be used in Axl's favor in that lawsuit over the use/ownership of the songs?? Cheesy

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2004, 10:02:46 PM »

I just think it's cool as hell Duff keeps posting on an internet message board and keeping up with his fans. He really seems to be enjoying the run with VR this time around, and the fact he goes to the velvet revolver forum to talk to the fans is awesome. You can tell they really appreciate all of this alot more than I think they maybe did when they were with Guns.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2004, 11:49:07 PM »

Cappiche ?

I'm not saying that Scott dresses like Axl.? I'm saying that he did in fact dress as Axl for Holloween as a joke.? And Slash dressed as Buckethead.? I'm not sure what the others dressed as.? To me, Scott has no right to do so without getting some shit.?

And your wrong.? Fashion is back in the 70's now.? Not quite back to the 80's yet and definately not in the 90's.

Have you seen the belgium designers Huh?? plus, what i have seen on the catwalks are more 80's than 70's...anyway, let's not have a fashion argument, if you want ,'ill send you photos of next spring, k ? Wink

Ok don't take this the wrong way, but does anybody where any of that stuff that is on the catwalk?  Whenever I see those catwalks, Im say to myself "who in the hell will ever where that".   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2004, 12:43:48 AM »

I think what Duff said about My world was sarcastic? ?Undecided

It's a way of saying...'of course axl contributed to GNR musically..but it sucked !!! '

Good call, i was wondering if i were the only one that thought that. when i first read that, sarcasm came to mind.

Axl wrote for gnr, my world is one of my favs, everyone even hardcore GNR fans pretty much dont like My world or its without a doubt 90 percent of gnr fans least fav track

so it kinda sounded like a dig in some ways.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: