Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did Brain Really say that?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Brain Really say that?  (Read 4664 times)
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« on: November 07, 2004, 12:44:34 AM »

I read a few days ago in someones  post that when Brain joined the band he said he never  liked GNR and their music, and that he only joined the band for the money. Is this true? Where and when did he say it? Can anyone elaborate? peace

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 01:55:43 AM »

I don't think he quite said it like that.  Though, I think Brain and Tommy have said they didn't like old GNR like AFD etc....they've said they weren't fans back in the day....but I don't think they've said anything other than that.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 04:52:05 AM »

i know tommy or richard said he wasn't into AFD cuz that wasn't he's thing back in the day, he knew the band cuz you couldn'd get anywhere without hearing GN'R, but it wasn't in his deal. he did like to play the songs and really loved the new stuff, and i believe the new direction of the band was what made him stay with gn'r. but from what i've heard he was very careful about the words. he never hated Gn'R, he knew their songs. he just wasn't a fan. but then again i don't think Axl was looking for fans in the band.
as far as i know, these guys pull it off completly and enjoy playing the songs we love Live, and that's good enought for me.

Chinese Democracy!
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 05:24:18 AM »

If they don't like AFD, they must be complete idiots... Cry
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 06:20:40 AM »

maybe they prefer playing tunes like "oh my god" or "silkworms" than AFD who knows  Shocked
Sometimes their words are shocking.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 08:28:41 AM »

I think you are referring to when a fan posted that he went to a Brain concert and Brain said he was getting frustrated with the wait and said the only reason he is still in was the money.The fan clearly said Brain was joking when he said that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 08:58:54 AM »

maybe they prefer playing tunes like "oh my god" or "silkworms" than AFD who knows? Shocked

Yeah, truly shocking when a musician prefers to perform songs he/she wrote instead of other people's songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 11:00:47 AM »

maybe they prefer playing tunes like "oh my god" or "silkworms" than AFD who knows? Shocked

Yeah, truly shocking when a musician prefers to perform songs he/she wrote instead of other people's songs.

/jarmo
how can you call them "songs"?  Huh I would call them demos...

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 11:49:23 AM »

how can you call them "songs"?  Huh I would call them demos...

How can you not get bored trying to aggrivate every topic? Give it up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 11:52:13 AM »

/jarmo
how can you call them "songs"?? Huh I would call them demos...
Oh, I've seen that before. Stop, please. OMG is a great tune and the new band did a lot more than those 2 songs - yeah, SONGS!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 11:57:25 AM »

/jarmo
Oh, I've seen that before. Stop, please. OMG is a great tune and the new band did a lot more than those 2 songs - yeah, SONGS!!

yeah 5 hihi I think those songs blow as well.. Knowing gnr & the sound I like n expected from gnr/axl it was a letdown..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 12:08:47 PM »

I'm not here to please you. I'm not a "yes-man". When I think things are good I say they are good, when I think things are bad, I say they are bad. Unfortunately, I have to recognize that in the "new-GN'R" world, things are more often bad than good. This is what I observe. I would be the happiest person when "chinese democracy" is released, I would be the happiest person when I hear studio versions of "the blues" and "madagascar" because they may be classics for me, but when I read Brain's insulting comments toward GN'R music or listen to "silkworms" or "oh my god" type of songs, it just really annoy me.
I love so much Guns n' Roses than when something turns bad I can turn bad too. It's called passion. But passion doesn't mean to be a yes-man on this board. as soon as I respect everybody all is alright don't you think?
so let me think what I want to think, and let respect my opinion. I'm not new, you begin to know me now, you know how I work.
Thank you
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 12:11:39 PM by nesquick » Logged

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 12:17:27 PM »

I'm not here to please you. I'm not a "yes-man". When I think things are good I say they are good, when I think things are bad, I say they are bad. Unfortunately, I have to recognize that in the "new-GN'R" world, things are more often bad than good. This is what I observe. I would be the happiest person when "chinese democracy" is released, I would be the happiest person when I hear studio versions of "the blues" and "madagascar" because they may be classics for me, but when I read Brain's insulting comments toward GN'R music or listen to "silkworms" or "oh my god" type of songs, it just really annoy me.
I love so much Guns n' Roses than when something turns bad I can turn bad too. It's called passion. But passion doesn't mean to be a yes-man on this board. as soon as I respect everybody all is alright don't you think?
so let me think what I want to think, and let respect my opinion. I'm not new, you begin to know me now, you know how I work.
Thank you

How do you know Brain said anything bad? You have no proof. Here's something I just made up:

BRAIN "I love all the GNR songs"

See how easy it is?

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 02:04:10 PM »

Fuckin' cunts

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2004, 04:39:12 PM »

On the official colonal claypulls bernie buckets site or wutever the fuck that bands called, Brain does criticize SCOM or how hes supposed to play the song.
BrAIN says something like "Heres where im supposed to do that stupid lick for SCOM". Thats the only qoute in an interveiw i know of thats somewhat negative about GNR.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 05:47:52 PM »

last thing about Brain: I have never seen him smile with Guns n' Roses. On my Video bootlegs there is something wrong with that guy. I can see Tommmy having fun, Richard having fun, Robin having fun, Axl having fun, Dizzy having fun and even Pittman having fun with his keyboards...but Brain seems like a machine for me. He plays the songs like a cold machine, he doesn't look to the audience, I think he doesn't even look to the rest of the band, and once the show is over he left the stage, still without a look to anybody. He doesn't seem happy playing for GN'R. I mean come on, you are in a big Rock band, you play in front of thousands people, you even play at the Madison Square Garden (sold out), you win tons of money and...you never smile? in 2 years you never smile? wow... is (was) he in competition with Buckethead on that point? In add, I never heard his voice, I never heard him speak. and I think I never read an interview by him. And on top of that he insults the music he plays? he says SCOM is something "stupid" to play? Don't you think it's a little "too much" for one guy?
I also remember having read articles where Brain was mention as a former Guns n' Roses drummer. I perfectly remember the word former. I memorized it. People used to say that was "just a mistake". But I saw he was mentioned as a former member in another article somewhere on the internet a little bit later, in another article.
it wouldn't surprise me at all if Brain was fired/quited the band. But I don't want to say BS so I wouldn't say he is not in GN'R anymore. But I don't exclude that possibility. More generally I'm fed-up with this lack of comunication in the band/GN'R camp. Ron Thal would have been a very good thing for this weird GN'R world... He would have brung a smile to that band. He would have...communicated. Miracle! Shocked
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 06:05:02 PM by nesquick » Logged

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 05:54:17 PM »

And on top of that he insults the music he plays? On top of that he says SCOM is something "stupid" to play?

Well this is the same guy who probably thinks the way he plays YCBM is cool

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 06:17:17 PM »

i think what he's referring to is when a fan asked him if he was still in gnr and brain said somethin like "as long as they still pay me"

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 06:44:53 PM »

last thing about Brain: I have never seen him smile with Guns n' Roses.

Steven Adler smiled a lot and look at what happened to him....

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2004, 06:48:07 PM »

How can you not get bored trying to aggrivate every topic? Give it up.

ADZ, youve got some nerve, i remember you from the slash snakepit community, you were the biggest fucking aggrivator on the forum, and thats why you were banned from that place.
So dont get all holier than thou on people.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 06:52:45 PM by phaseONE » Logged

-------and time goes by-------
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: