Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:43:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Megadeth mentions Axl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Megadeth mentions Axl  (Read 8466 times)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« on: November 04, 2004, 06:19:33 PM »

I just read this, he basically wanted to dress as Axl but he didnt have a fat suit with bad attitude or something like that.... oh well!

Here is the link to if you want to check it!

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28795
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

I'm an axl sheep, I will follow him to death, litteraly .....but Scott is not dressing like Axl , he is dressing like Rob halford from Judas Priest.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:12:01 PM »

agh pet i meant as a halloween costume?? dont you read da news??
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 07:14:57 PM »

I wonder if Axl is just gonna go after everyone if CD ever comes out and they start doing press or touring. The old axl would have but the new axl might be more easy going.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 07:39:13 PM »

agh pet i meant as a halloween costume?? dont you read da news??

hmmmmm I must've missed that one. If it's not on blabb chances are, I'll never see it.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 07:49:45 PM »

I just read this, he basically wanted to dress as Axl but he didnt have a fat suit with bad attitude or something like that.... oh well!

another case of an artist being jealous of the fact that axl hasnt done anything in 10 years and is still an all time legend whereas Dave Mustaine will always be remembered as the guy who got kicked out of metallica.

Im tired, joking or not of people taking shots at axl.  who the fuck is dave mustaine to say anything about Axl anyway?

Axl had a small weight problem which he doesnt have anymore and that bad attitude works very well for Axl, i think Dave is mad that no matter how tough he tried to act he never got the street cred that axl has and will always have.

i dont care what Genre of music it is, people respect axl.  athletes,actors,rappers it doesnt matter, most people wouldnt know Dave Mustaine if he walked in with a "i am Dave mustaine" tattoo on his forehead.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 08:14:16 PM »

another case of an artist being jealous of the fact that axl hasnt done anything in 10 years and is still an all time legend whereas Dave Mustaine will always be remembered as the guy who got kicked out of metallica.

Im tired, joking or not of people taking shots at axl.  who the fuck is dave mustaine to say anything about Axl anyway?

Axl had a small weight problem which he doesnt have anymore and that bad attitude works very well for Axl, i think Dave is mad that no matter how tough he tried to act he never got the street cred that axl has and will always have.

i dont care what Genre of music it is, people respect axl.  athletes,actors,rappers it doesnt matter, most people wouldnt know Dave Mustaine if he walked in with a "i am Dave mustaine" tattoo on his forehead.

D, I'm 100% with you on this one.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 10:08:26 PM »

I wonder if Axl is just gonna go after everyone if CD ever comes out and they start doing press or touring. The old axl would have but the new axl might be more easy going.

Yeah, all this shit towards Axl could possible make for some great songs, and shows.  I hope it does.  Axl will be at his best.

peace and rock on

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 01:55:10 AM »

Does this not just make you want Axl to come back and kick his and everybody elses ass. I am so sick and tired of people slagging Axl and him not saying one word. Axl Rose Stand up and be counted for god sakes.

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 02:35:34 AM »

Mustain sucks ass...  Grin
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 02:39:32 AM »

MEGADETH bassist James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH) has posted the following message in the band's web site:

"First off, it's been a pleasure meeting a lot of you from the forums and the Street Teams. The tour couldn't be going better and thank you for all the support.

"We thought we might have to cancel the Denver gig, we were stuck at a truck stop all day and most of the night before we got the go-ahead. There were alot of accidents and a bad snow storm but all turned in our favor, and what a show it was, phenomenal. The EXODUS guys ROCK!!!!!!!

"Let me address one small issue about comments one night about Axl Rose [Mustaine reportedly said 'It's Halloween night, and I wanted to dress up as Axl Rose for you people, but no one had a fat-man suit with a bad attitude, so I came as me!' ? Ed.] that a few people seemed to go on an endless rant about. First off, he has no respect for his fans and if you want to defend him, that's your prerogative. It was a joke in the first place and if you can't see that, then whatever, I have no idea what Dave is going to say night to night but I always look forward to it and it's always comical and done with class, spoken like he always has.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 06:39:49 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 02:54:18 AM »

what's the big deal? it was a stupid joke. don't give mustaine so much credit in feeling defensive about that shit.
and how do you know, that axl doesn't have a small weight problem? did yuu see him lately? and if he has such a problem, it doesn't matter, i don't give s shit if axl has 10 pounds too much. and with his new outfit you won't even see that. maybe that'S the reason for this change...who knows?

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

Here's the link:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28795

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 07:13:31 AM »

SAD.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 07:55:52 AM »

Do you ever think some artists in the field of rock/metal have lost respect for axl because he has treated his fans in a way most artists wouldn't? Lets be honest if any other group kept their fans waiting and didn't come through for countles years we would be saying shit and laughing..
These people may be musicians but some are fans as well and are probably disgusted..

It's even tough for gnr fans to stick with this, we are clearly the exception and even sometimes we blow up..
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 08:36:41 AM »

Mustaine likes Axl...as far as I know. He just likes to talk a lot of shit of anybody.
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 01:39:25 PM »

Mustaine seems to whine all the time! Im sick of him quite frankly.
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 02:48:11 PM »

Dave was amazing,but that was a long time ago in the good old days of 'Rust In Peace' - one pf the best albums of all time, but...While Megadeth's new bass player sticks up for Mustaine, saying "Axl don't care about his fans", they need to take a long look at themselves, I mean, what the fuck was 'Risk'?  If Dave cared about his fans, he would not have done that to them.  I would have rather waited 20 years for a good album.  Don't get me wrong, waiting this long for CD is a pain in the arse, but it's nice to see some of the people I have had respect for for years still care about the quality of the music.  I don't know how good the next Gn'R album will be, but I know that Axl is writing this for himself, otherwise he would have released any old shit years ago, as Dave has done with their last few albums.   I hate Dave Mustaine, which is a shame because he used to be so good.   The System Has Failed???  The only thing that failed , Dave, was you.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 04:43:59 PM »

Megadeth is one of the best metal bands ever.  Usually I agree with D, but here I couldn't disagree with you more.  Dave Mustaine is now a legend in his own right, he is much more than just "the guy who got kicked out of Metallica".  That's Ron McGovney.  I'm sorry, but when you've made albums like Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? and Youthanasia, you're a lot more than an ex-Metallica guitarist.  I would say that more people know Dave Mustaine than know Kirk Hammet.  As for Risk...well, people slag that the same way they talk shit about Metallica's Load, but like that album, it has its share of great songs, like "Crush 'Em" and "I'll Be There".  Finally, let's look at recent albums.  Megadeth put out The System Has Failed.  Metallica put out St. Anger.  Who's still making great heavy metal?  Mustaine.

Now, as for the comment about Axl.  That's just typical Dave.  The guy has always had an entertainingly big mouth, and he's razzing Axl the same way he talks shit about everyone from Lars Ulrich to Northern Ireland.  It's just a joke.  Besides, I think this really illustrates the difference between the attitudes of Axl past and present.  The old Axl might have gotten involved in a big war of words with Dave, and ranted about him at various concerts.  The new Axl doesn't say anything.  Some of you might say he's above that.  So then why does he still make rants at concerts?

The bottom line is that both Dave and Axl have fronted two of the greatest hard rock/metal bands of the last 20 years.  But Dave is still performing and releasing albums, and Axl isn't.  Both of them are known for their rants from stage.  But Dave doesn't stand up his fans at concerts.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 04:51:16 PM »

I'm an axl sheep, I will follow him to death, litteraly .....but Scott is not dressing like Axl , he is dressing like Rob halford from Judas Priest.

Exactly! Now that you mention it he is copying Haldord without the touch of gayness.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: