Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: Pink & Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: Pink & Axl?  (Read 13640 times)
insomniac
Opening Act

« on: June 01, 2004, 01:45:07 AM »

Round 2???

Bad girl pop star Pink has shocked the rock world on several occassions during her brief music career. Making out with Tommy Lee and Kristanna Loken, writing songs about her abusive family life, but the girl with the ever changing hair color has apparently topped her pop rivals with her latest move - convincing the controversial Axl Rose to sing on her upcoming remake of the Bonnie Tyler classic Total Eclipse of the Heart, for the Wes Craven movie Cursed, starring Christina Ricci. The two projects share a similar history. Rose has been promising the release of his next CD, Chinese Democracy, for several years now while Craven's Cursed was originally scheduled to come out last summer but was pulled, shelved, then reworked to change the structure of the film and is now supposed to come out this summer.
"I'm lucky he didn't arrest me and he probably only agreed to do it to get rid of me!," Pink said of her recent time spend with Rose. It was the typical hollywood story. A friend of a friend of a member of Pink's management staff happened to run into Axl at a grocery store of all places, and when the red-haired elusive rocker mentioned that he enjoyed Pink's music the wheels started rolling. Once the message was passed on to Pink, who fits more into the Aerosmith and Kid Rock area than with pop princesses Britney and Christina, she became obsessed with contacting him.
After finding out where Rose and his new version of Guns N Roses were recording, Pink showed up unnounced at the studio.
"I practically had to bribe the security guard to let me in," the outspoken Pink laughed. "And then I practically had to blow Axl to get him to sing for me! But it's Axl fucking Rose."
While not really a duet, Rose just sings backing vocals on the song, Pink was clearly stoked to have Rose performing on her album.
"He's just singing the part at the beginning . . . a couple 'turn arounds' and 'turn around bright eyes' and then he goes off a bit later in the song, but we're not sure how it's all going to fit together yet. I can assure you though, it'll be fucking amazing. It's such a beautiful, touching song. Then you throw in Axl's growl and it's going to blow you away." Pink said she showed up and begged Rose to sing on one of her two songs for the movie. "I thought for sure he'd do D'yer, but he said that'd be too expected, so he added his vocals to Eclipse. I'm still in shock he decided to do it." Pink said Axl only agreed to do the song on one condition . . . that she not talk about what she heard him doing in the studio.
"I swore on my life I wouldn't talk about what I heard, but I have to tell you guys it kicked ass. I only heard parts of two songs and they both gave me the same goosebumps I had the first time I heard Welcome. Fucking guy was hitting notes that I can't even reach."
When asked why she decided to cover the Tyler classic, Pink lit up a cigarette, chuckled and responded. "Dude, have you heard Jessica Simpson's version of You Take My Breath Away," she responded shaking her head. No other words needed to be said.
Pink is also covering Led Zepplin's D'Yer Maker for the movie.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 07:27:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

If i thought that I was crazy, well I guess i'd have more fun.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 01:57:33 AM »

source?

damn axl would kick ass singing that song

i hope this is true!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 01:58:56 AM »

Yeah, right  Roll Eyes hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 02:16:47 AM »

Nice little fiction piece.      

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 02:18:50 AM »

hey insomniac whats your scource for this rumor? hey you seem like a fairly new member here at the board since you only have 6 post and let me tell you that people here will rip you a new one if you dont put a scource, and i owuld say fairly so necause we have gotten a bunch of new posters putting bullshit rumors up to fuck with us, not that im saying your stuff is bull shit just explaiining. it would be cool if it was true all though i dont particularly care for pink but anything with axl,  

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 02:20:51 AM »

Insomniac.  You should know better.

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago a stunt like this would work.  But come on.  These people are hardened warriors when it comes to rumors.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 02:22:55 AM »

i sense bullshit. i went to pinks messageboard and the exact same message is there, and the poster only has one posting there. If this is a joke, just fuck off you stupid prick.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 02:25:26 AM »

The way this is written is just juvenile.  It is interesting in parts, but does anyone really think Axl would let Pink listen to his big guns?  

Don't bring that shit in here man.    ok

DemocracyRose
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 03:02:29 AM »

Dont count on this..... Tongue

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 03:08:47 AM »

i could see pink blowing axl  hihi

Chinese Democracy!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 03:47:01 AM »

6 posts + No source = bullshit

I'll apologize if you come up with a source. If you can't find one, then hit the road dude.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 03:55:58 AM »

Geez u guys are all fucking nice. Tongue

State ur case but dont fuckin have a go at him/her

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 04:17:04 AM »

Geez u guys are all fucking nice. Tongue

State ur case but dont fuckin have a go at him/her

Ahhh...they aren' being that bad are they?

I mean, if it walks like a duck.....

Ask yourself this: if the guy posted a source, would people be acting like this?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 05:47:11 AM »

A friend of a friend of a member of Pink's management staff happened to run into Axl at a grocery store of all places,  

Axl...leaving the house....? I don't believe it!

This has bullshit written all over it - and where's the source...?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
fora
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 06:28:42 AM »

I think source is:

http://pink.shread.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=51906

Someone posted it at Pink messageboard
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 07:22:23 AM »

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW
What a suck-e song to remake...Blah! Lips Sealed
Betcha the arrangement will be the same except with a pink vocal edge to it...
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 07:31:32 AM »

This better be a bloody joke, although im kind of worried. Everyone knows Pink loves Axl, if i recall she nearly gave away the 2002 VMA performance while being interviewed by Kurt Loader on the red carpet she said the only reason she was there was to see Axl, didnt think much of it at the time. Then there is the awful performance of Welcome to the Jungle she has started to do as an encore to her show while on tour tour. Hmmmmm now this, please god dont let it be true.

The only way i would ever accept this is if they did a version of total eclipse of the hear that is played by the wedding band in 'old school' for anyone who hasnt heard it go to:

http://www.cafeshops.com/thedanband.8878061

scroll down to the samples bit and click on the '1. total eclipse of the heart.mp3' (you cant save it you have to stream it) make sure you listen to the whole thing, the chorus is hillarious!!!

Jonx

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 07:42:19 AM »

pink did WTTJ?!??? whaaaaaaat?? wow... :s

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 08:09:21 AM »

Pink is certainly busy-she's also up for the part of Janis Joplin's film version, according to the ny post, source, http://www.nypost.com/gossip/liz.htm. love
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 10:05:26 AM »

Whoever wrote this is pretty creative but I highly doubt its reaql. The only hting that tells me its fake is this comment...
"And then I practically had to blow Axl to get him to sing for me! But it's Axl fucking Rose."

I doubt Pink would say that but who knows. If its real cool but I doubt it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: