Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Tommys site!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Tommys site!  (Read 12470 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: November 02, 2004, 08:01:48 AM »

NOV. 2 UPDATE FROM TOMMY:

Hey All,
Finally home from round one of the Village Gorilla Head Tour. Whoa! I had way too much fun. I want to thank all of you for coming out and supporting the tour. Alien Crime Syndicate proved to be the best idea I've had in a long time. We had some great moments. Especially in the U.K. Looks like I'll take a little break, well at least til Monday, then I'll go into a rehearsal room and try to come up with some more tunes for a b-side I'll be putting out with a single and a video in the new year. Also I've already started to put together some dates for January and February in the states and the U.K. I'll put the dates up as soon as I confirm them. I heard that the rock station in Stockholm added my record to the play list.....Yeah me! That is one hell of a town. I had a great show there too. Just added a show at the Khyber Pass in Philly on the 8th of Dec.

Later,
Tommy

DATE CITY VENUE DETAILS
Dec 8 Philadelphia, PA Khyber Pass w/ FULL BAND
Dec 9 New York, NY Irving Plaza w/ Jesse Malin
FULL BAND
BUY TICKETS

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:16:10 AM »

Seems like he has no plans with GNR in the next 3-4 month...

I dont think this is a good sign...? no

« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 08:48:49 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:21:58 AM »

Seems like he has no plans with GNR in the next 2-3 month...

I dont think this is a good sign... 

I was thinking the same thing... what a downer!

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 08:37:25 AM »

Oh My God, The Khyber...oh that will be sweet!!! That place is tiny, tiny....I'm going...thanks mr. tom-tom ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:04 AM »

Also I've already started to put together some dates for January and February in the states and the U.K.

bad news for GN'R... Roll Eyes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
fixintodie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:54:26 AM »

Same shit, different day.

Let's recap:

Guns n' Roses 'band' members

Axl = hermit. only recording since '99 is for a goofy gta game. won't talk to, respond, or acknowledge his fans.
Richard Fortus = disappeared from face of the Earth.
Robin Finck = likewise.
Dizzy Reid = on tour elsewhere.
Buckethead = gone. searching for a replacement, who the fuck knows?
Tommy Stinson = is on tour solo in February, when ChinDem is laughably 'proposed for release'
Brain = says he hates the band's classic songs, says he's only in it for the money, is on tour with a former member who hates the band.

In what way is this a band?

Don't get me wrong, I love the new band's sound, and I love the new songs. But it's been 5 years. Get it the fuck together guys.  no nervous Cry

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 09:00:34 AM »

well, im wasting too mush time in here....! So.. i may soon be gone! So many other bands too focus on!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 09:01:58 AM »

for fuck's sake guys, stop the bitching!!!! like the search result on google said, we are expected to hear some news in february about cd, what is wrong with tommy touring until that happens?? I'd rather have allot of solo stuff while axl is wrapping this whole monster up, than nothing...  ok this thing is all axl, no wonder the other guys are out rocking just like they want to...

so basically, no one can call this bad news for gn'r and get away with it... but then again, there are still people hoping for a november release so anything is possible  hihi. it's a little embarrassing, but last year i sat around thinking cd would be out last november... at least i have learned somethings... don't believe gn'r rumours and don't dig to too deep into the hired guns solo plans.... when there's news we'll get it first, no worries, like prooven so many times over the past years!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 09:03:33 AM »

Also I've already started to put together some dates for January and February in the states and the U.K.

we can forget 2005..... maybe 2006

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 09:09:37 AM »

I love how the diehards will find a way to try and spin this into something positive when there is no way we can see an album in Feb if Tommy is planning tour dates. Remember all the promo the VR guys had to do when their album came out, the same will be expected of New GNR. Its kind of hard to promote when you're on the road promoting your own solo album.

This whole situation is comical. I just don't understand how the record can't be done. Only thing I can surmise is they are re-recording all of Bucket's crap because Axl can't bring himself to pay royalties to someone no longer in the band regardless of how good his stuff is. His ego is too big.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 09:10:11 AM »

yeah, for some reason year 2005 only have two moths so i guess your right.........

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 09:18:47 AM »

I don't know why I'm not having as hard a time waiting for Chinese Democracy as some of you. If the record comes out soon, that's awesome. If it doesn't, it's still cool. I've been a GNR fan practically all my life, and the progress of CD has little effect on that. Besides, out of the 30 gigabytes of GNR I have on my computer, I still have a few live shows I haven't even seen yet  ok

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 09:30:02 AM »

yeah, for some reason year 2005 only have two moths so i guess your right.........
.and other ten months? More  Dizzy tourdates ? More Tommy stinson interviews about "final mixes"  ? Wake up. man !

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 09:35:44 AM »

Seems like he has no plans with GNR in the next 3-4 month...

I dont think this is a good sign...? no

looks like I'm gonna kill myself after all.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 09:40:26 AM »

just because he has plans in jan/feb doesnt mean we wont get the album. I totally agree it doesnt look promising but GNr might release the album first then go on tour in the sprin and summer and never come back till next yr....

If the album is out by February we should all make a friendly protest i have in mind...not demanding the album simply what the fuck is up

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 09:53:49 AM »

You can't blame all of the session musicians axl hired for wanting to do something besides wait. I was pist when Bucket left the group.... but as this thing drags on it becomes more clear. Bucket was sick of fucking around and needed to do something more creative than taking orders and waiting on Axl to overcome his demons. Look, I think the album will be amazing and the "session" musicians who are working on it are all great but the longer they have to wait on axl the more likely they are to say fuck it and jump ship like fuckethead did.

We'll see....

WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 10:18:11 AM »

Haha... I said something like this would happen a month ago when everyone was talkin about the Feb. release. ChinD wont be out until Axl says so. And when will that be? I dont even think god knows, so until that time everyone should ignore all rumors.

And what do you guys think will happen in Feb? Axl will crawl outta his hole, and say two things to MTV. "ChinD will be great, the band is great and i've never seen a group work so hard in my life, its a long long process. Keep waiting it will be out soon!"

that is all
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 10:40:10 AM »

Good for him, seems like he's enjoying his solo gig.

On the other hand, we can dream on for an early 2005 album release/ tour. I guess our next bet would be summer/ fall 2005 then...?

fixintodie
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 11:07:07 AM »

The thing is, yeah, the album could come out in February while Tommy is on tour. It would be a frigging stupid way of doing it, though. Sure, it could come out in Feb, Axl could do a promo tour of interviews on tv and radio and mags, and then the band could reconvene in March/April for a tour. But this is Guns N' Roses, and I think we've all being stung enough times to know that this isn't going to happen. The best case scenario never happens.

Tommy said a couple of months ago that he had to check in with the GNR camp to find out if he was cool to tour solo in February. If he's now booking dates, this means he has checked with Axl and been told his services aren't required in February. Or before. And even if a tour was to follow in Spring, no band, not even Guns would be suicidal enough to drop the album while people are off hawking their solo shit, good shit though it may be.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 11:08:09 AM »

Wonder what track the single and video will be.

Plenty of great tracks to choose from.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: