Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  aunt ger and those letters of support?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: aunt ger and those letters of support?  (Read 16985 times)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2004, 03:31:33 PM »

I was just thinking, perhaps Aunt Ger could ask Dizzy if he'd be interested in doing a little interview for the board like Tommy did?
Unless of course Jarmo has asked before, which come to think of it, he probably has.

Cool to see Aunt Ger around - and even cooler to see how supportive she is of her nephew.? beer

Management aren't wanting Q&A sessions with gnr members at the moment

i really wonder if axl got pissed off a little bit by tommy, after his latest interview in europe... Huh

Tommy was encouraged by Axl and everyone else to do what he wanted. He said so himself. If you read in his interviews, Tommy had the decency of offering his solo songs to gnr before recording them himself. That is the kind of person Axl wants in gnr.

From what I understand, Axl just wants a bunch of people around him that respects who he is and what he wants. There are no rules, it's just all based on trust. Good old fashioned trust

i read some of the interviews, but still, axl changes his mind once in a while.
i just found the way odd, how you wrote that the management doesn't want that right now. i know you said before, that the GnR-camp is quite busy atm. seems i was too picky about that.

but as Mateoson said before, it's friday and i had a very long week. anyways, i'm happy that the band is occupied. that means progress and that is all we want. Smiley

well, i think i was enough off-topic. Wink but thanks for the input, mysteron.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2004, 03:44:16 PM »

Once the album comes out hopefully someone will write a book or at least spill the beans in an interview as to what all of the setbacks have been about. It really is none of my business... but it drives me crazy sometimes wondering....

Playing devil's advocate from what I said earlier.... Maybe that's been part of the promotion all along. I mean the more things get pushed back and go wrong or change, the more I anticipate the album. The more mystery and "top secret" like explanations I hear, the more I wonder what is going on.... If that's the case maybe management does know what they are doing. I still say screw the man (agement)! LOL.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2004, 03:46:43 PM »

Thanks for the well written response it's cool you're down to earth.. I have to ask you, are you let down with how long everything is taking? WHo would have thought the last gnr albums we bought with new material would have been in 1991..

I only mentioned the dinner because some guys might be really tight and be close with the family members.. Thanks for being honest with me, it's nice to know ..--

---

Mysteron I think you were a little tough on the person that asked, it is just an album and it would only make senc eto ask if you have someone who is close to dizzy posting on the board.. Everyone just wants some info..? Whatever happened to the ten questions from ages ago??

Axl doesn't want to go public until there is an album

When he does he will answer your questions

Well once the album comes out I won't have any more questions, Besides he doesn't have to be such a stick in the mud, he could talk just to let people know he's alive and to thank people for putting up with the endless wait, aborted tour, etc..

You don't need an album to be civil..
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2004, 04:27:22 PM »

You don't need an album to be civil..

you just need a single, right?  hihi beer

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2004, 04:58:56 PM »

I don't blame Axl for not giving out any info. He wants the music to prove himself, then I think he will fill in some of the blanks!!
peace

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2004, 05:33:38 PM »

So any idea on when the album is supposed to come?  Is there still some kind of announcement going to be made in regards to GN'R anytime soon!?!?!?!?  Damn I'm getting anxious for some good music.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2004, 07:29:13 PM »

Wow i guess im outnumbered like 50-1 but i will not change my opinion.

what exactly have they shared with us that has been true?

I can come on here and say

Axl is in talks to release Chinese Democracy by March of 2005, now i have that confirmed by management but dont get excited, axl can change his mind  at anytime.

May rolls around.

well guys it was suppose to happen but something happened and Axl still isnt ready, so i will keep u posted.

for the year and a half ive been here thats what ive read.

No disrespect to Aunt Ger or Mysteron but do people bash these "insider sourcers"

NO they bash the person who had nothing to do with the info the insiders post which is MR Rose.

ill take no information over false information that doesnt happen everyday of the week.

i dont care if all thousand people on this board call me an asshole, i have an opinion, its my opinion and as u all know, i rarely go against my opinion regardless of what people think of it.

fact of the matter is the insiders who so graciously grant us inside info may be right one every 10 times and the info they find out isnt exclusive to them, i remember when a poster found out exactly the same thing Mysteron did.

People shouldnt hold their breath for any inside info to hit any message board

the album has been this tight lipped for this long without a single note leaked, it isnt gonna be screwed up and leaked by a poster on a message board.

i avoid disappointments by not believing anyone who has "inside" info

cause if they did and spilled it on this board they would be stabbing Axl in the back and im not down with that at all!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 07:30:52 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2004, 09:04:28 PM »

I don?t know a full account of that event but Who is bad mouthing about Axl because of that?

It Seems like some ppl believe that only themselves (if any, plus one person, for some) on the earth have feelings worth consideration. Reminds me of the recent position of a certain country on the rest.? no

Yikes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2004, 09:33:02 PM »

The fact is, until you hear a release date from Axl himself, don't get your hopes up. It's that easy.

VH1 can say the album is coming in November, Tommy and Dizzy can say "soon", but until there's some official word on its release, stay calm.

Even then, it might get postponed.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2004, 09:44:54 PM »

i tried to research those old topics but i cant even find the one anymore about CD coming out thanksgiving, so i guess that shit was erased or something.

If a one post wonder comes on the board with a rumor, people dismiss it, they know its bullshit.

Someone like Aunt Ger or Mysteron comes on the board and says something people get excited.

Dont believe me, read threads of their rumors, people get very excited.

It was the same with that douche bag Raoxsle  people fell for that bullshit and really got their hopes up

I dont get excited or disappointed, i just hate people being gullable and falling for shit and getting their hopes crushed and that further turnin them against axl.

it happens and the only people who dont know thats a fact are either new here or havent paid attention to the threads.

people all through the threads posting *its really happening* and CD starts now*

like the vh1 rumor etc etc.

People bash Vh1 for their rumor so that makes everyone who posts info that doesnt come true fair game in my opinion.

i dont think anyone *posters,bandmembers,news organizations* gets a free pass.

If u get crazed fans hopes up, u deserve the backlash u get.

ive said it once ive said it a thousand times

no news is better than false news.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 09:46:35 PM by D » Logged

Sterlingdog
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2004, 12:28:07 AM »

Someone like Aunt Ger or Mysteron comes on the board and says something people get excited.

Dont believe me, read threads of their rumors, people get very excited.

That may be true, but you can't hold them responsible for how other people react.  If people are foolish enough to get all worked up about a "possible" release date, not an official one, that's their problem. 

no news is better than false news.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I object to the term "false news".  If the news is true when they post it, then just because plans change, it doesn't make it a lie.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'd rather hear credible information from a reliable source than nothing at all, or ridiculous rumors from one posters. 

And I would never "bash" Axl because a rumor I heard on a message board turned out not to be true.  That's just silly. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2004, 12:41:36 AM »

if everyrumor is false then how can it be true when they type it?

once again its the whole blame axl if it doesnt come to pass which gives people free reign to post whatever they please. cause when their info comes out not true *which is does every single time* they dont have to own up to it, its axl changing his mind again.

After Tommy's interview with Jarmo i am 100 percent convinced that Tommy,Brain,Dizzy,Richard,Robin,and Chris have absolutely no idea when this is coming out.

They laid their parts down and collaborated on the songs but i think thats about as far as their roles in GNR go.

the business end and release date/strategy etc i think is solely about Axl and if he doesnt know when its coming out, no member of the band or poster on a board could know either.

Facts are these, the bandmembers obviously face dire consequences if they leak anything, even members that have been kicked out havent said shit.

Do u think someone in the band will spill their guts to their family to spill the beans on a message board?

I dont care if the info came out to be true, If Axl doesnt want that info disclosed i believe everyone should respect his wishes and keep whatever secret he wants a secret.  It's not being a very good bandmember or friend to break that circle of trust.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2004, 12:52:09 AM »

if everyrumor is false then how can it be true when they type it?

Because if they are repeating what they have been told, then they aren't lying.  Mysteron posted on the cd release date thread that management is saying there might possibly be an announcement in November.  If there isn't one, are you going to accuse Mysteron of lying?  Because I would assume he was told that, and for some other reason, it didn't happen. 

Mysteron and aunt ger are 2 people with established credibility.  I think its unfair of you to imply that they intentionally give "false" information and then blame Axl.  I don't know how other people see it, but that's not what I see.  I see two nice people who want to share information with others who might be interested. Its not their fault if things don't go as planned. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2004, 01:11:19 AM »

how do they have credibility? it takes getting a few things correct to earn credibility.

mysteron has credibility cause he got answered from GNR's management

well some poster with no connections got the exact same email

im not here to question anyone's  authenticity cause i dont know for sure. i dont believe him or anyone. I think everyone wants to predict the big mystery of CD,

2 scenarios he really is tight with GNR management and is on the inside

or

he got some answers from GNR management which in turn made him look like an insider, he got tons of pm's and attention from board members so he dug the attention and ever since has used that "credibility" to try and get lucky with the release date, which then really makes him look great.

we all know CD is coming out sometime, and if u pay attention he is only repeating what Tommy Stinson said in inteviews and what Dizzy Reed said in the Richmond article.  so u use all that info act like u have inside info u hit the homerun and actually do predict close and u look like a celebrity on the message board.

If u are wrong?  well fuckin cocksuckin piece of shit axl rose is fuckin his fans over and didnt come through. this gives him the ability to sooner or later get it right and then everyone on the board will shower him with love and attention cause he's an insider.

i dont believe it!!! i only wish i had thought of it to be honest.

I cant believe im the only one who asks questions, how can u all just believe without askin any questions?

aunt ger is dizzy's aunt and im sure he loves her but i dont think he'd jeopardize his friendship and position in GNR for her. u know what they say about axl, he is the greatest friend in the world till u cross him and then its like u are dead to him, i think dizzy leakin info to his aunt and she leakin it to a message board would qualify dont u?

i could be wrong but u must question stuff, u cant just accept stuff cause someone says so.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 01:15:07 AM by D » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »

Sterlingdog, You?re the bright one.Kiss

What point is there in bashing this good-natured lady who tried to help us but missed? If they didn?t like that, they were to tell her, not we.
Maybe I?m wrong but I sense tinted jealousy.?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2004, 07:30:20 AM »

All I know is anyone can talk and give rumors and say this might happen or whatever.. I never listen to that stuff only axl knows, it's clear by every interview that no one knows a damn thing and just specualtes..

As for mysteron D, I don't know him so I don't know who he is or what he truly knows.. All I know is there is never one piece of good or positive news ever.. It's just rumors and gnr's managment isn't giving statements.. Like that's news..

When real news comes we won't need to hear it from people who have these connections, it will be on every reliable news source.. It's the net, anyone can be a poser or the real deal, but who knows? Not one person on the net has proven any knowledge involving gnr to me ,you have one admin on another board who says they know the single because axl told them, and so much other stuf.. I could say these same exact things and then blame it on axl later..
This isn't meant to put anyone down, but we know how the net is and how people just say things to look important.. I know someone has to really know, but how can you tell when everyone gives vague maybes and info only they know.. When someone says I called gnr's managment and they said this or that, how can one prove they did?

Just wait for axl to talk, these people who know things are interesting, but there's no way they know more then the other members and the other members seem to know nothing..
Sterlingdog
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2004, 11:32:48 AM »

how do they have credibility?

To be honest, I don't know.? I haven't been around here all that long, but I see how other people, who have been around, judge these people.? They are generally regarded as trustworthy.? So I take them at their word.? What harm is there in that?? Its not like I'm going to go buy stock in Geffen or something based on what they say.? Like Jarmo said, until there is some official word, just stay calm.? Until then, there is no harm in getting some idea of what might be going on from a couple people who seem to know.? If it upsets you, don't read it.

If u are wrong?? well fuckin cocksuckin piece of shit axl rose is fuckin his fans over and didnt come through. this gives him the ability to sooner or later get it right and then everyone on the board will shower him with love and attention cause he's an insider.

When have aunt ger or mysteron ever done this?? If other people act that way, don't hold them responsible.?

? I cant believe im the only one who asks questions, how can u all just believe without askin any questions?

Because there is no danger in having a little faith in them.? We aren't talking about major world? changing stuff here, in the end, we are talking about one album from one band.? If I take these 2 people at their word, on a message board on the internet, and somehow someday find out they were not who they said they were, oh well.? What's the big deal?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2004, 01:16:45 PM »

Sterling dog I feel the same way to a point, I just don't like false hope and the idea of someone possibly misleading others... I understand that it will not affect us by them giving wrong info, I just have been waiting so long that I want real accurate info, not stuff that always seems to fall through.... beer
Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2004, 02:29:11 PM »

how do they have credibility? it takes getting a few things correct to earn credibility.

mysteron has credibility cause he got answered from GNR's management

well some poster with no connections got the exact same email

im not here to question anyone's? authenticity cause i dont know for sure. i dont believe him or anyone. I think everyone wants to predict the big mystery of CD,

2 scenarios he really is tight with GNR management and is on the inside

or

he got some answers from GNR management which in turn made him look like an insider, he got tons of pm's and attention from board members so he dug the attention and ever since has used that "credibility" to try and get lucky with the release date, which then really makes him look great.

we all know CD is coming out sometime, and if u pay attention he is only repeating what Tommy Stinson said in inteviews and what Dizzy Reed said in the Richmond article.? so u use all that info act like u have inside info u hit the homerun and actually do predict close and u look like a celebrity on the message board.

If u are wrong?? well fuckin cocksuckin piece of shit axl rose is fuckin his fans over and didnt come through. this gives him the ability to sooner or later get it right and then everyone on the board will shower him with love and attention cause he's an insider.

i dont believe it!!! i only wish i had thought of it to be honest.

? I cant believe im the only one who asks questions, how can u all just believe without askin any questions?

aunt ger is dizzy's aunt and im sure he loves her but i dont think he'd jeopardize his friendship and position in GNR for her. u know what they say about axl, he is the greatest friend in the world till u cross him and then its like u are dead to him, i think dizzy leakin info to his aunt and she leakin it to a message board would qualify dont u?

You are right on that account. Dizzy need not jeopardize his friendship at all with Axl, for that is why I don't ask him anything he can't tell me. If what I said held any authenticity, then Dizzy would not still be with Axl and GN'R. My intentions were never to give anyone false hopes. It's odd how you believe what that say about Axl.? He is not as callous as you make him out to be. Seems you believe only what you choose. True, I have only talked with him twice, but he is not the asshole you seem to think he is, by his attitude that others portray him as being.? ?

i could be wrong but u must question stuff, u cant just accept stuff cause someone says so.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2004, 02:59:27 PM »

I have to ask ger, have you payed any mind to how the others guys are doing in VR, and if so do you like the music?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: