Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  aunt ger and those letters of support?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: aunt ger and those letters of support?  (Read 16968 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 11:28:05 PM »

beer Sterlingdog.....you must know me pretty well, for how you describe me is very true. I would never intentionally lead anyone to false hopes.  I merely repeated what my dear sister (Dizzy's mom) told me as we talked about CD and when it would actually surface. I was under the impression it would be out by Thanksgiving, 2003. I was wrong, and I admit it. So from then on my lips have been sealed! Now anything I hear, I keep to myself, for I don't want to make any more enemies. I'm a very proud aunt, and at times I get a little too excited about my nephew, with his many talents and accomplishments. To all of you that have met Dizzy, you would agree. I have a right to be proud.

You definately have a right to be proud. And I dont blame you for not wanting to say anything. I would think that Dizzy wouldnt want it said anyway.

ps. Nice to know your still lookin at the boards beer
Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 12:16:38 AM »

peace
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 01:31:19 AM »

Aunt Ger, your presence is appreciated above all else.....
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 06:33:57 AM »

you rock aunt ger

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 07:42:37 AM »

Aunt ger when gnr was in it's hey day did you get to hang with axl much..? I was also wondering has he ever came over to dinner with dizzy since the new group came together??

I know it's tacky, but being a fan I'm curious.. I only know what I've seen on the board ,that you come around and post and are related to dizzy, I know nothing else..
fixintodie
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 07:52:19 AM »

I was just thinking, perhaps Aunt Ger could ask Dizzy if he'd be interested in doing a little interview for the board like Tommy did?
Unless of course Jarmo has asked before, which come to think of it, he probably has.

Cool to see Aunt Ger around - and even cooler to see how supportive she is of her nephew.  beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 08:00:35 AM »

I was just thinking, perhaps Aunt Ger could ask Dizzy if he'd be interested in doing a little interview for the board like Tommy did?
Unless of course Jarmo has asked before, which come to think of it, he probably has.

Cool to see Aunt Ger around - and even cooler to see how supportive she is of her nephew.? beer

It sounds like a good idea, but I feel for some reason the admin on boards just want them to be posters and not put pressure on them.. I was told this once on another board when I asked something similar in regards to mrs reed..

Aunt ger seems cool though so I'm sure it's possible,, I just don't know if jarmo wants us all bothering her..
fixintodie
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 08:54:27 AM »

That's fair enough.  peace
Aunt Ger
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 09:28:14 AM »

This reply is directed to everyone. I thank you very much for making me feel like I'm someone special. I'm just like anyone's aunt, no red carpet is ever rolled out when I enter a room. I've only spoke, with Axl after two concerts. He never came for dinner, nor do I think he ever will. Having Dizzy at family gatherings is all the excitment we can take. I've never felt pressured by anyone to answer questions about GN'R. Most of you on the forums know a hell of a lot more then I do. As for Dizzy doing an interview. Maybe Lisa could answer that.? All in all.........I was very happy that Darci put together all the letters of support, sent them to me, so I could personally hand them to Dizzy, for him and the others to read. Two packages I hand delivered to him in the past and he was overwhelmed by all that had written heart filled letters of support. Indeed I am one of the biggest fans of my nephew, but I don't stand alone. All of you are keeping GN'R alive with the possitive and uplifting comments. And I think some day, Axl will realize just what he means to all of us and continue with his music.? ok
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 09:30:47 AM by Aunt Ger » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »

Cool to see Aunt Ger around - and even cooler to see how supportive she is of her nephew.? beer

Management aren't wanting Q&A sessions with gnr members at the moment
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 10:47:36 AM »

it's good to hear from you again aunt ger !
and i do hope axl persues his career someday soon.im sure he will though.but whatever he chooses i think it's best for him.and only he has to choose whats in his future not anybody else.and dizzy rocks too !

the one an only horsey !
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2004, 10:51:39 AM »

Funny you mentioned Q&A sessions when we never got Answers to the questions to begin with.

So now management doesn't even want questions then?
fixintodie
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2004, 11:12:55 AM »

I know! Is this a rock album or a military operation?  nervous
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2004, 11:31:07 AM »

Thanks for the well written response it's cool you're down to earth.. I have to ask you, are you let down with how long everything is taking? WHo would have thought the last gnr albums we bought with new material would have been in 1991..

I only mentioned the dinner because some guys might be really tight and be close with the family members.. Thanks for being honest with me, it's nice to know ..--

---

Mysteron I think you were a little tough on the person that asked, it is just an album and it would only make senc eto ask if you have someone who is close to dizzy posting on the board.. Everyone just wants some info..  Whatever happened to the ten questions from ages ago??
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2004, 02:35:48 PM »

i really wonder if axl got pissed off a little bit by tommy, after his latest interview in europe... Huh

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2004, 02:47:39 PM »

No kidding? Look, the "management" has never wanted the members to talk about shit.... They take themselves way too seriously... It's absurd. As a person with a creative job I can say that nothing kills creativity and inspiration like some fuck in a suit and tie with no sense of humor who is trying to scare people into doing this and that by the book. Just let the fucking band member relax and have fun. They act like this album is going to be a fucking murder trial or something.... No musician should have to feel scared of management. After all, if it weren't for the bandmembers there would be no music....

Just a rant I had to get off..... Sorry if I offend anyone but everytime I hear something about what management says or wants I think to myself "Fuck the Managment!".... haha!

back on topic... whats up aunt ger?

sorry, it's friday!

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »

No kidding? Look, the "management" has never wanted the members to talk about shit.... They take themselves way too seriously... It's absurd. As a person with a creative job I can say that nothing kills creativity and inspiration like some fuck in a suit and tie with no sense of humor who is trying to scare people into doing this and that by the book. Just let the fucking band member relax and have fun. They act like this album is going to be a fucking murder trial or something.... No musician should have to feel scared of management. After all, if it weren't for the bandmembers there would be no music....

Just a rant I had to get off..... Sorry if I offend anyone but everytime I hear something about what management says or wants I think to myself "Fuck the Managment!".... haha!

back on topic... whats up aunt ger?

sorry, it's friday!

You are getting it all wrong  hihi

The band members are free to do as they wish

I just mean that in terms of arranging an official interview with members of gnr, it is not possible at the moment.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 03:18:18 PM »

i really wonder if axl got pissed off a little bit by tommy, after his latest interview in europe... Huh

Tommy was encouraged by Axl and everyone else to do what he wanted. He said so himself. If you read in his interviews, Tommy had the decency of offering his solo songs to gnr before recording them himself. That is the kind of person Axl wants in gnr.

From what I understand, Axl just wants a bunch of people around him that respects who he is and what he wants. There are no rules, it's just all based on trust. Good old fashioned trust
Aunt Ger
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2004, 03:22:43 PM »

Thanks for the well written response it's cool you're down to earth.. I have to ask you, are you let down with how long everything is taking? WHo would have thought the last gnr albums we bought with new material would have been in 1991..

I only mentioned the dinner because some guys might be really tight and be close with the family members.. Thanks for being honest with me, it's nice to know ..--

---

Mysteron I think you were a little tough on the person that asked, it is just an album and it would only make senc eto ask if you have someone who is close to dizzy posting on the board.. Everyone just wants some info..? Whatever happened to the ten questions from ages ago??

As far as being "Let down", well.......there are many letdowns in life and I'd be a basket case if I let every one effect me in that way.  I won't hold my breath till CD does come out, but I do have hope that it will.  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2004, 03:25:09 PM »

---

Mysteron I think you were a little tough on the person that asked, it is just an album and it would only make senc eto ask if you have someone who is close to dizzy posting on the board.. Everyone just wants some info..? Whatever happened to the ten questions from ages ago??

Axl doesn't want to go public until there is an album

When he does he will answer your questions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: