Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  aunt ger and those letters of support?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: aunt ger and those letters of support?  (Read 16947 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 02, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »

I have to ask when I first joined these gnr forums I would see aunt ger and people with letters of support and pictures of dizzy with his aunt and the letters/// How come we stopped and where is aunt ger?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 06:25:16 PM »

She's around, just not posting much. After the thread I read over at mygnr, I don't blame her. People can be real jerks. She is a great person and comes to these sites as a gnr fan and some people treat her like crap!! I for one am sick of reading negitive crap directed at her and a couple of other people. They are fans too and they are here for the same reason we are, to be closer to people that share the same interests!!!!!

Sorry that wasn't directed at you mikegiuliana, just wanted to take advantage of your thread. peace!

Aunt Ger Love Ya!!!!
Amy L

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 06:28:19 PM »

I hear you, I know some people can just be mean,, I don't think it's because they dislike her, they just target their anger in the wrogn direction// You wait n see all thingw will be good once everything is going, sometimes let downs and disgust make us say things we don't really mean..

I think if the band had the info deligated to everyone it would be a whole lot easier for everyone, and no one would be angry at any person in perticular..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 06:55:25 PM »

Aunt Ger, sure is one of the greatest people on this board! She dont deserve that kind on feedback! And not any other of us eather!
We are here to discuss ur favorite band! And to get the latest news! We are in the same bunker here! No need to be slapping eachother!
But anyway, the Mods, do a great job in here!!
  Go guys!  ok

GUNS N ROSES! Like Kurt said, This is a Great band!!!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 06:55:53 PM »

i guess some people are angry with her, because she said that the album will come out at xxx. since she couldn't look into axl's mind and just posted what dizzy thought it's understandable. so some d***heads called her a liar. some posters at msg boards should grow up before insulting someone without using their brains.
whom do i mean? well, you know yourself better than i do!  Tongue hihi

Aunt Ger rox!!! ok

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:50:41 PM »

you can still send letters of support to the band.  If you want to send a letter of support to the band go to  www.gnrfanzine.com  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 05:27:46 AM »

you can still send letters of support to the band.? If you want to send a letter of support to the band go to? www.gnrfanzine.com? ok
Thanks beer
Aunt Ger
Rocker

"Hello there, Oliver Pubee"

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 08:22:01 PM »

Aaaahhhh........you gals and guys are just to wonderful for words. I know I upset a lot of rockers with the expectation of Chinese Democracy coming out by Thanksgiving last year. That goes to show you, that you shouldn't believe everything you read or hear. I apologize for getting your hopes up and then letting you down. My lips are now sealed. I will never add to news about GN'R again. I can only support the band by listening  to their music, and when the new album comes out, I will be first in line to buy a copy. I don't post much anymore, but I do read over 20 websites daily, and it's difficult to keep up some times. Sooo if you don't hear from me, know I'm always there. Keep up the positive comments about GN'R. Someday.........Axl just might surprise us and come back in action. I won't stake my life on it, but there is always hope and prayer.  peace
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 08:36:35 PM »

Hey Aunt Ger!!! wave

Hope you're well.? ?Smiley

Is Thanksgiving dinner at your house again this year?? If yes, are any family members bringing along any "friends"?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Aunt Ger
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 08:41:36 PM »

Haven't really decided . We might go to my daughter Michelle's for a turkey dinner.  Friends for dinner? Maybe? You never know who'll show up.  ok
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 11:37:05 PM »

horsey says hi ya aunt ger !

the one an only horsey !
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

hey there Aunt Ger
I'm sure you are looking forward to the album and the return of Guns N' Roses as much as we all are.
I'm sure Dizzy is proud to have you as a fan  ok
You rock!  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 03:52:04 AM »

i guess some people are angry with her, because she said that the album will come out at xxx. since she couldn't look into axl's mind and just posted what dizzy thought it's understandable. so some d***heads called her a liar. some posters at msg boards should grow up before insulting someone without using their brains.
whom do i mean? well, you know yourself better than i do!  Tongue hihi

Aunt Ger rox!!! ok

No u are wrong, posters should know concrete info before comin on a msg board and filling long waiting crazy starved GNR fans with hope.  If you dont want the backlash dont post the rumors.

we are equal opportunist bashers on here, its nothin personal but what happens is this.

"insiders" come on here with their inside info and they get everyone on the boards fired up and excited.

guess what happens when those dates come and go?  hundreds of people start calling axl an asshole and a liar and a piece of shit, when he had absolutely not a thing to do with those rumors.  I dont dig that at all.

so u all can defend or call people like myself names but here is a lesson to people on MSG boards

u dont want the heat dont make predictions.  GNR fans are ready to explode for any valid news and we have had our hopes crushed more times than i care to count. So if a poster is gonna act like they know stuff *i dont want "axl can change his mind shit"  if they act like its for real, we get excited we get crushed, we have no mercy on that.

by the way im still waiting on all this street team shit! what the hell ever happend with that? anyone? anyone?

like i said its nothin personal towards her but im tired of axl getting blamed when he has nothing to do with the release date info insiders post.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 03:55:13 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 05:34:59 AM »

Glad to see you here Aunt Ger!!! Keep the faith!!!!
Love Amy L

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 08:41:34 AM »

by the way im still waiting on all this street team shit! what the hell ever happend with that? anyone? anyone?

You wanna promote the new GN'R album?

The one without a release date?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 08:59:29 AM »

Thanks aunt ger.. I like the idea you speak your mind and don't act like anything is a sure thing... Have a good thanksgiving..
Sterlingdog
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 03:42:29 PM »

u dont want the heat dont make predictions.? GNR fans are ready to explode for any valid news and we have had our hopes crushed more times than i care to count. So if a poster is gonna act like they know stuff *i dont want "axl can change his mind shit"? if they act like its for real, we get excited we get crushed, we have no mercy on that.

Why on earth would you let your emotions be ruled by what some poster on a message board says?  You are giving her too much power if that's true.  People make honest mistakes, or things change.  It doesn't make her a bad person.  And it doesn't justify lashing out at her.  If you could prove she came here and lied intentionally to upset you, that's one thing, but that sure doesn't sound like the case here. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 06:58:16 PM »

I speak for other posters, i dont get upset at all, I am a rare breed of fan that doesnt mind the wait, i think it adds a little extra mystique and intrigue to the record.

I was answering the question of why people bash etc.

She is more than your run of the mill one post wonder people on here, she is a relative of a band member, so that makes what she says mean a whole lot more than an average poster.

she isnt an average poster she actually has the ability to know real info.

Its not cool to bash her, im not saying that, im just saying its a message board with probably the most passionate rabid fans of any band in the history of the world, so u have to use a little caution when getting the hopes up of people who have been waiting a decade for a life altering album.

My street team beef is how it was gone about.  It really felt like we were being assembled for a reason, that reason was the greatest hits?

Street teams are great but u answered the question for me Jarmo, they should be assembled to promote an album or something. Lookin back it was kinda like what was the point at that time?

that  got peoples hopes up, if anyone dont believe me, search, find that thread and read through it.

I dont like the negativity Axl gets from sources saying stuff like its factual when he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I love the wait, i have 2 new bon jovi albums coming out, a new Red Hot Chili Peppers album will be surfacing soon and then another VR record, if it takes 10 years i can wait 10 years, it costs nothing to wait and there's nothing anyone can do about it, so it doesnt bother me at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Aunt Ger
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 07:53:49 PM »

beer Sterlingdog.....you must know me pretty well, for how you describe me is very true. I would never intentionally lead anyone to false hopes.  I merely repeated what my dear sister (Dizzy's mom) told me as we talked about CD and when it would actually surface. I was under the impression it would be out by Thanksgiving, 2003. I was wrong, and I admit it. So from then on my lips have been sealed! Now anything I hear, I keep to myself, for I don't want to make any more enemies. I'm a very proud aunt, and at times I get a little too excited about my nephew, with his many talents and accomplishments. To all of you that have met Dizzy, you would agree. I have a right to be proud.
estranged.1098
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 09:57:54 PM »

I would like to thank you Aunt Ger for sharing us the information you got at that time, and also for handing Dizzy the letters. I understand why you wouldn't want to post anything else new in a thread after all the sh*t from "Gn'R fans", but if you feel like it you can send me a PM.? hihi

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: