Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:25:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  next single's success decides everything!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: next single's success decides everything!  (Read 2739 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: October 24, 2004, 12:41:05 AM »

Since Contraband has been released haters or lovers all agree on one thing.

there really isnt much seperation in all the tracks. I cant really say one song is better than another.

u can judge this two ways. all the songs are good but not great or every song is equally great.

the next single will prove this theory correct one way or the other.

If big machine goes to number 1 they could literally have 8 more number 1 singles which would be 10 number 1's off one record. that would be unprecedented.

DIFTK's,Headspace,dirty little thing,spectacle,stb's,superhuman and YGNR obviously could be number 1's.

so i wonder what the record is for most number 1's off one record?

next single will decide however whether this album will go down as one of the best ever, or if it was just a great rock record in 2004.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 03:01:27 AM »

For this record to be truly big time and historic, there are only two mandatory songs that must be released.  Superhuman and You Got No Right.  I say these two because then the band will have all the bases covered.  The Rocker: Slither, the Monster Ballad: Fall to Pieces, The Modern Rocker: Superhuman, and the classic sounding Masterpiece: You Got No Right.  After that you can release whatever the heck you want.  Songs that should never be released off this album are DIFTK, Big Machine, and Suckertrain Blues.  Dirty Little Thing is like STB, but just a lot better.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 06:31:38 AM »

It will be unprecedented if every single they released reached #1 at the top 100 billboard chart. As far as I know ( and please correct me if I'm wrong) VR's first two singles haven't even come close yet. Yes they have reached the #1 spot in the modern rock charts, but they are yet to have a number#1 single in the billboard charts.

As for Big Machine reaching #1 in the rock charts, I doubt it's going to happen. Maybe will peak at #8 or #9 but won't go any higher. YGNR however....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 07:41:54 AM »

goin to number 1 on the rock charts still is an impressive feat, especially to do it multiple times like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 09:41:48 AM »

I hope they don't release Big Machine as a single... it's one of the weakest songs on the album IMO.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 10:40:43 AM »

If they released Headspace it would be guaranteed to the make top 5.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 12:23:15 PM »

Spectacle, IMO, could reach number one.  It has a great modern sound to it, which would make lots of non-VR fans like it even more, but also blends great aspects of the old bands together into a great song.  I would release that as the next single, but I doubt they will, since they rarely even play it live.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 08:11:57 PM »

Big Machine is the worst song on the album to me.  Hope they don't release that.  They need to do 2 more singles, one hard song and one more ballad.  My votes would be Headspace and Loving The Alien.
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 09:47:06 PM »

Scott was the perfect choice.  Bach wouldve been commercial suicide, he sound 80's, looks 80's, is 80's.I love him and skid row but in order for this band to be successful they needed a departure from Sebastian's singing style. Scott is a huge reason VR has been so successful, his songwriting etc.

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 09:48:03 PM »

sorry Im an idiot and posted in the wrong spot

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 12:15:22 AM »

i really dont care which rocker they choose cuz most are pretty much the same.  I'm just waiting for LTA to come out!!  im crossing my fingers for that.  I don't think YGNR would appeal to the general public and would be a suicide for CB.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 11:32:48 PM »

My personal choices would be Dirty Little Thing or Superhuman for the next single.... Sucker Train Blues is probably going to be it but I don't think it should be... It's a great song but they should release the best now. I also believe that Big Machine would do quite well even though some people do not like it. It has been getting radio play on some stations on it's own now and that says something.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: